Dark Souls III

Aresh

So being a Mound Maker is the most fun thing ever.

I play a mound maker like a Yandere. I always protect and help the host, but kill any other phantom around. Which sometimes means I gank but I have learned to accept that, since i also try to kill other white phantoms and sunbros, though it can be tough to do that without senpai (the host) noticing. I also where the white phantom ring to show senpai I'm here to help. and that his friends are bad and need to die.

One of  my all time favorite ones was were I went through the entirety of the Profaned Capitol with a host for around 20-30 minutes. killing all the enemies in the area, showing him where two npcs where and getting a couple keys. Then as we go to the gate of the boss fog while killing the last group of enemies he ran out of estus and were by the gate he tried to send me home so he could bone back to the bonfire. But i provided a quicker way to the bonfire, I killed him. I took off my white ring to show my purple and "quiet resolved" away. In that one moment I become the embodiment of dark souls to that host. 

Mound Maker is my favorite souls covenant.

I am really close to uninstalling DS3 without ever beating it.

This game controls SO FUCKING BAD. It's painful. Loads of input stacking, the worst camera since Castlevania 64, and functions in the controls menu that do LITERALLY NOTHING.

Dark Souls 3 is chock full of bugs that FromSoft refuses to fix, and the dipshit Dark Souls community just sucks on their dicks and says stuff like "IT'S NOT A BUG IT'S A FEATURE YOU JUST NEED TO GET GUD"

NO. FUCK THAT. I do not need to "get good" at a game that the developers REFUSE TO FUCKING FIX. They could teach Bethesda a thing or two about lazy-as-shit game development.

Dark Souls 3 isn't even fun for me anymore. Progressing in it feels like a goddamn chore. Not even the super interesting lore and setting can keep me trudging through the unholy AWFUL controls this game has. It's rushed, it's never going to get fixed, and though I want to complete the game, I would much rather work a 15 hour work shift at this point. Dark Souls 3 is a goddamn chore.

54 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

I am really close to uninstalling DS3 without ever beating it.

This game controls SO FUCKING BAD. It's painful. Loads of input stacking, the worst camera since Castlevania 64, and functions in the controls menu that do LITERALLY NOTHING.

Dark Souls 3 is chock full of bugs that FromSoft refuses to fix, and the dipshit Dark Souls community just sucks on their dicks and says stuff like "IT'S NOT A BUG IT'S A FEATURE YOU JUST NEED TO GET GUD"

NO. FUCK THAT. I do not need to "get good" at a game that the developers REFUSE TO FUCKING FIX. They could teach Bethesda a thing or two about lazy-as-shit game development.

Dark Souls 3 isn't even fun for me anymore. Progressing in it feels like a goddamn chore. Not even the super interesting lore and setting can keep me trudging through the unholy AWFUL controls this game has. It's rushed, it's never going to get fixed, and though I want to complete the game, I would much rather work a 15 hour work shift at this point. Dark Souls 3 is a goddamn chore.

Are you using a keyboard and mouse, if so yea the controls would be aweful. On a controller the controls work just fine, the buffering stuff is annoying but besides that I wonder what part of the controls are bad.

The camera isn't really that bad except for one boss. that being said I did change some of the menu things for the auto lock so maybe the default ones could be causing problems.

Also the fact walls don't block anything and you can be hit through them is really dumb but what other bugs are you talking about? also most souls people generally don't defend any of the bugs. If you think people are happy with ever choice Fromsoft makes, you have seen any discussions about poise in dark souls 3.

That being said you went into dark souls 3 hating it so why did you pick it up and play it? I don't generally hate games but that's also cause if I dislike a game
I never bother to play it and just say whatever to what people say about it. You clearly are filled with a lot of hate to the game so don't bother playing it.

1 hour ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

are you using keyboard and mouse? if so i'm sorry. but controller wise what about the controls is really bad?

I'm using a controller that has somewhat sensitive buttons, so the insane input stacking the game has totally fucks me over at every turn. I can try to swing once but my finger will twitch ever so slightly and it'll stack another swing that gets me killed.

Input stacking is a BULLSHIT way to try to "keep people from mashing." That's what the damn stamina meter is for.

And the camera is goddamn awful, with it automatically switching to lock on to random enemies even though I turned that damn function OFF. Why even put an options menu in the game if it DOESN'T DO SHIT?!

FromSoft are the laziest game developers of our generation, they make Bethesda look like fucking Rockstar.

10 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

I'm using a controller that has somewhat sensitive buttons, so the insane input stacking the game has totally fucks me over at every turn. I can try to swing once but my finger will twitch ever so slightly and it'll stack another swing that gets me killed.

Input stacking is a BULLSHIT way to try to "keep people from mashing." That's what the damn stamina meter is for.

And the camera is goddamn awful, with it automatically switching to lock on to random enemies even though I turned that damn function OFF. Why even put an options menu in the game if it DOESN'T DO SHIT?!

FromSoft are the laziest game developers of our generation, they make Bethesda look like fucking Rockstar.

The most annoying thing about the input is how it doesn't stack for when you use items, It is silly hard to try and use 2 estus in a row for some weird reason.

i turned off the auto switch thing and it doesn't change lock on for me after kills.

That being said you're clrealy really mad so there's no real point in me saying anything else since it won't really matter. Overall the PvE is really good and the PvP is kind of meh but PvP has known to be slgihtly a mess at the start of every game then refined much better.

Here's a video on how to make your characters face pretty

1 minute ago, Lucyfish said:

Why even make your face pretty if it's gonna be behind a helmet the whole time because not wearing a helmet completely wrecks the usability of your armor aaaaaaaaa

there's a couple tiria things and things that show the face.

I also like how a little headband is about as effective for defense as a heavy duty helmet. I always go for fashion souls.

I just want to love Dark Souls so much, but I just can't stand how much of a chore playing it has become for me. It's like "Uuuugh, do I REALLY have to go through the Irithyll Dungeons? I just wanna play Street Fighter..."

Just now, Lucyfish said:

I just want to love Dark Souls so much, but I just can't stand how much of a chore playing it has become for me. It's like "Uuuugh, do I REALLY have to go through the Irithyll Dungeons? I just wanna play Street Fighter..."

Then don't play it, don't git gud, git away from the game. it's clearly not for you at least at this time. 

I wanna enjoy most fighting games, but I don't have the time to practice all the combos and stuff so I only enjoy them at a basic level and tend to miss out on most of them. don't play a game that's a chore.