Baww I hate hoomanity.

Red Lion

As I'm out and about I end up running into some angsty little bag of dicks talking about how he hates humanity, humans are evil, mankind needs to die, man is evil animals are pure...you know the spiel. We've heard that shit a million times from a bunch of wanna-be-edgy brain farts with chips on their shoulders. 

Honestly, Fuck those guys. Fuck them right to hell. I don't have any patience left for them. Fuck anyone who has ever preached the "evils" of mankind. You fucking ARE mankind, you and every person you've ever liked is mankind. Every organization out there devoted to helping the earth, conserving wildlife and bringing relief to those in need is mankind. Every artist, actor or musician that you enjoy is mankind. Get your head out of your whiny little bitch ass and grow up.

Thing is there's a sort of balance to the way of things, for every good there is bad and the greater your capacity to do good the greater your capacity to do the opposite. That's the price you pay for being a complex and evolved being. With love comes hate, with extreme joy, extreme anger. We are a species that reaches extremes in all directions, to see our race as a wholly evil entity that needs to be purged is naive and the result of severe shortsightedness. We as a species do what we were designed by millions of years of evolution to do. We build empires, we use advanced tools, we continue to grow and evolve as a society. We can be destructive but we are also the only species actively aware of that and attempting more and more to fix what we break. When I go somewhere and see someone on a rant about how humanity is a virus that needs to be purged I can't take them seriously. -__-

• Like 10

Just now, Clove Darkwave said:

The entire thing you're ranting about, particularly the "humanity is a virus" bit, has been a favorite among Teens and early twenty-somethings since The Matrix gave it a lot of popularity.

I guess it takes time for people to appreciate the balance.

Oh, lol, I was speaking metaphorically I didn't realize "humanity is a virus" was an actual thing people said. More like that's the sentiment I get from these people.

People like that need to grow up.

Sure, we as a species do really fucked up things, but we also do some really good things to balance it out as well as accepting change and trying to change our natures (for better or worse). People who focus on the negative aspects will always be an edge lord  curmudgeon. No species on this planet is perfect, and we have to accept that. 

• Like 3

I hate humans sometimes means the same as when some people say they hate men. They don't hate humanity as a whole, they hate what they've done. Or commonly, what certain humans have done to THEM, specifically. Be it bullying or destroying the environment or abusing animals and people. So really the phrase "I hate humanity," when its not some edgelord trying to be morose, is really a coping mechanism or a way to handle the trauma they have suffered in their life, or maybe a way to start healing.

But yeah, fuck edgelords :P

Edited by MissFleece
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Lion said:

What?

Sorry I haven't seen The Matrix :(

What the fuck is wrong with you?  Leave this forum and do not return until you have seen The Matrix!  Also, don't watch the sequels or you'll be banished for having watched them. Its a narrow line I know, but necessary for our society to function.

Edited by AshleyAshes
  • Like 1

Newsflash, you fr*icking sheeple, humans are most RACIST and VIOLENT of creatures...MAN is the only species to whom the death and torture is AMUSING ONTO ITSELF. Honestly, I'm SICK & TIRED of all this BACK-SLAPPING that humanity is NEAT......we are nothing more than a fr*icking VIRUS WITH SHOES.

Eh, I went through a misanthropic phase...but it wasn't really without reason, considering how young I was.

Eventually as I grew up I came to realize by myself that there is good and evil, and you just have to accept both. Just as we are capable of some horrible stuff, we're also capable of doing so many wonderful things.

So many things that bring joy and/or convenience to my life have been created by none other than humans.

I think most people eventually grow out of that silly mindset. If not, well... keep your loved ones away from them?!

Edited by Luka
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Luka said:

Eh, I went through a misanthropic phase...but it wasn't really without reason, considering how young I was.

Eventually as I grew up I came to realize by myself that there is good and evil, and you just have to accept both. Just as we are capable of some horrible stuff, we're also capable of doing so many wonderful things.

So many things that bring joy and/or convenience to my life have been created by none other than humans.

I'm very sure many have had the thought at one point or another at least briefly.

Responding to OP:

This truly is the Epitome of Pessimism

Trouble is who ever makes this statement beyond the occasional bad day into a mindset only does a terrible disservice to themselves. Blindly taking out what may have been the result of one or a few rude people into a hasty generalization of hating the species logically follows that you are in turn insulting yourself. When in reality what grants us this greatest blessing and curse is Free Will both in our hearts and perhaps the most outstandingly complex thing in the universe....The Human Mind.

Words are singularly the most powerful force available to humanity. We can choose to use this force constructively with words of encouragement, or destructively using words of despair. Words have energy and power with the ability to help, to heal, to hinder, to hurt, to harm, to humiliate and to humble.

Yehuda Berg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luka said:

In D&D terms, a good would be a lawful good a.k.a a saint who force feeds their ideas to others and expects others to comply. Is it really that good?

On the flipside, chaotic evil only wants to see the world burn, only cares for itself and is not afraid to do harm for others to get what they want. But hey, at least you got freedom until you piss off the wrong person

So yeah, there is no inherit better. We, as humans, do shit all the time. Even you do. Deal with it

2 hours ago, jcstinks said:

Newsflash, you fr*icking sheeple, humans are most RACIST and VIOLENT of creatures...MAN is the only species to whom the death and torture is AMUSING ONTO ITSELF. Honestly, I'm SICK & TIRED of all this BACK-SLAPPING that humanity is NEAT......we are nothing more than a fr*icking VIRUS WITH SHOES.

OFFENSE HAS BEEN TAKEN. 

Much easier to focus on the negatives than the positives.

Humans by nature are pretty horrible creatures, but so are other animals. The difference is we know right from wrong, animals don't have that sense, but they also don't have the ability to do some of the bad things humans do. Pollution for example, which nearly every human participates in, is so much a part of our lives that most people don't ever think about it and because animals don't drive cars or work in factories or w/e else they are not a participant of pollution like we are. Still, animals do some pretty shitty things because natural instinct tells them to, like killing or stealing from other animals. Why does that make them better? It doesn't, it's just easier to ignore when they do the same things we do because you can blame nature and because it's not your species most people are inclined to not give a fuck what animals do.

I've always felt closer to animals than humans and I'm one of those people that in general thinks humans are pretty garbage because they've treated me like garbage my entire life, but I can recognize when they do good.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Snagged Cub said:

In D&D terms, a good would be a lawful good a.k.a a saint who force feeds their ideas to others and expects others to comply. Is it really that good?

On the flipside, chaotic evil only wants to see the world burn, only cares for itself and is not afraid to do harm for others to get what they want. But hey, at least you got freedom until you piss off the wrong person

So yeah, there is no inherit better. We, as humans, do shit all the time. Even you do. Deal with it

You failed your save vs. homo-geek.

Even though it sometimes appear to be an overly-optimistic hope, many times we are truly touched by the better angels of our nature.

Lincoln, as far as I am concerned, knows a thing or two about humanity at its best having seen it fairly low. If the man leading a young nation in the deadliest war it has ever experienced against itself - a war filled with atrocities, hardships, and external threats - can maintain determination that his enemies were to be considered brothers and friends after all had been settled, then I believe some people are missing something in hating others just for their hate and wrongs.

There are many great examples of people seeing and striving for the best in some of the worst of that nineteenth century. The Jungle seems to be nothing but negative, but that it was written says something positive, for example.

Just my poorly-expressed two cents, though.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Red Lion said:

man is evil animals are pure...

I can't understand why so many people think that we are so different from other organisms. Every living thing competes, both conspecifically and heterospecifically, and commit what we often consider evil. Balance exists in ecosystems only because organisms are incapable of outcompeting each other in given environment, and humans cause disruption merely because our cognitive ability frees us from the evolutionary Red Queen's race and the limits imposed by the environment, thus greatly increasing our competitive ability.

The only difference we have from other organisms is that we are capable of perceiving guilt from such actions, as a byproduct of evolution of cognitive ability, but why would that make us evil?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Seems like most people with this view of the world are teenage edgelords who think they are smarter than most adults. They eventually grow out of it. I certainly did.

When I read OP, I imagine this man, not some angsty teen

preacher.jpg

And yes, he is using religion to justify what he is saying but that's a whole other topic

7 minutes ago, Phyllostachys said:

I can't understand why so many people think that we are so different from other organisms. Every living thing competes, both conspecifically and heterospecifically, and commit what we often consider evil. 

That's a very interesting point. I don't think it excuses anything, but that's a goddamn fascinating way to think about it.

5 hours ago, Snagged Cub said:

And yes, he is using religion to justify what he is saying but that's a whole other topic

Oddly enough, most Christian groups have not been so much into "humanity is evil" since the days of Augustine.

The only thing that messed with that was the Second Great Awakening's impact in the South. Somehow reviving evangelical styles in already radical religious groups did not help the Enlightenment's ideals very much.

Most of the modern groups take a "humanity is flawed perfection" view.

A brief tl;dr on my thoughts: humans are the worst species on the planet in some ways. We're also the best species on the planet in others. In general, it seems like we have the right intentions, but because of our relative power and intelligence, we also have the ability to fuck up gloriously. And we do. It's not deliberate, though, and people smarter than I am think that acts performed with good intentions are good.

Edited by BagelRabbit

it was the machines in the matrix that fucked the day, though... how the hell is that a cry-out against humanity?

if kids would just have blamed those crazy octopus/squid robots, this wouldn't even be problem.

edit: the topic moved on, but the matrix shit is up there lol

Edited by Wrecker

Eh, a lot of nature commits acts of violence on their own kind for various reasons, we're just the only ones to invent new ways of doing it.

That being said, for a bunch of darn apes with opposable thumbs and a few brain cells, we've done pretty well.

Now then, when do we start colonizing space and kick ET's arse with our many centuries of dedicated experience in conflict?

Yes humans are terrible creatures, so are other animals, bacteria, fungi, etc... literally everyone and everything living is evil in some way, shape, or form. That doesn't mean however that those things aren't good as well. Just because the actions of a few are evil doesn't mean that the whole group is evil as well, that's guilt by association and we all know how well those ideas work in society. 

13 hours ago, Astus said:

Yes humans are terrible creatures, so are other animals, bacteria, fungi, etc... literally everyone and everything living is evil in some way, shape, or form. That doesn't mean however that those things aren't good as well. Just because the actions of a few are evil doesn't mean that the whole group is evil as well, that's guilt by association and we all know how well those ideas work in society. 

But are animals really evil? Evil, by definition, is something profoundly immoral or malevolent, and I don't think animals have the capacity to carry out evil acts or thoughts. They might kill the offspring of an outsider or abandon a weak/ill member of the pack/clan/whatever, but everything they do is survival oriented. Lions don't kill cubs for kicks and giggles, they kill cubs to ensure only their genes pass on (or, in the instances of cheetah cubs, to ensure less competition for food is around). We push all these human ideas onto animals when really they just want to survive. Animals aren't going to plan mass genocide of their species, nor are they going to methodically plan out rape homicides. They do what is best for them, and that's called survival, not evilness.

On 1/28/2016 at 5:27 PM, Lucyfish said:

Dolphins rape stuff, I don't see anyone campaigning to kill all of them.

Not really. Rape is a human construct with certain ideas and implications behind it. Forced copulation might happen in the animal world, but rape has lots of deciding details that cannot be applied to the animal world.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2016 at 4:34 PM, PastryOfApathy said:

Edgy

On 1/27/2016 at 4:34 PM, PastryOfApathy said:

edge

On 1/27/2016 at 4:45 PM, Zeke said:

edge lord

On 1/27/2016 at 6:17 PM, MissFleece said:

edgelord

On 1/27/2016 at 6:17 PM, MissFleece said:

edgelords

On 1/28/2016 at 10:31 AM, LazerMaster5 said:

edgelords

On 1/27/2016 at 6:08 PM, Saxon said:

edgy

People really run these terms into the ground

On Monday, February 01, 2016 at 10:32 PM, GamingGal said:

But are animals really evil? Evil, by definition, is something profoundly immoral or malevolent, and I don't think animals have the capacity to carry out evil acts or thoughts. They might kill the offspring of an outsider or abandon a weak/ill member of the pack/clan/whatever, but everything they do is survival oriented. Lions don't kill cubs for kicks and giggles, they kill cubs to ensure only their genes pass on (or, in the instances of cheetah cubs, to ensure less competition for food is around). We push all these human ideas onto animals when really they just want to survive. Animals aren't going to plan mass genocide of their species, nor are they going to methodically plan out rape homicides. They do what is best for them, and that's called survival, not evilness.

They may do what they need to survive, but we define some of those actions as evil. When someone or something commits an act upon another being that is considered cruel or unusual we as a society consider that evil. Just by the definition we have created it is considered evil while in reality it may not be

• Like 1