History of the FAF community

Zeke

Oh yes, I remember a period of time where whenever a new member joined, I guessed to myself as to whether they were Eversleep or not. Sometimes, I was right.

How long d'you guys reckon it will be until he's here?

Until he figures out this forum exists.

But he was banned for "special" shitposts. Meaning, the ones where he made a massive death threat thread, followed by "no one luvs me" threads.

I sadly don't remember much from way back when I used to use FAF. I do remember the uproar of the removal of General Chats and our eventual shift to another forum, which was pretty entertaining. The shitfest in FAF's final days was pretty great too.

Ah, glorious memories.

I joined in 2010, right afterwards there was a huge wave of mobbing creepy fetishist newbies' intro threads. Asswings, Deo, Gaz, Fay, Red probably got into it too. We were awful, Christ it was fun though. And trolling shitey art whoring threads with deliberately terrible art. The epic cub ban shitfit, trolling mainsite tryhards was too easy. And knocking words off of Neer's rabid fanboys hahaha

And that pink squeaky gryphon dude omg, ripping him over and over.

The mantrasand incident and the tinychats. Woobles getting banned somehow, Bambi's weird posts, countless slutfox threads and the black hole. Gibby, Ley, Jessie, Minty, Grendel, countless artposts and shitposts. Smelge and Coffee and Brazen, Red ripping apart Neer during the Chase incident,  Frank's staff removal uproar, Xipod and Summercat and Corto handing out bans like candy, all well earned. Zerig's shitposting, Gorgo, Pachi, and Hardrock's artposts, friggin' Tomias' everything. Ragequitting and returning. My one and only infraction. I know I'm forgetting a ton of wonderful and terrible users and events here, and I'm not listing anything or anybody in any sort of order.

So many threads, so many friends, so many memories. Good times.

Edited by littlerock
feck u android keyboard im not done ye silly cund
  • Like 1

When the holegans lolpenised the board.

By the gods I'm turning white as a ghost that anyone remembers that, how embarassing. I remember that night. It was 4am. Myself, Mael, and few other Holegans in the IRC channel were ranting about the way shitposting was starting to take root and decided in our lack of sleep insanity HEY LET'S BLOW UP THE FORUMS LOL, POSTCOUNT +1

Let's see...

The user Seratuhl being around. S/He was so amazingly gods be damned creepy but hilarious. Part of me almost misses that Mindflayer. Almost.

The day the Holegans were born as a group. We all were discussing what we should call our band of forum renegades. It's amazing that we actually took over The Black Hole and successfully kept anyone else out. I still remember the 1K threads, I still remember posting about other threads in the forum and riling ourselves up. It was a fun time for a me that was a junior/senior in High School.

The Rilvor = Stellaluna thread was so incredibly weird that it stuck with me.

Ty Vulpine threatening to kill himself after following me into every thread and getting trolled in response. Part of me wants to go back in time and slap myself, but then again that was downright obsessive. And I saw him noodling in the recent journal to get unbanned.

Holegans causing staff to disable new user registration for a while.

The day the staff had such a huge crash that thousands of posts disappeared for most of the community members involved in The Black Hole.

Really the meat of my memories comes in the form of the 1K threads. All of the big drama bombs the forums had were fun and games but I enjoyed the smaller aspects of it all more. Being forced to move to IRC was the death of Holegans, and being away from the net for a couple months was the death of my place in the community as it once was. The reception upon return was a wakeup call like no other.

Edited by Clove Darkwave

The things that were the most important and memorable to me are also conected with things that still hurt a lot. So I'm not really sure if I want to remember them in such way.

But from the nice things... I guess comic thread spree.

download_a_flareon

Just.. everything about that guy

Why not Noah Gryphon? Squawk, squeak!

Edited by Ayattar
  • Like 1

Yeah, dropping the Dragoneer name for a minute...

I can't remember when I joined FAF. There's so much good shit to remember and so many complete fucktards to also remember but with a hint of aggression. The good art threads were the requests where they asked for something dumb, we drew something stupid and the OP laughed about it as well. The problem was that a lot of the artwhores used it as a place to get stuff without paying. Come to think of it, the majority of the taunting pictures were responses to people who were doing something wrong to start with. Whoring, being rude, oversharing fetishes and shit like that. We were the users the art sections deserved.

Then I gave up on the site with the whole Chase being put in control thing, and mostly gave up on FA once they decided to put Zaush in control of a recode while rape accusations were flying around. Then any thoughs of returning were squashed when they hired a known malicious hacker to staff, then the anonymous admins. Just too much shit, couldn't be bothered with it.

Might stick around here if I don't get banned for the username first.

I remember Brazen on the forums, the original FAF troll. While he may be gone (probably got bored) he left a piece of himself in all of us. He will be missed. Come back, Brazen!

I wasn't around to see the black hole, though I do remember seeing it as a guest.

plz bring back Braisen

• Like 1

Anyone remember Bunnycorn or whatever the fuck his name was? Holy shit that dude was a trip.

I do. Saying anything negative about furries or the furry fandom to him was like calling someone the n-word.

Another user that also comes to mind is Cutterfl. I think people raged on him for his terrible pics of Scooby Doo taking a mystery machine up the pooper. He was the proto-Sylox.

Edited by Ozriel

I don't know about you guys, but I miss condom Gryphon. He brought a special slice of special SQUAAAAAAAAAK SQUEAK.

Speaking of autistic avians, anyone remember that HEY DRAW ME INCLUDE ME bluejay guy with the transformation fetish?

vaguely

didnt i draw him in the end or was it condom gryphon i drew

Remember that Flareon Download guy? He would constantly post Pokemon sex / fetish stuff in the Den. He would also post commission requests in the black market and then bitch and moan when he was called out for being creepy and cheep

We shouldn't judge him -too- harshly. All he wanted in life was for Articuno to face sit him. Was that so much to ask?

• Like 3

Wasn't there also a guy who had a bee sting fetish? 

Yeah. He made tons of threads on the Art Exchange asking for art. And I'm not sure if this was a separate guy, but there was also a dude who kept making hiring threads asking people to draw characters from anime with their butts on fire.

Sylox was pretty sonoymus in my mind with some of the worst example of the furries even before the whole shutdown paraphernalia which I never bothered seeing. His ranting was utterly exhausted and wasteful......but still VERY entertaining xD

His story where he jizzed on cities and used dead children as lube will forever have a special place in my heart.

• Like 1

Ayone remember Download a flareon? Fun stuff.

Aww dude! I remember that guy! 

All the big fallouts from the main site were amazing. The cub ban was hilarious. 

I remember my very first post. It was a gigantic wall of text in which I said that I felt sorry for how the internet treated furries. In retrospect I feel stupid for making that thread :V 

• Like 1