KryptoKroenen

What filth, what disgusting drivel...coming from the same ratchet ho who went on and on about how African Americans cannot be "racist" because there is no such thing as "reverse-racism"...all the while the Ferguson riots were going down, where buildings and private business were ransacked and destroyed by Angry Africans avenging a brotha who DINDU NUFFIN. The only thing more annoying than this wench's cocky attitude is the bullshit she spews about all the inventions that African Americans supposedly made, as anyone with access to Wikipedia can clearly see. (http://tightrope.cc/Black-Invention-Myths.htm) I'd go on about how ridiculous and cancerous this video is, but luckily MTV has become so blatantly anti-white that the top comments on Youtube for this video pretty much sum up any other thoughts I may have on the issue. My only consolation is that by advancing their twisted agenda more and more obviously through videos like this one (and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfrRzW-Yqog) leftists and ball-less "anti-racist" right wingers have succeeded only in waking up the public to their idiocy of their claims, as evidenced by the massive number of dislikes on these videos. Maybe there is hope for humanity....

Black history month is more of a cultural history month and their contributions. The reason why it is placed on focus is because of salt that there aren't any other months dedicated to *snnrrrkkk* "white culture"...which there are. Polish History Month, Irish History Month, Scottish history month, German, French...etc. They are there, and it's sad that people focus on one month to get salty about. 

I am sure the members of Stormfront would agree with you to get rid of black history month. To do that, you have to erase the other cultural months as well just to have an equal playing field. I would be sad if German history month Vanished because our library likes to have Oktoberfest after closing hours. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I am sure the members of Stormfront would agree with you to get rid of black history month, but to do that, you have to erase the other cultural months as well just to have an equal playing field. 

Not if you make having your own "history month" something that should be earned...then only groups who have actually made significant contributions to human advancement are honored. A Students and B Students aren't given the same national accolades in the name of "equality", and neither should social, political, or even ethnic groups. That, and the actual race that founded the country is entitled to its own month of honor merely for that.

Edited by KryptoKroenen

3 minutes ago, Saxon said:

That sounds like a good idea. Let's be honest when was the last time that anybody actually fucking noticed that it was Polish heritage month? 

*Shrugs*

IO am sure if you combine alcohol with that month in some shape or form, people will pay attention to it. That reminds me, most of the European months are celebrated by imbibing alcohol.

1 hour ago, Rhíulchabán said:

We're still a culture in transition in regards to race, things are getting much better but the point is still made to remind folks that less than 70 years ago (about one generation's worth of time) things were not very good at all (and less than 200 years ago things were near rock bottom).

The point of Black History Month is to continue to push at the edges of culture to ensure things eventually get fully better, not take the heritage away from other folks. The big problem is with us being in transition. 100-300 years from now, celebrating all cultures equally will seem more acceptable to the public at large because the "evils" of the past will be farther behind us (and not implying any group is evil or bad and not that just because some groups did bad things the entire culture is bad or shouldn't be celebrated).

Mostly what I'm trying to say is that the whole "Black Culture" celebration is an attempt to move away from the past and make the future better. From my understanding, a big part of it is to also help inspire children of african descent in america to strive to get out of poverty (since they are still one of the ethnic groups most likely to be poor) and give them role models to look up to that did great things. A big worry for the african community (and other communities of color) is that their children do not see enough role models or that white role models are more prominent, causing their children to feel powerless (this is getting much better as well, but improving never hurts). So in effect, Black History month is trying to help eradicate the cycle of poverty which comes from poor folks feeling like they don't have a chance to become non-poor, which must be started by inspiring them.

Because we are a culture in transition and because people take things personally, folks of European descent see Black History month as a "strike" against them (which some people of color unfortunately do make it from time to time), but really it is an attempt to improve the position of the black community at large. Going back to what I said earlier, unfortunately, with the still charged political race climate, folks see Black History month and the arguments of "no history months should happen" or "where is my history month" and then folks respond "you don't deserve one" or this or that and the fight goes on and on.

The problem is people taking it personally, it's meant to be a way to improve the world, but folks see it as something attacking them and they misunderstand the point of the whole thing. Another problem is when folks say "you don't deserve/need one" to people of european descent, the european folks hear this and think they are being called evil (which unfortunately once again some folks are calling them evil, which is sad) or being told their culture is unimportant... where the real reason the person said "you don't need it" is because there are already a plethora of white role models and white history is pretty prominent in teaching and curriculum already compared to other "racial histories." So literally in a sense, the "european history month" isn't needed to improve things because things are already pretty good, but it is still valuable and appreciated!

I should know, I revel in european history and I take part in local "farmer's fairs" which pretty much only celebrate the history of the early predominantly white settlers of Minnesota. I also take part in historical groups which celebrate european history and promote learning about it and the wonders of it... So to put it shortly, there is much to gain from celebrating ANY AND ALL cultures, but a need to bring that celebration further into the public eye is not necessary. Thus the majority of the problem comes down to folks taking things personally and miscommunication between the two sides.

100-300 years from now when society is hopefully fully balanced out like it ought to be (and no, I'm not going to get into a discussion about how balanced things are now, this is subjective and starts even more arguments) then black history month being a big thing fades out and it joins the rest of the "cultural history months" in the background. Its just culture changing and reacting over time, it just looks odd to us because we are living through the changes.

I do have to say though, that video was very forced and not a great way to go about the whole discussion at all (but then again, MTV isn't known for being smart).

I typed up several different responses to this post, making tons of edits...but I couldn't decide on how exactly to frame what I was trying to say. Finally, I decided it's not worth it, as it would probably only end up starting a flame war. Your line of thinking is very flawed, and I don't think its justifiable to lie to people to try to "inspire" them to get themselves out of poverty...especially when the facts show that they probably won't give a shit anyway. This is a discussion reserved for the PMs, so I'd be happy to continue it there if you like.

And I know I'm stating the obvious, but assuming that black history not existing means that blacks never existed either (as is the rhetorical narrative of MTV in this segment), that doesn't mean people would not use other means to build and develop the United States. Maybe things would be different in terms of culture, city infrastructure and lowered crime rate (HURHURHUR, I made another racist joke), but that doesn't mean those areas would never be developed.

Playing devil's advocate here. It also can be argued that America itself doesn't really have a  unified culture, so they have to "borrow" from their ancestors. That goes for everyone. The only ones that can make that claim are anyone with more than 1/4th native blood. 

It's one of those things where you can't just "make people care" as evidenced by the other months being so completely negligible that I hadn't even heard of them until now.

Part of the problem comes in that people get upset about people not caring about this one.

I mean you could be mad that nobody comes out of the US school system knowing any more about Ireland other than that they died a lot from a potato famine, or that people know zilch about France's incredible history, or over the people that get Wadjet tats without knowing some interpretations of its origin myth (lol) but really why?

• Like 1

just popped in to say that i had no idea mtv was still a thing even. i though it died back in about 1998. now its just a shitty site on the interwebs and all it does is make flamewar material and videos of dumb pregnant teens. also black history month is pretty worthless. children arent even taught proper history in school anymore. hell i bet they think that mr peanut from planters invented peanutbutter because the television told them so.

• Like 1

I used to get annoyed by the idea of a "black history month", or any other similar thing (including the fabled "white history month") since I always felt it devalued it in a way that made it appear completely segregated from from general American history.

Of course, I don't really care much anymore since all it has ever amounted to in my entire life was like a corkboard in my high school hallway with a couple Fredrick Douglas quotes or something. Not like black people in this country don't have plenty of other, infinitely more important issues to put time and effort into to seriously freak out over this dumb shit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Regards role models, the race or gender of your role models surely is a negligible detail; it's what they do that matters. 

For example, if I was inspired by, say, famous physicist Michio Kaku, I wouldn't lament that I could never be like him because I don't share his Japanese ancestry. 

The problem with blacks is that they don't have many role models in the intellectual sphere of things, so they tend to either fabricate ones or exaggerate the trivial contributions of certain black "inventors" to an absurd degree. They can't be happy with the fact that they dominate the sports industry with amazing players like MJ and Lebron, no....they will go to amazing lengths to convince the world that they were an "essential" element in creating this great nation and that they contributed just as much to the world of innovation as any other race, which is quite amusing especially considering that the Sub-Saharan Africans (from which modern day African Americans are now descended) were one of the only races on the planet that had still not invented the wheel nor created a written language by the Middle Ages. We all have our talents...a person doesn't need to feel bad about themselves just because they aren't as smart or as talented as someone else. What we shouldn't do is point the finger of blame at others merely because they are more successful than us, and then blame it on "oppression" and "racism".

Edited by KryptoKroenen
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I don't really believe that the races do have innate intellectual dispositions; the mongoloid peoples of the Americas also broadly failed to invent writing systems and they used sleds, while their closest relatives, the Chinese, built a super-advanced culture. I suspect that geography controls which cultures become super advanced; cultures that develop ,from their most basic forms, in hyper-fertile regions with readily domestic-able plant and animal species tend to blossom.

I don't think it helps for people to box themselves in and think 'this is what my people do, so I'm going to continue doing that,', because they could miss opportunities if they think like that. 

I'll PM you on that so as to not start any flame wars, but that belief is partially wrong.