Any interest in setting up gaming events?

Kinare

Some of you have probably already found friends to play games with, but the rest of us maybe need a little push. What would you gaming nerds think about setting up Phoenixed community events to play the most popular games that we play, maybe even try out some others together?

We have that there Phoenixed Steam group and this might be a good use for the events system. Dunno what the other platforms could use, but it's not really necessary anyhow. The most important thing we would need to figure out first of all is what games the community would be most interested in gathering a group for. Then of course we'd need to figure out what times most people who are interested might be available. Then we'd need to figure out for how long we'd run the event and what other little details there would need to be discussed depending on the game.

So, what games would you like to see featured and what times are you around to do it?

No one here has the same tastes as me it seems like, but the one I would really like to get a nice sized regular group together for is 7 Days to Die. I've always wanted to try PVP in that game, but I rarely have more than a couple of people to play with at one time and we always play together. If we did get a group together I could host a dedicated server, we could split costs of renting one, or I could just host a non-dedicated server whenever people wanted to play.

Another possibility that might be fun is Don't Starve Together, but I'm not entirely sure on that one if it would be fun with PVP considering just the PVE is quite hard. =p

Endless Legend would be another I'd be up for trying out with a group. My "in the mood" status for that game comes and goes really sporadically though, so I'm not entirely sure I'd be interested for every event.

Currently I can play Thursdays through Mondays. My sleep schedule is very whacky atm, so while normally I'm up very late, lately I've been up earlier and go to sleep early. I'm EST timezone, which means EU wouldn't have too horrible of a ping when playing with me. I do still play Rainbow Six Siege very regularly, so I can probably only spare a day or so of those 5 days to play something else.

I don't know man. Lotsa people with different tastes, different avaiability, schedules... It'd be hard to organize something like this. Personally the only online games I own are Garry's Mod and Elite Dangerous, the latter barely having any MP elements to it at all

I think this is a good idea, best place to start would be people starting a discussion in the steam group to gauge interest in a particular game perhaps?

Personally I'm up for pretty much any multiplayer games I own and my sleeping pattern is constantly changing so I'll play whenever someone plans an event. :P Ones I'm always interested in playing are, Civ 5, DotA 2, Endless Legend, Endless Space and I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

11 minutes ago, Revates said:

best place to start would be people starting a discussion in the steam group to gauge interest in a particular game perhaps?

Only problem is there's so few members there atm, and that would only include PC gamers. I don't personally play on consoles (except the rare 3DS game), but hopefully one that does will take the idea and run with it.

54 minutes ago, Amiir said:

I don't know man. Lotsa people with different tastes, different avaiability, schedules... It'd be hard to organize something like this.

It probably will be pretty hard, but worth a try at least.

Edited by Kinare
  • Like 1