"How was your day?" Thread

Terminal7

Basically as the title says: "How was your day?"

This thread is for posts that you may not consider to be Rant/Rave/Vent thread worthy,  but feel the need or desire to share. 

I will not tolerate arguments or insults here, some people seriously don't need criticism about their life at the moment. 

Unless the user blatantly asks and/or presents thoughts of suicide, don't give advice.

Ooo yay, a mini rant thread! I will try not to abuse you often, thread.

So today started off crappy so far (not much more of it left, but I'm trying very hard to focus on the fact that there is some left that might be bearable). It's extremely cold and extremely windy, not much snow at least. I had to work a pittly little 3 hour shift, which normally I wouldn't be doing because by the time you calculate gas to get there and taxes, its hardly worth it, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Work went ok, as swell as it possibly could I suppose. Get out of work and go to the store to get cat food, but they're out of the large bag. Sort of good because in this insane cold I didn't really want to carry both the pop I bought and a huge bag of food up to my apartment. Also bad though because you save some money buying the bigger bag and I need to save all I can right now. Oh well. Cherry on top is that when I'm walking back out to my car from the store, I notice my rear right tire is flat. I knew my left rear was going to need air soon, but wanted to wait until it wasn't so frigid out. Luckily a gas station that offered air was nearby the store I was at, but of course they charge for air now, which is ridiculous... They take credit cards apparently, but luckily I have quarters for laundry in my car. Rear right won't fill at all, bugger is definitely done for. I fill the other 3 up, but ran out of time because I spent too long messing with the flat, so I had to pay a total of $2 to finish the other 3 off. I call my dad and ask him if he happens to have a spare because I sure as fuck can't afford one right now, he's not sure but supposedly I already have one. Well that's great, right? Problem is, they don't make cars with short people in mind... I can't reach the damn tire the way it's stuck in the base of my trunk. So I have to ask my poor dad who just got home from somewhere to come half an hour in the freezing cold to help me put my spare tire on. Oh, and there's a chance it might not even be a working spare because this same tire spot has gone flat before and I had to use my spare already. I think I remember him saying he patched the last one and put it back, but the way this day is going I'm not so sure its going to work out. Typing this as I sit here at the gas station parking lot, so I dunno if it works yet. Will update this whenever I make it home. Sigh.

Edit: Got home maybe an hour and a half to two hours after posting this. Luckily my spare tire was fine, but it's a "doughnut" and I need to get a new set of tires ASAP. There goes most of my tax return when I get it! Also took me forever to warm up after standing out in that super freezing wind with what I had on. Had a very nice hot shower almost as soon as I got home, but was still freezing after getting out. After eating, having a nice cup of hot cocoa followed by a very short nap I'm mostly warm, but it's only just now that I'm starting to feel normal with a blanket still on. Because of all the "fun" I didn't get to play any Rainbow Six Siege at all today (wanted to play some ranked), which is a big bummer. Also having issues doing a simple support request on the website I admin for because our database is a fucking mess. I was going to train my new guy tonight, just some run of the mill support requests to give him to do with me guiding him through... First one, ez pz. Second one, not so much... fuck you, "unknown error".

Edited by Kinare

I just worked first of four 12+ hour days and my 5th day our of 10 working in a row at my job, because I make shit for Valentine's day. Had about 100 orders, my fingers are dead, I want my legs amputated and I have to get up at 3 tomorrow to do it again. If it sounds like I'm being overworked, I am but I asked for this. I am killing myself to make money and boy will I have bank if I survive.

Fuck it, I'm gonna mix myself a drink and pill myself to sleep in a few hours.

still headachey and woozy, hoping it's just a bug that will go away soon.  but taking antibiotics at the same time isn't exactly helping me feel better on a physical level.  though at least it takes away some of the stress of worrying about my infection getting worse.  i love how i can't just get sick, i have to get multiple things at the same time.  because my immune system is garbage and my body has been trying to kill me for years.  damn garbage body.  but hey, the panic attack is a thing of the past; i'll take mild headaches, dizziness, diarrhea, and having to pee every five minutes over suffocating fits of shaking and crying any day. 

i've had a lovely week.  i am grateful for today.  but still pissed that i can't go outside and take my walk.

Today has been decidedly 'meh'

Waiting for a prescription so I can finally deal with my ADHD and be productive again, frustrated with the idiots I live with (seriously, how are two people in their 30's this bad at being responsible adults)

Par for the course really.

Edited by ChaosCalix

My day was very cold and very fast. I came down this thing over and over, and finally got good enough to take a blue track (they go green, blue, black, double black). Still fell on the first narrow steep slope and hit hard on the side of my ribs. Almost knocked the wind out of me, and thought I'd get a bruise, but I guess I'm wearing enough padding. But, I did a blue! Yay me!

20160212_151254.thumb.jpg.75f0e05e38836b

That looks sweet Rassah, I'm jealous. My day started with a semi annual dental cleaning then working from home.  I made us a venison roast from a deer I bagged before Thanksgiving that was delicious.  Now I'm drinking wine and about to chill.  I'm renovating a room in our house tomorrow so I have some work to do that involves renting a floor sander.  No rest for the weary.

I only kill women and children.  

I've sanded other parts of our house before.  The sellers carpeted the whole damn shebang back in the 80s for reasons unknown.  I can tell you all about it.  Rental is $65 for the day and you just pull it towards yourself.  Saves thousands.  

• Like 1

I had a really good day. I'm a lot further along in my work than my boss thought I was, so he was impressed with my progress. Lunch was good, left over Italian from my favorite place, ate the left overs for dinner too since it was so much food. I don't go into work until next Friday, so I have a nice 6 day weekend. Gonna head to bed early and get up early to finish some commissions. Excited for the next few days of relaxing.

2 hours ago, ChaosCalix said:

Today has been decidedly 'meh'

Waiting for a prescription so I can finally deal with my ADHD and be productive again, frustrated with the idiots I live with (seriously, how are two people in their 30's this bad at being responsible adults)

Par for the course really.

Welp. Update. Now today is below average. Was going to a free gig earlier today with some bands I wanted to see, BUT... cancelled at last second because the person I was going with got sick, and my friends were already there. Because of parking issues, they couldn't just come and pick me up or it would be impossible to find a space anywhere nearby.

That's a shame.

Had an alright day I guess. Took a shower, played some Smash Bros and Mario Kart with my little sibs, got unreasonably angry over not having bread for my turkey sandwich, risked frostbite for no good reason other than fuck winterwear, and watched some X-Files with chili-flavored Fritos. Now the pre-workday depression is setting in... :/ Think I'll go make that turkey sandwich.

1 minute ago, #00Buck said:

Is that a cube made of deli meat? 

Well, I looked it up afterwords and It's shité. It's a bootleg rubiks cube you buy from your local 99 cent sweatshop.

But just imagine it was just a cube of meat - reeks of BOI Afterbirth all over. 

Today was bittersweet. Had my 2 year anniversary with my gf, gave her a sappy love letter and cooked her a steak dinner. We did a lot of arguing too though, she has been off her SSRIs for a few weeks now (starting them again on monday, yay) and things have been stressful and on edge to say the least. Really accelerated my smoking habit too, but I'll most likely just take a break when this pouch of tobaccy runs out as I usually do. 

In other news I decided I was gonna learn to draw so that I can doodle myself as a manimal, wish me luck, cuz I already can't stand how awful I am at it x3

The most important thing is that charlie and I worked it out and didn't go to bed angry despite everything. It's one of the many reasons I've stuck with her this long already~

Got a pair of new shoes. Have had the ones I've had for at least 3 years. They were unexpectedly resilient in the end. Also ate some cappelletti in broth. The broth was a little too watered unfortunately but eh, shit happens. 'Twas a decent meal anyway

9 hours ago, Terminal7 said:

Who was the guy who said that again?  Wasn't it Ruben Cube or something like that?

As a GTA San Andreas lover I will never forget this jam

Just now, Rassah said:

Relationships are all about sharing!

My day was great. Spent it all in the back seat of a car, posting on this forum, wasting time on Facebook, and reading my instructional book about bees. All in all a nice day.

Is that in the same series as "An Illustrated Book About Birds"? :V

• Like 1

Unable to do anything productive today due to having my hands mauled by a cat before going out on a date yesterday, so now I'm unable to use my hands effectively without discomfort due to the inflammation and swelling.

On the plus side after some quick first aid, the rest of the day went well.

I wasted two+ hours of my life today watching Zoolander 2 with my wife.  She loved it.  I fell asleep.  It's fucking horrible.  Oh, and I also rented a floor sander and sanded a 50 year old oak floor in a bedroom so I felt like I got something done.  

On 2/13/2016 at 9:57 PM, LazerMaster5 said:

Today I Skyped with some of the forum furfags. WolfNight accidentally posted uncensored pr0nz in the group chat. Good times.

I THOUGHT WE WERE ALL ADULTS IN PRIVATE NON-PUBLIC SITUATIONS

OT: Today I woke up, took a shower, realized my roommate dissappeared. Threatened to ground her at the suggestion of my gf. Realized she was at work. Carried on with my life which basically involved eating an entire pizza by myself. Briefly skyping. Googling 'DA cat fursonas' for the lulz. Attempting to play a multiplayer game. Getting a dissapointed phone call from my parents because im an idiot and messed something up again. Playing binding of issac in the meantime whilst pestering my roommate about game related things. Realizing I cant play tf2 on any computers because they arent downloaded. Messing around on phoenix until I had to walk an hour to work.walked an hour to work. Worked. Got keys from said roommate. Worked. Ice cream. Drove home. Opened door to house to hear roommate attempting to pretend fap in my room with crude cheek-flapping noises. Attempted to not roll my eyes. Failed. Proceeded to eat said ice cream. Literal passive aggressive roommate note on stove. Roommate being hyper and derpy as per the usual. Locking myself in my room at night to post banal yet somehow detailed facets of my day on an obscure forum devoted to animal people enthusiasts whilst lowly blasting edgy music taste from pandora on speaker.

Well, nothing special happened on Saturday, so I'll talk about Friday. In the middle of one of my classes, a couple of people came and wanted to interview me about that class. You know, stuff like "What was the most meaningful lesson you've learned from this class?" I ended up being an awkward mess and I could see them getting irritated at me asking for clarification after most of the questions. Usually I would beat myself up over this sort of this thing, but honestly I think it's hilarious. I feel bad for whoever has to edit whatever video that is going in.

Met up with furries, with Sake and Beer ate Yakitori, Takoyaki, and Ramen. Literally "talked shit." Played board games. Smuggled more contraband than anyone had ever seen. Passed and collected mad bribes. Money got took. I won the game. You know. Gangsta shit. 

Edited by #00Buck
  • Like 3