Rant: I'm ugly and nobody wants to date me :(

Hold up while this thread is still up let me just share an anecdote

I recently met my friend after its been...what...how long? Three years. She's a great person and I was so surprised and happy to see her again, one of my closes friends Ive had in this short and friendless life which is mine.

Guess what I learned? She has a girlfriend now? Her girlfriend is a pretty girl.

now, I like to be generous with people's appearances because there most people arent ugly, just not the typical idealistic value of attractive. Now, when it comes to weight Im typically generous in that respect too, because theres lots of cute and attractive chubby people. So Im not being generous in calling her chubby...she's fat. Always has been pretty dang fat. Shes not the type of girl to take care of her weight intentionally.

However, she's one of the sweetest, most talkative, and most energetic people around. Ive never been out of conversation topic with her. She's one of the few people I cant feel awkward around and has such a vibrant personality.

So you know what? Im super happy she's happy. Thats pretty amazing for her, so you know what? When people in previous posts said fat people and ugly people still date, theyre not lying. You just roll with life and have a good time.

Seriousky though, Im still super elated for her. Hehe!

20 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Hold up while this thread is still up let me just share an anecdote

I recently met my friend after its been...what...how long? Three years. She's a great person and I was so surprised and happy to see her again, one of my closes friends Ive had in this short and friendless life which is mine.

Guess what I learned? She has a girlfriend now? Her girlfriend is a pretty girl.

now, I like to be generous with people's appearances because there most people arent ugly, just not the typical idealistic value of attractive. Now, when it comes to weight Im typically generous in that respect too, because theres lots of cute and attractive chubby people. So Im not being generous in calling her chubby...she's fat. Always has been pretty dang fat. Shes not the type of girl to take care of her weight intentionally.

However, she's one of the sweetest, most talkative, and most energetic people around. Ive never been out of conversation topic with her. She's one of the few people I cant feel awkward around and has such a vibrant personality.

So you know what? Im super happy she's happy. Thats pretty amazing for her, so you know what? When people in previous posts said fat people and ugly people still date, theyre not lying. You just roll with life and have a good time.

Seriousky though, Im still super elated for her. Hehe!

Well hate to stereotype, but girls are generally less picky with looks and more for personality. Men (especially gay ones) are like 90% looks-based.

43 minutes ago, មិនស្អាត said:

Well hate to stereotype, but girls are generally less picky with looks and more for personality. Men (especially gay ones) are like 90% looks-based.

Girls and most gay men are superficial and will go for looks more than personality, IMO. 

But you are over exaggerating. You aren't ugly appearance wise.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, មិនស្អាត said:

Tbh, hetero guys aren't innocent either. I guess everybody does it. 

"Good looks" is more or less an mating value evolutionary trait that we have when seeking mates. Same goes for financial stability, or the "successful hunter" trait. 

How we perceive to be good looking is also subjective. Some people may put stock into certain facial structures, skin colors, eyes, etc. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zeke said:

"Good looks" is more or less an mating value evolutionary trait that we have when seeking mates. Same goes for financial stability, or the "successful hunter" trait. 

How we perceive to be good looking is also subjective. Some people may put stock into certain facial structures, skin colors, eyes, etc. 

I think many of us are more likely to agree upon what is ugly, than what is good looking. 

You guys are wasting your time. All of your advice will fall on deaf ears until OP quits throwing himself a pity party. I can see it in the way you talk dude, you're so afraid to fail that you won't even try anymore. It's really making me sad, becauae you're your own worst enemy and you dont even see it. I promise you that blaming your problems on your looks or on the world isn't going to make you any happier.

5 minutes ago, មិនស្អាត said:

They're like anyone else IMO; some hot, some ugly, some in between.

as a ginger i can tell you theyre actually trash garbage. unfortunately they must get laid somehow because we're still stuck with 'em in the year of our lord 2016.

53 minutes ago, MuttButt said:

You guys are wasting your time. All of your advice will fall on deaf ears until OP quits throwing himself a pity party. I can see it in the way you talk dude, you're so afraid to fail that you won't even try anymore. It's really making me sad, becauae you're your own worst enemy and you dont even see it. I promise you that blaming your problems on your looks or on the world isn't going to make you any happier.

Have you no compassion? 

Your heart is cold and empty.

Sadness is what your words bring to the world. 

2 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Have you no compassion? 

Your heart is cold and empty.

Sadness is what your words bring to the world. 

no u

Seriously though, I'm only telling the truth. OP's problems come from within. He has to work on himself as a person to be happy at all, let alone find a lover/partner. I doubt he's even as ugly as he claims to be, he just wants us all to say that he is so that he can have an excuse to give up. I have plenty of compassion, but I spare little of it for people who wallow in their own pity and don't even try to make the best of their situations. 

We've been through this dance many times on FAF, but asking a bunch of flurries what they think of you isn't going to help you. What makes it worthwhile is that you do the legwork on your own and you can see the improvement by how people react and treat you. 

Read self help books, some psychological articles on self-help, or anything to help boost your confidence. The only person that's holding you back on fixing things is YOU and only YOU.

1 hour ago, មិនស្អាត said:

They're like anyone else IMO; some hot, some ugly, some in between.

I think a foxy-haired ginger can be quite alluring. 

We've been through this dance many times on FAF, but asking a bunch of flurries what they think of you isn't going to help you. What makes it worthwhile is that you do the legwork on your own and you can see the improvement by how people react and treat you. 

Read self help books, some psychological articles on self-help, or anything to help boost your confidence. The only person that's holding you back on fixing things is YOU and only YOU.

Threads like this always make me feel bad, because what if there genuinely isn't a solution and everyone's comments, therapy and so forth is just platitude? 

Edited by Saxon

1 hour ago, MuttButt said:

honestly this. self-image is a pretty powerful thing.

my best friend does the same thing that OP does and the fucked up thing is that he even has a boyfriend. he's been in multiple relationships. yet he's still convinced that he's fat and unattractive. I've lost track of all the times he's asked me if he's actually ugly or fat and he is legitimately neither of those things.

3 hours ago, Pignog said:

as a ginger i can tell you theyre actually trash garbage. unfortunately they must get laid somehow because we're still stuck with 'em in the year of our lord 2016.

Recessive genes, pal.

2 hours ago, Mentova said:

Welcome to the club OP, get used to your hand and drinking until you forget your crippling lonliness. :V

You and OP should hook up

48 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Then again maybe gay men are just picky as fuck.

this is a fact really. half of the guys I find on typical hook up and dating apps are so picky for reasons I've yet to understand. the picky ones are all the same though. strictly into good looking, white, "masculine" guys. they also tend to be pretty boring too though

3 minutes ago, willow said:

this is a fact really. half of the guys I find on typical hook up and dating apps are so picky for reasons I've yet to understand. the picky ones are all the same though. strictly into good looking, white, "masculine" guys. they also tend to be pretty boring too though

See for me its the exact opposite that gay dudes aren't picky like at all but girls are super picky.

Like, girls never seem interested in me but for some reason dudes really want my butt. Donno if its just that something about me is more attractive to guys than girls or if its just my experience or what. :V

53 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Recessive genes, pal.

You and OP should hook up

If I was gay I might hook up with Mentova.

5 minutes ago, willow said:

Willow when did you become a gay guy or did I miss something?

9 minutes ago, Mentova said:

See for me its the exact opposite that gay dudes aren't picky like at all but girls are super picky.

Like, girls never seem interested in me but for some reason dudes really want my butt. Donno if its just that something about me is more attractive to guys than girls or if its just my experience or what. :V

it's totally the butt

8 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Willow when did you become a gay guy or did I miss something?

I guess you missed the memo :u

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mentova said:

I'll talk to my gurl and see if you want in with a menage trois. :V

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

Here's a thought:

Have you ever considered that, because only about 1%-10% of men (depending on what survey you believe) are gay, perhaps all the men you've been hitting on have rejected you because they're straight? Just curious.

Then again maybe gay men are just picky as fuck.

I only hit on men who like men (gay, bi, whatever). And they are picky as fuck.

4 hours ago, Mentova said:

OP is probably an r/athiest NICE GUY so he probably won't accept that I'm not a 10/10 hot model. :V

I don't reddit and I'm not nice soooo... pics? :3

3 hours ago, willow said:

Pretty much.

10 hours ago, Zeke said:

I'll talk to my gurl and see if you want in with a menage trois. :V

I'd legit be down for that ;D

7 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

You could be like me and be fugly AND have a shit personality =)

(Somehow I don't have much trouble finding dudes though)

That is because you are neither of those things and you only think that because you're like my clone with a vagina :V

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

You could be like me and be fugly AND have a shit personality =)

(Somehow I don't have much trouble finding dudes though)

You're a straight girl. Of course you don't have trouble.

If you're a gay dude, and any part of you (looks, personality, life, etc.) is under a 9.8/10, you're single forever. :(

1 hour ago, មិនស្អាត said:

If you're a gay dude, and any part of you (looks, personality, life, etc.) is under a 9.8/10, you're single forever. :(

Dis, dis right here is why you're alone. You have zero confidence and everything you say is kinda mopey, at least in this thread. That shit is unattractive.

I would also like to add, generalizing gay men as shallow and superficial is a really harmful stereotype to perpetuate based on somesuch narrow self-perceived personal, experience. And it really bothers me to hear such things, because not ALL gay males are like that. In fact, Id wager most arent like that.

I think we as a society have already been through enough generalizations of entire subcultures and people groups, why perpetuate one that you are a part of anyways? People are individuals and are not always going to fit in whatever box you put them in because of their age, race, nationality, class, gender, sex, hair color, pet dogs' name, etc.

So yeah, that reasoning is total BS

• Like 1

Men not used to the dating scene quickly learn that taking care of yourself is an admirable quality in a mate. (Women have culturally always had this "be beautiful or you're worthless" culture shoved in their face so they typically are used to it)