What the heck happened. Rejoining.

Teto

Don't actually tell me though, it'd be more trouble than it's worth, and I'm gathering it's something easily summed up with "the admin was a dick".

I was just going to drop in on FAF for my bi-annual check in. Do I remember anyone here? Does anybody remember me? I was Hateful Bitch for the last while on the old forums. I probably only made a small impression for a relatively short time. It was a long time ago (relatively; 4 years ago is a lifetime in your early 20s), but I had some good times (t)here.

Whether you remember me or not, that's not a big deal. I'm 22 years old, in Scotland. I joined FAF in 2009 and hung around a few years mainly shitposting. I don't know when I stopped being a present member of the community, but somewhere around like 2013 I stopped giving a damn about forums generally, and only to keep up appearances with dying communities, when I would take the time. It's only coming back here now that I'm realising how much I miss that, and think I could get back into it; arguing nonsense with strangers, the whole thing. It'd be more valuable and engaging than the big lot of nothing I do these days, striving for attention on social media. I want to have internet friends again.

Back in my 2009 iteration I made attempts at art-doing, and then stopped, unconvinced it was worth the time. Then in 2014 I decided to do art again as a proper thing, at college. So here I am, 1 year in on an art course, drawing dog people not much more advanced in skill or style than when I was 18. Each day is a new embarrassment. 

I'll explore more when I wake up. Nice to meet you.

11 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Oh yeah  I know you! I was Ley/Leybun. Welcome. 

Ayyyy, that does ring a bell. Likely we never really talked though, and in the latter half of my time at FAF I wasn't paying a lot of attention. Does ring a bell though. Glad to see some familiar names.

27 minutes ago, Teto said:

Back in my 2009 iteration I made attempts at art-doing, and then stopped, unconvinced it was worth the time. Then in 2014 I decided to do art again as a proper thing, at college. So here I am, 1 year in on an art course, drawing dog people not much more advanced in skill or style than when I was 18. Each day is a new embarrassment. 

I'll explore more when I wake up. Nice to meet you.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't remember you. But it's alright, since that just means I can get to know you with a clean slate. ;3

As for art stuff, you just gotta be persistent and make sure you're actually trying to improve. Believe me my "art" during my first year here was abysmal (so much so I deleted most if not all of it out of embarrassment), but now I can actually sorta draw okay. Keep at it homie and welcome back.

10 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

I'm not gonna lie, I don't remember you. But it's alright, since that just means I can get to know you with a clean slate. ;3

I think you'd have to be paying pretty close attention to remember me if you joined any time from like, maybe 2012 onwards. I really can't remember when I stopped keeping touch. I don't remember you either, if that's the name you were using.

Art advice is always good, no matter how repetitive. Repetition is sometimes the best thing for it. My main issue is that art isn't really much of an outlet for me to express myself, but that's a whole thing. 

Thanks for the reassuring words, even though I'm ashamed of my age, which I then compensate for with false pride (ha ha I'm older than you), and thus reassurance makes me feel vaguely patronised and embarrassed. Daft feelings. I sincerely appreciate it though. It'll be good to be among other frustrated fledgling artists again.

I can almost convince myself that I remember the name Luca. Maybe I do, maybe I don't, but I definitely never actually knew you. Thanks for dropping a mention.

2 minutes ago, Teto said:

Oh my godddd SirRob, you beautiful bitch. I feel like you're the one truly familiar face at a party I wasn't sure I wanted to go to. 

Oh, don't worry. I'll show you around the place. I know all the people here. Like, Hewge. He's a person. His species is Zergling but he's actually an otter.

And then there's um,

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Teto said:

I think you'd have to be paying pretty close attention to remember me if you joined any time from like, maybe 2012 onwards. I really can't remember when I stopped keeping touch. I don't remember you either, if that's the name you were using.

Art advice is always good, no matter how repetitive. Repetition is sometimes the best thing for it. My main issue is that art isn't really much of an outlet for me to express myself, but that's a whole thing. 

Thanks for the reassuring words, even though I'm ashamed of my age, which I then compensate for with false pride (ha ha I'm older than you), and thus reassurance makes me feel vaguely patronised and embarrassed. Daft feelings. I sincerely appreciate it though. It'll be good to be among other frustrated fledgling artists again.

I joined in like early 2013 so don't sweat it.

As for the 'expression' thing, it's something literally everyone goes through at some point so it's perfectly natural. If you ever need a subject or some type of inspiration, you could always do a quick sketch request or two just to give a starting point.

50 minutes ago, Teto said:

SirRob I'm concerned that you have 260 posts and only 52 likes. Are you... Not fun? It seems like a reflection on the quality of your content.

Only 52 likes? That's a lot of likes! That's like, almost one like for like every five posts!

Don't worry, I'm popular here. You can trust me saying that. I'm VERY popular. People TOTALLY know who I am. Don't listen to anyone else says though, they're just jealous of my popularity.

1 minute ago, SirRob said:

Only 52 likes? That's a lot of likes! That's like, almost one like for like every five posts!

Don't worry, I'm popular here. You can trust me saying that. I'm VERY popular. People TOTALLY know who I am. Don't listen to anyone else says though, they're just jealous of my popularity.

You still shine brighter in eyes of recognition than any of these other squares do. I can believe your popularity based solely on that.

2 minutes ago, SirRob said:

Who are you? :V Kidding, love ya.

Honestly, I wouldn't put much faith into the rep system.  I mean, somehow my post-to-like ratio is almost even and I post nothing but shit.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Chrysocyon said:

Who are you? :V Kidding, love ya.

Honestly, I wouldn't put much faith into the rep system.  I mean, somehow my post-to-like ratio is almost even and I post nothing but shit.

If we're not counting posts in Forum Games and Introductions, my ratio is currently at 1 like for no posts. I'm on another level.

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

I love your avatar. 

5600613575_5bddea8dc1_b.jpg

It's from some mall display in Gevena. I can only find a few photos of it, and there are so many more background models that I haven't found closeups for. The moose baby in the background of this one looks funny, with the arms sticking up out of the pram so far from its head.

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Nope, don't know you. But if shitposting is what yer after you'll get more than your full here. In fact, it's in the rules. :v

Posting garbage is all I know. I don't think I could function without it; I just don't bring in that Good Content.

Also, top taste on Fantastic Mr. Fox. One of the noted works in my list of "incriminating evidence that will expose me when I'm dead". They'll put it all together one day, my animal people obsession.

Just loaded up my old FA account, and I'm recognising that my style has actually come some way since those days, which is encouraging. Seeing who I was 3 years ago is so surreal, I thought I hadn't changed that much. So much garbage, and this:

j4nmixU.png

Got some fixing to do.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Looks more like you got a nuking to perform!

Yyyyup. I actually ditched the account after clearing it out to a point, and decided to stick with the alt I've been using to watch people for the past 2 years. Turns out that you can only nuke 5000 submissions at a time. The more you know.

25 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Any more and the database likely grinds to a halt because of how shitty it is.

The funniest thing I saw when going through my Profile Info was the woefully outdated suggestions for game console. You can't blame irony for this one; that's just bad upkeep.

aXFd4kC.png

5 minutes ago, Johanna Waya said:

Weren't you smelge, or was that well smelge?

I remember the name, and I may be confusing it but I remember a special deo avi.

hmmm, nope, I don't think so. I think I only changed my name the once. I had some bullshit alts, but that was just hi-jinks.

19 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

A/S/L Please!

Top or Bottom?

Spit or Swallow?

22/M/Scotland

Inexperienced, but I'm taking The Wolf of Wall Street route; start at the bottom and make my way to the top.

Stay at home.

18 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

Hi Tetooooo

This place is better than Facepunch c:

I can't even remember knowing you on Facepunch, that must have been a long time ago, back when they had the lifestyle boards? My memory of so long ago is such a blur, I sometimes wonder about my long term memory. I also remember finding an old post of yours in my favourites of some old voice recording you did like 5 years ago. But since the site is taking a nap, I can't dig that up to embarrass you with.

Edited by Teto
23 minutes ago, Teto said:

I can't even remember knowing you on Facepunch, that must have been a long time ago, back when they had the lifestyle boards? My memory of so long ago is such a blur, I sometimes wonder about my long term memory. I also remember finding an old post of yours in my favourites of some old voice recording you did like 5 years ago. But since the site is taking a nap, I can't dig that up to embarrass you with.

I was Ahkmill on FAF and Shark Bones on Facepunch. lel

I messaged you there and you were like "OH I remember you"

Gawd I'm so forgettable QQ

14 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

I was Ahkmill on FAF and Shark Bones on Facepunch. lel

I messaged you there and you were like "OH I remember you"

Gawd I'm so forgettable QQ

Oh shit yeah, Shark Bones. It's come together now. Christ. I feel like I probably talked to you there than I did here.