Autistic suicidal Trans man murdered by police

Crazy Lee

1 minute ago, KryptoKroenen said:

The colors of a realist? Good.

First you say, "Minorities do amount to a fair (no, LARGE) number in the crime statistics that is much correct" and then you say, "police fatalities are far more common in the US than anywhere else regardless of colouration and ethnicity." You are contradicting yourself, the fatalities cannot be "regardless off" ethnicity if you admit to the fact that certain ethnic groups contribute significantly to the number of fatalities, and that this number would therefore drop if said ethnic groups were non-existent. ALSO you completely ignore what Buck said, that "Many EU countries are tiny and insignificant compared with the US." OF COURSE the fatality rates are going to be higher in the US considering we have a much higher population than any EU country, that's why you have to look at the percentages, not the numbers. And percentage-wise, judging by the crime statistics from the DOJ, if you removed all non-white ethnic groups from the picture we would have a crime and police fatality rate equal to that of your average European group.

Belgium has 11 million people. 

New York City has 8.5 million. That's just one American city. 

Your EU statistics are meaningless. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

You're wrong. The police forces in Afghanistan and Iraq  have far more fatalities than any other police forces on the planet right now. 

Speaking of the middle east I like the way you totally avoided responding to my suicide bomber scenario as it illustrates very clearly that you have no clue what "pre-emptive" and "self-defence" actually mean. 

"At this point you are just intentionally missing the point to incite a reaction"

2 minutes ago, KryptoKroenen said:

The colors of a realist? Good.

First you say, "Minorities do amount to a fair (no, LARGE) number in the crime statistics that is much correct" and then you say, "police fatalities are far more common in the US than anywhere else regardless of colouration and ethnicity." You are contradicting yourself, the fatalities cannot be "regardless off" ethnicity if you admit to the fact that certain ethnic groups contribute significantly to the number of fatalities, and that this number would therefore drop if said ethnic groups were non-existent. ALSO you completely ignore what Buck said, that "Many EU countries are tiny and insignificant compared with the US." OF COURSE the fatality rates are going to be higher in the US considering we have a much higher population than any EU country, that's why you have to look at the percentages, not the numbers. And percentage-wise, judging by the crime statistics from the DOJ, if you removed all non-white ethnic groups from the picture we would have a crime and police fatality rate equal to that of your average European group.

I did say "if you crunch the numbers"

And I do have to ask you this, did you read that big post of mine?

I punched in numbers into my trusty calculator, and if funland had been as big as US, we would've only had 177 police caused fatalities in the span of ten years, as opposed to 990 of 2015 US statistic alone. You can deduct your minorities as much as you want but you still won't get close

1 minute ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

"At this point you are just intentionally missing the point to incite a reaction"

I punched in numbers into my trusty calculator, and if funland had been as big as US, we would've only had 177 police caused fatalities in the span of ten years, as opposed to 990 of 2015 US statistic alone. You can deduct your minorities as much as you want but you still won't get close

The algorithm for determining the crime rates is so much more complicated than that. You can't just increase the population size, increase the fatality size corresponding to it, subtract ethnicity, and BOOM you got the answer. There are so many other factors that need to be taken into consideration to solve a political equation like that, factors that you and your "trusty calculator" can't solve on your own. There is one simple fact though, the crime rates would plummet massively if minorities were out of the picture, just saying.

2 minutes ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

You have to love how people from tiny insignificant european nations with tiny populations and zero influence on the world like to think they are so important. 

The population of Finland is 5 million. My city has more people than that. 

If your numbers are low it's because NOBODY LIVES THERE!!!

10 minutes ago, KryptoKroenen said:

The algorithm for determining the crime rates is so much more complicated than that. You can't just increase the population size, increase the fatality size corresponding to it, subtract ethnicity, and BOOM you got the answer. There are so many other factors that need to be taken into consideration to solve a political equation like that, factors that you and your "trusty calculator" can't solve on your own. There is one simple fact though, the crime rates would plummet massively if minorities were out of the picture, just saying.

10 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

You have to love how people from tiny insignificant european nations with tiny populations and zero influence on the world like to think they are so important. 

The population of Finland is 5 million. My city has more people than that. 

If your numbers are low it's because NOBODY LIVES THERE!!!

It's been a wild ride boys, but I think I'll hop out now since you two are trying way too hard.

Was fun, ta ta

2 minutes ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

It's been a wild ride boys, but I think I'll hop out now since you two are trying way too hard.

Was fun, ta ta

Finland has such a small population that pissing off Coffeecup actually make their national statistics on depression go up by 15%. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

I love how threads like this blows out of proportion and derails into oblivion

Yes, which is why, I'm also going to have to ask the posters to refocus on the topic at hand. Any arguments that don't directly talk about this please take 'em to PMs. 

5 hours ago, KryptoKroenen said:

I think this post pretty much exposes Rassah's true character, nothing more need be said.

I'm pretty sure everyone is already aware that I'm anti-authoritarian, am against military dictators whether they're Hitler, Stalin, or anyone in between, and don't care for any kind of hints of military dictatorships popping up anywhere in the world. My family and I have had enough personal experience with that shit.

5 hours ago, 6tails said:

As if the perpetuation of the new-style Ponzi Scheme that is Bitcoin wasn't enough of an indicator?

Oh you're so precious! :D Meanwhile $200 million more was invested into Bitcoin startups just this past month.

1 hour ago, 6tails said:

$200M what? USD? Zimbabwe Dollars? Euros? Renmibi?. Also, that's just a piss in the ocean to people with real money. To boot, just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it impressive.

I am pretty sure that the sign for Euro is €, not $

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 6tails said:

You have zero room to speak/bitch on thread derailing, looking at the Bye-Bye Bitcoin thread. Sit your soggy butt down and suck it up, buttercup.

I'll have you know that I have made every effort to keep the Toronto Chinese Food Meetup thread on topic.

Edited by AshleyAshes

3 hours ago, 6tails said:

$200M what? USD? Zimbabwe Dollars? Euros? Renmibi?

So, you know I live in US, and have a US keyboard, but you have to ask? No, it's not Canadian dollars. Sorry $200 million in a month isn't impressive for you. Most people never see that much money. And it's about at the level that early internet was getting back when it was starting up too. Also, sorry you don't know money, investing, and hedging enough to think that when one asset falls, others fall with it. In fact, when currencies fall, bitcoin tends to go up quite a bit. It's killing in Argentina and Russia now.

But, on the topic of police violence, as I mentioned, police get their money by force (we have to pay taxes, and they take it through fines, tickets, and asset forfeiture). So, not only does their quality of service not depend on their pay, they actually get paid more by extorting us. I'm hoping defunding local governments by making tax shelters available to everyone will get rid of the current structure, and force police to depend on us funding them directly. If they do stupid shit like beat and shoot people, it'll be much for difficult for them to collect a paycheck.

Edited by Rassah

19 minutes ago, Rassah said:

But, on the topic of police violence, as I mentioned, police get their money by force (we have to pay taxes, and they take it through fines, tickets, and asset forfeiture). So, not only does their quality of service not depend on their pay, they actually get paid more by extorting us. I'm hoping defunding local governments by making tax shelters available to everyone will get rid of the current structure, and force police to depend on us funding them directly. If they do stupid shit like beat and shoot people, it'll be much for difficult for them to collect a paycheck.

How do "tax shelters" cut police income from fines, tickets and asset forfeiture?

Cutting the tax part of their income can kill them, it can make them be nicer, it can make them worse (more 'extortion' through finex, tickets etc).

In the worse case it can lead to them being worse in a stable situation, in a 'police is getting worse and worse and our fighting back is failing' or maaaaaybe in a 'police got worse and worse until we kicked their asses' situation.

Edit: beside the question of legitimate government service.

Edited by Toboe

Since you guys cannot seem to disengage about bitcoin, any thread that gets derailed by bitcoin outside of the bitcoin thread or PMs will be locked. Any user that brings it up or baits it will be infrac'd. This is ridiculous, and I warned you people literally 11 posts above this.

• Guest locked this topic