New low US Police

Kinharia

1 hour ago, Khaki said:

I thought those windows were supposed to be rated for taking that type of projectile that being said,

I'm pretty sure the fun police (ATF) has already put a ban on AP ammunition, making your own on the other hand..

Also Improvised shaped charges or IEDs should be more effective however, since it's not designed for that sort of abuse.

I'm not aware of any type of bullet-proof glass in existence being able to stop a .50 BMG.

And no, armor piercing ammo isn't illegal, just some types. See: https://www.nraila.org/articles/20121206/batfe-taking-comments-on-sporting-purposes-exemption-to-armor-piercing-ammunition-law-until-dec-31

You can get some here, all types: http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=armor+piercing

nobody here is worth engaging in a gun control debate with

nobody

also america is pretty great if you ignore the the television and news entirely and worry about changing stuff that actually affects your life instead of playing some badge polishing world saving ironically xenophobic dickhead. but that isnt any fun on the internet now is it?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Azure said:

nobody here is worth engaging in a gun control debate with

nobody

also america is pretty great if you ignore the the television and news entirely and worry about changing stuff that actually affects your life instead of playing some badge polishing world saving ironically xenophobic dickhead. but that isnt any fun on the internet now is it?

So basically what you're saying is...

Be stupid
Be happy?

8 hours ago, KryptoKroenen said:

.50 BMG says "Fuck You" to those bullet-proof windows. ;) In fact, you could probably buy armor-piercing ammo for your average hunting rifle to make it pierce that thing...er...the windows at least.

To be fair, not very many people carry around the kind of ridiculously powerful elephant gun that could actually utilize that kind of high-powered ammunition.

3 hours ago, AlexInsane said:

Be stupid
Be happy?

No, it means every country has problems and America is no different. If you spend your entire life freaking out over things you have little to no control over you're going to be fucking miserable. Instead, focus on the problems you can actually help solve and accept that the the world is filled with shitty things that you can't stop no matter how much you bitch on the internet about them.

Besides when you really think about it us American's have it pretty damn lucky. Out of all the countries in the world we could have possibly been born in, we at the very least lucked out enough to not grow up in a complete and utter shithole like Congo, or N. Korea or something.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KryptoKroenen said:

I'm not aware of any type of bullet-proof glass in existence being able to stop a .50 BMG.

And no, armor piercing ammo isn't illegal, just some types. See: https://www.nraila.org/articles/20121206/batfe-taking-comments-on-sporting-purposes-exemption-to-armor-piercing-ammunition-law-until-dec-31

You can get some here, all types: http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=armor+piercing

Ah ok, I was just reading about those Lenco Bearcats that the police use, supposedly they're rated for taking a 12.7mm round.

Also since that article was made in 2012, does that mean the BATF actually accepted the "sporting use" reason for the ownership of AP rounds?

I'm just trying to find some information on it, but I'm reading conflicting information here ranging from banning of FMJs and AP rounds to the legal ownership of AP rounds

and the ATF website is very vague on those details.

But if what you say is true, it's good to hear

6 hours ago, Rassah said:

The guys from my native country have demonstrated how to deal with those things using nothing more than gasoline, beer bottles, and old shirts, all items in large abundance here.

Do you know what exactly happened to that BTR and to whether the crew survived?

It just looked like they had blinded the driver and possibly suffocated the air intake with fire causing it to stall. (Though I thought later Soviet armoured vehicles were designed to resist that after their clash with the Finns.)

3 hours ago, Khaki said:

Ah ok, I was just reading about those Lenco Bearcats that the police use, supposedly they're rated for taking a 12.7mm round.

Also since that article was made in 2012, does that mean the BATF actually accepted the "sporting use" reason for the ownership of AP rounds?

I'm just trying to find some information on it, but I'm reading conflicting information here ranging from banning of FMJs and AP rounds to the legal ownership of AP rounds

and the ATF website is very vague on those details.

But if what you say is true, it's good to hear

There are a few articles https://www.policeone.com/SWAT/articles/6747750-SHOT-Show-2014-Lenco-Armored-Vehicles-offer-serious-protection/ and they all say that the ARMOR can take a direct hit from a 50 BMG, not the glass. So basically, if you and your group are taking on one of these loaded up with a SWAT team in a SHTF scenario, just put a shot through the glass with a 50 BMG or an AP hunting round (.308, 30-06), kill the driver, and they are sitting ducks. If the SWAT team in the back chooses to stay in, toss in a molotov through the cracked window and its gg....if they come barreling out the back, have two or three friends with iron-sights already on the back doors, mowing them down as they come. Basically, a small group of well-trained people could take out of these things and everyone in it.

6 hours ago, Saxon said:

I'll make a whole new thread for you if you agree to post your sources. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribalism and being a Wikipedia article, all sources used at at the bottom. If you want to respond further simply PM me so as to not derail the thread.

Edited by KryptoKroenen

7 hours ago, Khaki said:

Do you know what exactly happened to that BTR and to whether the crew survived?

It just looked like they had blinded the driver and possibly suffocated the air intake with fire causing it to stall.

The engine and people air intake was engulfed in flames and smoke, and the tires melted causing the whole thing to drop and get stuck. The two guys inside had to open the top hatch and bail out through the flames. Serves those fucks right, cause if the barricade didn't stop them, they would have plowed right into the crowd on the other side.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KryptoKroenen said:

There are a few articles https://www.policeone.com/SWAT/articles/6747750-SHOT-Show-2014-Lenco-Armored-Vehicles-offer-serious-protection/ and they all say that the ARMOR can take a direct hit from a 50 BMG, not the glass. So basically, if you and your group are taking on one of these loaded up with a SWAT team in a SHTF scenario, just put a shot through the glass with a 50 BMG or an AP hunting round (.308, 30-06), kill the driver, and they are sitting ducks. If the SWAT team in the back chooses to stay in, toss in a molotov through the cracked window and its gg....if they come barreling out the back, have two or three friends with iron-sights already on the back doors, mowing them down as they come. Basically, a small group of well-trained people could take out of these things and everyone in it.

Ah righto, according to wiki, it reckoned the windows were rated otherwise, wouldn't surprise me if this is incorrect however, as for playing armchair guerrilla, if you're

able to organise a group with such ordinance, why not go full bottle and scrounge up a 20mm rifle or see about making a recoilless?

1 hour ago, Rassah said:

The engine and people air intake was engulfed in flames and smoke, and the tires melted causing the whole thing to drop and get stuck. The two guys inside had to open the top hatch and bail out through the flames. Serves those fucks right, cause if the barricade didn't stop them, they would have plowed right into the crowd on the other side.

Nice.gif.7127cfe7f12b9fa3cd00fff58af56b9

• Like 1

On 2/8/2016 at 4:10 PM, Lemon said:

Keep it to the topic. 

We're not rambling about bitcoin here so I think everything's okay.
nm, Rassah mentioned bitcoin time to close thread

hours ago, Rassah said:

The guys from my native country have demonstrated how to deal with those things using nothing more than gasoline, beer bottles, and old shirts, all items in large abundance here

it amazes me that with protests in foreign countries, when something pisses people off millions of people flood the streets, overturn cars, burn shit down. In the USA, people sit at home and whine on tumblr. We are a bunch of lazy fucks.

Edited by Crazy Lee

22 hours ago, AlexInsane said:

Be stupid
Be happy?

what i am trying to say is that people drive themselves mad over things they cant change, things they arent privy to personally or culturally, and problems that are waaaaay larger than themselves. its no surprise that the more connected to information sources we become, the more this phenomenon grows. people are victims of too much information(most of it negative or spun in a negative way), and it plays havoc with their morals and feelings about that information. what the hell are people in a foreign country going to do about police violence in the US? they cant vote about it, it isnt in their community, it isnt a direct part of their life, theyve probably never experienced it firsthand. but plenty of people think this is a go ahead to just be a snarkbox on the interwebz, as if that is going to change a single fucking thing about it besides make people either bob their head stupidly in agreement or make some dumb post about gun rights or some shit. the same applies to most news that is imported from abroad. nobody REALLY cares about genocide in darfur, they just emote about it and then shout at other people when they dont conform to expectations. what i propose is that you should go out into YOUR community, and change what is around you and real to you, instead of flailing about some shit that isnt your business or problem and has zero effect on you. but once again, slactivism and whatnot. do what you can and dont waste your time on the things you cant do shit about. it isnt worth your energy or emotions.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2016 at 9:03 PM, Crazy Lee said:

it amazes me that with protests in foreign countries, when something pisses people off millions of people flood the streets, overturn cars, burn shit down. In the USA, people sit at home and whine on tumblr. We are a bunch of lazy fucks.

We don't have anywhere NEAR the level of problems that other people in other countries have, that get them out on the streets. For the most part, people are still comfortable here. But we'll get there, I'm sure. There's also a large libertarian/crypto-anarchist wing that is pretty much pacifist that understands turning over cars and setting shit on fire won't accomplish much, so they spend their time and money doing other more subtle things. For instance, Silk Road as an answer to drug prohibition and drug cartels was a more famous example of their version of flipping cars.

Edited by Rassah

On 2/8/2016 at 6:23 PM, AshleyAshes said:

Well damn.  I mean sure America has a history of slavery, barely managed basic LGBT rights with it's constitution, nearly last a war to it's own hillbilly states, has the highest per capita number of imprisoned citizens in the western world, and believes that global warming is 'a test of faith created by sweet baby Jesus', but there's finally something good to say about them; Their McDonalds has cheese sticks.

Speak for yourself. I'm anti-slavery, pro-gay rights, believe in global warming, and I'm not very fond of guns. And there's millions of people who share my views. Unfortunately, the ones who are most vocal don't share my views.

On 2/9/2016 at 4:05 AM, PastryOfApathy said:

To be fair, not very many people carry around the kind of ridiculously powerful elephant gun that could actually utilize that kind of high-powered ammunition.

No, it means every country has problems and America is no different. If you spend your entire life freaking out over things you have little to no control over you're going to be fucking miserable. Instead, focus on the problems you can actually help solve and accept that the the world is filled with shitty things that you can't stop no matter how much you bitch on the internet about them.

Besides when you really think about it us American's have it pretty damn lucky. Out of all the countries in the world we could have possibly been born in, we at the very least lucked out enough to not grow up in a complete and utter shithole like Congo, or N. Korea or something.

We really are. And I agree that there are stupid and ignorant people living here, but as a whole it's a great place to live.

On 2/9/2016 at 0:53 AM, AlexInsane said:

Be stupid
Be happy?

Ignorance is bliss. I'd rather not hear some of the news I hear, as it doesn't affect me personally and I'd be happier without it. That's the same wherever you go.