Do many people want fursuits?

DrDingo

If money wasn't an issue, would you get a fursuit?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these best describes your attitude towards getting a fursuit/partial?

• Definitely!
    • Shamefully, I kinda might.
    • I don't know.
    • Eh, probably not.
    • Nopenopenope never
    • I already own one.
    • I don't care.

It seems to be quite common on this site for people to want these things. Which is a tad surprising.
So we're gonna do a science experiment to see who gives a shit about fluffy costumes.

I know people get picky, so the poll has a gazillion options. To spare your dignity, voter names are hidden.
Let's get this poll rolling.

Are fursuits exciting, boring or icky? And do you care?

I would most likely get one if I could afford to spend a decent amount to get a well put together suit so I don't end up in that other thread 

Luckily I have a fair chunk of change saved up for one I think most people would want one if

A the construction of it was great so it wouldn't be something used as a meme

B they could afford to spend the money on it without having to worry about finances in the future

C they are active in the community IE meets and cons 

• Like 3

Holy hell. There's a really sharp majority on 'Definitely'.

But that might be because the thread is fresh and the people who have already found this thread like hanging around The Den.

Still, you surprise me Phoenix. In a kind of good-ish way.

Used to, I'd say no. I think most of them look really creepy. But after being introduced to Japanese fursuits, I've found that some of them are pretty cute and to be honest I wouldn't mind having one and/or wearing one if it was one of those cute things.

So I'll say it depends. 

• Like 1

I'm definitely not interested in getting one. I kinda want a tail, but that's the most I think I'd ever do. Suits are too expensive for quality ones first of all (I'd never be able to settle for anything less than a good one), and I will never be the type to go to cons dressed up, maybe to observe (if I could be convinced at all).

Edited by Kinare

I have two partials, but I want a fullsuit eventually. It's not a matter of money for me, it's a matter of finding something that really "clicks". I don't want to commission a fursuit in case I'm unsatisfied with it, and I don't really have a character in mind anyway. I just watch auctions to see if anything I love comes up. Unfortunately, every auction I was interested in so far wouldn't fit me due to height issues. I'm too tall for them. Oh well, maybe someday.

9 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I have a similar predicament, except that money is important. x3 I just wouldn't be able to decide exactly which animal I wanted. 

Picking an animal is really tough, and part of the reason I can't decide on a character. A deer, ram, bear, bull, sabertooth tiger, tiger, lion, and donkey all kind of appeal to me, but I can't decide.

• Like 1

Sort of, but not really. A lot of fursuits look really creepy or same-y and considering my thing is a more "uncommon" species it'd probably end up looking really crap.

That said, I wouldn't mind getting one of it was really cute like one of those Japanese suits. Also if I had someone to use it with irl. 

I voted too early without reading all the choices. Mine should have been "already have one" not "definitely" that said I too am surprised so many people want one here, I always got the "screw that furfag shit" vibe from this place. It's refreshing since its my favorite aspect of the fandom :o) im just about done with a fullsuit for my second fursona, I'll post pics soon :o)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

*COUGHplugswebsiteCOUGH*

If my quality is offputting and you arent in the market right now, keep an eye on me! My suits are getting better all the time :P (plus I do payment plans :D) 

17 hours ago, Feverish said:

Yeah I'd actually try to make my own fursuit if I had the supplies and money, talent and time. 

If anyone needs a list of materials, tutorials, cost, or time estimates.  

I'd love one! Actually two: One of my main Fursona, Simo, a striped Skunk, and one of my Fossa incarnation. Hopefully, in time, I'll be able to save for this, or, possibly, find the time to learn to make them.

But it looks like tons of fun; I like the aspects of playfulness and anonymity, and at two cons I have been too, people seem to have a great time with it. Plus, I like hugs, and giving them, and getting them...and fluffy ones are very nice. And I don't mind outfits that are warm and confining; in fact, they have always appealed to me...so no problem there.

Can't wait to be going about in one, making people happy, scared and confused.

I'm making my first partial, it took me a good few years of slowly buying the ingredients to build it, and so far I'm pretty happy with it. Only the head and feet are done so far. I'd done volunteer mascot work in the past, so I'm a-ok work suiting and generally acting like a fuzzy, huggable jackass.

In about a year, I should be ready to take commissions for suit partials. Right now I take commissions for tails to practice and get overhead for more building. It's equal parts daunting and exciting!

I'm gonna be a fluffy excitable dinosaur and ain't nobody stopping me.

Edited by littlerock
autocorrectose intolerance
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

What is this nonsense about fursuits!!! You do not own a fursuit. You think ANTHROPOMORPHIC FAUNA are really cute and enchanting and all, but it has never occurred to you to dress as one. Sure, it is fun to imagine what it would be like to run wild with a pack of wolves, or purr and frolic with a litter of kittens, but dressing up as an animal just seems ridiculous. It would still just be a silly girl draped in a raggedy synthetic tufty piece of crap, and seriously who are you trying to kid with that sort of baloney!

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

I used to have enough money saved up for a fursuit. Then Brexit was decided and the value of the pound declined, so now I don't.

._.

I know how you can make money!

Bank robbery.

The value of the pound is so low the banks probably won't even care if you just walk in and take a bunch of cash to buy a fursuit with. 

• Like 1

I honestly really want to have a furstuit of U-235 made. I just really feel it'd be a lot of fun and I've always found dressing up for different identities or persona's to be fun. Like I've got an outfit (granted it's just a gas mask and sunglasses and business suit) for an electronic group I'm part of and my name in it is Redox. So I mean maybe to some people it's a bit odd and hard to understand, but for me personally it seems enjoyable and like something I'd have a lot of fun doing, and I'm more than willing, when able, to spare the cost and care it requires. Also I've attached the picture of me as Redox.

Redox.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, U-235 said:

I honestly really want to have a furstuit of U-235 made. I just really feel it'd be a lot of fun and I've always found dressing up for different identities or persona's to be fun. Like I've got an outfit (granted it's just a gas mask and sunglasses and business suit) for an electronic group I'm part of and my name in it is Redox. So I mean maybe to some people it's a bit odd and hard to understand, but for me personally it seems enjoyable and like something I'd have a lot of fun doing, and I'm more than willing, when able, to spare the cost and care it requires. Also I've attached the picture of me as Redox.

~snip~

Awesome look dude.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've always been really interested in getting a suit, but if I ever were to get one, it would be well after I've made the changes to my 'sona that I want to and also have let those set in to see whether I'm happy then I'd consider it assuming that finances permit. Which may be a long way away from now due to other financial commitments. Otherwise, I'd looove one.