Tim Hortons and Bitcoin Megathread

Pignog

Act IIIa: Machine of Death Introduction and Onnes

Machine of Death is a neat little card game where you try to murder a bunch of characters (usually 4 in a normal game but we did 5 to get through some profiles). The stock characters and stories were contributed by a variety of webcomic artists and creative people (including one of my favs, Meredith Gran), but players also have the option of thinking up their own scenarios and characters. 

So basically, players read the character biography which tells them their target's location and activities, their likes and dislikes, and any other relevant information that could be used to think up an assassination plot. Then, players draw a card that indicates what they need to use to kill their target, along with three other cards that represent materials they need to use in cooking up their plot. It's basically a story-telling game at this point. Next, players assign a difficulty ranking to each of the three parts of the plan, ranging from '2' (airtight plan) to '6' (requires a miracle). A '1' represents a plan failing so spectacularly it can actually succeed on a coin toss. A 90 second timer begins and each player tells an aspect of the story and rolls to see if it succeeds. A successful die roll (equal to or higher than the difficulty rating) means you move to the next part of the plan, while a failure means that a new material card is swapped in, and the players have to think up a contingency plan on the fly (eg. We used an animal card (bees) to kill someone allergic to honey, it failed, so we used a metal card (robot bees) to finish the job). 

If the plan is a success and there's still time, players can go into a bonus section where they comfort next-of-kin, hold a memorial service, think up an alibi, roll dice like during the plan, and win fantastic prizes (!!!) if these things succeed. Anyway, those're the basics of the game, so let's see how everyone did. I'm writing a lot of this from memory, so if I've messed up somewhere or omitted neat stuff then Buck or Kazooie can chime in and correct me. Roommate did us a solid and took some notes during the whole thing. 

Onnes

jiJ2nMZ.jpg

For Onnes we drew “Recycling” as his cause of death. For materials we had to use “Vehicle”, “Vehicle”, and “Smaller Than A Golf Ball”. I remember we talked about all the nerd beer Onnes was drinking at the bar, and it basically being recycled into urine in the bathroom. So we spent some time trying to orchestrate a plan around the urinal but the vehicles didn't really fit. We settled on using a really big truck driven by some random asshole through the front of the bar. It blocks the front exit and creates a panic. The difficulty rating is set to '3', not airtight but it's a giant truck plowing through a bar. 

From the side a recycling truck crashes through and tries to run Onnes over. The recycling truck driver hops out with some kind of firearm to finish the job. The difficulty rating is set to '4', the recycling truck isn't as durable as the big rig and the driver is some rando we hired off the street, with a vendetta against Onnes.

It was originally going to be an uzi or a machinegun and the guy would simply spray bullets, but we interpreted the smaller than a golfball thing to mean a single use item. So the machinegun became a blackpowder firearm, like a musket or a blunderbuss loaded with a musketball. The hired gun is  wearing the confederate flag, and the last words Onnes hears is, “fuck math, bud for lyfe.”  We figured this guy didn't really know what he was doing, and the musket is a one shot deal, so the difficluty is set to '5'.

The last part of the plan failed repeatedly, like four times I think. So the idiot rando missed and we drew "Made of Metal". We rolled to see if shrapnel from the missed shot killed Onnes but that also failed. We drew "Mysterious Artefact" and "Public Domain Character" afterward too but I can't remember what these did. All I know is a public domain character ended up killing Onnes and we ended just as the timer went off.

Edited by Pignog
remembered some stuff
  • Like 3

Act IIIb: Zara and Evan

oIldPaE.jpg

Zaraphayx

For Zara we drew “Rubber” as the murder tool, and “Made of Paper”, “Nature”, and “Something Red” for our war materiel. Since Onnes had already died, Zara's “God of Shitposting” was not in effect (good because it's broken as hell). Sometimes these scenarios almost write themselves. We unanimously agreed that with Zara's love of weiners we'd have to kill him with a Bad Dragon dildo. But the problem became how to get it into a wizard tower on top of an active volcano. We decided to send a paper package by UPS. UPS doesn't always get there, and a few probably fall into the volcano each year, but Zara's supplies of peanut butter and shit still get through, so the difficulty was set at '3'.

The Bad Dragon was coated in a natural poison. Zara was also aware rubber would kill him (something you flip a coin for at the start of the scenario). We figured he would only let someone he trusted near him, so we put his trainer's return address on the package. He might suspect something, but on the other hand he wouldn't be able to resist his new toy. So it was basically airtight, we set difficulty at '2'.

I think the dildo/poison was supposed to make Zara bleed everywhere and die of blood loss. There was a chance he might be able to stop the bleeding, or that he'd have an antidote handy in the wizard tower, however unlikely. Difficulty was set at '3', there were better than even odds he was going to bleed to death.

I think the natural poison failed in some way. I have a note here saying “rubber band cock-ring torture device of death”, so this may have been the replacement to the nature part that failed. I think it was supposed to tighten as it was used and then slice his dick off, causing him to bleed out. This one was a success.

qOCqKR4.jpg

Evan

For Evan an entire “Kindergarten Class” would be his downfall, and we had to use this time around was “Facility/Structure/Place”, “Nature”, and “Something Black” to get the job done. The first part of the plan was easy enough. The Facility was obviously the recital hall already mentioned in Evan's bio. Every kindergarten class in the district had been invited to watch Evan play some jams on his Fisher Price piano. It was almost airtight but we figured someone could pull the fire alarm, the buses could get delayed, etc., so difficulty was set to '3'.

For something black, we armed the school children with Black and Decker chainsaws. We lied to them and told them they were tickle sticks. Just turn em on and tickle Evan to show appreciation for a good performance. There are a couple notes on the page here about “screams”, “confetti”, and “exhaust”, but my memory is failing me. The difficulty was set to '4' so about even odds it'd be successful, not sure why though.

To prevent Evan from running backstage and out the back, we hired that rando from Onnes' scenario to back a trailer up to the backstage doors. We needed something natural so it was full of semi-starved wolves. The idea was that they'd be attracted by the scent of all the severed dicks in the piano, and would tear Evan apart in the process. There was a possibility the wolves would ignore Evan and go for the children, and a pitched battle would be fought in the recital hall between the chainsaw kids and wolves while Evan hid inside the dick piano, but the plan was still a good one. Difficulty set to '3'. I remember the rolls here being super high and the plan going off without a hitch.

• Like 2

ActIIIc: Zerig and Rev

G24veO0.jpg

Zerig

Zerig lounged outside on his favourite hill. It was a beautiful day. The sun from the Raisin Bran (tm) commercials was out, passing through the dick shaped clouds. It took off its shades and gave Big Zee a little wink. But hundreds of miles away a cruel plot was unfolding.

Buck, Kazooie, Pignog, and Pignog's roommate (let's call him Biff) were digging up the graves of Zaraphayx and Evan. So attached were they to their fursonas, The boys demanded to be buried in a pet cemetary. When Biff and Pignog finished digging, they discovered some rats eating Zara's and Evan's gross bodies. The food was clearly spoiled, but everyone still had to restrain Pignog from stuffing his face with the remains. The ex-boyfriends' spirits cried out and tried to escape, Buck and Kazooie reached out and caught them in mason jars.

Next, all of Zerig's boyfriends were invited to meet their husbando at some location, with some unimaginative trap – a giant hole in the ground or a big box teetering on a stick with a string – and Rev and Gibby accepted. Clay refused so the Toronto goons travelled to him and kidnapped him. Somehow this happened despite his sweet cat forcefield, I dunno whatever. It all worked out.

Flash back to Zerig. He begins to doze off, dreaming of seeing his internet boyfriends, just one more time. But the dream has already become reality!! The sky darkens. The earth shakes. Zerig is roused from his slumber and looks around anxiously. A gay furry Voltron descends from the sky. It is a magnificent piece of anime engineering, and there is a 0% chance any part will fail. Every boyfriend wanted to form the cock so imagine whatever that looks like instead of reading this sentence. The core is powered by the souls of Zerig's dead boyfriends, which makes it like an Evangelion too. Striking a sassy pose, hands on hips, gay furry Voltron's big silver mecha dick whirrs to life and becomes erect. The sound of a shotgun blast is followed by thousands of gallong of liquid nitro-cum burying Zerig and his hill. Gay furry Voltron punts Zerig to pieces and flies away for new adventures.

QQjbHcT.jpg

Rev

Well, I may as well really lean into this one. Let's go!!

Rev was out for his morning jog when he entered some haunted tunnel. He was wearing his adventuring gear on this occasion. Inside there was a treasure chest full of ghosts. He opened it and the ghost men began haunting him.

Something caught Rev's eye. One of the men was riding a ghost horse. Over 600 years ago the spirit had been a beautiful and strong destrier in the French army. He served a french knight but died charging into a barrage of English longbow arrows at Agincourt. In life this poor warhorse had known only terror and violence, and in death only loneliness. The destrier's eyes met with Rev's baby blues. Face to face with Rev, the destrier felt warmth and love for the first time. The ghost horse became aroused, and his centuries of pent up sexual energies allowed him to bridge the gap between worlds. He became corporeal. Ghost horse became real horse. It had entered Rev's world, and soon would enter his ass.

“Yiff me baby,” Rev said, getting on all fours. Real horse nodded cordially and obliged.

The next morning real horse awoke next to Rev, still inside the cave. The mighty warhorse tried to brush Rev's hair with his hoof, but nearly crushed Rev's skull. Then the horse tried to light a smoke but fumbled the cigarette and couldn't start the zippo because it's a fucking horse.

“Oi me bum don't feel right,” Rev began, “feels like oi passed sum bad maccas through it. Sumfin aint right.” Revates was correct because his ass was broken. Three years passed and he was unable to use his ass. His body became bloated with feces, and unable to pass turds, he died from shit overload.

The funeral was beautiful. The entire forums showed up. Rassah paid for the whole thing and Rev got a solid gold casket. Real horse was dressed in black like a widow. He cried into a hanky. It was such a brief romance, the only love Real Horse had ever known. But the brightest flames burn out twice as fast. As everyone looked up to the sky they witnessed a beautiful sight. It was Revates ascending to heaven on wings of vegemite, to hang out with all the other fallen furs from this silly game, and as he did the ending song from Cowboy Bebop played.

fin

And that wraps up Machine of Death for now. We were going to do Pastry this time around but decided she had already been eaten. At some point we'll probably play this again and finish off the remaining 5 cards (Gibbs, Gamedog, Brass, Fleece, and Pastry).

Edited by Pignog
posting update!!!
  • Like 5

On 20/03/2016 at 6:27 PM, Pignog said:

Act IIIb: Zara and Evan

oIldPaE.jpg

Zaraphayx

For Zara we drew “Rubber” as the murder tool, and “Made of Paper”, “Nature”, and “Something Red” for our war materiel. Since Onnes had already died, Zara's “God of Shitposting” was not in effect (good because it's broken as hell). Sometimes these scenarios almost write themselves. We unanimously agreed that with Zara's love of weiners we'd have to kill him with a Bad Dragon dildo. But the problem became how to get it into a wizard tower on top of an active volcano. We decided to send a paper package by UPS. UPS doesn't always get there, and a few probably fall into the volcano each year, but Zara's supplies of peanut butter and shit still get through, so the difficulty was set at '3'.

The Bad Dragon was coated in a natural poison. Zara was also aware rubber would kill him (something you flip a coin for at the start of the scenario). We figured he would only let someone he trusted near him, so we put his trainer's return address on the package. He might suspect something, but on the other hand he wouldn't be able to resist his new toy. So it was basically airtight, we set difficulty at '2'.

I think the dildo/poison was supposed to make Zara bleed everywhere and die of blood loss. There was a chance he might be able to stop the bleeding, or that he'd have an antidote handy in the wizard tower, however unlikely. Difficulty was set at '3', there were better than even odds he was going to bleed to death.

I think the natural poison failed in some way. I have a note here saying “rubber band cock-ring torture device of death”, so this may have been the replacement to the nature part that failed. I think it was supposed to tighten as it was used and then slice his dick off, causing him to bleed out. This one was a success.

qOCqKR4.jpg

Evan

For Evan an entire “Kindergarten Class” would be his downfall, and we had to use this time around was “Facility/Structure/Place”, “Nature”, and “Something Black” to get the job done. The first part of the plan was easy enough. The Facility was obviously the recital hall already mentioned in Evan's bio. Every kindergarten class in the district had been invited to watch Evan play some jams on his Fisher Price piano. It was almost airtight but we figured someone could pull the fire alarm, the buses could get delayed, etc., so difficulty was set to '3'.

For something black, we armed the school children with Black and Decker chainsaws. We lied to them and told them they were tickle sticks. Just turn em on and tickle Evan to show appreciation for a good performance. There are a couple notes on the page here about “screams”, “confetti”, and “exhaust”, but my memory is failing me. The difficulty was set to '4' so about even odds it'd be successful, not sure why though.

To prevent Evan from running backstage and out the back, we hired that rando from Onnes' scenario to back a trailer up to the backstage doors. We needed something natural so it was full of semi-starved wolves. The idea was that they'd be attracted by the scent of all the severed dicks in the piano, and would tear Evan apart in the process. There was a possibility the wolves would ignore Evan and go for the children, and a pitched battle would be fought in the recital hall between the chainsaw kids and wolves while Evan hid inside the dick piano, but the plan was still a good one. Difficulty set to '3'. I remember the rolls here being super high and the plan going off without a hitch.

What did I just walk into.

50 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Do you want me to drive over there and make him post it?

Yes otherwise Pignog must live with the shame that he neglected his posting.

45 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

That requires effort. I just sat down on the couch. I have a beverage. 

Oh. Well, I guess we can excuse you this once as long as it's a particularly good alcoholic beverage.

5 minutes ago, Revates said:

Yes otherwise Pignog must live with the shame that he neglected his posting.

Oh. Well, I guess we can excuse you this once as long as it's a particularly good alcoholic beverage.

Nah, it's diet rootbeer with ice and limes in it.

I'm gonna make some shabby shabby beef now. 

I'll get him to post it at the next meet up.

Do either of you want to get eaten at the next one?

• Like 1

On 2016-03-20 at 6:40 PM, Pignog said:

quotActIIIc: Zerig and Rev

G24veO0.jpg

Zerig

Zerig lounged outside on his favourite hill. It was a beautiful day. The sun from the Raisin Bran (tm) commercials was out, passing through the dick shaped clouds. It took off its shades and gave Big Zee a little wink. But hundreds of miles away a cruel plot was unfolding.

Buck, Kazooie, Pignog, and Pignog's roommate (let's call him Biff) were digging up the graves of Zaraphayx and Evan. So attached were they to their fursonas, The boys demanded to be buried in a pet cemetary. When Biff and Pignog finished digging, they discovered some rats eating Zara's and Evan's gross bodies. The food was clearly spoiled, but everyone still had to restrain Pignog from stuffing his face with the remains. The ex-boyfriends' spirits cried out and tried to escape, Buck and Kazooie reached out and caught them in mason jars.

Next, all of Zerig's boyfriends were invited to meet their husbando at some location, with some unimaginative trap – a giant hole in the ground or a big box teetering on a stick with a string – and Rev and Gibby accepted. Clay refused so the Toronto goons travelled to him and kidnapped him. Somehow this happened despite his sweet cat forcefield, I dunno whatever. It all worked out.

Flash back to Zerig. He begins to doze off, dreaming of seeing his internet boyfriends, just one more time. But the dream has already become reality!! The sky darkens. The earth shakes. Zerig is roused from his slumber and looks around anxiously. A gay furry Voltron descends from the sky. It is a magnificent piece of anime engineering, and there is a 0% chance any part will fail. Every boyfriend wanted to form the cock so imagine whatever that looks like instead of reading this sentence. The core is powered by the souls of Zerig's dead boyfriends, which makes it like an Evangelion too. Striking a sassy pose, hands on hips, gay furry Voltron's big silver mecha dick whirrs to life and becomes erect. The sound of a shotgun blast is followed by thousands of gallong of liquid nitro-cum burying Zerig and his hill. Gay furry Voltron punts Zerig to pieces and flies away for new adventures.

QQjbHcT.jpg

Rev

Well, I may as well really lean into this one. Let's go!!

Rev was out for his morning jog when he entered some haunted tunnel. He was wearing his adventuring gear on this occasion. Inside there was a treasure chest full of ghosts. He opened it and the ghost men began haunting him.

Something caught Rev's eye. One of the men was riding a ghost horse. Over 600 years ago the spirit had been a beautiful and strong destrier in the French army. He served a french knight but died charging into a barrage of English longbow arrows at Agincourt. In life this poor warhorse had known only terror and violence, and in death only loneliness. The destrier's eyes met with Rev's baby blues. Face to face with Rev, the destrier felt warmth and love for the first time. The ghost horse became aroused, and his centuries of pent up sexual energies allowed him to bridge the gap between worlds. He became corporeal. Ghost horse became real horse. It had entered Rev's world, and soon would enter his ass.

“Yiff me baby,” Rev said, getting on all fours. Real horse nodded cordially and obliged.

The next morning real horse awoke next to Rev, still inside the cave. The mighty warhorse tried to brush Rev's hair with his hoof, but nearly crushed Rev's skull. Then the horse tried to light a smoke but fumbled the cigarette and couldn't start the zippo because it's a fucking horse.

“Oi me bum don't feel right,” Rev began, “feels like oi passed sum bad maccas through it. Sumfin aint right.” Revates was correct because his ass was broken. Three years passed and he was unable to use his ass. His body became bloated with feces, and unable to pass turds, he died from shit overload.

The funeral was beautiful. The entire forums showed up. Rassah paid for the whole thing and Rev got a solid gold casket. Real horse was dressed in black like a widow. He cried into a hanky. It was such a brief romance, the only love Real Horse had ever known. But the brightest flames burn out twice as fast. As everyone looked up to the sky they witnessed a beautiful sight. It was Revates ascending to heaven on wings of vegemite, to hang out with all the other fallen furs from this silly game, and as he did the ending song from Cowboy Bebop played.

fin

And that wraps up Machine of Death for now. We were going to do Pastry this time around but decided she had already been eaten. At some point we'll probably play this again and finish off the remaining 5 cards (Gibbs, Gamedog, Brass, Fleece, and Pastry).

ahem.

@Zerig@Revates

Edited by Pignog

On 3/16/2016 at 4:38 PM, Pignog said:

Furries came up once at my workplace and it was not in a positive light. I think if I tried to give someone pasty cake there I'd have been thrown in the dough mixer. Fursecution in the workplace is real and it kills.

I'm so lucky at my company. Our manager is a furry (that's me!), and we have furry and brony employees. Surprised to learn that our main competitor has a brony developer too.

Thread bumping. 

I feel like having cake again soon. We can eat Revates.

Kraft Dinner could certainly be the main food.

Board games of course and we can finish killing everyone else with machine of death. 

I'm assuming this will be at Pignog's place.

Maybe the weekend April 15 - 17? Could do a Friday night? Or maybe Sat or Sunday. 

If any new GTA furs have joined the forum chime in if you would be interested. 

• Like 1

A friend I just moved to Hamilton might be having his house warming party that weekend. He works evenings til 2am so he wouldn't do it Friday night and most other people work Monday morning, so I'm assuming he'll do it Saturday (I'll keep you guys updated). I should still be around for Friday or Sunday though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Looks like it's time to hitchhike to Canada!

Are you familiar with the unwritten book of the road?

13 minutes ago, Pignog said:

A friend I just moved to Hamilton might be having his house warming party that weekend. He works evenings til 2am so he wouldn't do it Friday night and most other people work Monday morning, so I'm assuming he'll do it Saturday (I'll keep you guys updated). I should still be around for Friday or Sunday though.

Hmm... Kind of interesting. I wonder what kind of party it will be. Will they have cake?

30 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Are you familiar with the unwritten book of the road?

Hmm... Kind of interesting. I wonder what kind of party it will be. Will they have cake?

fucker told his friends i was a furry during the move so i leaned into it and started screeching about all the raccoon dicks i wanted to suck.

i dunno what his plans are (he might want a small gathering or something) but if you guys wanna go to Hamilton I'll ask him (he is a fan of boardgames and good food).

42 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Looks like it's time to hitchhike to Canada!

Pasty, one day we're gonna meet and artjam together.

Edited by Pignog
  • Like 2

Just now, Pignog said:

fucker told his friends i was a furry during the move so i leaned into it and started screeching about all the raccoon dicks i wanted to suck.

i dunno what his plans are (he might want a small gathering or something) but if you guys wanna go to Hamilton I'll ask him.

Maybe we can bring the cake? But we have to eat Kraft Dinner at the party or it isn't a furry meet up. 

3 minutes ago, Pignog said:

Also roommate likely won't be around that weekend, they might be around the Friday evenings later in the month though.

You know me. I'm casual homie. If your friend in Hamilton is down for board games & KD & cake we can roll there in my ride. 

• Like 1