The Animu Thread

Calemeyr

3 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

The Manga goes more in depth on explaining what's going on. It's been so long since I've researched this stuff, so I may be rusty.

Reveal hidden contents

The angels were being created, or rather resurrected, by SEELE. The whole goal was to initialize third impact (Instrumentality). Basically, SEELE's goal, third impact, was the next "evolution" of man, in a fashion. Mankind would strip away their flesh and the barriers between us, and our souls would join in a form of collective consciousness, a type of utopia, inside a giant Rei, who's kinda like Lilith, but Rei. The Angels joining with either Lilith or Adam was supposed to start that. I THINK Adam was the one who created the Angels, a billion years ago, to fight Lilith. Episodes 25 and 26 were supposed to be third impact from Shinji's point of view (and briefly other characters), him rejecting other people and then finally accepting himself and others (the part where everyone claps around him). (In all actuality the reason the last two episodes are the way they are is because Gainax ran out of money). In the movie, he rejects Instrumentality and it fails.

Here's something explained later in the Manga, so don't read it if you don't want to know. Lilith and Adam are life seeds for planets, sent by an advanced race. They're designed to create life on a planet, eventually striving towards intelligent life. There's only supposed to be one per planet, but Earth accidentally had two, and Adam and Lilith fought each other. Hence, the angels were created by Adam to fight Lilith. Lilith eventually stabs Adam with the Lance of Longinus, and he goes into hibernation at the South Pole. Lilith then creates life on Earth. The giant sphere under the geofront where Lilith is located was her "spacecraft", and there's a matching one for Adam at the South Pole.

Thanks for answering that, but now I'm going to ask some harder stuff that's also nagging me...

How does Human Instrumentality work exactly? Are they all in the LCL or the black moon? What's the proccess there?

1 hour ago, Rabbit Head said:

Thanks for answering that, but now I'm going to ask some harder stuff that's also nagging me...

Reveal hidden contents

How does Human Instrumentality work exactly? Are they all in the LCL or the black moon? What's the proccess there?

"How does Human Instrumentality work exactly? Are they all in the LCL or the black moon? What's the proccess there?"

The 'original' Instrumentality plan is that when Third Impact occurs the Door of Guf opens and all the Lilin souls residing in humans (the souls of the First Ancestral Race -- this being the Angels also house souls from the F.A.R.) are absorbed back into the Black Moon, a.k.a. Lilith's Egg. The physical bodies, being husks, revert back into the primordial matter widely referred to as L.C.L.

It's my assumption the egg is free to move to a new planet if it wills to.

SEELE's plan was to use Human Instrumentality as a way to attain 'godhood'. They would accomplish this by taking Unit-01, with an aquired S2 engine (Fruit of the Tree of Life, held by Adam -- as opposed to Lilith's Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge), and enacting Third Impact. As the people return to L.C.L. and the souls go back to the Black Moon the SEELE Committee would destroy the Lance of Longinus and implant their souls into the godlike Unit-01 and become a god with the soul of a human and live forever. 

Gendo's plan is essentially the same thing for the exception that he wants all of humanity within Unit-01 so he and Shinji can reunite with Yui once again.

5 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

The Manga goes more in depth on explaining what's going on. It's been so long since I've researched this stuff, so I may be rusty.

Hide contents

Here's something explained later in the Manga, so don't read it if you don't want to know. Lilith and Adam are life seeds for planets, sent by an advanced race. They're designed to create life on a planet, eventually striving towards intelligent life. There's only supposed to be one per planet, but Earth accidentally had two, and Adam and Lilith fought each other. Hence, the angels were created by Adam to fight Lilith. Lilith eventually stabs Adam with the Lance of Longinus, and he goes into hibernation at the South Pole. Lilith then creates life on Earth. The giant sphere under the geofront where Lilith is located was her "spacecraft", and there's a matching one for Adam at the South Pole.

Just a little on Adam and Lilith and the Impacts.

Adam and Lilith didn't actually fight, per se.

Adam landed on earth LONG before Lilith and he sowed his seeds for his children. 

4 Billion Years B.C.E., Lilith accidentally crashes onto earth causing First Impact. The sudden landing destroyed Lilith's Lance of Longinus.

The Lances are Sentient and are paired with Seeds as a contingency plan just in case two Seeds of Life land on one planet. Since Lilith's Spear was destroyed Adam's Spear activated and halted his process of creating life. Thus the bodies of Angels (the 'rightful owners' of earth) were scattered in embryonic states with no souls. 

Lilith then started Lillin based life bestowed with the Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge.

The Second Impact was caused by a SEELE funded team of scientists lead by Katsuragi's father. This was the Katsuragi Expedition to the South Pole. 

They found the sleeping Adam and his Lance and started experimenting. Here they started the Contact Experiment. A Human would attempt to make contact with a Seed of Life. 

The experiment doesn't really have any details on how or what they do but using Human (Lilin) DNA, and L.C.L., they fashion a body. The scientists use the Lance of Longinus to shrink Adam's body down to embryonic state while at the same time, ripping out his soul and implanting it into the fresh body recently created; thus Kaworu was born. 

This act of ripping out Adam's soul caused his Door of Guf to open, spread souls to his children, and destroy everything around him in a cataclysmic event known as the Second Impact.

Over the next 15 years majority of the Angels grow and mature. The Angels each have their own motives, but their overall plan is to enact Instrumentality to remove Lilin based life so the rightful Adam based life can live.

18 hours ago, Vaer said:

Just a little on Adam and Lilith and the Impacts.

Hide contents

Adam and Lilith didn't actually fight, per se.

Adam landed on earth LONG before Lilith and he sowed his seeds for his children. 

4 Billion Years B.C.E., Lilith accidentally crashes onto earth causing First Impact. The sudden landing destroyed Lilith's Lance of Longinus.

The Lances are Sentient and are paired with Seeds as a contingency plan just in case two Seeds of Life land on one planet. Since Lilith's Spear was destroyed Adam's Spear activated and halted his process of creating life. Thus the bodies of Angels (the 'rightful owners' of earth) were scattered in embryonic states with no souls. 

Lilith then started Lillin based life bestowed with the Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge.

The Second Impact was caused by a SEELE funded team of scientists lead by Katsuragi's father. This was the Katsuragi Expedition to the South Pole. 

They found the sleeping Adam and his Lance and started experimenting. Here they started the Contact Experiment. A Human would attempt to make contact with a Seed of Life. 

The experiment doesn't really have any details on how or what they do but using Human (Lilin) DNA, and L.C.L., they fashion a body. The scientists use the Lance of Longinus to shrink Adam's body down to embryonic state while at the same time, ripping out his soul and implanting it into the fresh body recently created; thus Kaworu was born. 

This act of ripping out Adam's soul caused his Door of Guf to open, spread souls to his children, and destroy everything around him in a cataclysmic event known as the Second Impact.

Over the next 15 years majority of the Angels grow and mature. The Angels each have their own motives, but their overall plan is to enact Instrumentality to remove Lilin based life so the rightful Adam based life can live.

It seems Vaer understands or remembers better than I do. It's been 10 years or so since I researched this. And there's all sorts of theories.

The reason one of the seeds was on the Earth and the other one came later, as explained by the manga very late in it:

It is based on the

Theia/planetary impact moon formation hypothesis. This is explained in the Manga. One of the seeds was on Earth, the other on Theia, and when the two collided, the two seeds ended up on the same planet (Earth). However, I always thought that Lilith was on Earth originally and Adam on Theia, but if Vaer is right I guess Lilith was on Theia.

54 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

The reason one of the seeds was on the Earth and the other one came later, as explained by the manga very late in it:

Reveal hidden contents

It is based on the

Theia/planetary impact moon formation hypothesis. This is explained in the Manga. One of the seeds was on Earth, the other on Theia, and when the two collided, the two seeds ended up on the same planet (Earth). However, I always thought that Lilith was on Earth originally and Adam on Theia, but if Vaer is right I guess Lilith was on Theia.

Yes! This theory is canon!

Lilith was indeed on (to be more accurate, WAS) Theia.

Adam, at this point was already on the proto-planetoid that was to be Earth. Lilith's Egg was on its way to another solar system when Earth's growing gravitational field caught it and it smashed into the planet causing First Impact.

The reason the GeoFront is hollow is because the rocky, physical shell that was covering the Black Moon, coupled with debris from Earth, was thrown into space and coalesced into what is now Earth's moon.

3 minutes ago, Rabbit Head said:

Holy crap, Evangelion is complex as fuuuuuck.

FUN FACT: I once clicked on a random e621 link and the comments were literally nothing but people sperging about Evangelion...since that's what you do I guess.

FUN FACT: My gun in LOADOUT (anyone remember that game, no okay) was named "Evangelion is Super Deep".

2 hours ago, Rabbit Head said:

Yes. It. Is.

But the ride is worth it! If you have more questions just ask. I'll do my best to answer! 

2 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Anyone wanna read my essay on how Shinji jerking it on what's her face is symbolic or some dumb shit? 

tumblr_nwnxunqmOF1sotwrfo1_250.gif

Please! Do share.

6 hours ago, Rabbit Head said:

Not really, The only thing that's important is Shinji, Rei, Asuka and Misato everything else is moot.

Seeing that it's "their" story, "their" suffering not the angels'

not to mention all of them needed the love/affection from people, But that was fixed in Super Robot Wars Alpha

kiddo.png

A.T.png

rip.png

10 hours ago, Imperial Impact said:

Not really, The only thing that's important is Shinji, Rei, Asuka and Misato everything else is moot.

Seeing that it's "their" story, "their" suffering not the angels'

not to mention all of them needed the love/affection from people, But that was fixed in Super Robot Wars Alpha

I'd have to disagree.

It may be told from the viewpoints of these people but it surely isn't their story. It's a story about two seperate forms of humanity figthing for the right to survive; told from the perspectives of a few individuals from one side of the 'war'.

It's humanity's story as a whole. If everything else, aside from these characters, is moot then that's just focusing on the small picture.

What the characters WANTED was Love/Affection. What they NEEDED was to be understanding and to be understood. The motivation they had was gained through struggling with the concepts of what it IS to be human. The Angels are just as Human as the rest of the cast and are struggling with their own ideals and misconceptions. (Leliel, Arael, Armisael)

Thus the overarching theme of the series is: "What does it truly mean to be human?" This was brought up many times throughout the series. (Instrumentality, Souls, Rei and the Reis, EVA, Contact Experiment, Kaworu,  etc.)

It was quite complex and a lot of reading between lines is required but that is what makes it great.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Vaer said:

"What does it truly mean to be human?" 

Gainax themself, say numerous time that they have no idea what christianity is.

That's like half of EVA's plot.

Human communication is what it means to be human, Everyone may get hurt or not from interaction. But that's better than not finding out.

In other words, Anno wanted neets kids go outside and make a life for themselves. (he failed on this part.)

1 hour ago, Imperial Impact said:

Gainax themself, say numerous time that they have no idea what christianity is.

That's like half of EVA's plot.

Human communication is what it means to be human, Everyone may get hurt or not from interaction. But that's better than not finding out.

In other words, Anno wanted neets kids go outside and make a life for themselves. (he failed on this part.)

As much as it's part of the plot in no way is it really the main point of the story.

In reality, Christianity had nothing to do with it. The Christian overtones (plot-wise) were brought into play by SEELE.

SEELE:

An ancient religious order created during the medieval Dark Ages with the belief that Humanity is fated to one day evolve and join God as an equal in heaven. 

Over time their goal of Instrumentality started to seem farfetched and nothing but a dream concocted by madmen from the past. Using their combined wealth and vast resources, they have funded many research into artifacts part of their faith; the finding of the Dead Sea Scrolls was one of these projects.

The Dead Sea Scrolls were found and excavated and were told to be a prophetic text fortelling the time and appearance of the Angels.

But this was a lie. In fact, the Dead Sea Scrolls were, in reality, an Operation Manual left by the First Ancestral Race as a way of understanding the Seeds of Life and the Lance of Longinus as well as their functions and uses.

SEELE, fading away as an organization, saw this as providence. No longer was Instumentality just a pipe dream. They saw the Manual and decided to attribute their religion and doctrines onto it and use that as justification for their actions. They took the 'lesser' or non-crucial information from the Scrolls and released it to the public. In the Mid-20th century (around WWII), they finally regained their hold once more. Puppeteering GEHIRN, NERV (forming with GEHIRN's disbanding), and the UN tall o further their personal goals.

Although part of the plot, Christianity has little-to-nothing to do with the actual story.

"Human communication is what it means to be human, Everyone may get hurt or not from interaction. But that's better than not finding out.

In other words, Anno wanted neets kids go outside and make a life for themselves. (he failed on this part.)"

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Great message; not enough funding; and poor execution. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vaer said:

As much as it's part of the plot in no way is it really the main point of the story.

In reality, Christianity had nothing to do with it. The Christian overtones (plot-wise) were brought into play by SEELE.

SEELE:

Hide contents

An ancient religious order created during the medieval Dark Ages with the belief that Humanity is fated to one day evolve and join God as an equal in heaven. 

Over time their goal of Instrumentality started to seem farfetched and nothing but a dream concocted by madmen from the past. Using their combined wealth and vast resources, they have funded many research into artifacts part of their faith; the finding of the Dead Sea Scrolls was one of these projects.

The Dead Sea Scrolls were found and excavated and were told to be a prophetic text fortelling the time and appearance of the Angels.

But this was a lie. In fact, the Dead Sea Scrolls were, in reality, an Operation Manual left by the First Ancestral Race as a way of understanding the Seeds of Life and the Lance of Longinus as well as their functions and uses.

SEELE, fading away as an organization, saw this as providence. No longer was Instumentality just a pipe dream. They saw the Manual and decided to attribute their religion and doctrines onto it and use that as justification for their actions. They took the 'lesser' or non-crucial information from the Scrolls and released it to the public. In the Mid-20th century (around WWII), they finally regained their hold once more. Puppeteering GEHIRN, NERV (forming with GEHIRN's disbanding), and the UN tall o further their personal goals.

Although part of the plot, Christianity has little-to-nothing to do with the actual story.

"Human communication is what it means to be human, Everyone may get hurt or not from interaction. But that's better than not finding out.

In other words, Anno wanted neets kids go outside and make a life for themselves. (he failed on this part.)"

Great message; not enough funding; and poor execution. 

Here's something I never got was how DOES the christian/ religious symbolism come into play and how is it used? 

8 minutes ago, Vaer said:

Great message; not enough funding; and poor execution

What about End of Evangelion?

Wait, you guys are talking about Eva and you didn't even invite me?

2 hours ago, Vaer said:

I'd have to disagree.

It may be told from the viewpoints of these people but it surely isn't their story. 

It's humanity's story as a whole. If everything else, aside from these characters, is moot then that's just focusing on the small picture.

I'd argue that while the show covered a lot of ground, it really was more about Shinji and a few other characters rather than the whole. This is emphasized by the ending of the show, where each of the characters own insecurities, and especially Shinji's, are delved into and the show ends with Shinji having discovered that the truth and how he sees the world is what he makes it, and that he can be happy with and believe in himself. There's so much individual character focus that the show disregarded its own overarching plot to focus even more on the characters, which is why it had the ending that it did (well that and a loss of money). I believe Anno had something to say about human beings as a whole, but he wanted to do this through Shinji and his select few other characters, throwing away the war between Angels and humanity to pursue this.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rabbit Head said:

Here's something I never got was how DOES the christian/ religious symbolism come into play and how is it used?

Assistant Director Kazuya Tsurumaki said it best:

"There are a lot of giant robot shows in Japan, and we did want our story to have a religious theme to help distinguish us. Because Christianity is an uncommon religion in Japan we thought it would be mysterious. None of the staff who worked on Eva are Christians. There is no actual Christian meaning to the show, we just thought the visual symbols of Christianity look cool. If we had known the show would get distributed in the US and Europe we might have rethought that choice"

8 minutes ago, Rabbit Head said:

What about End of Evangelion?

I request a more specific inquiry. 

3 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Our apologies! Come and join in!

1 minute ago, Vaer said:

Assistant Director Kazuya Tsurumaki said it best:

"There are a lot of giant robot shows in Japan, and we did want our story to have a religious theme to help distinguish us. Because Christianity is an uncommon religion in Japan we thought it would be mysterious. None of the staff who worked on Eva are Christians. There is no actual Christian meaning to the show, we just thought the visual symbols of Christianity look cool. If we had known the show would get distributed in the US and Europe we might have rethought that choice"

Not sure how much I trust this... But OK.

3 minutes ago, Vaer said:

I request a more specific inquiry. 

How well would you say that message is executed in EoE?

2 hours ago, Rabbit Head said:

Not sure how much I trust this... But OK.

How well would you say that message is executed in EoE?

"Not sure how much I trust this... But OK."

Possibly, as Tier-2 (possibly Tier-3) Canon material (being words from someone who works with the production staff) I believe this is quite trustworthy. He attended Otakon in 2001 where he was asked directly the relevance of Christianity in Evangelion and that was his answer.

"How well would you say that message is executed in EoE?"

Well, I believe he got the message across in a so-so manner. The basics of what he wants people to understand are there but I think Anno leaves it a little open for interpretation so people can walk away with their own personal ideas and feelings towards this ending. 

Especially when, at the end, Shinji and Asuka (Being two of the characters who have a strong sense of individuality) are the only two left 'alive' and we're left to wonder if everyone else will return. Which they can, as long as they're willing to be seperate beings and individuals again.

Afterall, End of Evangelion is supposed to be much closer to the original concept ending.

Personally, I like to entertain the headcanon that EoTV and EoE are two seperate endings depending on whether Shinji accepted or denied Instumentality, respectively. 

2 hours ago, Battlechili said:

I'd argue that while the show covered a lot of ground, it really was more about Shinji and a few other characters rather than the whole. This is emphasized by the ending of the show, where each of the characters own insecurities, and especially Shinji's, are delved into and the show ends with Shinji having discovered that the truth and how he sees the world is what he makes it, and that he can be happy with and believe in himself. There's so much individual character focus that the show disregarded its own overarching plot to focus even more on the characters, which is why it had the ending that it did (well that and a loss of money). I believe Anno had something to say about human beings as a whole, but he wanted to do this through Shinji and his select few other characters, throwing away the war between Angels and humanity to pursue this.

Point taken. Though it does takes a lot of attention, watching, reading, and research I do believe Anno did get the message about humanity across; albeit through archetypical characters.

I will still bring up the point that the story is, still in fact, a much bigger picture and more than just these characters. I will indeed admit the main characters and their struggles are emphasized MUCH more than secondary or tertiary players in the story, but in the end, although focusing on Shinji and the cast, it comes down to Humanity struggling to be human.

I only say this because of conversations in EoE's ending.

Rei, Kaworu, and Yui have a talk with Shinji and after Shinji states he's ok with being hurt and being human Yui continues to reassure Shinji that Humanity (as a whole) will be ok saying, "It will be alright. All lifeforms have the power to restore themselves and the wish to live. If you decide to live, anywhere can be heaven, because you're alive. There will be chances to be happy everywhere. As long as the Sun, Moon and Earth exist...it will be alright."

While your point and argument are indeed true, that the emphasis of the show was on the characters and their affairs, I bring the discussion back to the idea that, in the end, Humanity was the story's true emphasis as the theme of the ending. Evidenced by:

The Seeds (Kaworu and Rei) and Yui first reassuring Shinji of his choices, and then going to talk about the rest of Humanity and their state of existance. 

Humanity was facing Instumentality and Singularity as a species, and can be considered as one being with the will in control being Shinji himself. It can be argued that Shinji wasn't 'Shinji' in this form (until he asserted his individuality while conversing with Rei) and that this 'Shinji', being the catalyst for Instrumentality, was acting as the unified mind and will of Humanity as a whole. Hence why he was the main focus of all the mind fuckery.

At the end Asuka and Shinji are left since they are the two with the strongest sense of self at this point. Now that their struggles are over, for the most part, the rest of Humanity has to accept being individuals and go back to living solitary lives as seperate entities all of their own accord by figuring what makes themselves Human.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vaer said:

"How well would you say that message is executed in EoE?"

Well, I believe he got the message across in a so-so manner. The basics of what he wants people to understand are there but I think Anno leaves it a little open for interpretation so people can walk away with their own personal ideas and feelings towards this ending. 

Yeah, something that people don't get about eva as a whole and especially EoE is that it's an art house film, and those tend to be extremely interpret-able. 

I'm going to make the Evangelion thread, now.

4 hours ago, Imperial Impact said:

That's because it is.

Not really. That is still an unproven theory.

It's still argued that both endings are Shinji rejecting Instumentality. The differences being is that EoTV shows the mental aspects of what the characters are going through and EoE shows the actual physical events happening during Intrumentality.

The evidence to support rejection is that in the EoTV Ending we see Shinji struggling with his individual sense of self. As he starts slipping away he loses color, outlines, etc, and becomes a sketch of his former self. After, many others start convincing him otherwise. He admits to himself he can be himself and he can be happy; if he chooses to be.

The scene where everyone is clapping for him and congratulating him wasn't a sign of Complementation, it was a sign of the whole of humanity, depicted by Shinji's closest bonds, congratulating Shinji for accepting individuality and showing a strong will.

The argument is that BECAUSE Shinji asserted himself as an individual being he HAD to have rejected Instumentality since the very essence of Instumentality was the LOSS of individuality.

• Like 1

I'm still seeing discussion of Evangelion here. You know, you guys could move it over to the other thread. Just multiquote what you're quoting, go over there, and then post the quote.

Just saw the first two episodes (those are the only two that are out so far) of an anime called Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. The best way to explain it so far is Attack on Titan has an orgy with Snowpiercer, Samurai 7, Steampunk, and zombies. So, it's the future, and zombies roam the land. People live in giant walled cities (AoT) that are waypoints for giant armored trains (Snowpiercer), steampunk technology exists, yet there's samurai all over the damn place and everyone dresses in kimonos and other "kenshin" style attire (Samurai 7). The artwork and action are just damn amazing... 

Also, I say it's like AoT because it's being made by the same people who did AoT and LOOKS like AoT, with the same art style. I thought it was Production IG, turns out it's Wit Studio which is a subsidiary of IG. My weaboo boner is huge and I expect great things.

I don't watch much but whenever I do it's gotta be romance.

However almost every single one I've seen has done nothing but infuriate me because the MC is either:

- Sperging out at women at a distance or even when close to them

- Flips his shit regardless of how much exposure he's had

- Has no backbone or balls and simply "helps" everyone he can

- Has no personality

Finding one where the MC is a normal person is next to impossible. Absolutely loved My Little Monster though.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 6tails said:

You need to understand Japan in order to understand why this is an impossible thing to find.

This stuff is written to (mostly) simultaneously reflect upon and cater to perceived sections of society.

It hasn't changed in the 20-ish years I've been reading manga and watching anime.

Japanese 'romance' is garbage. You're better off reading some trash novel from the used book store.

Huh. Well that's shit to hear but thanks for the heads up

23 hours ago, Photoshop Amateur said:

I don't watch much but whenever I do it's gotta be romance.

However almost every single one I've seen has done nothing but infuriate me because the MC is either:

- Sperging out at women at a distance or even when close to them

- Flips his shit regardless of how much exposure he's had

- Has no backbone or balls and simply "helps" everyone he can

- Has no personality

Finding one where the MC is a normal person is next to impossible. Absolutely loved My Little Monster though.

That's like 90% of anime right there. Harem romcoms. Either based off of dating sims, or catering to the kind of people who play dating sims in lieu of real relationships (or both).

That being said, there are some good romances. Off the top of my head I found Kare Kano to be pretty nice (that's from the 90s, by Gainax). There are others.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

That's like 90% of anime right there. Harem romcoms. Either based off of dating sims, or catering to the kind of people who play dating sims in lieu of real relationships (or both).

That being said, there are some good romances. Off the top of my head I found Kare Kano to be pretty nice (that's from the 90s, by Gainax). There are others.

yea romance is kind of oversaturated and really crappy for anime. I don't really look for that genre. mainly cause of all the visual novel adaptions.

The closest thing to a romance anime that I liked was Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions. really silly adorable thing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2016 at 7:41 PM, AshleyAshes said:

I impulse bought these today. :o  Hideyoshi, squeeeee, he's soooooo cute!

QU65tNi.jpgFIGURE_BakaToTestToShokanju_Hideyoshi_11

That better not be that Boko No Pico shit. I don't know what's worse, that it exists, or people actually like watching pubescent boys being fucked.

Currently I'm watching Future Diary/Mirai Nikki. I'm actually on Episode 16 or 17. This show just keeps getting crazier and crazier.

Not exactly sure if Yuno actually loves Yuki or is obsessed with her perfect "head canon" idea of their relationship. This is because she barely listens to his requests or what he actually wants, and assumes she knows what's best for him. To the point she locks him away at one point. This obviously harms him and he doesn't like it, but she keeps up this fantasy in her head that they're together and that's all that matters, no matter whether he approves of her actions or if they're harming him. This isn't someone who truly loves someone, because such a person would be attentive to their lover's needs and want to make them happy, but someone who's obsessed with being with someone.

Netflix is really trying with their cg anime. Knights of Sidonia wasn't half bad, but this new Aijin series has me wanting more content and what they've given me in the first 13 episodes isn't really that. I know there's some epic moments, but it's not been that appealing.

I've yet to order any figures off of wish, seeing as they're $30 a pop, but I'm looking at getting more figs via ebay at some point.

Finished Mirai Nikki/Future Diary in one go.

For all intents and purposes it was an entertaining anime. It had enough cliffhangers and crazy shit happening each episode that I actually wanted to keep watching it, which is kinda rare for an anime nowadays.

That being said, the main character is a whiny bitch, and stays a whiny bitch for the entire series. By the end he's emo as hell. There's little character development for him. In fact, if we say that the protagonist is the one who develops and grows by the end, then the one who fits that description is Minene/#9, because she starts to become a better person as the series goes along. I actually liked her character the most.

The ending was a bit chaotic. Yuki acted like an idiot through most of it, getting people killed left and right. The very end felt very deus-ex-ish (heh). Yuno didn't seem like she really loved Yuki, since she spent most of the time doing things that kept him with her whether or not those things were the best for him, or what he wished, including trying to kill his friends out of jealousy and fear, or not even listening to him and doing the opposite, or locking him away from society. She was obsessive and psycho. She didn't love him, but the image of them together. She loved the mental image of him. And I'm not even sure what Yuki saw in her.

But, enjoyable for the most part.