Rant: I don't care about Sonic

Sidewalk Surfboard

No, I was born in 1990. I was too young for that. And since tech here came with a slight delay (like, PCs in the late 1990's/early 2000's) I had only an oppurtunity to try out Amiga and it's classics. Like Desert Strike, Cannon Fodder and Civilisation I.

And consoles and emulators never existed here. They still really don't. There is a huge difference between US and western EU gaming culture and central and eastern Europe one.

Edited by Ayattar

Ah yes Canon Fodder, I remember my dad playing it, along with Chuck Rock

My dad was the first person I knew to complete all Cannon Fodder missions (I got stuck on level 23) and Diablo 2 without LoD expansion on hell difficulty. He was also beating 8 "hard" NPCs in Cossacks.

The only 3 games he ever played.

And Chuck Rock reminds me of a Hula-Bula guy.

Dude Cossacks, I have it on steam, I would played so much when I was a kid too! Though the AI are really easy, even on the hard setting, just pick Austria, Poland, France or Russia and do a XVIIth rush and finish them with grenadiers in the XVIIIth

oh yes Cossacks 2 is much better, the village capture mechanics is well thought-out, and troops can be managed much more in depth. Now just Imagine if they were to make American Conquest: Divided Nation with the same mechanics as Cossacks 2, that would be awesome!

Sorry, but at that time I prefered Planescape:Torment. 

I just had to like your post for that. I never got around to finishing that game, but I remember it well. I really should go buy it on GOG..

On topic: Never card for Sonic. Hell, never PLAYED a Sonic game. Then again, the first console I had was a PS1 and I was never that in to platformers, so I guess it's not that surprising when you think about it.

I never played Sonic because my little brothers were obsessed with it growing up and anything my little brothers liked was lame (in true sibling fashion.)

Now anything Sonic just instantly annoys me.

Religious Sonic fanart is probably my favorite go-to cringe category though. It's great.

(And yeah the only good thing at drive-in Sonic is the drinks. Everything else tastes vaguely of tater tots in my experience.)

Edited by Ruggy

I think the common trope with the sonic fanbase is that the sonic franchise as a unique style of drawing characters that attracts people.

Its fascinating from an outside standpoint really, imagine being the creator of the "sonic style", which is parodied and used everywhere and you invented the style. Must be an interesting achivement for the artist(s), even if everyone else groans in annoyance at the prepubescent fixation on sanic

I think the common trope with the sonic fanbase is that the sonic franchise as a unique style of drawing characters that attracts people.

Its fascinating from an outside standpoint really, imagine being the creator of the "sonic style", which is parodied and used everywhere and you invented the style. Must be an interesting achivement for the artist(s), even if everyone else groans in annoyance at the prepubescent fixation on sanic

It's only "unique" because it's insanely easy to copy because it's so easy to replicate since most Sonic characters are all centered around a single 'base'.

Edited by PastryOfApathy

It's only "unique" because it's insanely easy to copy because it's so easy to replicate since most Sonic characters are all centered around a single 'base'.y face

The stick figure and smiley face were also simplistic representations of reality yet didnt exist for very long.

Unless you count cavemen wall paintings but those are not quite like sticks today.

A base that everyone can follow is still a basic invention.

The stick figure and smiley face were also simplistic representations of reality yet didnt exist for very long.

Unless you count cavemen wall paintings but those are not quite like sticks today.

A base that everyone can follow is still a basic invention.

You cant mess with perfection

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.eaf8093a8813483b

• Like 1

As a kid I grew up playing sonic on the sega genesis and watching the (90s) cartoon show I don't know when they killed sonic and decided to go weekend at berneys with his corpse but they did and continue to do so.