Got a buttload of cash from Uncle Sam, WTB suit

Toshabi

35 minutes ago, Misomie said:

The prblem is very few maker sell pokemon suits. I know one who was trying to sell a Pangoro suit. I'll look into it if they pop up again.

I'm pretty sure most fursuiters would be happy to make Toshabi a Pokemon suit if waved money in front of them.

Edited by Maug

Ok, CanineHybrid is one to check out. I know two other awesome makers have made copywritten suits but they have been for personal use only and don't appear to be offered to the public. 

Edit: teh-oshi does a lot of copywritten characters as well. 

Your best bet is finding a style you like and asking if they will make mons. 

Edited by Misomie

2 hours ago, 6tails said:

Calling @Calemeyr to this thread so he can help Toshabi with finding Pokemon suit makers.

@Toshabi

If they're open, ask thecoopcosplay.tumblr.com. They made these. Cost? 5k for one of those. But they'll be closed for commissions for a while. But they may open later this year! I don't know about 3 months time, though. 

image.jpg.fa7babea0dd1e7d641a02cf0b4614f

I commissioned them for my Red XIII suit, should come to me next week: image.jpg.dac244324923808ff80278bb91b8b1

I totally recommend them. They really only do cosplay stuff, so it's "not too furry".

I don't get why some suitmakers say "no copyrighted characters". It's not like you're making a knockoff Disneyland suit.

is it because they're a suit business and could go out of business?

Edited by Calemeyr
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Calemeyr said:

@Toshabi

If they're open, ask thecoopcosplay.tumblr.com. They made these. Cost? 5k for one of those. But they'll be closed for commissions for a while. But they may open later this year! I don't know about 3 months time, though. 

image.jpg.fa7babea0dd1e7d641a02cf0b4614f

I commissioned them for my Red XIII suit, should come to me next week: image.jpg.dac244324923808ff80278bb91b8b1

I totally recommend them. They really only do cosplay stuff, so it's "not too furry".

I don't get why some suitmakers say "no copyrighted characters". It's not like you're making a knockoff Disneyland suit.

is it because they're a suit business and could go out of business?

I really dig the way those ones look. I'll bump em to see when they'll open up.

While I'm at it, do you know any suit makers that make toony suits? 

25 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

I really dig the way those ones look. I'll bump em to see when they'll open up.

While I'm at it, do you know any suit makers that make toony suits? 

Personally, I like Phoenixwolf and Autumn fallings. Their suits look like actual cartoon characters and not creepy, eyelidless humans with animal heads.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2016 at 8:41 PM, Calemeyr said:

Personally, I like Phoenixwolf and Autumn fallings. Their suits look like actual cartoon characters and not creepy, eyelidless humans with animal heads.

Phoenixwolf is looking right up my alley. Now's just the waiting game on when they open. Anyways, thanks a lot for your help!

Same to you @6tails

5 hours ago, Calemeyr said:

@Toshabi

They sure make some nice stuff.

47 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

As for the rest of y'all, go climb a wall of dicks and drown in a sea of cats.

I will ignore your edgy comment and wish you the best luck on finding a suitmaker to make your fursuit.

Edited by Maug

I am currently selling my glacier dragon suit, since I need to start saving up. If ya want it @Toshabi, it's $2000. It's up for auction until wed, on dealers den currently. http://www.thedealersden.com/listing/glacier-dragon-fullsuit-by-temperance/1212451450366489.temperance_glacier.thumb.jpg.

Edited by Calemeyr

Can you fags (@Maug @Half-Note) like, stahp? LAUGH OUT LOUDz! Take it to PM's you teenage vaginas so Toshabi can focus his efforts on getting a baracrocsuit. 

2 hours ago, Calemeyr said:

I am currently selling my glacier dragon suit, since I need to start saving up. If ya want it @Toshabi, it's $2000. It's up for auction until wed, on dealers den currently. http://www.thedealersden.com/listing/glacier-dragon-fullsuit-by-temperance/1212451450366489.temperance_glacier.thumb.jpg.

ATM, I'm looking for specifics, but thanks for the offer though. I'm kinda putting my finger on this taking a long time to get anyways, with how rarely suit commissions seem to open. Either or, I got monies in savings for when a suit maker pops open for work. 

Slightly off-topic, but has there been like any case where a company except maybe like Disney (since they're well Disney) cited a fursuit maker with some kind of C&D notice for making certain commissioned character suits? I mean considering the nature of the business and the fact that most generally don't advertise as "Pokemon suit makers" I doubt they're any more likely to be struck down than those assholes who airbrush crappy t-shirts with bugs bunny holding your name or something at the beach.

I figure most of the "no copyrighted character" disclaimers are just people paranoid and generally being too lazy to make anything too seemingly complicated since it's much easier to snag an easy $3000 by making fox fursuit #527 instead.

Also Crocanaws are qt so good luck n' all the stuff. A certain umm, "special someone" of mine is getting suit soon so I might end getting one too like 3-years from now or something...maybe...probably not. Still cute to think about though.

9 hours ago, 6tails said:

You should have tried putting it up on Furbuy. Suits have gone for nuts prices over there.

Furbuy is the FA of auction sites. I have a bid anyway on the suit. I don't trust them to process my membership in time.

9 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Slightly off-topic, but has there been like any case where a company except maybe like Disney (since they're well Disney) cited a fursuit maker with some kind of C&D notice for making certain commissioned character suits? I mean considering the nature of the business and the fact that most generally don't advertise as "Pokemon suit makers" I doubt they're any more likely to be struck down than those assholes who airbrush crappy t-shirts with bugs bunny holding your name or something at the beach.

I figure most of the "no copyrighted character" disclaimers are just people paranoid and generally being too lazy to make anything too seemingly complicated since it's much easier to snag an easy $3000 by making fox fursuit #527 instead.

Also Crocanaws are qt so good luck n' all the stuff. A certain umm, "special someone" of mine is getting suit soon so I might end getting one too like 3-years from now or something...maybe...probably not. Still cute to think about though.

I don't think anyone has. You're probably right about the paranoia. This is Furries we are talking about. The smaller makers say no because they don't want to lose their company. The bigger makers with cookie cutter suits (one fur all and mixed candy) are just lazy.

Edited by Calemeyr