Skyrim is a balanced game

Effortlessly kills everything all game > Dragons are massive wimps > BOOM! ! ! Random dude one-shots you out of nowhere . . .

I like Elderscrolls games, but the imbalanced difficulty really kills them for me. It's not fun feeling unchallenged 90% of the play through, then randomly being instakilled by some guy.
The difficulty options do pretty much nothing to change this too, and mods that would try to change it were normally so buggy that they'd just end up with the same results.

2 hours ago, Zytan said:

"Why are my arrows going through this person without doing any damage?" said every Oblivion/Skyrim migrant ever

Miss

Miss

Miss

Miss

Miss

Miss

Miss

Hit

\Miss

Miss

Miss

Miss

Hit

Hit

Miss

Miss

Miss

Miss

Long Blade has increased to 36

Miss

Miss

Miss

Miss

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rhíulchabán said:

Just download the mod which allows you to increase the damage dealt by enemies and their healthy by 1000 percent... everyone instakills you and everyone takes hundreds of hits to kill! It makes it totally balanced... against you!

Yes this is a real mod, no I don't remember the name, and yes I played with it for about 10 hours, I will never get those 10 hours back ever... :(

Sounds like Sands of Time to me... oh you're lv8?  Seeing as you're only on Milk Drinker mode we're only going to spawn 5 reavers to ambush you.

12 minutes ago, Rhíulchabán said:

Just download the mod which allows you to increase the damage dealt by enemies and their healthy by 1000 percent... everyone instakills you and everyone takes hundreds of hits to kill! It makes it totally balanced... against you!

Yes this is a real mod, no I don't remember the name, and yes I played with it for about 10 hours, I will never get those 10 hours back ever... :(

Yeah, I usually play Bethesda games with "realism" mods like that. Combat becomes way more intense and interesting when you and your opponent can potentially die in one or two well placed swings, making defense infinitely more important and introducing all sorts of mind games.

Only thing that sucks is that the actual RPG elements kinda take a backseat since a Daedric sword isn't that much better than an iron one seeing as ATK is more or less irrelevant. Oh well, I'm the kind of weirdo that actual role plays in these games so I couldn't give a rats ass.

Edited by PastryOfApathy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

Two words:

Cliff Racers

They do not forgive. They do not forget. They have over 9000 penises and they are all raping you.

guy must've used console commands to spawn them or something, that literally never happens in the game.

they're easy as fuck to kill anyway