I am slowly starting to hate bronies

Nova

Seriously they are going on my nerves.

I accepted them first but now i want to burn them with fire before they lay eggs.

They ponify every fucking cartoon series or game.

These sugarcunts even ponyfied undertale and steven universe. Even the furry fandom isnt so invasive as these rainbow fucks.

I really need a big weed now to calm down.

Edited by Nova
  • Like 3

Nobody blames you, even ED regard bronies as lower on the internet fandom totem pole than furries. People in general express the same attitude: tell a random person you are a furry, and they might think you are a little weird, tell them you are a brony, and you can literally see the disgust they feel inside on their face. The brony fandom's entire art style is unoriginal as it all revolves around the same show, with many of the fan characters being mere recolors, a good portion of the fandom is comprised of children and young teens, and they seem to attract a large number of people with autism. They also have a habit of infecting furry websites with their sub-par content and diluting our fandom with theirs, which caused quite a backlash from the furry community when they started in on FA in 2010. The fandom as a whole is arguably the worst of the worst, with the Tumblr community playing a close second. We should distance ourselves from them as much as possible.

• Like 6

'Brony' is a shit name to begin with. I mean, it spouted from the stupid 'bro' meme. And nothing good grows from meme culture.

But you know, hating bronies is just too much effort
Why do you even give a shit? Just ignore it and keep going with your life

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

'Brony' is a shit name to begin with. I mean, it spouted from the stupid 'bro' meme. And nothing good grows from meme culture.

But you know, hating bronies is just too much effort
Why do you even give a shit? Just ignore it and keep going with your life

Because they go on furry websites and spew their shitty, re-colored, sub-par "art" everywhere, to the point where people are beginning to group the two fandoms together, and it's annoying. It would be so refreshing if FA just banned all MLP "art" and put an end to it.

Edited by KryptoKroenen
  • Like 1

The show is nice in that it's positive and light hearted for kids as intended so I like it for that. However way back when i was in the fandom I slowly pulled away since much like @Rhíulchabán I grew resentful of how the fanbase was turning out to become as it grew. I mean there were a few things here and then like art of Luna and the song Lullaby for a Princess animation that were amazing to me ,however a side from that the forums and fanfiction became increasingly cringe worthy and thus why I inevitably left the show entirely.

Edited by Augmented Husky

I watched one episode of MLP because a friend of mine wanted me to see what it was like. For childish goodness it is a nice friendly little show from what I can tell. I really can not understand why it has blown up so big, but it seems been geeky is a popular thing now.

1 minute ago, Kinharia said:

I watched one episode of MLP because a friend of mine wanted me to see what it was like. For childish goodness it is a nice friendly little show from what I can tell. I really can not understand why it has blown up so big, but it seems been geeky is a popular thing now.

Being geeky is only popular among geeks. :P

I haven't really encountered any bronies online in some time now. I always hear that the fandom is getting bigger, but its presence in my internet circles has only gone down. I still watch the show and read the comics, but I no longer participate anywhere else. And the comics aren't always very good, so it's not like I'm blinded by fanboyism here.

I'm also not so hyperattached to a show that fanart of it in a style I don't like will piss me off. It's fanart. It's easy to ignore.

As a general rule, I don't really give a shit what you get your jollies off to as long as you keep it to yourself.

However, this simply courtesy is often too impossible for the majority of bronies, and as such, I unfortunately have to deal with them occasionally.

Frankly, for the most part, they're incredibly pathetic people. I won't speak in absolutes, but, of those I've encountered, they've all been some weird spergy person who can't stop going on about a show for 4 year old girls.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

Geek culture is a thing now.

WATCH OUT! POSERS ARE COMING!

Did you miss that news where Hot Topic tried to buy one of the big online geek culture retailers (they failed)? They got us goths, they'll get you too. Eventually Hot Topic will claim everything.

Posers, posers everywhere!

Edited by Clove Darkwave

As a former "brony" and professional cartoon-watching manchild let me give a little bit of perspective.

In the most general sense, furries and bronies are more or less identical. I mean seriously you bitch about how they "ponify" everything as if furries don't do the same fucking thing (just google "furry [character]" and see what happens). However bronies have one thing over furries that allowed them to reach autism supernova so quickly, unlike furries they're stupidity is concentrated one specific show sorta like a magnifying glass in the sun or something. Also they made a documentary talking about how they're like a serious social movement something which is just amazing.

I'm not even gonna talk about the irony in bitching about retarded fandoms while talking about how you watch Steven Universe.

Edited by PastryOfApathy
  • Like 2

You're a few years late.

Although I don't really understand why people have such an issue with ponification. Generally its done by people who are fans of both MLP and whatever it is they're ponifying. Is it so wrong that people combine things they like together? I think the general idea behind it is something to the effect of:

good thing + good thing = even better thing

I mean its not as if it actually taints either work. The original works still exist and all this is generally just fanmade stuff. Although the official show has taken some time to ponify some things of its own...

1454642151137.thumb.jpg.0d7693b85bc99d41

Edited by Battlechili
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

What the fuck?

Its real and official. From "Scare Master" in season 5. I don't know why. I think its kinda cool though. I like it when Western shows reference Japanese ones.

I don't know the details behind the reference though. I dropped off of the show in the middle of season 3 after getting bored with it and have just seen a few random episodes throughout since, that one not included. I just found out about it on /co/.

Edited by Battlechili

20 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Its real and official. From "Scare Master" in season 5. I don't know why. I think its kinda cool though. I like it when Western shows reference Japanese ones.

I don't know the details behind the reference though. I dropped off of the show in the middle of season 3 after getting bored with it and have just seen a few random episodes throughout since, that one not included. I just found out about it on /co/.

I personally bailed after the finale of season 3 since it was so unbelievably awful.

The ending erm..."speech" made me wince since it was some kind of brony-pandering garbage. Which is convenient since they literally did make a brony episode at some point that I tried to watch but couldn't fuckin' do it. I lasted like 5 minutes personally.

It only took a few days of exposure to cringy brony made pics for me to leave the fandom

The first 2 seasons were great but I couldn't bring myself to watch 3. The show had a serious downgrade when the crystal ponies were introduced

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snagged Cub said:

It only took a few days of exposure to cringy brony made pics for me to leave the fandom

The first 2 seasons were great but I couldn't bring myself to watch 3. The show had a serious downgrade when the crystal ponies were introduced

Don't think of the fandom too badly though, like the furry fandom they'll have their fair share of bad apples xD

Just now, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

Don't think of the fandom too badly though, like the furry fandom they'll have their fair share of bad apples xD

I'd have left furry fandom too if I thought only bad people matter

In the end, I left because I didn't like the fan creations and the community revolving around the show. I only liked the show itself

3 hours ago, Nova said:

Bronies dont even try to draw original they use template from the show and recolor them.

There are only few who dont use fucking cunty flippy dippy mlg shitty cookey templates.

it really is funny to have a furry bitch about the drawings of another fandom, as if there weren't templates or just awful artists in the furry random. I've been to FA. it's kind of a nightmare.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

As a former "brony" and professional cartoon-watching manchild let me give a little bit of perspective.

In the most general sense, furries and bronies are more or less identical. I mean seriously you bitch about how they "ponify" everything as if furries don't do the same fucking thing (just google "furry [character]" and see what happens). However bronies have one thing over furries that allowed them to reach autism supernova so quickly, unlike furries they're stupidity is concentrated one specific show sorta like a magnifying glass in the sun or something. Also they made a documentary talking about how they're like a serious social movement something which is just amazing.

I'm not even gonna talk about the irony in bitching about retarded fandoms while talking about how you watch Steven Universe.

Furries are worse than Bronies. 

A Brony convention has never been banned because the convention goers smeared shit filled diapers all over the hotel and peoples cars. 

Edited by #00Buck

8 minutes ago, Newt said:

The fact that people are hating on bronies for making "sub-par art" is hilarious to me. Have you browsed FA? Most of the art is terrible and/or perverse.

But at least the style and subject of said furry art is original and most of the time well-versed. MLP characters as an art subject guarantee sub-par art from the beginning.

I have like, one Brony friend but he just watches the show and videos on Youtube.

10 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

A Brony convention has never been banned because the convention goers smeared shit filled diapers all over the hotel and peoples cars. 

there was an STD scare at either the first or second Bronycon. give it time

14 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Give 'em time.

Just now, #00Buck said:

How does a bunch of virgins get an STD? 

Never underestimate the desperation of horny virgins.

• Like 1

Just now, #00Buck said:

How does a bunch of virgins get an STD? 

by attempting to have awkward sex. basically from what I remember reading, there was a rumored orgy that went on in the hotel and a bunch of people got crabs. whether it actually happened or not idk but it was hilarious to see people lose their shit over it on tumblr

3 minutes ago, willow said:

by attempting to have awkward sex. basically from what I remember reading, there was a rumored orgy that went on in the hotel and a bunch of people got crabs. whether it actually happened or not idk but it was hilarious to see people lose their shit over it on tumblr

So they didn't get laid and still got crabs? 

Yo that's inept son. 

That's like trying to masturbate and breaking your wist. 

• Like 1