The Animu Thread

Calemeyr

1 hour ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

Here's a guest pass for crunchyroll JAXKCSBTMJJ

Someone can use it since it expires at the end of the months.

I grabbed it. Thank you!

I'll use this to watch Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku and catch up on Monogatari Series: Second Season.

I just tried Occultic;Nine....That was awful. The first episode was horribly paced. Characters talk faster and say more stuff than even Monogatari, but plot points and ideas are brought up every few seconds and the show never slows down. Along with that, the art is inconsistently drawn and has an ugly blur filter over it that makes it to where it looks like you're watching a 480p show stretched out to a 1080p screen. Like, beyond the blur filter, the art is sometimes missing outlines, but only sometimes. It looks messy.

Here's an example:

occultic nine.png

And the writing, well...

occultic nine 2.png

On a lighter note, Magical Girl Raising Project is decent. Its no Madoka Magica like I thought it'd be but its watchable.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Battlechili said:

I just tried Occultic;Nine....That was awful. The first episode was horribly paced. Characters talk faster and say more stuff than even Monogatari, but plot points and ideas are brought up every few seconds and the show never slows down. Along with that, the art is inconsistently drawn and has an ugly blur filter over it that makes it to where it looks like you're watching a 480p show stretched out to a 1080p screen. Like, beyond the blur filter, the art is sometimes missing outlines, but only sometimes. It looks messy.

And the writing, well...

Yea I treid watching the first episode of occultic nine as well and it was pretty confusing. that being said it wasn't the worst thing this season I have seen, that goes to Bloodivores. I didn't even watch the first episode fully before moving on to something else.

This guy's really knowledgeable when it comes to how a animated scene is directed and picking out subtle cues within it. Adored Erased before, but after seeing his analysis, I like it all the more!

Minor spoilers if you've not seen/plan on watching the show.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2016 at 7:22 AM, applehead said:

Hm? Nobody has brought up 91 Days yet? One of the best anime ever made, no kidding! A super slick Prohibition era mafia crime drama. And it got a killer opener.

I'm also watching Izetta, The Last Witch. Welp... The war stuff is pretty gripping, the fanservice crap can fuck off.

It was a really good anime last season and I enjoyed it. It was a cool setting that isn't done much in anime.

Also here's a crunchryoll guestpass for whoever gets it first: FRSAX96M97F

• Like 1

Furries are suddenly giving Show By Rock attention and I don't really get why it took this long.

The band Gaugastrikes just made an appearance and everyone's fauning over them, but the show deserved this attention a whole season ago. Its a Sanrio work. The makers of Hello Kitty. Furry weebs should've known where this show was going to go from the start.

EDIT:

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_ogr8r9iuVB1roj09i.mp4#_=_

FUNIMATION IS DUBBING THE SINGING

WHY

On 11/15/2016 at 0:16 AM, Battlechili said:

Furries are suddenly giving Show By Rock attention and I don't really get why it took this long.

The band Gaugastrikes just made an appearance and everyone's fauning over them, but the show deserved this attention a whole season ago. Its a Sanrio work. The makers of Hello Kitty. Furry weebs should've known where this show was going to go from the start.

EDIT:

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_ogr8r9iuVB1roj09i.mp4#_=_

FUNIMATION IS DUBBING THE SINGING

WHY

I hate nekos, their existence, and all they stand for. They're not cat people, they're humans with animal ears and tails. The only neko i find remotely acceptable is Felicia from darkstalkers.

Yuri!!! on Ice is fantastic.

I never thought I'd be saying this, but a sports anime about men figureskating with yaoi undertones is my favorite show this season and its really fantastic. Seriously, the animation is extremely smooth and this show in general has a lot of motion. It mimics movement fairly realistically too. Probably some of the best animation you can see in anime. Beyond that, I really like the writing and characters. Its easy to relate to and care for Yuri in the hope that he becomes an expert figure skater. His family also acts like how a real family would. Everything just works so well.

Also the artwork feels strangely classic in some ways. It reminds me of what it was like to watch Fullmetal Alchemist way back when.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Yuri =/= yaoi.... they're both gay but in different ways.

The main character's name is Yuri but the show is about men ice skating and they occasionally get into lewd situations with each other. No yuri involved (besides the character Yuri, that is)

2 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

The main character's name is Yuri but the show is about men ice skating and they occasionally get into lewd situations with each other. No yuri involved (besides the character Yuri, that is)

I know yuri is a common Japanese name, but is his name supposed to be a joke? Because the anime has some implied yaoi (gay men) but the main character is named Yuri, which is what they call lesbians?

On 11/3/2016 at 11:26 PM, LadyRadarEars said:

Watching artists stream my commissions while animu is on has lead me to watching JoJo and Berserk.

help me i have all the theme songs and roundabout stuck in my head

omg those are like my two favorite animes, they also have my favorite sound tracks tied with One Punch Man and more recently Neon Genesis Evangelion :0

• Like 2

Just now, Imperial Impact said:

Your surprised because????

Lots of sequels to anime that have several years on their belt.

And Code Geass's ending is essentially being retconned and/or they're going "lol no,

Lelouch lived all along

"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watching Gundam Unicorn (TV version).

I really love the character designs in this show. Everything looks so classic and 80s.

gundam unicorn1.pnggundam unicorn2.png

On 1/11/2017 at 8:57 AM, Tsuujou said:

Woah, that's....Wow. I hope his wife gets justice.