Hardcore Henry- A first person action film

DrDingo

7 minutes ago, Derin Darkpaw said:

It looks incredibly generic and cliched.  The only slightly interesting thing it has going for it is the perspective, but I feel like that is way to gimmicky to actually render any quality to the film.

I think they're going for a 'Mad Max' kinda feel by skipping plot and focusing on visuals to make it really memorable.

The film seems to play like a video game, in that the main character has to learn abilities as they progress.

I think I'll be keeping a close eye on this

Edited by DrDingo

The perspective isn't even that different cause it reminds me a lot of Cloverfield. Mind you I just skimmed the trailer of this new movie and my sound is off, but it looks really cliche and boring. Generic beautiful blonde, generic action scenes, generic shooty guns. Meh.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

I am having horrible flashbacks of that old doom movie.

I think the movie has a chance of working, a slim one mind you. Looks fairly unique.

That's what I was thinking. It's like they took the one good scene from that movie and ran with it.

But there's a lot of people who get motion sickness from just watching other people play first person games, I have a feeling it's not going to go so well trying to watch this in theatres.

Just now, Chrysocyon said:

That's what I was thinking. It's like they took the one good scene from that movie and ran with it.

But there's a lot of people who get motion sickness from just watching other people play first person games, I have a feeling it's not going to go so well trying to watch this in theatres.

"Good scene"? That scene was so painful to watch.

I remember a similar fps music video for some russian trance artist or something and it went viral a couple of years ago. This movie feels like a supersized version of it.