Furry cringe, Brony Cringe, Weeaboo Cringe stories?

CinnamonKat

On 11/2/2016 at 3:42 AM, jcstinks said:
On 11/2/2016 at 3:36 AM, Astus said:

one time I was playing xbox with a bunch of furries, and they kept saying things like pawsome and fur real.... and..... I just couldn't, they were being serious.

Why can't ewe just furgnore them and mooove on? Gnu don't have to take it so deeriously.

Finally someone uses Gnu as a pun, thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so I was like 17 and was at my first ever furry meetup which also happened to be at an anime convention, there were maybe 20-25 people there total, about 10-15 fursuiters.

Get to the point in the meetup where most of the fursuiters decide to "ruin the magic" and actually talk to one another. Start to notice things are off when this one guy who was maybe a few years older than me is following me around when I'm talking to people, and me, being the really quiet polite person who is anything but intimidating, seems to attract these kind of people like a hawk on a mouse or something because I tend to just laugh and smile awkwardly whenever people talk to me anyway regardless to whether or not I'm interested. 

His fursuit was missing a nose, it apparently fell off and there was just hot glue on the muzzle. Also its eyes were colored with blue marker and had blue yarn for hair.

Also this guy was clingy, he was super submissive (not that there's anything wrong with that but like, the dude didn't even know me and we were in public) and kept doing this thing to get my attention where he would take off his collar and be like "the buckle slips sometimes :(" and sit down on his knees so that I could put it back on (and me, again being the nice one since literally no one else would talk to this guy, let alone even pay attention to him, kept putting it back on so he's stop standing around acting helpless)

Anyway, at one point we all migrated and were sitting around outside where there was a breeze (because fursuiters) and he still had his suit on and came over and laid his head in my lap so that I would pet him. Once again I'm super fucking awkward so I just accepted it.

Did I mention this guy just randomly blurted out in the middle of a conversation that he was raped once? *crickets chirping*

Also, he randomly commented on some super-hero cosplayer with a whip that it made him just want to go and sit underneath it in awe.

I thought I was slowly seeming less and less responsive to him by the end of the meetup but I gUESS NOT because at the end when we migrated back to our original location to all say goodbye and I took my suit head off the last time I could see him following me with his eyes and staring at me and I knew what was coming and I was basically trying to get out of there as fast as freaking possible while still seeming chill and polite.

Luckily I turned my head fast enough in time that the guy only leaned in enough to kiss my cheek goodbye and I escaped without looking back.

So that was my first meetup ever. Surprisingly enough it didn't deter me enough to scar me from wanting to be a furry or talk to any other furry ever again. But yeah.

The chats copypasted in this thread have reminded me of one time I accepted a commission job over at the old FAF; the customer adds me on MSN (oh man, it was still alive back then!) and instead of talking about the picture he wanted, just straight up sent me a photo asking me if he was fuckable or not. .________.

Edited by Valery91Thunder
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nekokami said:

On MyAnimeList, I saw a community whose members were self-proclaimed 'random but nice weeaboos :)'. And they didn't even seem to be being ironic about it.

MAL is a fun place.  You should hang out in Casual Discussion or jump into some of the worse Anime Discussion threads there if you want to see some cringe. Bonus points for Forum Games very own "No Fap Contest"

Edited by Battlechili

I dated a furry a couple years back. Wasn't really a problem except for him being super insecure about it and having an uncontrollable need to "come out" to all his close friends, and try and find a way of changing any conversation possible into one about Pokemon rule 34 and what Pokemon people thought was the sexiest and shit. I mean, he was a goodlooking guy and he was really sweet and completely harmless and he'd have gone to hell and back for me, but... yeah. The weird socially-awkward stuff was too much for me.

Anyway it was his first sexual relationship and he felt that our sex life needed like... a pet-name. Instead of being like "let's fuck", or "you in the mood for sex?" or anything else like that, that normal couples say when they want sex, he would ask if I wanted "sexytimes".

After a few times of this I decided to say that I thought it was really weird - that experience in itself is a little cringe-y, and I asked him if he could refrain from calling sex "sexytimes". He said something along the lines of "Okay, no problem - what else should we call it then? We could always call it "bunny-love" and get the ears to match".

I may have been put off dating furries after this.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I joined a voraphile forum years before becoming a furry. Writing everything about their conduct that could be shameful or embarressing would take too long, but in short - voraphiles are the reason nothing furries do can make me ashamed of or embarrassed about - I've seen that much worse.

I considered playing Command and Conquer 3 online. After looking up a forum and seeing examples of people who apparently considered themselves as superior because of their ability to play a video game, I reconsidered.

Also, the incident that could be named "The Nerd Essence Incident" - someone saw a Dark Elf Kharibdyss and complained it had "a vagina on its chest". Because it was a hole, see, so its obviously a vagina. That person must've temporarily borrowed the nerdiness from every other nerd on the planet to condense nerdiness to one comment.

And finally - don't "learn" Japanese from fansubbed, or subtitled at all, anime, etc. Especially if you're planning on visiting Japan.

I have so many weeabo cringe stories. I went to highschool when the anime trend got really big and a lot of the people who hung out with me were teenage girls. I wasn't immune to the anime craze myself but the worst stuff didn't even happen in highschool, it happened when we all got a little older and went to college and girls and guys who were now in their mid 20's were still dropping the word "kawaii" and wearing stupid pink cat ear hats and toting around pokemon plushies. Like, you do realize that's almost identical to things a FIVE year old would do. You can maybe get away with that when you're a teenager because it's trendy but when you're a fucking adult maybe you should leave that shit at home or save it for a con. I'm not even saying don't like childish things, just, once you hit 20 start acknowledging that there's a time and place, yeah?

On specific incident of cringe. One girl I remember was a little older than I was, she was closer to thirty than twenty and addicted to yaoi. I think the worst moment with her was when she found out one of my friends was gay and she started following him around pestering him with her uke/seme bullcrap. She got involved with LGBT activism purely because it was a way for her to feed her creepy yaoi fetish and when real life gay couples weren't like her anime bishounen types she tended to completely ignore them. After a bunch of people started criticizing her for being an obnoxious cuntopotamus she eventually went full blown SJW and threw a fit about safe spaces, flunked out of her classes and got fired from several jobs due to disputes with customers over fat shaming. She lives at home now and spends most of her money on shitty cosplay, then goes to cons with a bunch of people who are ten years younger than her and tries to play it off like she's their cool "older sis" figure *shudder*

50 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Was bit Minty's Cougar stalker by chance?

I DUNT KNOOOW BUT IF IT WAS UUUUGGGH. We were in the elevator and it got crowded. Then I felt something fondling my ass. Then I hear "Mom what are you doing!? Thats his tail!" and then she says "Mmmm, so it is!". I turn around. GRANNY CLAWS. FUCKING BLFC 2016 BADGE. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

Even worse was she waved at me and winked when she got off on her floor. I NEED AN ADULT.

Though i can not think of any specifically furry cringe, there was this otherkin girl who I had known as a kid.

Her acting like a cat (licking herself, meowing, going on all fours) in elementary school had been weird enough, but she continued it into high school and began identifying herself as a cat, and seeing her acting like a cat in high school was seriously cringy...

2 minutes ago, Osrik said:

Though i can not think of any specifically furry cringe, there was this otherkin girl who I had known as a kid.

Her acting like a cat (licking herself, meowing, going on all fours) in elementary school had been weird enough, but she continued it into high school and began identifying herself as a cat, and seeing her acting like a cat in high school was seriously cringy...

Are you perchance Norwegian?

6 minutes ago, pothocket said:

Are you perchance Norwegian?

No, American, but i think I know the video you are referring to... This girl was similar to that, though she didn't wear ears or a tail.

As it is pretty cringy, I will throw the video in here:

23 minutes ago, axelthefox said:

Furry cons on the other hand are awesome. I went to one and the people seemed really chill and friendly.

I want to go to a really dysfunctional one. 

20 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

Good. I need to get to one sometime.

I'll come with you and we can use my power drill to make glory holes in the hotel washrooms. 

• Like 1

If you're after some weeaboo cringe, here's a 'fandub' of the Lucky Star opening theme:

Followed by some weeaboo chick's reaction:

Obviously both are fake but it's pretty cringey and funny nonetheless.

• 3 weeks later...

okay so for context I had a table at Furnal Equinox 2016 with a few friends of mine. We were kind of super packed together because it was smaller than we thought it would be, but I had enough space for what I was selling and all that. We were at a corner and I was to the left of my friend Lauth on FA, and due to the positioning I was basically trapped there unless I asked the friend of mine behind me to move a little. So I was kind of powerless to escape in the face of a lot of these stories

so I'm selling my books there, and I have a little bowl full of candy to bring people over. I was sort of in full on merchant mode at the time I was REALLY excited to be at FE surrounded by all these happy furries!! and also!! making money and socializing with a lot of people which I don't get much chance to do as an otherwise homebound disabled person

so you can understand why when someone came up to my table, pointed at the feetpaws on one of my book covers and commented "feetpaws! :D". I am so excited and down to sell to this person but also just hyped up on sugar and social contact in general so you can imagine how thoughtlessly I wove myself into saying "yeah! I love feetpaws, aren't they the cutest?" and at first everything is cool he's just being receptive to me saying feetpaws are cute right so anyway next he takes a mint out of the bowl, puts it in his mouth, and says "hey check this out"

he takes out his phone and brings the screen within inches of my face. It's a picture of the bottom of his foot. Toe to tip, the sourdough sole taking up the entirety of the frame. In that moment I realized where I went wrong, what my mistake leading up to this could have possibly been. and I can tell you right now anyone would be proud of me for how fucking fast I blasted my ass right through all the 7 steps of grief to acceptance. Trying to look as apologetic as I could I said "oh no. I'm sorry, I can see how I might have misled you but I'm actually not really about that" and Lauth is fucking cackling beside me. He pulls back his phone, looks at the picture as if to check that it was the right one and then PUTS IT BACK inches from my face, asking if I'm sure

and that's what fucks me up the most, the second attempt at my being receptive to his foot. He heard me say that I'm not into that but by god he certainly tried to sway me. The fucking confidence, the GUMPTION, to put that foot out there a second time as if to convert me. As if I was meant to say "you know what, on second appraisal, I would certainly like to be the grapes in your bucket. I want you to knead your toes into my face flesh like an Egyptian pastry chef"

Needless to say he didn't buy anything from me

~~~

The next morning a man comes up to my table and initiates a conversation with me by asking me if I watch my little pony. Lauth is already in hysterics, I can feel her beside me vibrating with her chin to her chest, trying not to openly show how fucking hilarious the circumstance was to a potential customer. I'm not entirely sure why he assumed I would be into MLP, it probably had something to do with my wearing a lot of pastel that day and the bowl of pink mints on the table. So anyway I say to him "no, I've been meaning to get into it but you know, I've just been so busy". I have no intention of ever watching my little pony I just want to build rapport and sell to this man. He says "aww that's too bad. When you do get into it, I recommend you skip the first season, that's when they were making it for kids, around season 2 is when hasbro understood their TRUE audience". This man isn't much older than me, but I'd put him at like 30 at least. Lauth audibly snrks, and I'm just... trying to keep myself from disassociating from the conversation

you know when you're in a conversation that you just don't want to be in because it's overwhelmingly uncomfortable. It was a struggle, an absolute trial to keep my soul from just departing from my body. I didn't want him to see my eyes glaze over or my smile fade because... I need the cash. So I'm smiling to this dude and hoping I can maintain a friendly composure when he says "do you watch startrek?"

I say "no, sorry, I don't really watch any tv shows aside from Xena". At this point I don't want to lie TOO much so I just drop it on him straight that I'm not really into TV. He says "well I'm going to make a startrek reference, and it won't mean much to you, but I'd like to make it anyway". I am fucking pumped to hear this dudes startrek reference that he thinks is so great that I should hear it regardless of my understanding. He takes a 20 dollar bill out of his wallet and slides it across the table. He says to me "I'm going to give this money to you, in exchange for a personal favour. I may ask this favour an hour from now, I may ask it tomorrow, I may never ask it of you, but for right now I'd like you to have this money"

Lauth suddenly gets really tense beside me and... I was kind of scared too at this point. Like I didn't want to refuse 2 days worth of food but on the otherhand this was... really obviously him locking me into some sort of awful sex deal. Like I was expecting him to just slide a room number across my table at me and walk away but I guess he noticed how anxious this blood money was making me so he said "I'm making a donation, sorry. I don't really do the whole patreon thing but I want to support you as an artist", the implication being that he was too aloof or proud or w/e to admit that he was making a donation. and I mean... the donation is such a nice sentiment and I'm grateful for it like once again that's 2 days worth of food and I'm kind of starving right but holy fuck did that look like it was going to be me giving some stranger head out of desperation lmfao

• Like 4

Wow, Ampersand, my sympathies. Artists and vendors have to put up with a lot, because you have to sit there and be pleasant to customers, and at geek cons especially, people have a tendency to mistake a vendor or artist's courtesy for genuine interest or real friendship.

You reminded me that I consciously refrained from making a Dune reference to a group of non-geeks about a week ago, even though it would have been hilarious (to anyone who gets Dune). I generously spared my colleagues at the expense of my own enjoyment and smugness. I am truly an American hero.

Re: Recommending things you like to others, I realize that the struggle is real.  It's incredibly fun to share what you enjoy--especially with someone who might come to enjoy it, too---but I know all-too-well the discomfort and boredom of hearing someone maunder on about something they love that I'll probably never get into.

Geeks need to learn to back off at the first sign of boredom or unnease. Of course, I realize this is easier said than done, especially if you're on the spectrum.

6 hours ago, Another Ampers& said:

okay so for context I had a table at Furnal Equinox 2016 with a few friends of mine. We were kind of super packed together because it was smaller than we thought it would be, but I had enough space for what I was selling and all that.

FE is in Toronto. Do you live in Toronto? 

Also when you say you are homebound and disabled do you have some kind of mobility issue like a wheelchair or something?

17 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

FE is in Toronto. Do you live in Toronto? 

Also when you say you are homebound and disabled do you have some kind of mobility issue like a wheelchair or something?

Bramalea

and I'm a recovering agoraphobe, I'm still really uncomfy about leaving the house during the day and only really go out at night (people scare the shit out of me)

I have balance issues due to neurological stuff but for the most part all my symptoms are mental rather than based in mobility

I'm sorry if I was unclear I just in general use "housebound disabled" because it's easier to type x3

3 minutes ago, Another Ampers& said:

Bramalea

and I'm a recovering agoraphobe, I'm still really uncomfy about leaving the house during the day and only really go out at night (people scare the shit out of me)

I have balance issues due to neurological stuff but for the most part all my symptoms are mental rather than based in mobility

I'm sorry if I was unclear I just in general use "housebound disabled" because it's easier to type x3

We have a Toronto meet up if you are interested.

We get together and eat noodles, have cake and coffee, and play board games.

Just now, #00Buck said:

We have a Toronto meet up if you are interested.

We get together and eat noodles, have cake and coffee, and play board games.

ah... maybe when I start to trust y'all a bit more, I kind of literally just joined and... I'm still kind of terrified of people lmao

I just went into toronto 2 weeks ago and had like... the worst encounter with 2 men (2 seperate encounters, 2 unrelated men one after the other) and I'm still like >_> about leaving the house @ daytime for the next little while

Just now, Another Ampers& said:

ah... maybe when I start to trust y'all a bit more, I kind of literally just joined and... I'm still kind of terrified of people lmao

I just went into toronto 2 weeks ago and had like... the worst encounter with 2 men (2 seperate encounters, 2 unrelated men one after the other) and I'm still like >_> about leaving the house @ daytime for the next little while

Let me know when your comfort level increases. 

We are trying to grow our meet up to the point where we can do more interesting group activities. 

A lot of places if you want to book something they need a minimum of 8 people or more. 

Cheers! 

19 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Let me know when your comfort level increases. 

We are trying to grow our meet up to the point where we can do more interesting group activities fish terrorist group.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2016 at 10:14 AM, MissFleece said:

THE CHIHUAHUA TWINS

I've told the story a lot so I wont tell it again here, but here's a vid of them being creepy

I've heard from someone who works registration at MFF who is on SL,that they interrupted a panel by viewing porn on a laptop. Really classy.

A furry I met online who I lost a lot of respect for turned out to be a hardcore lifesyler. Like "nothing else but furry in my life" kind of person.

They didn't see how showing up unannounced at a playground in suit could be viewed as creepy or could harm the fandom's reputation (even more). They got upset when I didn't take fursuits seriously and even got offended when I asked them about kitsune. Apparently kitsune are sacred to them, to the point that their partner's updating of their refsheet was a spiritual event. And this person claimed to be an atheist.

Then they got pissed at me bashing the culture of cliquish fursuiters on twitter who take the fandom too seriously and treat fursuits like some sadred relic and me wondering why otherkin always have cool animals as their kintypes.

They then banned me from their patreon (which lost them $25 a month). Then they rambled about how we should be tolerant of everyone in the fandom...despite their offense at me not taking fursuits seriously and their hatred of furry porn. I admit I was probably petty and pssive aggressive at times, but wow...that sacred kitsune thing creeped me out. And I was offended when they were offended by people having different opinions on how to do furry. Tolerant my ass.

This person wants to hopefully get big outside of furry with suitmaking...yeah that ain't happening as long as you're this crazy with the furry lifestyle. What should have told me they had issues was when they told me they don't follow other people's work. Dat ego. I wanted to be nice, but they wantes to push me away.

There seems to be a "screw the normies I'll do what I want" mentality in this fandom that really hurts the fandom's reputation. I mean, that's how you get people wearing used murrsuits in public. It's these kinds of people who I think only have furries as friends and can't interact with normal society. I don't know if they're depressed or what, but the fandom is clear exacerbating issues that should be helped by a therapist and not some dumb counterculture lifestyle involving dressing up as a cartoon animal to become your spirit animal because that's the only way you feel joy in life.

38 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

14.png

Yup...that's the kind of person I was dealing with. They were actually triggered when I suggested fursuits were just costumes and that I was trading cosplay suits too fast. I think they really believe furries are oppressed.

But furries oppress themselves by not knowing how to behave like adults in public.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

I'm sorry, could you explain this further? What were you doing and what was the problem the person had?

Apparently they were offended that I've owned too many costumes and I've sold them too quickly. But 1. they've mostly been cosplay suits, not fursona suits, and 2. A lot of them had issues that made suiting alone and transport to cons difficult, making enjoyment impossible. To them fursuits are like deeply personal things. Maybe even spiritual things. And they said that I was making other people uncomfortable (but they really themselves). They could have been making excuses to get me out of their hair...I may have been pestering them too much about distant future suit commissions and changing my ideas on what I wanted to much. I don't know.

But honestly I was offended by them not liking how I was "doing furry". A while later I then vented on my twitter about taking the fandom and fursuits too seriously...and they saw it and then got uppity and banned me.

6 minutes ago, Calemeyr said:

Apparently they were offended that I've owned too many costumes and I've sold them too quickly. But 1. they've mostly been cosplay suits, not fursona suits, and 2. A lot of them had issues that made suiting alone and transport to cons difficult, making enjoyment impossible. To them fursuits are like deeply personal things. Maybe even spiritual things. And they said that I was making other people uncomfortable (but they really themselves). They could have been making excuses to get me out of their hair...I may have been pestering them too much about distant future suit commissions and changing my ideas on what I wanted to much. I don't know.

But honestly I was offended by them not liking how I was "doing furry". A while later I then vented on my twitter about taking the fandom and fursuits too seriously...and they saw it and then got uppity and banned me.

That is some wickedly tryhard shit. What the fuck man. I've actually only ever seen furries get like this.