Do many people want fursuits?

DrDingo

If money wasn't an issue, would you get a fursuit?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these best describes your attitude towards getting a fursuit/partial?

• Definitely!
    • Shamefully, I kinda might.
    • I don't know.
    • Eh, probably not.
    • Nopenopenope never
    • I already own one.
    • I don't care.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think it would be funny and absurd to wear a fursuit to a metal core show and flail around in the pit with the other moshers. I don't know if a fursuit could take that kind of motion though, and with any Cleveland shows there is always that one guy who likes to push "hardcore dance" kids over when they start flailing.

I can't imagine myself getting deep enough into the fandom to want one but if I did get fur suit then getting the head shape right for a decent anthro weasel look would mean looking through the nostrils at the end of a felt covered plastic cone head so crap for vision, jaw will be full of 3D printed teeth and might have electronics in for simulated fierce squeaks.

The upper body would likely be made by me from two thin breastplate shaped bits of plastic (front and back) with slightly thicker felt on, similar with the legs in that regard, and separate more flexible plastic for the lower body to allow for bending.

Hands and feet would likely be felt covered gloves and zip up boots. Tail would just be a tube of loose felt that hangs low so not to be bumped into.

To finish the whole Frensel outfit I'd carry two curvy foam long dagger things plus have a belt on with plastic scabbards for those to go in.