Good Ol' Flash

Chrysocyon

Does anyone have fond memories of Adobe Flash when it was in its prime?  I remember a time about 10 years ago when I was really poor and would spend most of my days stealing my neighbour's Wi-Fi and playing free Flash games and watching terrible animations.

I did some digging and managed to find some of my old favourites scattered across the web:

Animations:
There She Is!!
Decline of Video Gaming (Egoraptor was so young)
Madness Combat
Chocobo Robo Voice

Games:
Interactive Buddy
Demonic Defence 4
Noidzor
Sinjid - Shadow of the Warrior
Boxhead - More Rooms
Thing-Thing Arena 2

And even a couple multiplayer games that I'm surprised to see still going:
Tactics Arena
TankPit (Formerly Battlefield [actually I think this one is Java])

Most of them are quite terrible in retrospect, but oh man the nostalgia.  What were some of your favourite ol' Flashes?

Edited by Chrysocyon
  • Like 1

Oh absolutely! I have literally played through thousands of flash games for almost 8 years. Mostly in this site. I still frequent there, have hit the level cap (you get points from playing through games with achievements) and still love the site. Too bad the Flash is dying. I was also very saddened when the support of flash for Android phones was discontinued. I had to resort to external emulator app, which is sadly unstable and doesn't support all .swf files. I even learned to locate them, make them run on projectors and modify them (a.k.a sol cheat)

Flash is like an old King for me. A great ruler and may it reign for long but I also know its days are getting numbered.

Even Java is dying >.<

Unity and HTML5 will be replacing those. I am not a very big fan of unity though...

Edited by Snagged Cub
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Mr.Kumquat said:

I recently found out this is still a thing. It pretty much sums up my junior high and high school experience. http://www.homestarrunner.com/main1.html

Ah, that too.  I'm really glad to see that's still going. <3

6 hours ago, willow said:

A true masterpiece.

6 hours ago, Snagged Cub said:

Oh absolutely! I have literally played through thousands of flash games for almost 8 years. Mostly in this site. I still frequent there, have hit the level cap (you get points from playing through games with achievements) and still love the site. Too bad the Flash is dying. I was also very saddened when the support of flash for Android phones was discontinued. I had to resort to external emulator app, which is sadly unstable and doesn't support all .swf files. I even learned to locate them, make them run on projectors and modify them (a.k.a sol cheat)

Flash is like an old King for me. A great ruler and may it reign for long but I also know its days are getting numbered.

Even Java is dying >.<

Unity and HTML5 will be replacing those. I am not a very big fan of unity though...

Haha, nice!  I didn't know about Kongregate at the time, I only discovered that a few years ago, but I haven't really played flash games in a long time.  I mostly played on Ugoplayer or Newgrounds.

And yeah, flash is pretty obsolete, poorly optimized and full of vulnerabilities, but at least we got some great stuff out of it.  I didn't know about Java ending, that is kind of sad as well, but that's been a long time coming too.  Hoping the future brings stuff just as good or better.

1 minute ago, Chrysocyon said:

And yeah, flash is pretty obsolete, poorly optimized and full of vulnerabilities,

1 minute ago, Chrysocyon said:

I didn't know about Java ending, that is kind of sad as well, but that's been a long time coming too

You just said the reason for java ending too. It's filled with vulnerabilities and you every week a new java update launches, you can hear about an exploit that can compromise your security of data