Do furries have crappy lives?

#00Buck

Just now, Lucyfish said:

That's the sort of bullshit attitude that makes it hard for the the younger demographic. They struggle in life, they encounter struggles that the older demographic have not, and when they have trouble dealing with those struggles they get called "whiney" instead of receiving help and advice.

Oh really? Like what? Not having super fast wi fi?

Oh wait. Wi fi didn't exist back when old people were kids. 

Just now, Lucyfish said:

That's the sort of bullshit attitude that makes it hard for the the younger demographic. They struggle in life, they encounter struggles that the older demographic have not, and when they have trouble dealing with those struggles they get called "whiney" instead of receiving help and advice.

Advice: I know it's hard, but as an independent adult who no longer lives at home, you can't expect your parents to buy you a new PlayStation for Christmas: You have to buy your own now.

7 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

No. Among people I know the younger they are the happier they are.

Children are the happiest by far. 

True...but that seems to level out around puberty when school gets harder, life gets less carefree, the world becomes more clearer and therefore difficult to comprehend, and responsibilities add on

4 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Rant = bad.

Rave = good.

90% in the top ten are rants. Speaks for itself.

You missed the point before where people said people tend to focus on negatives over positives

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Advice: I know it's hard, but as an independent adult who no longer lives at home, you can't expect your parents to buy you a new PlayStation for Christmas: You have to buy your own now.

LOL @ the struggle that old people have not had. 

Just now, Lucyfish said:

Like homelessness, joblessness, and an economic depression we haven't seen since the 1930's.

People who are older than you are experiencing the same thing. 

Everyone who is alive is experiencing this. 

People who are really old already experienced it in 1930 and therefore have a life twice as hard as yours. 

2 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

True...but that seems to level out around puberty when school gets harder, life gets less carefree, the world becomes more clearer and therefore difficult to comprehend, and responsibilities add on

You missed the point before where people said people tend to focus on negatives over positives

Some people spas out in puberty bot most people handle it well. 

Most people don't focus on negatives. Most people on this forum do but that is uncommon.

The average person is a pretty good balance between positive and negative. 

1 minute ago, #00Buck said:

LOL @ the struggle that old people have not had. 

I mean, I certainly get that adulthood and new found responsibilities can be a struggle, of course they are.  That whole 'independent adult' thing takes some getting used to and it can take a number of years to really get the hang of it.  It can take time and self-discovery to find out what you really want to do in life as well.  But to say that everyone under 30 is 'miserable' is ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

People who are older than you are experiencing the same thing. 

Everyone who is alive is experiencing this. 

People who are really old already experienced it in 1930 and therefore have a life twice as hard as yours. 

Actually most people currently searching for jobs are in the younger demographic, as most older people have had steady jobs since the 80's and 90's. Y'know, when getting a job wasn't very difficult.

I mean, I certainly get that adulthood and new found responsibilities can be a struggle, of course they are.  That whole 'independent adult' thing takes some getting used to and it can take a number of years to really get the hang of it.  It can take time and self-discovery to find out what you really want to do in life as well.  But to say that everyone under 30 is 'miserable' is ridiculous.

Exactly. Also quitting your pizza job and moving in with your drug dealer are not normal parts of becoming "an independent adult."

In fact it would be a massive step in the wrong direction and an indication you are doing things wrong in life. 

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

But to say that everyone under 30 is 'miserable' is ridiculous.

Did I say everyone? No, I said majority. And no, not "miserable," but definitely struggling.

I myself am "miserable" because I'm a transgender youth and I recently lost my two best friends. I can't speak for anybody else's misery.

1 minute ago, Lucyfish said:

Actually most people currently searching for jobs are in the younger demographic, as most older people have had steady jobs since the 80's and 90's. Y'know, when getting a job wasn't very difficult.

Bullshit. Nobody has a steady job today. Anyone who has had a steady job since college at this point would be in their early 60's.

People born 1970 and later have had to change careers many times. 

Just now, #00Buck said:

Exactly. Also quitting your pizza job and moving in with your drug dealer are not normal parts of becoming "an independent adult."

In fact it would be a massive step in the wrong direction and an indication you are doing things wrong in life. 

He's not just my drug dealer, he's my friend. A friend who gave me a place to live when I needed it, when I had no money.

Just now, #00Buck said:

Bullshit. Nobody has a steady job today. Anyone who has had a steady job since college at this point would be in their early 60's.

People born 1970 and later have had to change careers many times. 

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

nigga i'm so weak

Did I say everyone? No, I said majority. And no, not "miserable," but definitely struggling.

I myself am "miserable" because I'm a transgender youth and I recently lost my two best friends. I can't speak for anybody else's misery.

Now the back-pedalling begins. 

Plus an admission of being miserable.

So you and pastry both openly admit you are miserable people. 

You are both not average. You are far from average. You are not normal. 

2 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

I've had a steady job since college, but I attribute this to dumb luck that I must not take for granted. :D

Like, literally, I started working in my industry on the day after labor day, school formally ended on August 31st that year. O.o

Edited by AshleyAshes

5 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

The people who run CNN are not average people. They are millionaires with agendas. 

Missing the point. People gravitate toward negative stories/attitudes, it's a huge part of why these networks continue to bring in enormous audiences and revenue. Would you consider those who listen to the news miserable?

Edited by Newt

He's not just my drug dealer, he's my friend. A friend who gave me a place to live when I needed it, when I had no money.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

nigga i'm so weak

And you represent yourself as being "average" in terms of your life attitude.

Wow. Keep digging. You'll get to China soon. 

Just now, #00Buck said:

No shit I'm not normal. However the common struggles you often see in the furry community are very normal. Struggles with employment and finances, struggles with losing friends, these are normal things that all people, especially the younger demographic, often face. It's nothing specific to the furry fandom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

I've had a steady job since college, but I attribute this to dumb luck that I must not take for granted. :D

Like, literally, I started working in my industry on the day after labor day, school formally ended on August 31st that year. O.o

You got laid off two months ago.

That's not a steady job. That's a total change of employment. 

Just now, Lucyfish said:

No shit I'm not normal. However the common struggles you often see in the furry community are very normal. Struggles with employment and finances, struggles with losing friends, these are normal things that all people, especially the younger demographic, often face. It's nothing specific to the furry fandom.

It is super concentrated in the furry fandom. 

Like frozen orange juice. 

I wouldn't consider my two days of unemployment to have made it that unsteady.  And my new job pays more while I'm still in the same field. :3

It is exactly that. It is a new job.

You have not been employed by the same company continuously. You don't commute to the same workplace. 

In fact you used to be a paramedic so that's at least three job changes in the recent past isn't it?

Just now, Lucyfish said:

Yes, most young people are struggling.

See, now we're getting somewhere.

No. Most young people are happy and looking forward to a bright future. 

7 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Im just observing here but jeez buck, dont you know what quotations around a word means, herpderp?

Go back to your scat bass threads, fishie. Blub x3

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

Just now, #00Buck said:

No you are wrong. And miserable. And living with your drug dealer. And obviously in no position to determine what is normal or average or healthy.

You're a mess. So is your opinion. 

Nope, my girlfriend and I have our own place now. And honestly, if it wasn't for Devon's love of pumping music incredibly loud at unholy hours, we would probably still want to live with him anyway because he's a really good guy.

I'm doing better now than I have in a long time, and I don't use people's situations to try to debunk facts. You, on the other hand, are just ignorant.

Just now, Lucyfish said:

Nope, my girlfriend and I have our own place now. And honestly, if it wasn't for Devon's love of pumping music incredibly loud at unholy hours, we would probably still want to live with him anyway because he's a really good guy.

I'm doing better now than I have in a long time, and I don't use people's situations to try to debunk facts. You, on the other hand, are just ignorant.

No I'm observant. That's where science comes from. Observation of the facts. 

Just now, Mr. Fox said:

Thanks, bro. 

You're welcome. I make the HOT threads. 

Just now, Lucyfish said:

Yet you ignore the facts. Why don't you go do some research.

On how loud the bass was at your crappy apartment? 

You're the person who needs to do research. The only thing you know is your own life and that's a mess. 

5 minutes ago, ZorroValdez said:

Life sucks, but it's not a bad idea to try to make the best of things. I hate my job, about 90% of its customers, and most people in general, but I rarely complain about it because that doesn't get anything done. So my motto has turned into: Fuck it.

Kinda totally proves my point. But I do like your spirit! Cheers! 

Just now, Terminal7 said:

And then Sylox shouts to the lowly ground before him:

"May the bottles be pissed in, for all of the members are thirsty"

Yeah! That guy was totally normal! Average in every way. Complete represents all young people. 

This place is a dysfunctional mess.