Tim Hortons and Bitcoin Megathread

Pignog

1 minute ago, Rassah said:

S&P500 automatically reshuffles what stocks belong to it, dropping off failed companies and adding succeeding. Furthermore if "everyone" did this, the market would get a huge influx of capital, and businesses would be able to grow, expand, invest in R&D, and create new products much faster. Everyone would actually be able to win, with the overall economy growing rapidly, as opposed to this being just some winning at the expense of others. Really the only reason most people don't do this is because most people simply don't know about this, or think stock investing is hard and something only rich people on Wall Street are able to do. I used to be a personal financial advisor, and that's pretty much the reasons I got from people.

Regarding your dad, I don't know how much he invested every month, for how long, and into what stocks. It could be he picked something with a lot lower return, or started investing late so didn't invest for as long, or just invested too little.

My husband has been investing into his IRA into Vanguard Index Shares for years on my advice, and his 5 year return is 12.92% so far, with the overall return of 45%, which is pretty much on target. You can figure out what happened with your dad by just checking the historic return of his stocks (divide it by 12), how many months he has been investing (or years times 12), and how much he was investing every year, then stick that into the link I gave you and see if you get the same number.

I've been talking to someone who owns stocks and shares about this, and they think you're spinning a yarn.
I don't think expecting to become a millionaire by this means is a realistic ambition.

Suffice to say you're not going to bully anybody into giving their money to people on here. I don't know why a thread like this is permitted, because it offers ripe opportunity for con men to exploit anybody who does show that they're easily lead to make investments. ._.

I need to get all my FCC licenses in order before I can come for a Tim Hortons visit. I don't know why the meets stopped though. Someone got banned? 

@Saxon I wonder why they think I'm spinning a yarn? Do they know about future value of annuity formula, or dollar cost averaging? (The things I described) Or long term rate of return on stocks? I wonder if they're active stock traders instead of long term investors? 

For the record, I don't own the S&P500 or Vanguard

To Rassah's credit, even though their blind faith in the "free" market is about as ridiculous as collectivist's faith in government they do appear to know how to make a dollar or two.

That being said, do your own research and always remember these three things: fundamentals, fundamentals, FUNDAMENTALS.

Yep. Rise a whole lot, get to bubble stage, then drop to a point much higher than where it started, which it seems to do every time there's a large price rise. Still up 16% over the last 30 days (started at $750, leveled at $900). And still 120% up in the year, which is ridiculous for any investment.Screenshot_20170107-145925.png

I like how he bragged when it reached $1000, even going so far as to say 'Just saying "I told you so" to no one in particular." as his motive.  Then when it drops from $1000 he says that's to be expected.  ...Yet when it was at $1000, he wasn't warning people to sell before it lost a huge percentage, just 'I told you so'.  I wonder why he didn't tell anyone that while he was so busy with 'I told you so'?

• Like 1

The old rivalry never sleeps...

Cause...

On 1/3/2017 at 6:01 PM, WileyWarWeasel said:

To Rassah's credit, even though their blind faith in the "free" market is about as ridiculous as collectivist's faith in government they do appear to know how to make a dollar or two.

That being said, do your own research and always remember these three things: fundamentals, fundamentals, FUNDAMENTALS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMU0tzLwhbE

• Like 1

Update on my buttcoins: It actually is sitting fairly good atm, I started with 5 USD a few months ago, now it's at 7.20 USD which... I'm honestly kind of surprised about. One day I will be a bitllionaire

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/01/2017 at 2:26 PM, Rassah said:

Looks like it settled at $900 or so. $1k was nice while it lasted, but I'm sure it'll get there again.

Don't worry the bit shall rise again, stronger than ever before.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Pignog said:

literally no one won roll up the rim this year, roll out the guillotines lets purge the power elite

There has never been a greater betrayal, Fur thought that purrhaps one day we could owl enjoy tim horton's together but it's clear, it's not the terrible coffee of the people...

9 minutes ago, Revates said:

There has never been a greater betrayal, Fur thought that purrhaps one day we could owl enjoy tim horton's together but it's clear, it's not the terrible coffee of the people...

pignog didnt even know what a godYiff me americano was.

dog is dead, culture is over, individuality, freedom - owl will be consumed by the great Horton and we will owl merge into one. our rim will roll across the countryside and cities, proudly declaring "NOT WINNER - PLEASE PLAY AGAIN"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kazooie said:

pignog didnt even know what a godYiff me americano was.

dog is dead, culture is over, individuality, freedom - owl will be consumed by the great Horton and we will owl merge into one. our rim will roll across the countryside and cities, proudly declaring "NOT WINNER - PLEASE PLAY AGAIN"

This is the dystopian furture we have carved fur ourselves, purrhaps this is what we always deserved... to be tailimilated into the great horton.

23 hours ago, Pignog said:

literally no one won roll up the rim this year, roll out the guillotines lets purge the power elite

Fur bought one large hot chocolate.  It became six hot chocolates.  Sadly, after hot chocolate #6, they were out of ROTR cups so Fur could not continue my streak.  Still, a 500% return on my hot chocolate investment.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

Fur nominate @Rtailah and @AshleyAshes as the lead advisors for these investment furrums ;3333333333333333333

The real risk in investing in Timbits is when ewe co-workers arf polite and only take two or three themselves but ewe wind up eating a dozen or more over the course of a morning...

For more donut related finance information, buy a copy of my book: Rich Snowmew, Poor Snowmew.

2 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

The real risk in investing in Timbits is when ewe co-workers arf polite and only take two or three themselves but ewe wind up eating a dozen or more over the course of a morning...

For more donut related finance information, buy a copy of my book: Rich Snowmew, Poor Snowmew.

Is it related to Tokyo Mew Mew? ^__^

11 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Can we have a serious conversation about how the apple fritters are just WAY too sticky?  I should not have to wash my hands just because I had an apple fritter.  The sugar glaze should be solid enough to the touch but instead the thing is like goo!

toss the fritter into a nearby snowdift & let chill for 10 seconds

tho im not much of a fritter entity myself, im all about the pretzel bagels & canadian maple donuts. cant go wrong with sugar, fat, and massive chunks of salt

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys. Sorry I don't have time to play with you. Just started instrument flight rating pilot classes, a new beehive, working on building two new robots, and just started learning real estate investment classes, which by the sound of it will be like a full time job of learning for the next two years, so I'm understandably busy.

But, bitcoin at $1,400.

12 hours ago, Silo said:

That is terrifying.

Wat.PNG.e38e4925ef50b7781c42155584999625.PNGwat2.PNG.74b746ea895ffe8142fc4dd9867d12c7.PNG

Here's something more endearing:

11f86e375530a2695b813776ac955c2f.jpg

This is a hyena. Hyenas established an equilibrium with their environment and have been around for 20 million years.

They achieved this without think tanks, committees, awareness campaigns, cryptocurrencies or marches.

#HyenaFor2020

• Like 4

On 02/05/2017 at 1:57 PM, Rassah said:

a new beehive,

YOU HAVE BEES? TELL ME ABOUT THE BEES. I LOVE BEES.

Also, who even is tim horton? He must make a lot of coffee...

On 5/13/2017 at 1:46 PM, Revates said:

YOU HAVE BEES? TELL ME ABOUT THE BEES. I LOVE BEES.

Also, who even is tim horton? He must make a lot of coffee...

No joke, Miles Gilbert "Tim" Horton, was a four time Stanley Cup winning NHL hockey player who open a donut shop in 1964 which eventually grew into a national franchise icon that holds more market share in Canada than McDonalds.

13 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

No joke, Miles Gilbert "Tim" Horton, was a four time Stanley Cup winning NHL hockey player who open a donut shop in 1964 which eventually grew into a national franchise icon that holds more market share in Canada than McDonalds.

Honestly, creating a successful franchise is an achievement in within itself let alone beating McDonalds. I hope that the stores all have something hockey related.

1 minute ago, Revates said:

Honestly, creating a successful franchise is an achievement in within itself let alone beating McDonalds. I hope that the stores all have something hockey related.

Not really. And they also eventually dropped the apostrophe, going from 'Tim Horton's' to 'Tim Hortons' some years ago.

Also, Tim Horton himself died in the 1970s and while he saw the franchise become successful, it never saw it become a national icon of Canadian middle and working class culture.

• 6 months later...
On 02.05.2017 at 5:57 AM, Rassah said:

But, bitcoin at $1,400.

Do you know how much bitcoin costs now? To date, bitcoin costs more than 9,000! This is the best crypto currency now. I believe that investing with Bitcoin is the right decision. I found an excellent guide on how to invest with bitcoins with a credit card, maybe someone will be interested, here is the link  https://bitcoinbestbuy.com/credit-debit-card/ .By the way, I would like to chat with someone who already invested in bitcoins. Are there any such?

16 hours ago, Vae said:

Don't you have like,
friends to talk to about this or something?

That was a sarcasm. I already know the answer to this question.

Sure. I'm about to launch an accredited blockchain university with one group of friends (already raised about $30 mil and bought another online coding uni to bring in their teachers), and with a different group of friends will be starting an offshore crypto bank. All of us are happy to talk about this and about how it made it easier for us to do :D

3 hours ago, Rassah said:

Sure. I'm about to launch an accredited blockchain university with one group of friends (already raised about $30 mil and bought another online coding uni to bring in their teachers), and with a different group of friends will be starting an offshore crypto bank. All of us are happy to talk about this and about how it made it easier for us to do :D

I honestly can't tell if he's joking about opening a diploma mill or if he's super serious about opening a diploma mill... O.o

• Like 1