What kind of junk personal things do you keep?

Wrecker

I keep all old movie ticket stubs in a tiny box, even the ones that are so faded I can barely read them. I also keep every card I get for the holidays/my birthday/etc along with the card envelope. I have a rather large stack, but it feels rude to get rid of them. I also have a pretty big shoebox of all the notes I ever got in high school, ranging from my first girlfriend to my friends to my best friend who I literally have 50+ notes from. Basically if it's something written, I probably keep it.

• Like 1

Pencils, notebooks, and papers. Also a bunch of assorted stationary.

I also keep jars and boxes for some weird reason. I have a thing for containers.

Gum and Starburst candy wrappers. I like making chain links out of them and forming necklaces and bracelets.

I keep diaries, birthday cards... And some literal junk I found lying around, like this bycicle key pendant that's been flattened because a car drove on it. Found it in my school's parking lot and chose to hold onto it for some reason. I also found an electronic organizer in my old uncle's room's trash can. Don't ask me what I was doing digging my hands in a trash can because I don't know. Was a kid. Anyway, the thing seemed super technological and cool for my old impressionable self (even though it was from the 90s and couldn't do more than write very short notes on it) so I kept it 

I still have a lot of the cards I've gotten for various holidays in all sorts of random places. It's not so much that I feel bad throwing them out (most of them), but by the time I feel comfortable throwing them out I don't care to go digging around for them. There's not so many that there's a problem anyhow. I also have all of my old drawings that haven't been ruined. I haven't drawn much at all the last few years, so nearly all my drawings are quite old.

I keep the stuff I find while running and bush walking, they always feel special to me. I've found some rail road spikes, some old bottles and other junk like that. I also have some stuff my grandmother made me.

Old receipts dating back to 2003, I don't know why I keep em, but I still do have the products I purchased with them. Not like the store would ever take em back though...

I don't keep receipts from restaurants or gas stations, or for most consumables, but I have kept most receipts from my trips to furry conventions.

I have a few useless things in my junk box, like a knob from the heater in my mother's house, keys I have no idea what lock they belong to, and those cute little 'good luck' pressed dollar coins.  I keep all my old hotel key cards from the conventions as well, and what I have left of airline ticket stubs, as well as a ticket from a Mets/Phillies game before they tore down Shea Stadium in 2008.

I have papers dating from 6th grade from my schooling years, I can't bring myself to get rid of em, I have about a whole drawer-full from 6th through my 4 1/2-5 years of college.

Edited by PheagleAdler
addendum
  • Like 1

I'm less of a hoarder of physical items. Rather I'm a bit of a data hoarder.

"I probably need this 3 year old version of Minecraft sometime" "these ancient cringe pictures are never going to leave me" "definitely need to keep that video I downloaded for a friend 5 years ago"

Then one day after being in college for a few weeks I sucked it up and went through my desktop, My Pictures, My Videos, and My Downloads, and deleted several items. After everything was totalled, and I think this included individual items inside folders and .jars/zips, but regardless. 25,000 items removed from recycle bin. 150GB freed.

In the end, I ended up erasing half my hard drive.

I still have a box of school related stuffs such as pieces of trinkets I made during art classes, photos from school Halloween events, some text books, and graded exam papers from my three and a half years of attendance at Shanghai American School more than a decade ago.

I guess I can't throw them away because that three and a half years of stay in Shanghai was one of my happiest periods in my life.