Fuck W-2's

GamingGal

I fucking hate this time of year. Goddamn.

So, I have the W-2's from two of my employers and am waiting on the one from Red Lobster. It still hasn't arrived, so I decided to call my old workplace in efforts to get the form since, you know, they're all supposed to be delivered by now. First, I sat on hold for 10min before the call was dropped or something. I called back and was put on hold for 20min. I hung up and called back and made sure the person who answered knew I was calling to get my W-2. I was put on hold again, but then the person picked up 5min later. Instead of the manager actually talking to me, they told the girl to tell me my W-2 should have been emailed to me and that if I didn't get it I need to contact Total Rewards, which is the benefits group or whatever for Red Lobster. Annoyed, I decided to do this since I was getting no where.

And I still didn't get anywhere.

The call was completely automated and if the machines didn't understand you they would hang up without notice. I had to go through one long drawn out automated conversation before being transferred to a different sector to go through the whole business again. The second sector recognized my social security and said they had some W-2's on file, but only the ones for 2013 and 2014. When it asked if those were what I wanted and I said no, it asked for what year. I told it 2015....and then it hung up on me. I did this 3 times, trying different methods, but with no result. There was no way to actually talk to a real person and my old workplace insists I need to get it from these people.

Soooooo........

Yep. No clue what to do.

This actually came up in discord earlier today.

https://www.irs.gov/Help-&-Resources/Tools-&-FAQs/FAQs-for-Individuals/Frequently-Asked-Tax-Questions-&-Answers/IRS-Procedures/W-2---Additional,-Incorrect,-Lost,-Non-receipt,-Omitted/W-2---Additional,-Incorrect,-Lost,-Non-receipt,-Omitted-2/

If you can't get through to anyone, then you can go to the IRS after Feb 14 and bludgeon your former employer into compliance.

• Like 2

I only just got my tax stuff this week and I only wait for 2 documents: my W-2 and student loan. I love tax time cuz I get money back that I desperately need! Now I just have to sit down and do them... Doesn't take too long usually, but this year I do have rent and moving expenses that I paid so that might take a bit longer to figure out.

I'm probably going to call the workplace again tomorrow and fuss at them. Also, btw, H&R Block is awesome to do taxes with. I do mine with them and it's free other than paying the state fee, which can be taken from your return if you prefer. But, yes, monies! I'm really excited cause I forgot it was tax return season, so this money is going to help pay off a lot of things.

Edited by GamingGal

I took my stuff to an H&R Block and one of their peeps helped me out. I think you have to make an appointment for it, but once you're there it's super easy. You give them your files, they ask a few questions, and BOOM. You're done. Filing online is actually really easy, too. You get asked some questions about your life/living situation/school situation stuff, it'll ask you to input some data from boxes on your W-2's, and then you're done!