55 members have voted

1. 1. Have You Ever Been In Love?

• Once.
    • More than once.
    • Never.
    • I thought it was love but it wasn't.
    • There is no such thing as love.

23 minutes ago, shiy0 said:

well... i went to far with that by all means and i noticed that much to late... and thus it drained us both so much emotionally.

i did wrong badly and no right intentions could excuse that...

*sigh*

i just hope she is fine.

It'll be okay, shiyo. Im sure she's as she was before. Dont be hard on yourself. It's best you relax and move on. Your past mistakes shouldnt define you

6 minutes ago, Machine said:

I've wasted a lot of love for people who never deserved it in the first place.

I now have feelings for a close friend of eight years or so, but I'm too nervous to ask if we're a thing or not, and I'm too scared to even find out because I never get to see him now that I've moved away.

I hate this feeling.

Give me their contact info so I can ask for you "YO DID YOU THINK MACHINE WAS HOT WOULD YOU BANG HER"

Just now, WolfNightV4X1 said:

It'll be okay, shiyo. Im sure she's as she was before. Dont be hard on yourself. It's best you relax and move on. Your past mistakes shouldnt define you

if it would be that easy... wait did i just say that? i mean i got a quote about moving on on my fa... i always said and did so.

this is strange. even for me.

20 minutes ago, Machine said:

I've wasted a lot of love for people who never deserved it in the first place.

I now have feelings for a close friend of eight years or so, but I'm too nervous to ask if we're a thing or not, and I'm too scared to even find out because I never get to see him now that I've moved away.

I hate this feeling.

Ask him.

Where there's love, there's a way to make it work

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Never once.

In fact I'm in serious doubt whether or not I'm capable of loving. More than ever.

Funnily enough I've been thinking about this a lot recently. Without getting into intimate detail, I've been in your exact shoes before. Not like in a kind of edgy bullshit "14-year-old on /b/ claiming their an officially diagnosed sociopath" kinda way, but more of a general, sad kind of apathy (hurr hurr).

What I eventually learned was regardless of whether or not you're ready for it, life will eventually prove you wrong without any semblance of a doubt. It's never pleasant, you almost never see it coming, and when it does happen it will hit you like a fucking freight train from hell. But it will happen whether you want it or not.

I don't really know. I thought at the time I was, but in hindsight I don't really think it was love. Maybe love for a friend, but that's the extent of it. I think it was one of those things where I really wanted to love someone so I convinced myself it was like that. I enjoyed the relationship - having someone to be close to, spoiling them with gifts, having all the typical nice things associated with it - but eventually reality hit me and I knew I had no intimate feelings for this person and I had to back away, even thought it sucked to hurt them like that and we couldn't manage friendship after.

Now I'm fairly certain that some other attempts at relationships and being abandoned by friends/family have fucked me up so bad that I can't be fixed enough to convince someone I might actually be able to have a good relationship with to give me a chance. I always form crushes on close friends, but after the last time of admitting those feelings I refuse to EVER admit those feelings ever again and instead I just smother them and secretly hope they will develop feels and say something. I've been lucky with this latest one so far, I barely get to talk to him so the feels don't have much chance to develop and are fading away naturally. ^^

2 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Funnily enough I've been thinking about this a lot recently. Without getting into intimate detail, I've been in your exact shoes before. Not like in a kind of edgy bullshit "14-year-old on /b/ claiming their an officially diagnosed sociopath" kinda way, but more of a general, sad kind of apathy (hurr hurr).

What I eventually learned was regardless of whether or not you're ready for it, life will eventually prove you wrong without any semblance of a doubt. It's never pleasant, you almost never see it coming, and when it does happen it will hit you like a fucking freight train from hell. But it will happen whether you want it or not.

Yeah I'm not going emo LOL. It's a much deeper reflection about myself. I was bullied a lot. Not intensely in its strict sense, but it was very widespread and constant. And I tend to hope it is the reason why I'm almost completely apathetic, like a sort of defense mechanism. I don't even dream about all of this, love, sex, whatever. There's all sorts of weird shit in my dreams but nothing even remotely related to anything intimate.

I guess you're talking about crushes? It must suck when the other person doesn't feel the same attraction to you... :/

24 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Yeah I'm not going emo LOL. It's a much deeper reflection about myself. I was bullied a lot. Not intensely in its strict sense, but it was very widespread and constant. And I tend to hope it is the reason why I'm almost completely apathetic, like a sort of defense mechanism. I don't even dream about all of this, love, sex, whatever. There's all sorts of weird shit in my dreams but nothing even remotely related to anything intimate.

I guess you're talking about crushes? It must suck when the other person doesn't feel the same attraction to you... :/

Not really crushes, just in general. Friends, family everything. The feeling that you possess a physical inability to express any kind of genuine affection towards anybody. Like everything is all out of a sense of obligation and that you're just saying to yourself that you love and care about certain people because it's what you're supposed to do, not because it's how you truly feel.

There were events and relationships that seemingly supported this scattered all across my life, that only served to make it worse. Of course like I said before, that only lasts so long and as painful as it may be, life makes abso-fucking-lutely sure you know you're full of shit. But I'm not getting into detail about the specifics or anything.

Edited by PastryOfApathy

You know, i've been in love before.

Twice actually, but both ended the same way.

First girl was a year older than me, who helped me through my first kiss, first date, typical highschool stuff. Turns out she was just using me as her enabler for parties, never actually caring about my feelings, nor the fact i had a job at the time. Apparently at prom night she confessed she was seeing other guys because she said our relationship wasnt legit enough for her.

Second girl is a little weird. Going back to talk about her really revs up some feelings, so i'll make this brief. Being completely toyed with, she RP yiffed me, seemed to ignore the fact i was in love with her after that because i thought her feelings towards me were genuine. Then she got angry at me over a trivial thing a week after and i still tried to get with her. Then she told me she had a boyfriend. Never want to see you again!

Jesus fuck. Why do i even try with women?

2 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

I find it amusing the OP of this thread is the same one who is reknowned for the furry shock fetish threads

Love and scat, scat and love

Scatticus is on his way. You'll see.

1 hour ago, ZorroValdez said:

I love this sandwich. And beer. Oh wait, wrong thread.

Sandwich fucker! 

55 minutes ago, Taikugemu said:

I am sorry for being a homofag.

Apology accepted faggot. 

52 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Yeah, better be sorry :v 

You better be sorry too you double faggot!

15 minutes ago, Mr. Sparta said:

You know, i've been in love before.

Twice actually, but both ended the same way.

First girl was a year older than me, who helped me through my first kiss, first date, typical highschool stuff. Turns out she was just using me as her enabler for parties, never actually caring about my feelings, nor the fact i had a job at the time. Apparently at prom night she confessed she was seeing other guys because she said our relationship wasnt legit enough for her.

Second girl is a little weird. Going back to talk about her really revs up some feelings, so i'll make this brief. Being completely toyed with, she RP yiffed me, seemed to ignore the fact i was in love with her after that because i thought her feelings towards me were genuine. Then she got angry at me over a trivial thing a week after and i still tried to get with her. Then she told me she had a boyfriend. Never want to see you again!

Jesus fuck. Why do i even try with women?

You're on the fur fag forum...

Do the obvious thing. 

Edited by #00Buck
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Not really crushes, just in general. Friends, family everything. The feeling that you possess a physical inability to express any kind of genuine affection towards anybody. Like everything is all out of a sense of obligation and that you're just saying you do because it's you're supposed to do.

There were events and relationships that seemingly supported this scattered all across my life, that only served to make it worse. But I'm not getting into detail about the specifics at all.

Oh I see. No need to go further about your past.

I wouldn't say I can't express any form of affection. But anything past usual family bounds and normal friendships is impossible for now. And the mere though of it terrified me when I was in high school.

No. I'm pretty aromantic though. I honestly don't think I'll ever fall in love.

Can't miss what you've never had, so I'm not really depressed about this.

Edit: @PastryOfApathy some of what you've said above resonates with me a bit. Given the amount of people in the world, statistically I'm not alone, but it's nice to see it anyways.

+1 for tons of apathy.

Edited by Conker

27 minutes ago, Conker said:

Can't miss what you've never had, so I'm not really depressed about this.

That by itself is true. But personally I'm a bit concerned about possibly spending the rest of my life alone as a result of being aromantic and asexual. The idea itself of not being attracted to anybody doesn't bother me all that much actually.

6 minutes ago, Jerry said:

That by itself is true. But personally I'm a bit concerned about possibly spending the rest of my life alone as a result of being aromantic and asexual. The idea itself of not being attracted to anybody doesn't bother me all that much actually.

So do you masturbate? Or does asexual mean no orgasms at all?

24 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

From what I hear, its different for each asexual. Some wont have any desire to do it at all. Some can do it but do not experience gratification from it. Some like to masturbate but have no desire to engage in sex. 

Different strokes (or lack of) for different folks

2 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

From what I hear, its different for each asexual. Some wont have any desire to do it at all. Some can do it but do not experience gratification from it. Some like to masturbate but have no desire to engage in sex. 

Different strokes (or lack of) for different folks

If you jizz you are not asexual. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

If you jizz you are not asexual. 

But what if the jizz doesnt want to go in or on other people?

Okay well, I could be wrong too

@#00BuckEdit: Actually, two aces on this forum have said before actually, they CAN have sex, but they have no desire/gratification for or from it.

So jizzin' asexes are a legit thing

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

Yep, I'm in love right now :3

As a small aside, I just wanna say that the phrase "fall in love" irks me. I feel like people who talk about love like it's some kind of condition don't really understand what love is. As far as I understand it, love is more like an attitude or a state of mind. There's no love at first sight and there's no "the one", it's just a person who you like enough to put up with their flaws, and put their happiness before your own. Love is hard work, but luckily it's not something you can just fall in and out of like a hole in the ground.

• Like 1

I've been in love twice, and am currently still in love with the person I'm dating. As for how to describe love.....it's a warm feeling. Like coming home after a month long trip. All you can think about is how good your bed will feel, how familiar your house smells, how the floor creaks in certain spots. It's like that, if that makes sense. That person becomes so familiar to you and so comfortable. Their scent, their touch, their warmth, it all becomes like home to you. When you're with that person, a perfect calmness sets over you, even if the world seems to be falling apart around your ears. That's the best way I can describe it, and that's even not doing it justice. Love is a great feeling, but it's also a terrible one if it's not returned. During a bout of depression after a breakup I wrote this short story thing where I compare love to a terminal illness, how it eats away at the heart and soul when it isn't returned or the person leaves. On the other side of the coin, love is the best feeling ever when it's mutual.

Also, I agree with @MuttButt about falling in love. You don't fall in love at first sight, or even fall in love to begin with. I saw a quote thingy that said it's not "love at first sight" but more or less.....familiarity. If that makes any sense. However, I DO believe in soulmates, but in a different sense than most. I think we have a lot of soulmates, each one of them being perfect for us in a different way. Some will be perfect in a few ways, and maybe one or two will be perfect in almost all the ways (these would be the people you could spend your life with, but you wouldn't necessarily be the happiest, might sometimes wonder about "what ifs" and whatnot), but then there is one who is perfect in all the ways and this person is the true soulmate. They will be someone who builds you up, while also challenging you to be a better you. This person is the one who shelters you from pain, but encourages you to branch out. You get my drift. They'd be the one who completes you, in both perfection and imperfection.

All that being said, love takes work, which is why divorce is so high. People have that good, warm feeling, but when it wears off they aren't willing to put in the effort to keep it going. There are going to be rough patches and potholes in the road, but love requires you work through these. Put on that spare tire and keep trucking along till you get to the repair station and can make things right again.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jerry said:

I think about this often too, since I'm in the same boat. I don't really care about the sex, but I get lonely sometimes D:

18 hours ago, #00Buck said:

It's a mix depending on the person. Your body is CAPABLE of orgasm regardless of being asexual or not. I personally do it once or twice a week to keep the pipes clean.

29 minutes ago, Conker said:

I think about this often too, since I'm in the same boat. I don't really care about the sex, but I get lonely sometimes D:

It's a mix depending on the person. Your body is CAPABLE of orgasm regardless of being asexual or not. I personally do it once or twice a week to keep the pipes clean.

Wow. You really know how to remove the fun from an otherwise enjoyable activity. 

Just now, #00Buck said:

Wow. You really know how to remove the fun from an otherwise enjoyable activity. 

I mean, there's pleasure in it. The nerves in my cock work. :P

Honestly, it's kind of a back-and-forth mess with me. Sexuality is weird, and so is gender, and basically everything else. I try not to think about it too much these days :\

6 minutes ago, Conker said:

I mean, there's pleasure in it. The nerves in my cock work. :P

Honestly, it's kind of a back-and-forth mess with me. Sexuality is weird, and so is gender, and basically everything else. I try not to think about it too much these days :\

Not really. 

People on this forum are special. 

Just now, #00Buck said:

Not really. 

People on this forum are special. 

There are few absolutes in it, which I suppose isn't that weird but it can be annoying at times. I'm pretty sure I'm asexual, but then there are little moments that make me doubt it all entirely.

Just now, Conker said:

There are few absolutes in it, which I suppose isn't that weird but it can be annoying at times. I'm pretty sure I'm asexual, but then there are little moments that make me doubt it all entirely.

This translates as: I'm a total mess and I have no clue what I want. 

Just now, #00Buck said:

This translates as: I'm a total mess and I have no clue what I want. 

Pretty much, at least that first clause.

If I had the money/time I'd see a therapist. Only for like two or three sessions just to hash this out a bit, but yeah. I'm a fucking mess sometimes :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Conker said:

Pretty much, at least that first clause.

If I had the money/time I'd see a therapist. Only for like two or three sessions just to hash this out a bit, but yeah. I'm a fucking mess sometimes :P

At least you are honest with yourself and that's a very healthy thing.

Good for you. 

• Like 1

Just now, #00Buck said:

That is an enjoyable feeling.

It sure is better than the opposite. 

Like someone ELSE around here and their experiences?

Anyway, yeah, although I don't really masturbate for pleasure, the sense of relief that it brings definitely eases me and can help when stressed.

1 minute ago, Vaer said:

Like someone ELSE around here and their experiences?

Anyway, yeah, although I don't really masturbate for pleasure, the sense of relief that it brings definitely eases me and can help when stressed.

That is pleasure. Kind of like going on a cruise or vacation. A sense of relief is a pleasurable sensation. 

23 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

That is pleasure. Kind of like going on a cruise or vacation. A sense of relief is a pleasurable sensation. 

I can see now how it can be pleasurable, and I'll admit that the process itself is pretty nice, but it was never to the extent of relief an excursion could bring.

It's more like: 

I'm having a bad day and I feel like shit. So I say to myself, "Meh, go wank it. It's better than sitting around." So I do the due. The day is still bad, but now I don't feel like shit so much and I'm relieved enough to go be productive.

OT: So we don't keep derailing I'll get on topic some.

@MuttButt: Although I disagree with your views on the phrase 'Falling In Love' I completely agree with all of your sentiments towards it.

Love is different for everyone and every experience with it will always be different to the individiuals involved.

I view the phrase as a way for me to differentiate between lust and love. Personally, I see love as a body of water. If I jump into it with another and all we get is a puddle or shallow pond to wade in, it doesn't go anywhere and we have no choice but to get out of it and end it. It wasn't love. But if we were to jump into the water and find ourselves in the ocean then I'd want to fall into the deepest depths and survive it together.

'Falling in Love' is a tired phrase, but it still means something different to everyone; for me, it's falling into this person so deeply, creating compromise, and opening yourself to accept the whole of them and, if you're fortunate, they will do the same.

Falling into love may sound asinine, but from this view digging a hole this deep to get into still takes time, effort, and some help.

Edited by Vaer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vaer said:

I view the phrase as a way for me to differentiate between lust and love. Personally, I see love as a body of water. If I jump into it with another and all we get is a puddle or shallow pond to wade in, it doesn't go anywhere and we have no choice but to get out of it and end it. It wasn't love. But if we were to jump into the water and find ourselves in the ocean then I'd want to fall into the deepest depths and survive it together.

'Falling in Love' is a tired phrase, but it still means something different to everyone; for me, it's falling into this person so deeply, creating compromise, and opening yourself to accept the whole of them and, if you're fortunate, they will do the same.

Falling into love may sound asinine, but from this view digging a hole that deep to get into still takes time, effort, and some help.

I can actually dig that analogy quite a bit. Very well spoken :3

• Like 1