Muslim students conquer prayer room, try to enforce rules for women

Käpt'n

Muslim students at the Technical University of Dortmund (my university, actually) took control of what was supposed to be a religiously neutral room for students of all faiths that they could use for prayers and meditation:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/02/10/students-turn-common-room-into-mosque-demand-women-veil-and-segregate/

They put up a makeshift room divider made of shelves and other stuff to seperate the room into a bright and big area for men and a smaller, darker area for women. The article shows an actual photo of that.
Then they actually placed muslim men at the door to stop women from entering who didn't wear headscarfs, used parfume or were wearing revealing clothes.
Inside the room they handed out flyers with rules on how women should behave.

The directorate of the university then decided to temporarily close the room and talked to the ones responsilbe. Clearer rules were set in place for the room and it was opened again.

But guess what? Shortly afterwards the room divider was back and the whole thing started all over again. Now the room is closed permanently, the directorate said they did it to protect constitutional laws and to protect the equality of men and women.

The shocking part? Roughly 400 students are protesting against that decision!
Not because they want their prayer room back, but because they are accusing the directorate of being islamophobic, racist and discriminatory!
Think about that for a moment... In their mind protecting German laws, which the university is obligated to do AND which protect their religious freedom to begin with, is racist and islamophobic. That's how deranged and retarded these people are.

And it gets worse! This happens in all universities that have prayer rooms! After a short amout of time they are all being occupied by mudslime students!
At the university of Bochum radical salafists, many of which were not even students there, used the prayer room to have their meetings! The police got wind of that and the room had to be closed as well.
Unfortunately I can't find an English source for that, so here is the German article on that event: http://www.derwesten.de/staedte/bochum/ermittlung-gegen-sami-a-gebetsraum-der-hochschule-bochum-geschlossen-id7157715.html

We are sacrificing ourselves for the sake of multiculturalism...

Edited by Käpt'n

Let them have the room. Then just seal it off. Or send in drones while they're all in one place. :v

Honestly I have no fucking clue. The ideals of a secular establishment are designed to be fair, it's atrocious that groups like this will always try to ruin it. Might be best to just do away with the quiet room altogether. Let them cry. They'll get over it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Käpt'n said:

Muslim students at the Technical University of Dortmund (my university, actually) took control of what was supposed to be a religiously neutral room for students of all faiths that they could use for prayers and meditation:

DEUS VULT!
56bc719db6ede_DeusVult.png.66e3d0bb48717

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Funny stuff.

Your signature is very accurate in this regard.

1 hour ago, FlynnCoyote said:

Let them have the room. Then just seal it off. Or send in drones while they're all in one place. :v

Honestly I have no fucking clue. The ideals of a secular establishment are designed to be fair, it's atrocious that groups like this will always try to ruin it. Might be best to just do away with the quiet room altogether. Let them cry. They'll get over it.

Right, it's supposed to be fair to give all students equal opportunities. And they are throwing it out the window and now they have the guts to complain about not getting it their way!
I know a lovely place where they can be pricks to women all day! It's called the mud where they came crawling from!

What happens if people say a big fat "fuck you" to assholes who do this stuff?

I'll be honest here, I think the fact that we have a word for "islamophobia" is complete fucking bullshit. All of a sudden it's become fashionable to protect the delicate muslims and their culture, and why that is is a mystery to me. At the end of the day, they hate my people, and so they are my enemy. They also hate gays, so the enemy of my friend is my enemy.

Fuck this bullshit. I'm scared to openly complain about this kind of thing (or even post anything remotely like I said above) because people will call me racist scum for it. So I don't say anything, and almost no one says anything, and they get away with even more bullshit.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Saxon said:

It's disappointing that hundreds of students would accuse Dortmund of institutional islamophobia, for failing to provide Muslims the right to boss women around. 

In England, a group of Muslim women recently wrote a letter to the labour party telling them that the Muslim councilors in their ranks were almost exclusively men, and were systemically misogynistic, doing their best to prevent women from reaching positions of authority. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35504185

What a surprise :T

The problem is simply that islam is an incredibly aggressive religion that aims to spread as much as possible, and in a much more aggressive way than the other religious fairytales.
So naturally when you give muslims a certain degree of freedom (in this case religious freedom) they will abuse it and try to become the dominant force, just like it happens in these prayer rooms.

8 minutes ago, Alexxx-Returns said:

What happens if people say a big fat "fuck you" to assholes who do this stuff?

I'll be honest here, I think the fact that we have a word for "islamophobia" is complete fucking bullshit. All of a sudden it's become fashionable to protect the delicate muslims and their culture, and why that is is a mystery to me. At the end of the day, they hate my people, and so they are my enemy. They also hate gays, so the enemy of my friend is my enemy.

Fuck this bullshit. I'm scared to openly complain about this kind of thing (or even post anything remotely like I said above) because people will call me racist scum for it. So I don't say anything, and almost no one says anything, and they get away with even more bullshit.

In regard to religion this political correctness has gone way too far. People need to realize that there are "cultures" out there that are entirely inferior to ours and that pose a threat to our society.
I am not against arabic people coming to Germany. At all. But you have to draw a line somewhere and that line is crossed when they try to dominate us with their nonsense.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

In regard to religion this political correctness has gone way too far. People need to realize that there are "cultures" out there that are entirely inferior to ours and that pose a threat to our society.
I am not against arabic people coming to Germany. At all. But you have to draw a line somewhere and that line is crossed when they try to dominate us with their nonsense.

Yeah exactly. If someone goes to a country and abides by what that country sees as acceptable behaviour, that's fine. I don't have any problem with muslims who keep their religion to themselves. I had a pretty cool flatmate a couple of years ago who I thought was a christian for the longest time because of something she said once. But then I feel the same way about christians.

But if someone invites you into their home to stay, it's rude as fuck to tell them to live by your rules. And if you invite someone into your home to stay, and they tell you to live by their rules, you ask them to stop being an asshole and live by your rules. And if they keep on going, you kick them out. Do the far left forego this on a country-wide scale because you can't claim land as belonging to one group of people over another? I mean, that makes sense but you still have to draw a line somewhere.

16 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I don't think religious freedom is the problem; I think the problem is that most European Muslims live in insular communities and that outsiders have become convinced that criticising doctrines or religious practices is tantamount to hate speech. 

People criticise Catholicism all the time, and they still have their religious freedom. I think we should have a similar attitude towards Islam. 

Religious freedom isn't the problem, it's the fact that they are taking advantage of this religious freedom that's the problem.
They are twisting it from "everyone can be religious as long as you don't piss people off with it" into "everyone can be religious as long as you don't piss people off with it but we can do what we want, no one is allowed to criticise us and if you do you are racist!"

There absolutely needs to be more open criticism against islam.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Käpt'n said:

Religious freedom isn't the problem, it's the fact that they are taking advantage of this religious freedom that's the problem.
They are twisting it from "everyone can be religious as long as you don't piss people off with it" into "everyone can be religious as long as you don't piss people off with it but we can do what we want, no one is allowed to criticise us and if you do you are racist!"

There absolutely needs to be more open criticism against islam.

Emphasis on the bold point. It's interesting that there isn't actually an officially recognized word for "Racist but against religions" google gives us this as the top result "Religious hatred is the term for hating a religion. Adding -ism onto a word does not turn it into a system of hatred (see multiple above answers). Racism is not the hatred of other races. It is the belief that your own race is superior."

What they do is sexist though and i still can't understand why you move/flee/legally/illegally shift to another country only to try and uproot your entire belief and governing systems especially refuge seekers "gosh our country (typically ran under our religious ideals) sure does suck! lets go somewhere else where this isn't an issue and make it an issue!" Cake, eating+possessing etc....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Liovaire said:

Emphasis on the bold point. It's interesting that there isn't actually an officially recognized word for "Racist but against religions" google gives us this as the top result "Religious hatred is the term for hating a religion. Adding -ism onto a word does not turn it into a system of hatred (see multiple above answers). Racism is not the hatred of other races. It is the belief that your own race is superior."

What they do is sexist though and i still can't understand why you move/flee/legally/illegally shift to another country only to try and uproot your entire belief and governing systems especially refuge seekers "gosh our country (typically ran under our religious ideals) sure does suck! lets go somewhere else where this isn't an issue and make it an issue!" Cake, eating+possessing etc....

The funny thing is that they call people racist even though "muslim" isn't a race :P I'm sure they like to do it because the word carries more weight.

As for the other part of your post, that is how islam works. It spreads. Sure, they want to come here because it's better than in their home countries, but it is deeply engrained into their culture to spread islam and their way of living as much as possible. They see islam as the ultimate solution to everything so other people need to follow it.

6 hours ago, Käpt'n said:

The funny thing is that they call people racist even though "muslim" isn't a race :P

That presupposes a certain definition of race i.e as a solely biological category.  If one looks into the subject of defining race you will find that the definition of race is a hotly debated topic with arguments on multiple sides with various strengths and weaknesses.  I plan on making a post later detailing a relatively new way of looking at what race is and how it is created.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Joel said:

What's stopping people from tearing down the wall and saying للعنة عليك to them and their bull shit 

Why limit yourself to tearing down the wall?

The room will be used as a normal University room again, for whatever the physicist will do with it.

13 minutes ago, I Did It For The Cat Girls said:

Discussions about Muslim aggression against native Europeans would bear meaningful gains if Europeans (and Westerners in general) would actually take the time to understand that this entire situation is entirely the West's fault.

basically this. like this doesn't excuse the stuff going on right now nor would I say it's justified, but most of this stuff probably wouldn't be happening right now if we knew how to mind our own business. :/

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Käpt'n said:

They see islam as the ultimate solution to everything so other people need to follow it.

12 hours ago, Käpt'n said:

People need to realize that there are "cultures" out there that are entirely inferior to ours and that pose a threat to our society.

This is exactly what both sides are thinking of the other, and maybe this says something about what is actually going on.

"They are backwards. Their morals are skewed the wrong way, and the actions they take based on these must not be tolerated. They wish for us to act, think, and believe like them and attempt to make it so. We must rid ourselves of them."

1 hour ago, I Did It For The Cat Girls said:

Discussions about Muslim aggression against native Europeans would bear meaningful gains if Europeans (and Westerners in general) would actually take the time to understand that this entire situation is entirely the West's fault.

46 minutes ago, willow said:

basically this. like this doesn't excuse the stuff going on right now nor would I say it's justified, but most of this stuff probably wouldn't be happening right now if we knew how to mind our own business. :/

There is good reason to connect Islamic extremism, fundamentalism, and anti-Western attitudes to politics, but not just Western politics. Much of this apparent religious extremism is actually rooted in a normal conflict between a people and those they see as the enemy. This has happened many times and will happen for as long as I can see.

As far as I can gather, real modern Islamic extremism, terrorism, and radicalism started shortly after Ottoman entry into and loss of WWI. Before that you had rulers of those areas like Mahmud II (Ottoman/Turkish) that had pushed for judicial and military reforms and Vossug ed Dowleh (Iranian/Persian) that had pushed for democracy and a people largely supportive of such moves.

What happened afterwards?

• The Ottoman Empire underwent military reforms at the same time as political reforms and wars, which bred conflict between the military, people, and government.
    • The people were unhappy about this, and many turned to Islam. Traditional Islamic and Arabic dress begins to become popular again, as they saw Western culture as just another part of the West's dominance in the states of the area.
  • This conflict helped cause the Ottoman Empire to enter WWI despite the sultan's wishes.
    • Nobody that got involved in this war was happy. Unhappy people like stronger religious influence in their lives.
  • WWI destroyed the Ottoman control or influence over huge portions of Africa, the Balkans, and Asia.
    • Because the Egyptians were certainly happy about British and French rule, why not give it to most of another distressed and destroyed empire that has already turned to fundamentalism against the same two countries?

The Second World War, Cold War, and extended fall of the traditional European empire did not help solve those problems. Even things as little as the U.S. and USSR influencing states in the area caused the expulsion of most of the democratic, liberal, and constitutional parties. The constitutional party that first got democracy in Iran does not even exist there anymore; it is based in Los Angeles, U.S.A.

Some of the same kinds of problems even radicalized many Europeans for some of the same time. As their enemies were mostly others of the same religion, though, they had other ideas to back their radicalization. Nationalism and patriotism were some of the strongest during that time, and they became indistinguishable from religion in some cases. Even the self-proclaimed communists used nationalism to rally the people.

It does not mean that any of it is permissible, but understanding some of the problems that influenced the ones we have now goes a long way in knowing how to solve them. Problems are rarely so simple as having one cause, one solution, and one resolution. As such, blaming and fighting Islam by itself may do little but to make it and the other problems worse.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Saxon said:

I don't think religious freedom is the problem; I think the problem is that most European Muslims live in insular communities and that outsiders have become convinced that criticising doctrines or religious practices is tantamount to hate speech. 

People criticise Catholicism all the time, and they still have their religious freedom. I think we should have a similar attitude towards Islam. 

You don't see a lot of radical Catholics. You don't see a bunch of nuns stoning women to death for having sex outside of marriage. You don't see Catholic priests lighting people on fire for being apostates or atheists. 

You might see a Protestant doing those things but a Catholic? Never. 

Islam is like Southern Protestantism, only taken to extremes that would make your average Baptist go "Whoa now, sonny, that's going too far." It's not a religion worthy of respect, and those who follow it or prop it up or act as apologists for it are not worthy of respect either. 

The main difference between Christians and Islamists is this: A Christian puts on a good show but doesn't really believe a word of it. Most Christians are complete hypocrites and they know it. Islamists? They believe. They believe TOTALLY. UTTERLY. WITHOUT QUESTION. Their belief = reality. And that is a power that is too terrible to be left in the hands of people like them. 

Edited by AlexInsane
  • Like 1

Catholicism is a lot like the Mob - once you're in, you're good. Everyone might hate your fucking guts and wish painful death upon you, but the bonds of family are stronger than any hatred, any sin. 

As for condoms spreading AIDS...what? I mean, what in the actual fuck? That's impossible. Anyone with half a brain could figure out that's impossible. That's like saying "DON'T DRINK WATER, IT'LL DEHYDRATE YOU." It's bullshit and it's not even good bullshit, it's not even CLEVER bullshit, it's just bullshit. 

1 hour ago, GamingGal said:

Reading through this thread so far, all I can think is how much it bothers me you guys are judging an entire religion (Islam) based off the actions of whatever extremists crop up.

Personally, I am judging ALL religions as retarded. Not their followers though!
But you have to understand, this isn't a unique case. This happens in universities all over Germany where they are offering prayer rooms.
Also, islam in general is tied to the very violent cultures of eastern countries. Where equality for women is completely off the table and where people who don't follow islam are being put in jail or executed.
Not all muslims are violent. I am aware of that. However, a large amount of them is. And there are enough people like that to call islam a global problem that needs to be addressed.

• Like 5

On 11/02/2016 at 11:06 AM, Käpt'n said:

We are sacrificing ourselves for the sake of multiculturalism...

We don't have a multiculturalism problem, we have a Muslim problem.

And I think a big part of the problem is that in the West we have gotten so used to everybody getting along (relatively), that we don't know how to deal with a culture that doesn't. Apparently it's very difficult to find a response that falls between "kick them all out." and "Why yes, I'd love that cock up my ass.".

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Vitaly said:

Just find out which side bans bacon and choose the opposite.

Yeah.... I may have accidentally served a dish with bacon in it to someone with a cultural opposition to it at my work once ..... that.... it went really really poorly.

But to be fair! they didn't communicate that when ordering so i made the item to the usual recipe >:(

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Liovaire said:

Yeah.... I may have accidentally served a dish with bacon in it to someone with a cultural opposition to it at my work once ..... that.... it went really really poorly.

But to be fair! they didn't communicate that when ordering so i made the item to the usual recipe >:(

Its their fault for not telling you their dietary requirements, its like they expected you to just make assumptions :L

Edited by Naesaki

39 minutes ago, Hakar-Kerarmor said:

And I think a big part of the problem is that in the West we have gotten so used to everybody getting along (relatively), that we don't know how to deal with a culture that doesn't. Apparently it's very difficult to find a response that falls between "kick them all out." and "Why yes, I'd love that cock up my ass.".

Yeah, that is a problem. And they are shamelessly abusing this attitude that we have.
The problem with islamic culture is that it demands to be respected and tolerated at all cost, but it offers neither respect nor tolerance for other cultures because it sees itself as the absolute solution.
An absolute solution that made them flee from their own shithole of a country to begin with >__>

By the way, you know what I like this forum, and also about FAF back in the day? I can say this without getting banned :P On a German board where I post regularly they actually made a thread just for discussions on religion and in it you pretty much aren't allowed to criticise religion at all, or at least not on the level that I criticise it on. My warning level there is at 40% and I got banned once for 30 days X3

11 minutes ago, Liovaire said:

Yeah, because when it benefits them it's fine to assume they are muslim/jewish/whatever. But if you assume that in any other situation you are a bigot and a racist :V
I was at McDonalds once and a guy there complained about bacon being in his Big Tasy Bacon. It's in the name... He didn't tell them that he doesn't want bacon, I was standing behind him as he ordered it. He was making a huge fuzz about that!

Honestly, any religion that tries to tell me what I can and can't eat can piss right off. If you tell me that salvation only awaits those who don't eat bacon then I'd rather burn in hell forever! I bet they have bacon down there, too.

Edited by Käpt'n

Mmm, bacon.

Mmm, gay sex.

Mmm, equality of the genders.

But if we become a bunch of cucks, we would lose such amazing freedoms.

It's one thing to accept people's religions, it's another to allow them to impose their laws on your land. While I do not think we should ban Islam or anything like that, I also think we should keep separation of church and state, and we should value personal freedom above the strict rules of religions.

And that, my friends, was a 'Murrican rant. Until next time, peace.

7 hours ago, Saxon said:

How am I responsible for actions taken by dead ancestors, which caused a cascade of violence? 

I'm definitely going to sit about feeling so guilty about this. O_o 

Furthermore, I don't think this is a suitable explanation for a disjunct between western values and the values of western muslims. I think that's because the muslims who were invited to stay in the west collected in inward-looking communities, and hence weren't assimilated. That's why people are surprised when they find misogynistic or homophobic attitudes which died out in the course of the twentieth century are still alive and well in some muslim communities. 

One no reasonable person is saying that you are responsible for their actions and two no reasonable person is saying you should feel guilty about it.  However if one does not look back and understand how the current situation came to be it is easy to unintentionally perpetuate the antagonism that has been created between these two different cultures.  One can see that the rise of fundamental Islam and the increase of religious fervor throughout the Middle East can be attributed in part to colonial attitudes held by many Europeans in the past.  These colonial ideals such as the belief that we need to impose our culture on others without them having a say in the matter ends up pushing people more inward and this is further exacerbated by the ghost of colonial thinking that still persists throughout Europe.  Its so easy and tempting to label other cultures as barbaric and in need of being saved through assimilation into our more enlightened culture, but we need to realize this line of thinking as the problematic colonial thinking that it really is.

You also say that Muslims collected in inward-looking communities, but it would be more accurate to say there were coerced into said communities.  When most people immigrate to a new country they are usually poor and vulnerable.  They typically do no have much money, a poor understanding of the new culture they are exposed to, they do not have a perfect grasp of the language of the new country, and they meet with hostility and bigotry from people living within their new home.  These factors among others leave them with no effective choice but to turn towards said inward-looking communities.  Also if you were to go to my thread about race as a technology you could see how these situations are created and/or exacerbated by sovereign power.

You also say that misogynistic and homophobic attitudes have died out, but I still see such problems alive and well throughout the western world.  So to say that these are problems only endemic of Muslim communities is flat out inaccurate and misleading.