Rant/Rave: Life sucks, but furries.

AlexInsane

Long story short, today I got my ass handed to me playing a card game. It was my fault, I suppose - I should've realized who I was fucking with, or better still, just sat back and watched the rest of them play.

People are AGGRESSIVE when they compete. I don't like competition - or conflict. So, yeah, left the game store and basically brooded the whole drive home. 

But on the upside, I come here and you're all so delightfully stupid and petty and somehow, impossibly, it makes things better. It's a lot like if you witnessed a murder and you were all shaken up, but then a retarded kid comes toddling into the police station and waves at you. It's that kind of feeling. 

Bless your little yiffholes, furry childrens. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, AlexInsane said:

But on the upside, I come here and you're all so delightfully stupid and petty and somehow, impossibly, it makes things better. It's a lot like if you witnessed a murder and you were all shaken up, but then a retarded kid comes toddling into the police station and waves at you. It's that kind of feeling. 

That mental image made me smile, best sentence I've read all week.

Also who gets aggressive over a card game?

If I'm playing a card game, it means my goal for the game is to get slushed out of my brain and giggle away like a child minded paralytic, so I've already won the game.

5 minutes ago, Sylver said:

The best card games are those where you gamble your clothing.

More incentive to win.

Or more incentive to lose :P Not that I play card games. I used to know how to play Rummy, but it slips my mind now. My roommate has this card game called Fluxx and it's hard as hell mainly because the rules constantly change. It's fun, though.

• Like 2

Playing multiplayer games is great. There is nothing more satisfying than brutally savaging a significant portion of the enemy team with a well-thrown grenade or a deadeye shot from a heavy tank's main cannon.

Messing around with a MOBA? Weaving through the battle lines and executing your abilities with precision and grace to score kill after kill or assist or after assist makes you feel like a legitimate gaming deity that cannot be contested or dethroned by any mere mortal.

Competition is wonderful. While you can't beat them all, mauling everyone below you (and even preying on a few folks who were initially above you) is a healthy, empowering feeling that I urge every psychologically sound male to lust after.

It's even better when your victims forward you rage mail. :3

Edited by I Did It For The Cat Girls
  • Like 1

Just now, I Did It For The Cat Girls said:

Messing around with a MOBA? Weaving through the battle lines and executing your abilities with precision and grace to score kill after kill or assist or after assist makes you feel like a legitimate gaming deity that cannot be contested or dethroned by any mere mortal.

Competition is wonderful. While you can't beat them all, mauling everyone below you (and even preying on a few folks who were initially above you) is a healthy, empowering feeling that I urge every psychologically sound male to lust after.

I remember back in the olden days of LoL when you somehow got super fed in lane as Poppy. That feeling being of a tiny, literally unstoppable blue smurf tower diving the same dumb motherfucker over and over again to go something like 12/0 by 15 minutes is truly one of the greatest feelings in the world.

Almost makes up for the other 20 games where you'd get your shit mercilessly kicked in because old Poppy was fucking garbage whose E took like 90% of your mana for no reason and everyone was playing Lulu top because what the fuck why is this a thing jesus fuck I hate top lane so much.

Video games are great.

1 minute ago, PastryOfApathy said:

I remember back in the olden days of LoL when you somehow got super fed in lane as Poppy. That feeling being of a tiny, literally unstoppable blue smurf tower diving the same dumb motherfucker over and over again to go something like 12/0 by 15 minutes is truly one of the greatest feelings in the world.

Almost makes up for the other 20 games where you'd get your shit mercilessly kicked in because old Poppy was fucking garbage whose E took like 90% of your mana for no reason and everyone was playing Lulu top because what the fuck why is this a thing jesus fuck I hate top lane so much.

Video games are great.

I plan on getting into LoL when I finally get a respectable money flow going and a castle of my own where I can be king. My first MOBA was a little piece on mobile called "Heroes of Order and Chaos", a game that I would discourage all nerds with a MOBA itch that they desire profoundly to scratch to not pick up whatsoever. It's a putrid amalgamation of glitches and lag that demands a flagship, top-tier mobile device to even run properly; budget devices--even immediately contemporary handsets---will struggle to run HoC even though the game came out in 2012. Granted, I maintained a 3.0 K/D in non-ranked (but a pathetic 0.95 W/L due to the innumerable instances of me being burdened with a team of utterly incompetent and lobotomized noobs and my distinctive penchant for ragefeeding when the team refuses the proposition to surrender when it was abundantly evident that we were going to be slapped with an "L" on account of the enemy carry being over-fed).

I'm not toxic in the chat. I'm either mute or incredibly nice. But I'm extremely toxic and petty in how I play MOBAs though. I'm like a fusion of a Korean Lite pro player and a shitfaced troll

Vainglory was far more enjoyable though. Fewer noobs, better balance, and less moneygrubbing behavior from the developers. When I lose there, I actually feel like the other player was authentically better than I was---unlike in HoC where I feel ripped off by the game's horrendously-flawed matchmaking mechanics, the shitty targeting system, the server lag, the frame rate lag, and the hero balance.

8 minutes ago, I Did It For The Cat Girls said:

I plan on getting into LoL when I finally get a respectable money flow going and a castle of my own where I can be king. My first MOBA was a little piece on mobile called "Heroes of Order and Chaos", a game that I would discourage all nerds with a MOBA itch that they desire profoundly to scratch to not pick up whatsoever. It's a putrid amalgamation of glitches and lag that demands a flagship, top-tier mobile device to even run properly; budget devices--even immediately contemporary handsets---will struggle to run HoC even though the game came out in 2012. Granted, I maintained a 3.0 K/D in non-ranked (but a pathetic 0.95 W/L due to the innumerable instances of me being burdened with a team of utterly incompetent and lobotomized noobs and my distinctive penchant for ragefeeding when the team refuses the proposition to surrender when it was abundantly evident that we were going to be slapped with an "L" on account of the enemy carry being over-fed).

I'm not toxic in the chat. I'm either mute or incredibly nice. But I'm extremely toxic and petty in how I play MOBAs though. I'm like a fusion of a Korean Lite pro player and a shitfaced troll

Vainglory was far more enjoyable though. Fewer noobs, better balance, and less moneygrubbing behavior from the developers. When I lose there, I actually feel like the other player was authentically better than I was---unlike in HoC where I feel ripped off by the game's horrendously-flawed matchmaking mechanics, the shitty targeting system, the server lag, the frame rate lag, and the hero balance.

I haven't played LoL in forever but I wanna change that soon. Shit's changed so much though so it's intimidating.

my anime husbando comes from there so I owe it to them o3o