Furry cringe, Brony Cringe, Weeaboo Cringe stories?

CinnamonKat

Just now, XoPachi said:

That is some wickedly tryhard shit. What the fuck man. I've actually only ever seen furries get like this.

They then posted a "we should be more tolerant for how people do furry" thing...Ok, I admit I am intolerant of lifestylers. But that's because 9 times out of 10 they don't know how to behave in public and end up worsening the public image of the fandom. And for one thing I would like to have friends outside the fandom k thks.

I mean for fuck's sake, I'm not a casual furry. Look at my avatar. That's my fursuit. (not my pic--it'll be replaced next week by my own) I do take fursuits a bit seriously (don't break character casually), and I understand they can be personal and pretty important to people, but me saying that you shouldn't get too attached to personal items deeply offended this person. But it's true--I mean what if you lose your costume...are you gonna like fly into a rage or something?

Now granted, I may have been kicking a hornet nest by being passive aggressive on my twitter, but still! How do they expect to get work outside of the fandom with people who think costumes are disposable? Movie industry gives no shits about these things after a film. Hell maybe even during production if they're replaced by cgi. Is this person going to tell clients "NO, I WON'T let you not use it in the film!" They'll be blacklisted!

It's just so stupid how people behave in this fandom. The egos and cliquishness is so immature. I'm not perfect myself, I can be abrasive and just downright grumpy, but you know? I say a lot of these things out of worry for people who need help in the fandom. There's too much enabling of people who need to get help. Like I posted a pic of a guy on a bus with a fox puppet wearing fox ears and a tail. Yeah I laughed about it, but this guy needs help. Sure we can joke about the silliness, but being tolerant of severe escapism is downright irresponsible, and it one of the things I outright hate about this fandom. Now it's this that really offends me. It reminds be of the pro-ana crowd, to be honest.

• 4 weeks later...

My first experience with furries irl was quite memorable.  

Last year I went to a local "fur meet." Plenty of people were there, and most of them were really freaking cool.  But then there was this one chick.  No offense but imo skin-tight leather pants don't look good on the morbidly obese, yet she thought it was a great idea to wear them to the meet.  

This one lady who was super cool had freaking bought all of us pizza, but insisted that we use some hand sanitizer before grabbing a slice, which is totally understandable.  So what leather-pants-lady decides to to is get some sanitizer on her hand, silently sneak up behind me (which in theory shouldn't have worked as well as it did), and grab me from behind while slapping her slimy Germ-X hand over my fucking mouth!  Then she asks me, "does this smell like chloroform to you?"  Up to this point I had been catching her eyeing me down, but this is when I knew...  she totally had a thing for me... yet what the fuck do I do next?  I just laugh it off (as convincingly as I could).  Big mistake.

Fast forward about an hour or two later, the park we were having our meet at was closing (it closes super early for some reason, idk).  Some of us wanted to hang out a bit more, so the leader of the event had us gather round to decide where we would go next.  We decide on a different park further away, but not everybody was staying with us.  This included leather-pants-lady (thank god).  So as they were leaving, I stayed for a bit and talked with one of the other furs.  All of a sudden I feel a fat hand fucking grab my ass cheek for the longest split second in my life...  I turn around and see none other than leather-pants-lady "running" away from the scene of the crime... I was in shock... Did she really just do that?  Did that really just happen??  I'd never been groped before... What do I do??  She had left before the shock of the situation faded... and all I could think was, ".....never again..."

• Like 1

I went to a music festival last week and saw a fat guy in a fedora wearing a T-shirt with "BRONY" on it in meme letters
Worst part is he was walking along like this holding hands with his infant daughter
Oh the world is going places. Not good places, but places nonetheless

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Some creepy fucker at a free-entry con we were vending at asked our teenage friend if she was wearing panties with her cosplay and other inappropriate questions.  My sister dragged her behind the table and started screaming at him, which brought both her father, two other parents, and security down on his head so fast it was glorious.  Turned out the guy was a registered sex offender and he wasn't supposed to be anywhere near kids, which this particular con was aimed at.

Then there was a lady at another family-oriented con dressed up as a skanky Captain America.  She purposefully would pose so that the crotch of her costume rode up into her lady-bits so everyone could see them, even if there were children around at the time, and caused trouble when people reported her to staff for indecency.

• 6 months later...

Well! 

I have a few to be honest. 

But let me tell you my online experience around groups on Facebook 

Well I understand people like the Furry fandom and like Mlp and all.

But most of them are really awkward or just really obssessed with the fandom and get so defensive and ofended about it pretty easy. 

So I sometimes see a guy streaming in a MLP group,and his room is literally,LITERALLY full of MLP things. I mean I think there is no more room to even walk. 
He was saying mlp is his life and in the stream he actually said he does not have a girlfriend and that nobody likes him. Well...Here are a few reasons: 
One: your room is full of kids stuff. Bceause yes,MLP was made for children. 
Two: You wear MLP stuff all the time 
Three: You actually bring your MLP plushies to work and school. 
Four: Your very defensive when someone has an opinion towards MLP.

I mean the cringiest thing I can see is people being very obssessed with things and sexualizing childrens stuff ,I know its normal to do so these days but it's still cringey.
For me it's also cringey when someone comes into a community and says " I have no friends" or "I have no girlfriend because I love mlp" 
And I'm here like "MLP is not the reason,maybe it's you who always wears mlp stuff,brings plushies outside,has room fully decorated with childrens stuff and so much more,I am dating and I like MLP but I don't do those things and he knows I am a pegasister and a furry and yet he loves me,so its not usually the fandoms fault " 

But yeah I'll shut up now x'D 

• Like 1

Gosh i hate it so much when people watch like 3 anime and call themselfes experts.

A classmate said that he watches naruto , one piece and fairy tail and that he knows everything about anime.

And in my head i was like" You just watch mainstream stuff ".

Also i hate how most  bronies dont even have enough brain mass to use their drawing skills to make a own equestriagirl/pony Oc and just use recoloured bases from the show.

AND THEY EVEN GET MONEY.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

Gosh i hate it so much when people watch like 3 anime and call themselfes experts.

A classmate said that he watches naruto , one piece and fairy tail and that he knows everything about anime.

And in my head i was like" You just watch mainstream stuff ".

The Anime classicism wars begin now,.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

Youre not an anime expert until youve watched Soul Eater

19 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Am I the only one who finds body pillows like what weebs have to be kind of sad and cringeworthy?

Yes but I still want one :v

+1 Cringe make it furry

as far as i see it.... Bronis are way more Cringe worthy than furries. i mean furries just dress up as animals but bronies watch and in some cases worship a tv show made for 6 year old kids. yes there are bronies who worship ponies.... what has this world come too

22 minutes ago, vexi fox said:

bronies watch and in some cases worship a tv show made for 6 year old kids

Furries are not exempt from this. I know of at least one or two even here that want to fuck Bugs Bunny.

Bronies, on the whole, tend to be more cringe,
but not for that reason specifically.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, vexi fox said:

it was just my opinion based on what I have seen

Which is fine and everything.

I'm just saying that on the criteria of obsessing over children's media alone, furries are massive hypocrites, because there are few and far between that don't have some cartoon animal as their sona.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vexi fox said:

bronies watch and in some cases worship a tv show made for 6 year old kids

a major yu-gi-oh board at one point prohibited making "what if" threads of any kind, pretty much claiming if the manga author didn't do it, it was unworthy of being discussed ever; there's also digimon fans, who act like said show is the best thing since sliced bread, but rarely have anything other than very faint praise to give it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Update on the suitmaker: turns out she's a nutter who on several occassions ends commissions out of the blue and only partially refunds her clients. First time a burglar broke into her house and stole a fursut head she was working on. Naturally, she blamed the client. Of course said client could have also not been a complete tool when responding to her.

Well, of course she's a nutter. She once said she would have easily been accepted into MIT if she didn't have a bad childhood. And then she gets offended by me asking about kitsune and kitsune suits because her BF is an otherkin and she knows about kitsune lore more than anyone else. Riiiiight.

Anyway, later on, suitmaker suddenly cancels another commission she had dragged her feet on for years after new client finally lost patience. Client asks for money back, only gets partial refund and the suit parts (which are of the person's fursona and business mascot) are offered to the suitmaker's patrons on patreon. Now, the client couldn't do anything about this because, of course, the suitmaker blocked her on every form of social media possible following the suit cancellation. It was only after much kicking and screaming that the suitmaker refunded a $500 indiegogo pledge for a suitmaking book project that isn't going anywhere.

Yeah, so much for "respect fursuit characters, Calemeyr, you're intolerant!"

Nope, this is more of "I own your character so don't even try going to another maker or I'll freak, and if you mistreat characters around me I'll ban you from my patreon". Best suitmaker ever who doesn't need to follow other artists? More like Jax the Purple Run-Away-With-Your-Money Bat.

And this person wants to eventually make SFX suits for Hollywood.

And this is why furry lifestylers piss me off.

/rant

I got a weaboo cringe one.

There was a girl I went to college with who used to try and "glomp" me. She wouldn't just lightly hug and release me either. She'd get a running start and fling herself at me then squeeze me as tightly as she could. Once she knocked me off of the bench I was sitting on and into a trashcan because I wasn't braced for impact. Even as I was trying to gather up all of my stuff  she keep saying "sorry" in an annoying baby voice. She honestly couldn't drop the stupid act for ten seconds to make a proper apology. She had a weird way of holding things. Everything was handled with the very tips of her fingers, some bizarre attempt to appear delicate and cutesy. She could never hand me anything either, she had to NUDGE it towards me. "Oh hey, I need that bag of magnets over there, can you pass that?" *Picks up bag. Puts it on the desk. Slowly nudges it a few inches at a time in my direction* She felt the need to hold tiny foods, like a chocolate truffle, in two hands and take NIBBLES instead of popping the whole thing in her mouth like a normal person. I tried to avoid her because she was very loud, got up in my personal space and constantly had her hands on me. Things I really wasn't able to handle back then and when I explained to her that she was exacerbating my PTSD she found that to be endearing. I was having issues sleeping, emotionally distancing myself from everyone and everything, constantly in a state of paranoia that would ramp up into full blown anxiety and feeling completely disconnected from my self to the point of questioning my own identity and her response to finding out about it was "dawwwwww". Look! Vulnerability! HOW CUTE! 

Someone finally spoke up and said she needed to tone it down because it got to a point where no one wanted to be seen with her and she went on a long rant about how WE were the ones who made HER feel awkward and uncomfortable. 

• Like 1

On July 10, 2016 at 10:46 PM, Tsuujou said:

14.png

The user seems familiar.

I recall another user on FAF getting upset about people making fun of furries and comparing being a furry to being a minority. I think he was trolled off.

I recently had a patron that was complete furry cringe who decided to see the 3D printers. It' so goddamn hard to not laugh when a guy with cat ears and a ragged tail walks in who meows and purrs every two to three sentences while you have to speak in a professional manner.

• Like 1

^^^Furries have a cringey tendency to latch onto a general rule of thumb as if it's an immutable truth and then endlessly pester people over it.

On one of the other furry groups, there's a furry who has become obsessed with policing "negativity," and who will now argue with people who are supposedly being "too negative," even if they've offered a constructive criticism, a legitimate concern, or a non-disruptive, low-key beef.

Then, we have sperglords who flip out whenever anyone, say, compares furries to LGBT people or dares to suggest furries are technically a minority because OH NOES SJWS DO THAT AND WE HAVE TO STOP DOING THAT OR ELSE PEOPLE WILL THINK WE ARE SJWS.Hakuna your tatas, furries.

30 minutes ago, Zeke said:

The user seems familiar.

I recall another user on FAF getting upset about people making fun of furries and comparing being a furry to being a minority. I think he was trolled off.

It was the same person. He was temp banned and then perma'd.

In an arguably similar vein, I'm extremely frustrated with furries who frankly lack serious insight into human nature, but don't have the sense or the humility to refrain from boldly jumping to conclusions about other people's behavior, proposing grand theories of human motivation, and/or creating over-arching societal models. They lack insight into their lack of insight, and their hubris is just embarrassing. Things really get cringey when they get defensive.

13 hours ago, Troj said:

On one of the other furry groups, there's a furry who has become obsessed with policing "negativity," and who will now argue with people who are supposedly being "too negative," even if they've offered a constructive criticism, a legitimate concern, or a non-disruptive, low-key beef.

Similarly, people who used "criticize" and "ridicule" interchangeably - there's a warhammer 40k forum which is populated with people like that, and its the one place even the anaonymity of the internet can't prevent me feeling embarrassed to use that site.

• Like 3

On May 22, 2017 at 8:05 PM, Troj said:

Then, we have sperglords who flip out whenever anyone, say, compares furries to LGBT people or dares to suggest furries are technically a minority because OH NOES SJWS DO THAT AND WE HAVE TO STOP DOING THAT OR ELSE PEOPLE WILL THINK WE ARE SJWS.Hakuna your tatas, furries.

Anyone who compares furries to minority groups need to have their computers taken away. Or smashed. Or both.

On May 22, 2017 at 8:32 PM, Troj said:

In an arguably similar vein, I'm extremely frustrated with furries who frankly lack serious insight into human nature, but don't have the sense or the humility to refrain from boldly jumping to conclusions about other people's behavior, proposing grand theories of human motivation, and/or creating over-arching societal models. They lack insight into their lack of insight, and their hubris is just embarrassing. Things really get cringey when they get defensive.

Furries who take their fandom seriously consider themselves to be not human at all to some degree. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Anyone who compares furries to minority groups need to have their computers taken away. Or smashed. Or both.

Well, compares them how? That's the point.

Someone who says that furries are an oppressed class who deserve legal protection because they are just like gay people or blacks needs to smacked upside the head.

Someone who says that furries are technically minority group because they're a small, fringe group of people; or who says that furry behaviors, problems, or in-group norms are similar to those seen in the LGBT community; or who notes that furry-hating appears to overlap with homophobia in various aspects is just stating an observation without necessarily being dramatic or cloying about it.

I get the impression that some young furs heard that comparing furries to other groups is absolutely forbidden, and nobody explained why certain types of comparisons or statements are obnoxious or problematic. The reason comparisons are "forbidden" is because furries have used false and insulting comparisons to play Oppression Olympics, and that's obnoxious.

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Furries who take their fandom seriously consider themselves to be not human at all to some degree. 

Yeah, no, that's irrelevant. Even if you think you're a wolf or a kumquat, if you're interpreting the behavior of other people in any way, or if you're proposing grand theories about how society or people are or should be, you should ideally have some insight into how humans think and operate. If you know or suspect that you're actually sub-par at understanding people or society, or realize you may have some "blindspots" when it comes to types of people or kinds of experiences, you should be prudent and modest in that regard, and you should at least avoid getting into intense battles with people over these topics. It's like how I don't try to check Stephen Hawking's math, because I know I'm bad at math.

• Like 2

I think my biggest issues have been with those people who can't really distinguish between a lifestyle and a hobby. They come off as a little obsessive, sometimes don't have the social knowledge to understand boundaries. They tend to be really casually sexual too. I do find it very weird when someone feels the need to "come out" as furry, like it's a sexuality. I also find it weird that their enjoyment of the fandom revolves completely around the sexual elements, like it's not even furry to them if it's not sexual on some level. Hearing that someone sat down his/her family to break the news to them always makes me cringe. It's that subset of the fandom that thinks it's ok to be gross to a children's cereal mascot on twitter and wear bondage gear in public spaces where it's not even really allowed, that I find problematic. One the one hand I hear people complaining that the rest of the community doesn't police these people hard enough but I don't think it's fair to put responsibility of grown ass adults who should know better on the rest of the fandom.  

• Like 1

Well, and what's interesting is that I know people who are lifestyle kinksters (including a small handful of furries), and they're totally cool people. I think the difference is that they radiate easygoing confidence and self-acceptance, and aren't pushy, cloying, or aggressive.

The annoying kinksters, in contrast, usually have terrible boundaries and no understanding of "time and place," and tend to radiate desperation, cluelessness, and neediness--or at least, that's been my read of them.

Oh, and sitting your family down like you're about to share your cancer diagnosis is an awful, idiotic way to "come out" to your parents (or anyone) about being furry. It immediately sends a non-verbal message that Something is Very Wrong.

9 minutes ago, QT Melon said:

I felt less bad when he wanted the characters to be 7 or 9 years old......ummm?

I hate the excuse that people make of "They're just drawings!"

You're still sexualizing the concept of children, and it's still pedophilic, you fuck.

• Like 1

I see someone has trotted out the Internet's favourite shrapnel explosive.

Moving away from that lovely topic... I don't feel comfortable making fun of people who mean well and cause no-one else trouble, but there is something uniquely mortifying about people who expect others to adhere to their bizarre neuroses and show zero regard for what others feel when confronted with the fact that others do not share their insular worldviews. And I think that's at the heart of pretty much all of these stories, and what makes them so eeeeuuuuggghhh: This total lack of self-awareness or sincere empathy. Being a dweeb and being an insensitive dweeb are very different.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

on hearing some power rangers seasons declared non-canon, a grown man asked if we - meaning himself and other grown men - had wasted the money they spent on merchandise from those seasons

i would've suspected if grown men wanted to spend money on power rangers toys, pedantic stuff  like canon wouldn't make a difference, but...

also, one time i made a thread on that power rangers forum, stating that western super sentai fans (the show power rangers gets much of footage from) should appreciate power rangers, as without it, they would not know super sentai existed and thus couldn't enjoy it (and similarly, anime .fans who learned of a show's existence from the western version should appreciate the dub for leading them to something they enjoyed).

cue one particular guy going off on a tirade about "if you love america so much" (i'm not even american, and perferences on kids shows are a ridiculous reason for a viewpoint on a country... and yes, the myth of shonen anime, etc. being for mature audiences was long dead at the time).

note: this "power rangers bashing" was more notable than even extreme anime fandoms - e.g., super sentai uses a gecko monster, fine, said episod gets adapted by power rangers, sentai fans are like, bring on the geico jokes, because a gecko monster is so funny it takes a year to mock it, apparently; or.... things disappear between shots in sentai, fine, power rangers uses that exact same footage, "this sucks, where'd those things go?"

• 4 weeks later...

Today I heard the world ponysexual used unironically by a man who claimed that he can not find human women attractive. All he likes are ponies. Not just any ponies but his specific pony of interest is Applebloom. That pony is a CHILD. An actual, in-grade-school, acts like a little kid, CHILD. 

What even....

Where do I start?

I can't...

No words.....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

Today I heard the world ponysexual used unironically by a man who claimed that he can not find human women attractive. All he likes are ponies. Not just any ponies but his specific pony of interest is Applebloom. That pony is a CHILD. An actual, in-grade-school, acts like a little kid, CHILD. 

What even....

Where do I start?

I can't...

No words.....

1498516080724.thumb.jpg.ca363d52b929933d53fae7aebd7f6f70.jpg

• Like 3

I've ran into so many furs on twitter that get upset when peoole call out other furs for being cringy in public. Like if I say "grinding on street lamps and annoying normies is weird, as is being a creeper at a playground, stop it", X furry will get all defensive and say "don't call us weird, I like suiting in public, I am an adult". Or "I'm sorry you feel that way".

One furry a while back said "you're a Republican if you tell me I shouldn't have public fursuit sex".

These people are getting upset like I insulted their mother or something. Does their sense of self-worth tie that deeply into their involvement with the fandom? Sad, man.

Weeb story here: My anime club is filled with creepy virgin loli fans. Every time there's a vote for what we want to watch, the otaku pandering crap always wins. And then everyone else is disappointed when it's over because the show sucked. At least the club admins gst to choose the third and final show of the day which usually ends up being pretty cool. We split anime into "old" (>4 years old) and "new" (<4 years), and have entertaining timeline labels for these categories (like Golem-2012 and 2012-UC 0079 for a mecha week). Anyway, for horror/supernatural week, I put "Yotsuya Kaidan" for the first "date". No one knew what it was, or who Oiwa was, despite it being arguably the most famous Japanese ghost story ever written. Admittedly that might be a bit unknown to Westerners, but it's bound to be something refernced somewhere in lots of anime.

There have been issues with particularly perverted and piggish shows being screened where woman are forcibly undressed/in pain from fanservice (no full nudity obviously). Female members complain, and then some guy says "well that's anime, if you don't like it you're in the wrong hobby". Said guy didn't know who Akira Kurosawa was, despite being an uber weeb. They also said "well you girls got us to watch Free so it's even". Not gonna say sexism...but sexism. 

Lastly, I was doing homework during a screening, which a guy asked about. I told him it was a quantized laser simulation (small-scale laser with quantized photon output and charge carrier density). He said that was boring and then said his music CD sorting algorithm homework was much more interesting. He then talked to his friends about going to a Love Live "concert" to see the cute girls on the big screen.

I hate weebs.

6 hours ago, Red Lion said:

What even....

Where do I start?

I can't...

No words.....

Oh man, I kind of feel really sad/sorry for that guy.

At least it keeps him out of the gene pool, I guess.

• Like 1

So more furry cringe: guy on twitter unleashes on another guy who spoke badly of Growly the pedo growlithe. The guy says "he's volunteered for countless events, what have YOU done for the fandom? Nothing!" The fact that Growly is allowed to volunteer sickens me. He's never shown signs of changing. He of course is more cautious due to him serving time, but damn...he was still soliciting minors on FA AFTER he served time, and of course Neer the irrelevant digimon took his sweet time banning the guy. But it actually came to Neer banning someone over criminal behavior, so you know it was bad.

So a NEET creeper defends one of his diddle buddies, and because his life is so lame, he measures your significance by how much you contribute to a talking dog head man fandom.

Oh, and the Confederate fursuit was at AC.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 5/25/2017 at 1:52 AM, QT Melon said:

I remember long ago a user used to make furry porn of a sonic styled character that was wheelchair ridden. I kinda felt bad because people think that disabled people don't have sex or sexual urges?

I felt less bad when he wanted the characters to be 7 or 9 years old......ummm?

Are you serious? That's so disgusting! I've seen on a weeaboo community someone who has neglecting his biologic parents and wanted to make a surgery in order to modify his face. He stated that his parents are japanese, and his father is Sailor Moon. Can you imagine that? I'm really sorry for his parents. Hope he'll overcome this stage soon! However, I thought that weeaboo is just about anime and manga, but this source of information https://thejapaneseway.com/what-is-a-weeb-weeaboo/ has opened my eyes. I just couldn't imagine that it is so complex.