Phoenixed Forums Moderator Application

Zeke

Ah cool, I can't wait to see who gets picked.  I might be interested, but I'm not good at conflict resolution at all, lol. I'd be up for the menial tasks like making sure NSFW stuff is tagged correctly, moving threads, deleting spam if we get any, that kind of stuff, but I don't think our community is really big enough to need too many moderators yet.

@Zeke I have a question related to the wording of a certain part of the application. When you ask "How would you solve conflict as a Moderator?", do you mean conflict between two or more users, towards a moderator or do you just mean in general?

Edited by Sar
quoted for no reason.

2 hours ago, Sar said:

@Zeke I have a question related to the wording of a certain part of the application. When you ask "How would you solve conflict as a Moderator?", do you mean conflict between two or more users, towards a moderator or do you just mean in general?

In general

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 6tails said:

I'd think wanting to mod any sizable Reddit community would be far more suicidal than moderating here.

Given how half of the people act here whenever the moderators actually do something? Not really. But this isn't the place to argue over something like that, nor do I really have any interest in doing so.

1 hour ago, 6tails said:

You'd get the same reaction from the subreddit once that begins happening.

I took a look at the sub and its moderator list... Nope.
At least half of the moderators are never there, and only one or two have any presence at all.

I did call their pick a disaster and I was called salty. Oh well.

edit: Oh, and I wasn't saying you were trying to start one. I just don't want one TO start from that.

Edited by ChaosCalix

3 hours ago, Summercat said:

Why the hell not.

"How do you resolve conflict?" "I crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentation of their vulpines."

you can only be a mod if you and your boyfriend take turns making out with me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LazerMaster5 said:

I call it bullshit.

Anyway, good luck to you too.

Rude! I'd crocfrac you for using bad words. 

But I'm going to be the bigger croc and wave the massive amount of monies I have from my job that I got from having buttloads of crocsuasian. 

12 hours ago, Toshabi said:

Rude! I'd crocfrac you for using bad words. 

But I'm going to be the bigger croc and wave the massive amount of monies I have from my job that I got from having buttloads of crocsuasian. 

Ehhh, I don't think this works like a college application..... :P I can't imagine you would get extra brownie points for sending two apps, especially considering that the only part that will differ between the two is the section asking about how you would deal with conflict. If you answered that question completely the first time, the second time would likely only be extra BS, and I would assume that anyone reviewing it would quickly pick up on this. Anyway, that was what occurred to me when I toyed with the idea of submitting another application...but I very well could be wrong.

You know what would be really fun? Having a running period...where all the potential candidates who submitted good applications do mini-campaigns, and whoever gets the most votes (or top three winners) become mods.

Edited by KryptoKroenen

6 minutes ago, KryptoKroenen said:

Ehhh, I don't think this works like a college application..... :P I can't imagine you would get extra brownie points for sending two apps, especially considering that the only part that will differ between the two is the section asking about how you would deal with conflict. If you answered that question completely the first time, the second time would likely only be extra BS, and I would assume that anyone reviewing it would quickly pick up on this. Anyway, that was what occurred to me when I toyed with the idea of submitting another application...but I very well could be wrong.

You know what would be really fun? Having a running period...where all the potential candidates who submitted good applications do mini-campaigns, and whoever gets the most votes (or top three winners) become mods.

That sounds like it would be lits of fun, but also a freakin' terrible idea :P

9 hours ago, KryptoKroenen said:

Wow, you answered your own post at the end of your post. You're wrong. Everything you've posted so far is wrong. Toshabi is going to have to take away your ability to post incorrect things for a whole week now!

• Guest unfeatured and unpinned this topic