The Animu Thread

Calemeyr

23 hours ago, Ieono said:

I'm a bit hesitant to watch the newer JoJo anime. I have been so in love with the manga for a long time, and I don't want to get this weird mix in my mind of awesome manga and mediocre animation. That's what happened to me with Gantz, Air Gear, and a few others. 

The newer JoJo anime is just fantastic. The animation, the sound, the colours... It's all great. David Production really made an effort with it.

• Like 1

Jojo's animation in the anime early on isn't all that good to be honest. Its a great show, but from a technical perspective, the animation is very lacking and only really saved for the action scenes, as if the show started with a low budget. I haven't seen any of the newer stuff to see if it improved in that regard, but even so, its a great show. 

11 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Jojo's animation in the anime early on isn't all that good to be honest. Its a great show, but from a technical perspective, the animation is very lacking and only really saved for the action scenes, as if the show started with a low budget. I haven't seen any of the newer stuff to see if it improved in that regard, but even so, its a great show. 

Yeah, the animation in the first season and early Stardust Crusaders is great when it matters, but admittedly kinda average elsewhere. But the second season of SC looks amazing, and Diamond is Unbreakable looks to be similar from the PV.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 6tails said:

There are two Stardust Crusaders. The newer more modern one, and the older one from 93/94.

Oh yes, I am well aware. I love the MANime Stardust Crusaders, haha. I love almost anything from the age of hand-drawn anime. 

13 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Admittedly I hate Golden Boy's dub. Like, the writing is fine but the voices get on my nerves. I watch it dubbed anyways just because everyone says its great though.

I have the same opinion as others, I guess.

The swimming scene was definitely good though.

It seems that the 100th anime series I completed was Shomin Sample, a harmless ecchi-comedy that is saved from being too generic by having a thigh fetishist MC and homo-erotic musclemen.

So, my 100th was nothing special, really - about a 7/10.

Edited by Nekokami

2 hours ago, Imperial Impact said:

Gundam for casuals

Just wild beat, communication~~~

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 3:18 PM, Luca said:

Oh Boy! I can't wait for this one...

If a random animation demo about swimming teenaged boys could become Free, SURELY the internet can somehow make McDonalds The Animation into a real series.  I WANT TO WATCH THIS SERIES!  It could be a McDonalds located near a funny location like Comket or something!  WE CAN MAKE THIS WORK, PEOPLE!

Just now, 6tails said:

Trademark, not copyright. And in this case, the trademark would be used in a cartoon, not a musical production, so reality, they'd be fine if they used actual band names and songs for the villains and such.

But Japan is all about that 'intellectual property' bullshit.

actually part of the reason it's taken so long for jojo's stuff to be official subbed in english is cause of a Prince lawsuit with part 5 where a stand is named "Golden Experience"

On 4/1/2016 at 2:12 PM, AlastairSnowpaw said:

I don't know since that was back in the early 2000's and it was more so a buisness disagreement and didn't become a lawsuit now that i'm looking that stuff up. Either way slightly changing the names is the way they're going about official subs of jojo's

WHAT THE FUCK IT'S OUT OH SHIT BRB!

On 3/24/2016 at 3:19 PM, Battlechili said:

FLCL SEASON 2 AND 3

GET HYPE

as somebody who is a big fan of FLCL, I am cautiously optimistic.

The first season worked perfectly as it's own stand-alone entity, everything ties together wonderfully at the end so how will they expand upon it while keeping what made made the first season so special?

(Not the first time this question has been asked about other projects. EW.) 

Also, I'm sure the McDonalds anime is cute, but my McDonalds hate-boner will not allow me to watch past the first few seconds...

Edited by Rabbit Head

I watched a few things today The first being JOJO part 4, episode one. That was as good as it could be, I love the use of color so far. The second thing being being Phoenix Wright. That started pretty strong.

Last, was the sub for The Boy and the Beast, maybe it's because I'm drunk and already moody, but this movie hit me hard with the feels tonight. I've been a fan of Mamoru Hosoda since Summer Wars, one of my favorite films ever. It left me kind of a blubbering mess, but take it from me, it was good! 

<_<

• Like 1

I seem to be going through another Evangelion phase. This is the third time I think where I obsess over this show. 

I could spend hours and HAVE spent hours pouring over analysis and explanations of this show's inner workings. I dig it. I remember watching Bennet the Sage's review of End of Eva and being convinced that the show was tripe. Now I'm mad at the guy for misleading me so fucking hard and nearly causing me to lose out on one of my fave anime's.  

I should get the Der Mond art book by the main concept artist for the show (he also did the art of the manga). The art in this book looks absolutely sublime. 

Der-Mond-The-Art-of-Neon-Genesis-Evangel

kisuki.net_artbooks_neon-genesis-evangel

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.8d6d6cc50763e03b

Delicious.

I want.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2016 at 4:37 AM, Rabbit Head said:

I seem to be going through another Evangelion phase. This is the third time I think where I obsess over this show. 

I could spend hours and HAVE spent hours pouring over analysis and explanations of this show's inner workings. I dig it. I remember watching Bennet the Sage's review of End of Eva and being convinced that the show was tripe. Now I'm mad at the guy for misleading me so fucking hard and nearly causing me to lose out on one of my fave anime's.  

I should get the Der Mond art book by the main concept artist for the show (he also did the art of the manga). The art in this book looks absolutely sublime. 

Were you the one saying you were reading the manga, or was that someone else? If so, I can give some pointers on what's really going on in the series. (the manga/anime, not the movies. Fuck I know what's going on in the movies.)

Finally found a streaming site so I could start watching One Punch Man. The mosquito girl was pretty sexy. Until she got swatted.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Were you the one saying you were reading the manga, or was that someone else? If so, I can give some pointers on what's really going on in the series. (the manga/anime, not the movies. Fuck I know what's going on in the movies.)

Finally found a streaming site so I could start watching One Punch Man. The mosquito girl was pretty sexy. Until she got swatted.

Yep, that was me.

(Spoilers for anyone who has not seen NGE) 

What I wanna know is, why do the angels go after Lilith first, and then change course for Adam? 

What do they get out of reaching either one? 

I'll probably ask more as they come to mind. I might just PM you lol.

On 4/16/2016 at 6:18 PM, Rabbit Head said:

Yep, that was me.

(Spoilers for anyone who has not seen NGE) 

What I wanna know is, why do the angels go after Lilith first, and then change course for Adam? 

What do they get out of reaching either one? 

I'll probably ask more as they come to mind. I might just PM you lol.

I didn't expect such serious questions. I don't know how far you are in manga or anime so I'm not sure how much I'd spoil.

33 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

I didn't expect such serious questions. I don't know how far you are in manga or anime so I'm not sure how much I'd spoil.

Yeah, I came out swinging, didn't I? xD I know what the EVA'S is, I ain't no jabroooooony. 

I finished the anime all the way through (episodes 25-26 including, I think it's a good ending in a THEMATIC sense.) and I saw End of Evangelion. 

I just met Asuka in the manga version.

12 minutes ago, Rabbit Head said:

Yeah, I came out swinging, didn't I? xD I know what the EVA'S is, I ain't no jabroooooony. 

I finished the anime all the way through (episodes 25-26 including, I think it's a good ending in a THEMATIC sense.) and I saw End of Evangelion. 

I just met Asuka in the manga version.

The Manga goes more in depth on explaining what's going on. It's been so long since I've researched this stuff, so I may be rusty.

The angels were being created, or rather resurrected, by SEELE. The whole goal was to initialize third impact (Instrumentality). Basically, SEELE's goal, third impact, was the next "evolution" of man, in a fashion. Mankind would strip away their flesh and the barriers between us, and our souls would join in a form of collective consciousness, a type of utopia, inside a giant Rei, who's kinda like Lilith, but Rei. The Angels joining with either Lilith or Adam was supposed to start that. I THINK Adam was the one who created the Angels, a billion years ago, to fight Lilith. Episodes 25 and 26 were supposed to be third impact from Shinji's point of view (and briefly other characters), him rejecting other people and then finally accepting himself and others (the part where everyone claps around him). (In all actuality the reason the last two episodes are the way they are is because Gainax ran out of money). In the movie, he rejects Instrumentality and it fails.

Here's something explained later in the Manga, so don't read it if you don't want to know. Lilith and Adam are life seeds for planets, sent by an advanced race. They're designed to create life on a planet, eventually striving towards intelligent life. There's only supposed to be one per planet, but Earth accidentally had two, and Adam and Lilith fought each other. Hence, the angels were created by Adam to fight Lilith. Lilith eventually stabs Adam with the Lance of Longinus, and he goes into hibernation at the South Pole. Lilith then creates life on Earth. The giant sphere under the geofront where Lilith is located was her "spacecraft", and there's a matching one for Adam at the South Pole.

33 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

The Manga goes more in depth on explaining what's going on. It's been so long since I've researched this stuff, so I may be rusty.

Reveal hidden contents

The angels were being created, or rather resurrected, by SEELE. The whole goal was to initialize third impact (Instrumentality). Basically, SEELE's goal, third impact, was the next "evolution" of man, in a fashion. Mankind would strip away their flesh and the barriers between us, and our souls would join in a form of collective consciousness, a type of utopia, inside a giant Rei, who's kinda like Lilith, but Rei. The Angels joining with either Lilith or Adam was supposed to start that. I THINK Adam was the one who created the Angels, a billion years ago, to fight Lilith. Episodes 25 and 26 were supposed to be third impact from Shinji's point of view (and briefly other characters), him rejecting other people and then finally accepting himself and others (the part where everyone claps around him). (In all actuality the reason the last two episodes are the way they are is because Gainax ran out of money). In the movie, he rejects Instrumentality and it fails.

Here's something explained later in the Manga, so don't read it if you don't want to know. Lilith and Adam are life seeds for planets, sent by an advanced race. They're designed to create life on a planet, eventually striving towards intelligent life. There's only supposed to be one per planet, but Earth accidentally had two, and Adam and Lilith fought each other. Hence, the angels were created by Adam to fight Lilith. Lilith eventually stabs Adam with the Lance of Longinus, and he goes into hibernation at the South Pole. Lilith then creates life on Earth. The giant sphere under the geofront where Lilith is located was her "spacecraft", and there's a matching one for Adam at the South Pole.

I love the NGE discussion.

"I THINK Adam was the one who created the Angels, a billion years ago, to fight Lilith."

Adam did create the Angels when he fell to earth. But all he did was spread the seeds for them all across the planet. It wasn't until the Second Impact that Adam's Door of Guf opened and gave his children souls.

41 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Hide contents

I would love to continue this, but how do I make the hide contents box?

That first paragraph does explain it tho!

I already knew everything in the second paragraph lol.