[Closed] I'll Draw People

Teto

Taking requests is a lot of fun and I enjoy doing it. Send me your characters!

Edit: I think for now I'm going to switch to the commission game. Hit me up on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/GorgeousWolve?s=09

List of fulfilled requests:

You'll do well after some practice runs I bet. Good luck.

https://www.furaffinity.net/view/18223677/

He's a hybrid, a nomadic wolf always on the wing. Shy and reclusive, he's a bit soft spoken and wary of new people but oftentimes friendly and fiercely loyal of close companions, often a vivid and bright spark of positivity and fearlessness.

A headshot piece would be cool. (In feral he has more feathery characteristics, as a Griffon vulture would) 

https://www.furaffinity.net/view/18733645/

So would a full body with the clothing on the ref, havent gotten one of that yet (I have some other outfits somewhere but that one is fine)

https://www.furaffinity.net/view/17842028/

https://www.furaffinity.net/view/18757625/

Have at it if you wish!

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

Oh! Thank you for the offer and good luck practicing! I'd love for you to give my Nessie a try ;)

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/18906426/#cid:105029795

neasor is based after the loch ness monster and as such i cant give you the species. He is reptilian though. Nessie is a shy lad that enjoys swimming and mythology even more so mythical water creatures of which he collects figurines. 

He wears an argyle highlander hat and a kilt. That reflect a bit of a military intrrest, even though nessie himself is too kindhearted to hurt anyone. 

Haven't done colour for either of these because I don't have the patience or time left in the day, and my focus was mainly on practicing and trying out my sketching skills.

@WolfNightV4X1

Here's yours. I did better than I thought I would, but I don't think I really captured your character with the tired, almost stoner pose I ended up with. They don't seem as quiet as you described them. Hope representing your t-shirt brings it back somewhat though?

stGfiZ0.jpg

@Rhíulchabán

Here. It's not obvious that his left arm is meant to be underneath the cloak, out of the way, and easier to avoid drawing. A lot of the figure is obscured, but I still feel like it comes across alright.

PcOoicY.jpg

I'll give Caledonian (can I call you Callie) a go tomorrow or later, and then maybe Stalin, or anybody else who shows up. This was a lot of fun, and I feel right now that I could definitely continue it.

Edited by Teto
  • Like 5

Not bad Tito...and yeah you could say he isnt shy, he's the kind of guy thats comfortable amongst a group of friends, but hey who isnt? The expression works fine its rather chill, and always did ike the peace sign hand pose ^.^ Fantastic job!

Also the hair looks like mine, lol. Awesome!

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

On 2/8/2016 at 1:44 PM, Caledonian said:

Oh! Thank you for the offer and good luck practicing! I'd love for you to give my Nessie a try ;)

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/18906426/#cid:105029795

neasor is based after the loch ness monster and as such i cant give you the species. He is reptilian though. Nessie is a shy lad that enjoys swimming and mythology even more so mythical water creatures of which he collects figurines. 

He wears an argyle highlander hat and a kilt. That reflect a bit of a military intrrest, even though nessie himself is too kindhearted to hurt anyone. 

Doing some sketches of yours right now, and I think the hat is a Glengarry (which I didn't know until I looked up the term you used)? Apart from being a military thing, which you mentioned, it's also worn by people in pipe bands, so you could even characterise Nessie as a piper, just for the hell of it. I'm getting used to how much you already know about this kind of stuff though, so I've got to shake my habit of talking down, because you likely know more about a lot of things these things than I do.

JkwPNFC.jpg

Here's my first one, without the hat so far, because I just wanted to figure out how your character should look. I based them off a Plesiosaur at first, because apparently that's what believers of Nessie most commonly think it would be. Plesiosaurs are ugly as hell though, so I brought the mouth in a bit. I don't know if shirtless is your character's casual wear, but I gave them a Ghillie Shirt, which I always see as being the chilled-out, casual alternative to wearing a waistcoat and jacket with your kilt.

Partly out of personal interest, got any preference on tartan when/if I draw him with a kilt? Since I'm working in black and white it'll just mean I draw it darker or lighter. You generally inherit your tartan from your mother's side apparently, which is why I have a MacDonald tartan kilt (dress modern, to be exact). I've always liked how yellow Buchanan tartans are.

• Like 1

@Caledonian

Here's the last one I'll do (for now at least). Ended up as a general lizard-looking dude, but it works out, right? Meant to be a kind of leaning pose but I cut the back too close in, so it looks awkward. Buuuut it's done with.

AyJbYCr.jpg

Edited by Teto
  • Like 3

On 2/9/2016 at 4:05 AM, 6tails said:

I'm down, why not? I'm just a black and white six-tailed kitsune, with the black only present on eartips and tailtips. I wear a labcoat, and I have brown eyes (though you said B/W so that's not important!)

Trying a portrait right now, any prompts for facial expression or anything? So far it's feeling kind of bland, and I want to shake up what I'm doing, rather than relying on these neutral faces (and I have to break out of this left-facing 3/4 angle thing)

10 minutes ago, RTDragon said:

I wonder if your still doing these you do a good job at drawing lizards.

Yeah, I'm still open for more requests from anybody. You'd be third in line right now after 6tails and Sidewalk. It might take me a while, or eternity, but I'll notify you with an @ or a quote when I'm done (thumbs up emoji)

edit: oh yeah, and link me any references, tell me whatever background you like, and maybe even a little prompt for what you'd like, keeping in mind my limitations.

Edited by Teto

Just now, Teto said:

Trying a portrait right now, any prompts for facial expression or anything? So far it's feeling kind of bland, and I want to shake up what I'm doing, rather than relying on these neutral faces.

Yeah, I'm still open for more requests from anybody. You'd be third in line right now after 6tails and Sidewalk. It might take me a while, or eternity, but I'll notify you with an @ or a quote when I'm done (thumbs up emoji)

Alright here's a simple ref of my character since these are sketches there's no need for color references.

https://www.furaffinity.net/view/17179099/

Well hope you have fun with it. If you want to do an art trade then let me know.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2016 at 9:24 AM, lovefurry said:

Ever thought about drawing a whole comic?

The only furries I've drawn this year are in this thread, if that's any indicator of my work output, so a comic would be a stretch. I did a lot of little diary comics around Hourly Comic Day, but apart from that, nothing. I'm studying art, but I haven't been doing art for long, and haven't worked up the discipline to really excel. I have no kind of routine, and so I fall into distraction very easily. It's something I'm working on, and hope I can overcome before too long. Early days.

Comics would be something I'd love to do though. It's my dream to make lots of really goofy romance comics where the characters almost have sex every time, but swerve for some reason or another. Like one of them gets really engrossed in a Google search during foreplay and starts reading out lots of really interesting world war 2 facts until all desire is lost, and then the other one goes to make toast and the comic ends. Blissfully mundane stuff like that which piss people off with their lack of fantasy.

Edited by Teto

• 4 weeks later...

@6tails and @Sidewalk Surfboard take 2. SS, your dude looked kind of miserable and small-bodied so you got a little goofier one too. 6tails is stuck with the suave face because apparently that's all I can do today. Does it even fit your character?

tumblr_o63ti7BdSF1shhh1lo1_1280.jpg

also here's one that I did for someone on tumblr that turned out nice so I'm putting it here (though I don't know how they can breathe with necks that thin)

tumblr_o63mywv0UQ1shhh1lo1_1280.jpg

Requests are still open. RTDragon hasn't been online since March so I'm skipping them. MuttButt next.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rabbit Head said:

http://rabbitmaskedman.deviantart.com/art/Me-518223745

Dry drawing me!

As for suggestions,  maybe make him a little less miserable looking? 

Your art is super good. I'll give it a go!

Just finished the one for @MuttButt Same pose again, same direction, etc etc. Hopefully I'll get more dynamic, but I'll stick with this for now.

tumblr_o63v6w8POY1shhh1lo1_1280.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ArielMT said:

Would you be willing and adventurous enough to give a desc without ref art a go?  If so, I have a dronesona, Bea the quadcopter kitty.

Yeah, tbh I barely adhere to references anyway. People tell me they're a tiger/otter and I ended up just drawing tigers and forgetting the otter part. That's the beauty of not being paid. I'll try it out.

edit: I wrote this before looking at the description lmao. Dronesona. Why did they never catch on?

@ArielMT

I'd like to draw her with at least some of her accessories but so far here's a suave calico cat, and I actually drew a different angle for once. I can't really figure out how to draw arms very well, nevermind what drone propellers would look like folded, and how the jacket would be constructed to strap them in when they're not in use. I like her though, she's a pioneer and she has the somewhat cocky personality to match, so I have fun actually drawing her with this face. I'm going to go back to her now, and get at least the scarf and jacket in. If you know the kind of scarf, hat, and jacket she'd wear, send them over. "crushed bomber hat" is a bit vague for me, I just imagined a worn out bomber hat that comes up on Google, as if it'd been passed down by a grandparent who flew planes in the war.

tumblr_o63zdfzKAB1shhh1lo1_540.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Teto said:

@ArielMT

I'd like to draw her with at least some of her accessories but so far here's a suave calico cat, and I actually drew a different angle for once. I can't really figure out how to draw arms very well, nevermind what drone propellers would look like folded, and how the jacket would be constructed to strap them in when they're not in use. I like her though, she's a pioneer and she has the somewhat cocky personality to match, so I have fun actually drawing her with this face. I'm going to go back to her now, and get at least the scarf and jacket in. If you know the kind of scarf, hat, and jacket she'd wear, send them over. "crushed bomber hat" is a bit vague for me, I just imagined a worn out bomber hat that comes up on Google, as if it'd been passed down by a grandparent who flew planes in the war.

That's pretty much it; a crushed bomber is the kind of hat Baloo from TaleSpin and Colonel Hogan from Hogan's Heroes wear.  The jacket is a duster, the long and usually tan trench coat-like jacket cowboys wear.

Anything that wasn't in the description, I either have no preference on or don't even know myself, most likely both.  Whatever you're imagining is probably right.

1 hour ago, MuttButt said:

That's mad groovy, I like your style <3

It was fun to do. If I took another crack at it, I'd try and make the nose less blocky. It looks so heavy on his face.

5 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Doesn't look that bad at all, really.

I think it's the fact that I can usually read a lot of movement and energy in my drawings which doesn't find it's way into the nose in that drawing. The energy just flatlines. I sense a kind of 'emotional dead zone' there that I can't put my finger on. As if my eye dances everywhere but there.

1 minute ago, 6tails said:

Well, perhaps a second POV would help. What gets me is the length of the muzzle going to the nose. It seems a bit too long, or perhaps the top of it is not long enough to make the nose fully fit. Kinda similar to the muzzle on my drawing, though that's more an issue of the overall muzzle size in relation to species.

The long noses is something I noticed yeah, it's probably that which throws off Mutt's drawing. Yours doesn't bother me as much because the line is fun to run my eye along, but it's definitely the main point that makes him less like your actual character.

4 minutes ago, ArielMT said:

At the risk of drifting off topic, I just want to say your current avatar rocks as well. :3

(thanks!)

@ArielMT Had a break and lost the flow I had with the more detailed drawings, so here's a goofy Bea. Getting specific with the propellers felt like too much detail so I just hinted in some sockets on her elbows.

tumblr_o647637T251shhh1lo1_1280.jpg

Also yeah that's the opposite of crushed but I forgot that part oops

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Teto said:

@ArielMT Had a break and lost the flow I had with the more detailed drawings, so here's a goofy Bea. Getting specific with the propellers felt like too much detail so I just hinted in some sockets on her elbows.

tumblr_o647637T251shhh1lo1_1280.jpg

Also yeah that's the opposite of crushed but I forgot that part oops

Yeah, flow is hard to get back once distracted by anything.  You did good.

@Newt

AzARmfw.jpg

lizard bab, can you tell I totally forgot to draw spines/spikes and then just drew a bunch of itterations, the top right of which was the version where I include a thumb to go with the four spikes/fingers.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

@FenrirDarkWolf @Endless/Nameless

I'm back, I don't forget. Fenrir is maybe close. Endless, I did 3 of you because your character is more up to interpretation.

tumblr_oa2rmt3WuT1v9oacko1_1280.jpg

Endie/Namie, I kept thinking of Andy Warhol when I was looking at your refs

609.jpg

+Rabbit Head, if you're reading this, I'll do yours once I've managed to get the character down. She's not fitting a neutral pose, so I'll be playing around a while.

• Like 2