Rant: I'm a Childish Mess

Sidewalk Surfboard

3 minutes ago, Bloodshot_Eyes said:

This thread is terrific/terrifying. 

These things have always made me fight off imagining a scenario where they stray from their predetermined programming and like... grab you or stare at you or some fucked up shit. Like. they're aware... just waiting for the perfect moment to strike. 

But what if I want them to grab me? I want Rolfe to hug me and snuggle with me

6 minutes ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

Fucking hell, I just listened to and watched a Rock-afire song and it was...interesting. Far less creepier with context.

It helped the song was funky as shit too

That one is pretty good. I like this cover that they did.

Edited by Sidewalk Surfboard

14 minutes ago, shadowsinhiding said:

here i am clicking onto a thread that says "I'm a childish mess" 

I didn't realise that i actually clicked on "your inner most fears and nightmare fuel" thread 

What the hell is wrong with you guys for actually going along with this catastrophe of a thread

Wow, rude

tumblr_inline_nb5e36N4VD1smp7ss.gif

Right so last night my drunken self decided to dig into the whatever the fuck Rock-afire Explosion was in an effort to understand OP's obsession.

I listened to some songs and watched the acts, even spent over an hour on a documentary about them at 5am.

They have a cool history I have to say, cool and sad. High flying business, and then bankrupcy, copyright extortion and the animatronic skeletons refitted for Chuck E Cheese.

A firm of 300+ people went down under and is just kept floating by a single dude these days. Tragic, but kinda unsurprising. There are some people who have such an emotional bond to these creeps it's fucking heartwarming.

I don't share the obsession, no, but I did start liking these fuckers.

If I may backtrack to the OT with a little ctrl-C/ctrl-V:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”
― C.S. Lewis

That said, I did have a good chuckle at the pics.

• Like 2

I will say, though: wanting to be weird in public to "scare the normies" is childish. And the furry fandom does strike me as a group of people who don't want to grow up, though many fandoms are like that, I suppose. Just because you like "kiddy" things doesn't mKe you immature (though treating it as high art maybe, re: bronies). Constantly seeking escapism from the world is immature and childish, even if it comes from "adultish" things like fantasy football or alcoholism.

Conversely, having a fun hobby, say, making hensonesque puppets can be seen as mature. It's really how you behave, not what it is.

Dressing up like a baby, though...yeah, that's weird.

On 1/9/2016 at 11:56 PM, Joel said:

There is nothing wrong with having an inner child most people lose touch with theirs as they grow up so don't be ashamed or saddened by the fact you still have yours 

Beside your like 15 aren't you that's still a kid in my book XP

There comes a point in everyfur's life when they have to put chilidsh things aside. It's alright to enjoy a cartoon now and again as an aside, but not to the extent that it becomes a full-blown hobby, or heaven forbid, a lifestyle.

On 1/10/2016 at 5:04 AM, shadowsinhiding said:

here i am clicking onto a thread that says "I'm a childish mess" 

I didn't realise that i actually clicked on "your inner most fears and nightmare fuel" thread 

What the hell is wrong with you guys for actually going along with this catastrophe of a thread

Hold me. Hold me in your arms, and never let me go. I need your comfort, now.

Edited by jcstinks
I wanted to add more words to my post