Tony The Tiger blocks furries on Twitter

Joel

1 minute ago, Luka said:

"Don't you have anything better to do?"

Is this what you're looking for?

56a80ccba003d_dontyouhavesomethingbetter

7 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

No Waifu/10 git gud

Pokemon's too innocuous to be lumped into creepy furry perverts so there ya go.

I'm ashamed. I guess I'll have to try harder. I've been getting tired of that Poke-avatar anyways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Here ya go sport.

That'll be $30, no need to thank me.

1444433413356.jpg.a3b6faa4d508755fac416b
Thank you so much! I love it! I'm changing my Twitter avatar ri- Wait a minute. Those words....

DID YOU JUST CALL MY WAIFU A SKANK!!!? Why I oughta'.....Avatar changed. Its beautiful.

Edited by Battlechili
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Joel said:

Welp The official twitter account for Tony The Tiger  has been blocking many furries on twitter mainly due to the overwhelming amount of pretty much sexual harassment from members of the fandom now furries are angry over this and saying they want to boycott the cereal LOL honestly I'm a little ashamed of the fandom right now but I can't help but find this fucking hilarious 

Gawker artical

This is hilarious.  I just laughed out loud.

Jesus Christ on a stick what the fuck is wrong with people. Are they trolls? Do they just have no self control? What part of their brain decided it was a good idea to go on some poor cereal rep's twitter and start sexually harassing them? They do know that Tony the Tiger is not real right? That the person speaking for him is an actor and the person managing the twitter is probably not even the actor but some other representative of the brand. Why the hell would you sexually harass them? Either you're a colossal dick or you're too socially retarded to function. That's it, those are the only two kinds of people who would do that. Regardless of how you might feel about a cereal mascot it's NOT ok to post sexually explicit tweets on their feed. It's the public twitter of Tony the Tiger, that's like soliciting Big Bird for a hand job in front of an elementary school. You KNOW children and families are going to be there to see it, it's not aimed at lonely, horny, adults. Just...what the fuck is wrong with these people.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

Jesus Christ on a stick what the fuck is wrong with people. Are they trolls? Do they just have no self control? What part of their brain decided it was a good idea to go on some poor cereal rep's twitter and start sexually harassing them? They do know that Tony the Tiger is not real right? That the person speaking for him is an actor and the person managing the twitter is probably not even the actor but some other representative of the brand. Why the hell would you sexually harass them? Either you're a colossal dick or you're too socially retarded to function. That's it, those are the only two kinds of people who would do that. Regardless of how you might feel about a cereal mascot it's NOT ok to post sexually explicit tweets on their feed. It's the public twitter of Tony the Tiger, that's like soliciting Big Bird for a hand job in front of an elementary school. You KNOW children and families are going to be there to see it, it's not aimed at lonely, horny, adults. Just...what the fuck is wrong with these people.

Short answer their furries 

I still can't understand the logic of making an official twitter account for a cereal box character ._.

Then again making a sugary cereal look bad from all the crap those perverted furries posted actually resulted in a good thing.

Lets hope children learn to make better food chooses 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hewge said:

Maybe he'll like us again if we draw even more smut works for him ? ?

He has no right to shit on his customers like that. I'm offended that he feels that he can pretend to be an anthropomorphic tiger without being ridiculed. Literally insulted. Even from a marketing standpoint, that doesn't make him look like a lovable children character when he pushes people back like that. Hasn't cool cat taught Tony it's wrong to bully? Shameful.

Edited by Sar

15 hours ago, Mentova said:

don't forget that on the same day furries have been spamming pizza hut because they made a post that mentioned "knots" (and not THAT kind)

I honestly wasn't even sure what they were trying to advertise with that knot thing at first so that was just poor planning altogether. not that it justifies sending the social media reps gross sexual comments though

The tweets *seem* to be coming from a general mix of furry creepers, furries who are posting "ironically," and trolls pretending to be furries.

The same goes for the people who are complaining about being blocked by Tony: some are whiny crybabies who are actually upset about being "fursecuted" or cockblocked by Tony, and some are just being ironically or satirically upset.

I think the people tweeting knot jokes at Pizza Hut think they're being edgy and witty. (Memo: You're as edgy and witty as the nerd who quotes some obscure TV show to a group of perplexed, annoyed non-nerds to show off his nerd cred---which is to say, not very edgy or witty at all.)

Unfortunately, Gawker Media isn't differentiating between the people who are being ironically pathetic or creepy, and the people who sadly aren't.

People need to stop providing the media with fodder for the furry freak show here. Your intentions don't matter here; just shut up.

Chester the Cheetah is being awesome through all of this, though.

Edited by Troj
  • Like 4

Well, and interestingly, the banter between Chester and the furries mostly comes across as witty, sassy, and wink-wink-nudge-nudge, whereas many of these the tweets to Tony are making my skin crawl.

This is partly due to the how the media is selectively spinning each of these situations by choosing which tweets to quote, and partly due to how Chester and Tony are reacting to these sorts of tweets.

When we hear that Tony is madly blocking people, it evokes more of an image or an impression of people being scarily sexually aggressive--and lo, the media is bolstering that narrative by quoting some really fucked up tweets to Tony.

When we hear that Chester is winking and nudging back, it sends a message that the situation is under control, and the banter is fundamentally benign--and lo, the various flirtations between Chester and tweeters that the media has chosen to highlight thus far have been pretty innocuous and low-key.

Edited by Troj

I think it's also fair to point out that Chester the Cheetah is not explicitly marketed for children so he's allowed to be a little more relaxed about casual flirting and innuendos, responding positively to that kind of thing doesn't break his image or seem out of character (I'd like to see his reps react to actual sexual harassment though, I really really doubt the Cheetos people react positively to posts like "Shove Cheetos up my ass plz"). Tony the Tiger has a lot more pressure to maintain a family friendly image because he was designed to appeal to children specifically. I can understand why the cereal reps feel the need to keep anyone they think might be problematic off of Tony's feed even if banning an entire community is a bit extreme. The company cannot take chances and if a certain demographic has a history of posting a lot of sexually explicit content on your stuff then banning that demographic probably seems like it would fix the issue. 

Even if people were just being trolls about it that's still a really dickish thing to do. Is it sincerely to much to ask that people not be complete jack wagons?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Mentova said he felt sorry for the staff member receiving all the lewd comments, but I feel sorry for them for being the schmuck whose job it is to pretend they are a cereal mascot on twitter. 

I imagine it can be great fun until you get weird horny people asking you to shove your product up their ass, or angry people threatening to shove your product up your ass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

I sort of suspect the person doing the account found it hilarious; the rest of their day is spent advertising sugared-fish-flakes, after all. 

Get it right, you sexy sinner! Frosted flakes are anti-mastuabatory flaked corn covered in vile tooth rotting tiger spoo known as sugar.

It is part of a balanced breakfast that both the faithful and chaste and filthy sodomites can enjoy!

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

I sort of suspect the person doing the account found it hilarious; the rest of their day is spent advertising sugared-fish-flakes, after all. 

I am wondering more and more what the point of a cereal mascot twitter account is anyway; parents shouldn't be letting children go on twitter in the first place so what adult is going to buy frosties because an imaginary Tiger posted a tweet about having them for lunch? 

Yeah, I wouldn't tend to let kids on Twitter--more because of what I'm afraid they'll do, rather than what would be done to them. Too many children would happily use all of their 140 characters to be total fucking assholes.

I imagine the account operates like pretty much any corporate account, and the mascot just puts a friendly, personable face on the standard announcements.

Edited by Troj

4 hours ago, Troj said:

I imagine it can be great fun until you get weird horny people asking you to shove your product up their ass, or angry people threatening to shove your product up your ass.

56a956ee9d7d3_UHMWAT.gif.7f49949272f1adf

The mental image of all this is just.. too much >___<

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yarra said:

My wife just sent to me (I don't read Perez Hilton). The best part is where Chester the cheetah invites all the furries to follow him.  

http://mobi.perezhilton.com/2016-01-27-tony-the-tiger-twitter-sexual-harassment-blocking-furries-frosted-flakes/?from=post#.VqmN6iM8KnM

LOL Perez Hilton I hate that fatass queen and hoho surprise info on furries is that we're all sexual deviants though this whole Tony the Tiger thing doesn't help our public image xD

Just now, Joel said:

LOL Perez Hilton I hate that fatass queen and hoho surprise info on furries is that we're all sexual deviants though this whole Tony the Tiger thing doesn't help our public image xD

Exactly but still funny as shit and I can't wait to see how it plays out in the coming days.