Users! What is it, EXACTLY, do you want out of Phoenixed?

At this point I feel there's two large and related things that need to be figured out.

First, there's the fact that Carenath obviously doesn't have the time available to be the forum's sole administrator. It seems from the outside like everything is in limbo due to this issue.

Second, there's actually deciding on the real rules for the new forum and how moderators should apply them. For this item in particular, it would probably be useful for people to think of what exactly they'd like to see change from the current state of the forums and how that change could be accomplished.

On January 5, 2016 at 6:24 PM, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

To be completely honest, the creation of this thread kinda has this air of...bad attitude to it, acting as if this forum is already going down the shitter or is complete garbage. If that's the case, I disagree with that. Is this forum perfect? Not really, no forum really is. Each person will have their hangups about it that determine their overall stance on the site.

Just wanted to clear up I made the thread because I'm friends with mods outside of here. That and coupled with the difficulties in hammering out things like rules, and how different flare ups with users happen, I was curious as to what exactly folks are here for. Maybe the informaition could become useful. I figure like, if enough people post about something they want, maybe it would encourage things towards that direction. 

And besides, there wasn't a thread discussion phoenix as an entity. Think of this as a public survey for how you personally would like the community to be, and maybe we could make a concious effort to do that thing for everyone else. For instance, I noticed a lot of stuff for more user events. I'd love to host more art related stuff, so I'm kicking around ideas for art games and what have you. 

1 hour ago, Onnes said:

At this point I feel there's two large and related things that need to be figured out.

First, there's the fact that Carenath obviously doesn't have the time available to be the forum's sole administrator. It seems from the outside like everything is in limbo due to this issue.

Second, there's actually deciding on the real rules for the new forum and how moderators should apply them. For this item in particular, it would probably be useful for people to think of what exactly they'd like to see change from the current state of the forums and how that change could be accomplished.

And this is totally why I posted the thread. If everyone can see what it is they'd like to see phoenix steered towards, I'd be happy to help. 

13 minutes ago, Lemon said:

And this is totally why I posted the thread. If everyone can see what it is they'd like to see phoenix steered towards, I'd be happy to help. 

I figured, I was just frustrated that people don't seem to like going into detail about the topic. In order of increasing usefulness there's 'I like/dislike forum dynamic A', 'I like/dislike forum dynamic A as exemplified by U', and finally 'I like/dislike forum dynamic A as exemplified by U, which I would see modified by X.'

Ok, I know i haven't been here long, but I'll chime in anyway.
I want exactly what we've been getting. Really, I think things are pretty great the way they are. I think we've got the prefect balance going on: There's shitposts galore and nobody takes anything seriously, but at the same time, there really are some serious discussions that take place and nobody's being an asshole. You get the vibe that everyone's just here for a good time; whereas other forums I've been on have 10 pages of detailed rules and everybody's either incredibly patronizing or incredibly rude/indifferent. Why mess with a good thing?

That's my 2¢ anyway. This is actually the longest i've ever stuck around a forum, so something must be going alright. What i WOULD like to see improve tho? The mobile site. Needs a less buggy text editor and a way to get back to the mobile site when it gets stuck on desktop mode.