Calemeyr

The Animu Thread

On 3/20/2018 at 12:59 PM, Battlechili said:

AOTY is here

Animation looks rather different. Wonder if it's a different studio. Sounds like the same voice actress though.

1 hour ago, Crazy Lee said:

Animation looks rather different. Wonder if it's a different studio. Sounds like the same voice actress though.

The first season of FLCL was a Production IG and Gainax collaborative project, while these two seasons are only Production IG (they bought the rights from Gainax a couple years ago).

Hi

But what if

I like Big O season 2 more than the first season

On 3/20/2018 at 6:23 PM, AshleyAshes said:

The title of my light novel series will be "Is it wrong to spend $1245 CAD on anime BluRays since September???"

IMG_20180320_182026.thumb.jpg.ce2add1cabb0b46530e85c259928165f.jpg

From what I see, I what turn those in for better stuff.

On 3/21/2018 at 10:28 PM, Battlechili said:

But what if

Hide contents

I like Big O season 2 more than the first season

No one likes season 2.

Just finished binge watching Inuyashiki, guy certainly matured from his Gantz days. It's still got that sci fi weirdness and brutality, but better emotional investments in characters. Nice twist on the usual tropes too. I like Man with a Mission's OP song, but still my favorite is Database from Log Horizon.

I have officially won at anime.  Friday I got a Cardcaptor Sakura cel, from the final episode, and then Saturday I got the portion over Tomoyo's head signed by Junko Iwao. :D

IMG_20180525_215453.thumb.jpg.c1117b28561e46cab37b1a2f1aaa6769.jpgIMG_20180526_163237.thumb.jpg.dd84abd8b0cd4ea57a01e0c002f0ef5c.jpg

43 minutes ago, Imperial Impact said:

What the fuck, When? How? WHERE?

Anime North in Toronto this past weekend.  ...And a LOT of standing in line very early to ensure I was 9th in line and would not be turned away before the autograph session ended.

The translator was asking if it was 'Official Merchandise' and there was some back and forth as I tried to explain what an animation cel was. At one point she was like 'So you drew this'?  Eventually she understood.  Iwao-san of course TOTALLY knew what a cel was.