The Final Fantasy VII Remake: What Do You Want to See?

RileytheNerdQueen

At last, after nearly twenty years have flown by, we have confirmation that Final Fantasy VII is getting a remake.  At E3 and PSX last year, we got more than we could ever hope for with a teaser and some gameplay respectively.  The first part’s scenario is complete.  Now, all we have to do is wait.  Such is the life of a gamer; we wait, and wait, and wait some more for the shining gems that were promised.  As we wait for this godsend, we can always hope to get something; whether it be a particular character or a favorite scene, there’s always that feeling of anticipation.  So, let’s cut to the chase:

What would you like to see in the Final Fantasy VII Remake?  I’ll tell you my hopes if you tell me yours!  Personally, I wanna see all of these things:

• Cloud trying to walk in heels. 
  • Vincent Valentine in general.
  • All the boss fights.
  • Midgar (Like holy shit I need to see it all!)
  • Cosmo Canyon (My favorite location)
  • Midgar Zolom
  • The scene in the submarine. ("I have no idea what I did, but I think it's working..." -Vincent Valentine)
  • Everything involving Vincent and Yuffie.

• The ability to jump while in combat (the trailer makes the gameplay look Crisis-Core-y, but I'd like to be able to jump at least since jump attacks add depth.)
  • The motorcycle sequence is still in the game and is more fun than ever.
  • More dating options from that dating part so you can actually go on a date with Red XIII.
  • Costume switching so I can make Cloud wear the women's clothes whenever instead of just at that one part. Also more costumes in general would be nice. Maybe a Lightning costume switch since Square seems over-joyous to put her in everything.
  • Theater mode so I can watch any cutscene whenever I want after I beat the game.
  • Multiple difficulty settings.

2 hours ago, Maug said:

Red xii is such a popular character, I always wondered why SquareEnix never made a spin off featuring him.

Pretty sure he's only popular with furries. Which is a shame, because he's actually one of the better characters in the game. Kinda disappointed with how little focus Aerith, Yuffie, Vincent, and Tifa have in the game. Although at least Vincent got his own game to help with that.

11 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

Anything but this:

325.jpg

Spoiler for FFX's HD Remaster bonus content in white: Is this referencing that awful post-game content for Final Fantasy X/X-2's HD Remaster that was made where Tidus's head got kicked off by an exploding blitzball kicked by Yuna?

14 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Spoiler for FFX's HD Remaster bonus content in white: Is this referencing that awful post-game content for Final Fantasy X/X-2's HD Remaster that was made where Tidus's head got kicked off by an exploding blitzball kicked by Yuna?

That's a thing? :o

Just now, Käpt'n said:

That's a thing? :o

Yes

I believe its in the audio drama that comes with the HD Remaster. It gets worse too. Basically, everything that happened in the games is invalidated, as Sin is back and everything. The whole thing is like one really bad fanfiction, except its canon.

13 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Yes

I believe its in the audio drama that comes with the HD Remaster. It gets worse too. Basically, everything that happened in the games is invalidated, as Sin is back and everything. The whole thing is like one really bad fanfiction, except its canon.

Oh that explains it. These audio dramas are often awful and incredibly goofy.
Did you hear of "On the Way to a Smile"? It's a collection of short stories that take place between the end of the game and Advent Children.
It's like bad fanfiction as well... I only read the story "Case of Nanaki". Maybe it's the fantranslation as it was never officially translated into English, but it just wasn't fun to read at all. The concept is kind of nice, it's about Nanaki's struggle of being treated like an animal by humans while actually being more intelligent then them. It's also about his fear of losing his loved ones since he will see them die of old age because of his long lifespan.
But the way the story is presented is just so flat and boring... It's not very long and you can easily find it online.

2 hours ago, Käpt'n said:

Oh that explains it. These audio dramas are often awful and incredibly goofy.
Did you hear of "On the Way to a Smile"? It's a collection of short stories that take place between the end of the game and Advent Children.
It's like bad fanfiction as well... I only read the story "Case of Nanaki". Maybe it's the fantranslation as it was never officially translated into English, but it just wasn't fun to read at all. The concept is kind of nice, it's about Nanaki's struggle of being treated like an animal by humans while actually being more intelligent then them. It's also about his fear of losing his loved ones since he will see them die of old age because of his long lifespan.
But the way the story is presented is just so flat and boring... It's not very long and you can easily find it online.

I kinda liked that one actually. It's the only one I read too. Cuz nanaki. xD 

The part where he did that thing and the thing had done something for him and such. I liked that part. 

7 minutes ago, willow said:

-for the in-game cutscenes to be HD too, unlike FFX Remastered where they just updated the cinematics and left everything the way it was

That's basically a given. They are remaking it from the ground up and with voice acting. 

46 minutes ago, yell0wf0x said:

The part where he did that thing and the thing had done something for him and such. I liked that part. 

That's basically a given. They are remaking it from the ground up and with voice acting. 

I know it's a given but I still have trust issues from FFX remastered 

1 hour ago, willow said:

for the in-game cutscenes to be HD too, unlike FFX Remastered where they just updated the cinematics and left everything the way it was

What HD Remaster did you play? o__o I thought they up-scaled it moderately well.

Edited by Naesaki

7 hours ago, yell0wf0x said:

It had its moments but other than that it was just way too cheesey for my taste. It really felt like reading fan fiction rather than an official continuation of the story.