Does your fursona have its own name or share your name/username?

Vallium

Does your fursona have its own name  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Does your fursona have its own name

• Yes, they have their own name
    • Yes, its the same as my username
    • No, they have my name
    • No, they're nameless

I get most people likely have a fursona that has their own name since its really just them in anthro form...or a username which already came from the fursona name (i.e SparkyTheFox), so Im wondering how many people have otherwise

Im probably one of some people that has a username unrelated to my real name and fursona...well...sort of. But I quite like having a same/Similar yet separate entity to my fursona

Share your name-related posts here

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

I don't really have a fursona. I just like too many anthro animals. Canines, felines, otters and dragons primarily

But if I were to imagine myself as one of those, then it'd be just like me right now. The personality, name, habits etc...

I'm a strange case.

See, my username relates to my sona but is not the name of my sona. Like you.

But although my username isn't my sona's name, it's still what I call my sona. Despite the fact that he is nameless.

It's very peculiar indeed

Edited by DrDingo

My fursona has his own name, he was originally conceived as a roleplay character. The name has since become my online identity and avatar though. I like it because it's a normal enough name that people assume it's my real name and don't pester me for my actual name :P 

My username is a catchphrase/attack phrase from a video game and Meowjesty is from a completely different video game. I am super original. I just really liked that the cat king from Ni No Kuni was called His Meowjesty and needed to use it. I would never use my own real name for anything.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MuttButt said:

My fursona has his own name, he was originally conceived as a roleplay character. The name has since become my online identity and avatar though. I like it because it's a normal enough name that people assume it's my real name and don't pester me with my actual name :P 

It was one time I swear, Matty! x3

4 hours ago, Vaer said:

A little of both.

My fursona's name is a combination of both my first names.

'Va', from name 1; 'Er', from name 2.

It started out as a name and ended up being my Username also because...well, why not?

Mine would be Vagl x3 not as fun and sort of creepy...

I'm not sure how to answer that one. Mine somehow kinda morphed into it's own character; and while I still identify with it, I kinda came up with this lore that nobody knows his true name... In a pinch I'd probably say he has my name, but in my little fantasy he's referred to as the Nameless One.... 

So in other words, I don't frickn know. I'm not used to being imaginative, it's weird. 

My 'sona's name is currently Alan Skye, but I've been thinking of changing it to something more unique for a long time.  It was originally just a pseudonym I started using in 2008 for signing art and stuff online, and eventually made its way to my 'sona as well.  I just liked the name Alan, and I think I borrowed Skye from the Isle of Skye, but I'm not sure why.

• Like 1

Nah, I used my real name to come up with my username. My 'sona is Callisto Raykus. I liked the idea of naming her and her siblings after moons because they have such cool names, Raykus is derived from a type of ice cream I like and I thought it sounded sergal-y enough to work.

She was never meant to be me, so I didn't see the point in giving her my own name.

Azu is just the name of my liz. Nothing fancy

It was originally short for 'Azurex' which is fucking stupid no longer relevant, given that none of my characters have any blue on them anymore

Damn I wish I could change my username on here

44 minutes ago, Joel said:

I'm far to lazy and unoriginal to come up with a different name for my sona so .y name will work nicely :V

It's also a fun name to shout out loud. JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL. I used to do that to my friend named Joel all the time, he would get so irritated.

On 29 januari 2016 at 7:19 PM, Caledonian said:

My fursona is called *ahum*

lord Dalzell Caledon Overshear

so no thats not my username

It should be said though that Caledon and Caledonian (obviously) root in the same origin. They are taken from the classic name for scotland (mainly used while soeaking of the highlands) Caledonia.  They are not ment to refer to each other as my username actually refers to the train "the Caledonian" and dalzells second name refers to his ancestry. Overshear is quite obviously a pun. The other names I thought about using were Shearkins, McSheary and o'shearing.

I am so creative :V

9 minutes ago, Maug said:

Judging by his icon I would say 17-18? How close am I Jerry?

I'm 22 actually LOL. But even IRL I still don't look 18.

10 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

Since when did you pop up in here? xD

Anyway... Would it hurt to ask you your real name jerry?

My real name is Vincent. Not exactly a cool sounding name but I've heard much worse names out there LOL.

5 minutes ago, Maug said:

Hello Mara, how you've been ;)

How have I been? HOW HAVE I BEEN?! Fantastic now that you're here xD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry Vincent I was just joking, xD

Vincent is a good name, I suppose you'd want to change your username before someone picks it up?

10 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

Don't worry Vincent I was just joking, xD

Vincent is a good name, I suppose you'd want to change your username before someone picks it up?

I know you were :P

Actually I don't mind having a different name for my fursona now. I managed to get the username "jerry" on all the major art websites/forums I'm subscribed to except dA. It'd sorta suck to ruin this LOL.

2 hours ago, Caledonian said:

Vincent is a perfectly respectably name here in the Netherlands! You share your first name with Van Gogh, if that makes it better :)

2 hours ago, Maug said:

I like the name Vincent, reminds me of Final Fantasy and a certain Dutch painter who's art I like

Yeah that's the Vincent everybody has heard about at least once LOL. As I said it was mostly in my teenage years that I didn't like my name. Today I'm OK with it. And if really I can't support it I was also given the name David at birth, so I can actually switch right away if I want to. But meh, it'd sound weird LOL.

We've grown apart. Xaende (pronounced "Sand") is my fursona, and predates my involvement with the fandom in some ways, but I used to post under a different username... with a different species as part of the name. I'm thinking about deleting my old stuff from the web, and only participating as this going forward. I haven't actually stopped liking or making anthropomorphic animal media. Just went underground for a while. Life happens, and I've branched out in other directions.

To further complicate things, I used to go by Filter on FAF. We'll see how this works out.

Edited by Xaende

Malibu is the name of my first Doggy fursona. Malibu the Pit Bull Mix. I still use him, and I go by "Malibu" pretty much everywhere furry related. My current sona is Maduro, even though both characters have the same personality and similar designs. Maduro's an asexual mutt with all my kinks, where Malibu is dating my exe's sona still, so that's kind of the only reason I prefer Maduro as my main representation now.