Tim Hortons and Bitcoin Megathread

Pignog

3 hours ago, Rassah said:

Invest in a Ponzi, get result of a Ponzi. That's what Bitconnect is. Stupid people in every space.

It would be more apt to say that's what bitcoin is ^______________^

Admittedly I was hoping to short bitcoin myself recently but it's been ridiculously difficult to find an exchange that allows for shorting & leveraged trading and that isn't a scam or market maker ;(

1 minute ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

Admittedly I was hoping to short bitcoin myself recently but it's been ridiculously difficult to find an exchange that allows for shorting & leveraged trading and that isn't a scam or market maker ;(

Meanwhile...

1-For-10-Timbits-With-Drink-Purchase-At-

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zaraphayx said:

lmao just lmao

An unfortunate but common story nowadays, but the early-comers made their money from people such as these so it's all a matter of perspective ^^

17 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Meanwhile...

That offer already ended on December. Also where were the shorting opportunities for tim bits????? ;V

17 hours ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

Yep. Just like all the Ponzies Bernie Madoff and others ran is what dollars are 😂

17 hours ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

I hope you find one. Shorting bitcoin is great. We in the bitcoin world absolutely love this thing called a "short squeeze"

6 hours ago, Rassah said:

Yep. Just like all the Ponzies Bernie Madoff and others ran is what dollars are 😂

Like I said before it's a matter of degree. Most people use bitcoin as a means to get additional sovereign currency from others than use it for everyday purchases/sales ;)

Of course one should be careful of ponzies in any currency.

6 hours ago, Rassah said:

I hope you find one. Shorting bitcoin is great. We in the bitcoin world absolutely love this thing called a "short squeeze"

Yep and short sellers love bubbles. In either case I abandoned the search yesterday as it's much easier to trade other crap without having to worry if the exchange will actually withdraw the money or misquote the price so you're forced out of a position due to a margin call.

50 minutes ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

Like I said before it's a matter of degree. Most people use bitcoin as a means to get additional sovereign currency from others than use it for everyday purchases/sales ;)

I mean, imagine if people did?  About 60% of American's have no more than $1000 in savings.  Like, that, at MOST, is their total liquidity without relying on debt. (Though nearly 30% have zero in savings).  So with a drop from nearly $20 000 USD to $10000 USD since December, for a a lot of American's, if they had what little savings they had in a bitcoin wallet instead of a USD bank account would have effectively evaporated.  (At least in buying power).  This would be, without exaggeration, a devastating turn of events for millions of Americans.

I mean, Rassah himself said he would NEVER pay a wage for labor in bitcoin unless the contract stipulated highly frequent adjustments of the compensation against the USD or anther currency.  This is because it would be exceptionally dangerous to any employer to negotiate one wage and have it worth a radically different value in only weeks or days.  The same risk would apply to the every day banking of anyone who used BitCoin wallets in place of bank accounts.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I mean, imagine if people did?  About 60% of American's have no more than $1000 in savings.  Like, that, at MOST, is their total liquidity without relying on debt. (Though nearly 30% have zero in savings).  So with a drop from nearly $20 000 USD to $10000 USD since December, for a a lot of American's, if they had what little savings they had in a bitcoin wallet instead of a USD bank account would have effectively evaporated.  (At least in buying power).  This would be, without exaggeration, a devastating turn of events for millions of Americans.

On the flip-side whoever bought the bitcoins early and sold around its heights would be much richer ^__^

58 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I mean, Rassah himself said he would NEVER pay a wage for labor in bitcoin unless the contract stipulated highly frequent adjustments of the compensation against the USD or anther currency.  This is because it would be exceptionally dangerous to any employer to negotiate one wage and have it worth a radically different value in only weeks or days.  The same risk would apply to the every day banking of anyone who used BitCoin wallets in place of bank accounts.

I suppose in highly unstable countries frequent wage adjustments would be more of a regular occurrence. Not something you'd want to emulate though.

> Imagine if someone has $1000 in savings, and bitcoin crashed, and they would lose everything they have

> I mean Rassah himself said that bitcoin goes up so much in value that there's no way he would pay someone a fixed salary without frequently adjusting it down

Do you like not see how those are two opposite problems? Imagine if the average person who has $1000 in savings did the not average thing and put half of it in bitcoin when I got into it and told others to. They'd only have $1,000,000 now. Do you see why I don't bother reading your idiotic "lose IQ points every time I read it" bullshit? I'm sorry I still have to see it when Wiley quotes you, because it pains me to see there are people who are so handicapped out there.

7 hours ago, Rassah said:

> Imagine if someone has $1000 in savings, and bitcoin crashed, and they would lose everything they have

> I mean Rassah himself said that bitcoin goes up so much in value that there's no way he would pay someone a fixed salary without frequently adjusting it down

Do you like not see how those are two opposite problems? Imagine if the average person who has $1000 in savings did the not average thing and put half of it in bitcoin when I got into it and told others to. They'd only have $1,000,000 now. Do you see why I don't bother reading your idiotic "lose IQ points every time I read it" bullshit? I'm sorry I still have to see it when Wiley quotes you, because it pains me to see there are people who are so handicapped out there.

...I guess Rassah needed me to actually explain that should bitcoin go DOWN, rather than an employer eating it on wages, they'd have the employee saying 'What you paid me last month is worth half as much this month and I literally can't pay bills unless you give me more, if not, I quit.'  But Rassah seems to work under the basis that bitcoin can only go UP in value, period, as an absolute.  It's weird.

Not to mention, interesting language, ' $1000 in savings did the not average thing and put half of it in bitcoin'.  Again, he's only speaking about bitcoin as an INVESTMENT despite sometimes insisting it's a currency.  Meanwhile I ONLY spoke of Bitcoin being used as a currency and then utilized in 'everyday banking'.  You'd think he'd want to be all OVER saying that bitcoin can be used for everyday banking, huh?

Also, I'm always delighted to have him say, directly to me, that he's not reading my posts, in the same post where he is directly responding to me.  It just makes him look silly.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vae said:

Your Sunrider video was full of naked anime girls. Yes.

Oops didn't think about that, will do.

Gotta admit the Vanguard Cannon was good at least ^__________________^

EDIT: Alright here's the vanguard cannon aka cryptocannon:

200px-Sunrider_vanguard3.jpg?version=f39

On 1/19/2018 at 11:11 PM, AshleyAshes said:

Also, I'm always delighted to have him say, directly to me, that he's not reading my posts, in the same post where he is directly responding to me.  It just makes him look silly.

Perhaps his quantum state is in flux D;

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2018 at 9:59 PM, Socketosis said:

The hunt for bigger fools is starting to turn up lean pickings ;(((((((((((((((((((((

guy-butterfly-net-looking-binoculars-ful

• Like 1

On 2/6/2018 at 6:29 AM, Socketosis said:

So the inevitable is finally happening eh?

Not sure what you think is inevitable...

Just came back from the bitcoin Bilderberg meeting (actually still in Atlanta airport on the way home), and heard a bit of back room info. Apparently a whole lot of hedge funds and Wall Street funds invested into bitcoin as part of their portfolios at the request of their customers. Bitcoin started to crash when South Korea proposed banning exchanges, and then Venezuela released their Petro coin - both actually insignificant with regards to bitcoin, but still spooked speculators. A lot of those bitcoin customers requested to cash out of their funds, getting spooked too. BUT the funds didn't want to sell their bitcoin holdings at the bottom, so they sold their stocks that were at the top to get the cash instead. That actually started and contributed to the stock market crash (it doesn't take more than about $60bil to $100bil selloff to trigger a market panic). However, those hedge funds are still holding onto their bitcoin holdings, and many have actually bought up more at the bottom. So bitcoin didn't tank with stocks, it made stocks tank, and Bitcoin is actually up about 40% from its low again.

29 minutes ago, Rassah said:

Not sure what you think is inevitable...

Just came back from the bitcoin Bilderberg meeting (actually still in Atlanta airport on the way home), and heard a bit of back room info. Apparently a whole lot of hedge funds and Wall Street funds invested into bitcoin as part of their portfolios at the request of their customers. Bitcoin started to crash when South Korea proposed banning exchanges, and then Venezuela released their Petro coin - both actually insignificant with regards to bitcoin, but still spooked speculators. A lot of those bitcoin customers requested to cash out of their funds, getting spooked too. BUT the funds didn't want to sell their bitcoin holdings at the bottom, so they sold their stocks that were at the top to get the cash instead. That actually started and contributed to the stock market crash (it doesn't take more than about $60bil to $100bil selloff to trigger a market panic). However, those hedge funds are still holding onto their bitcoin holdings, and many have actually bought up more at the bottom. So bitcoin didn't tank with stocks, it made stocks tank, and Bitcoin is actually up about 40% from its low again.

Citation Needed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Who needs Timbits when Bill Gates is going to give me $5 Million!?

Just came back from a meeting with Bill Gates (still at New York which is soooo busy liek omaigawd) and he says that he's spooked by all the emails being sent in his name. It doesn't take more than a few billion emails in his name to spook him after all.

He also says @Rtailah smells. You can use me as a citation.

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2018 at 5:29 AM, Socketosis said:

About that inevitable? (Bitcoin back over $10,000). This thing is an unpredictable rollercoaster, but there's zero chance it's going away 😁

7 hours ago, Rassah said:

As an investor I don't care about stability. Just the 1000% returns. No investor wants a stable investment, because stability means no growth.

I think you mean as an active investor you don't want a stable investment. Passive investors on the other hand like stable investments.

Trading in bitcoin though seems to be more like speculation.

6 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

From this alone I think that we can clearly see that even Rassah no longer considders Bitcoin to be a currency.

It's everything, you see. It's a blow for freedom, get-rich-quick scheme and a currency all rolled into one! ;V

Honestly at this point I woulnd't mind seeing more kawaii bitcoin art (bitcoin is also a means of creative expression).

13 hours ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

I think you mean as an active investor you don't want a stable investment. Passive investors on the other hand like stable investments.

Passive investors too. If you want stability, invest in cash.

Trading in bitcoin though seems to be more like speculation.

I didn't say trading. Just investing.

It's everything, you see. It's a blow for freedom, get-rich-quick scheme and a currency all rolled into one! ;V

It kind of is. Just through different stages of it's life. At first it was only a freedom ideology, so it attracted only those interested in the anarchocapitalist ideological aspects of it. Later it became an investment, making those with that ideology insanely rich (Bitcoin multimillionaires and billionaires), and giving them the money and resources to bring that ideology into reality. And eventually, once they use their resources to make bitcoin an easy to use universal store of value that is easy to trade, it will become stable money, since market cap will be huge, and there won't be anything more convenient to sell it for.

I mean, this is pretty much what I predicted it would be doing some 7 years ago.

5 hours ago, Rassah said:

Passive investors too. If you want stability, invest in cash.

I think it might be different in the US, but here in Australia one can invest in certain stocks that return dividends (small payments) on a regular basis. Relatively stable income.

I didn't say trading. Just investing.

Okay then, investing in bitcoin seems more like speculation. I certainly wouldn't have want to have bought it when it was at $20k.

It kind of is. Just through different stages of it's life. At first it was only a freedom ideology, so it attracted only those interested in the anarchocapitalist ideological aspects of it. Later it became an investment, making those with that ideology insanely rich (Bitcoin multimillionaires and billionaires), and giving them the money and resources to bring that ideology into reality. And eventually, once they use their resources to make bitcoin an easy to use universal store of value that is easy to trade, it will become stable money, since market cap will be huge, and there won't be anything more convenient to sell it for.

I mean, this is pretty much what I predicted it would be doing some 7 years ago.

The only parts of your raving that have actually happened are the few ideologists using it as a currency on tiny scale (relative to the financial system) and some early comers getting rich off of later suckers money.

I suppose it's easier on one's conscience if they believe that cashing in on desperate "investors" looking for bigger fools themselves is all for the greater good. Personally I would've been fine with getting in and out at the right times without attaching ideological baggage to the whole endeavor.

EDIT: Also do you have more kawaii art? ^____^

19 hours ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

I think it might be different in the US, but here in Australia one can invest in certain stocks that return dividends (small payments) on a regular basis. Relatively stable income.

Fair enough

Okay then, investing in bitcoin seems more like speculation. I certainly wouldn't have want to have bought it when it was at $20k.

Would you have wanted to buy when it was $32, $100, or $1,200? It crashed a lot after each of those 😁

The only parts of your raving that have actually happened are the few ideologists using it as a currency on tiny scale (relative to the financial system) and some early comers getting rich off of later suckers money.

What about the price rising, the billions of dollars being put towards businesses in this space, banks and governments looking into how to adopt it?

Btw, all those early comers with ideology haven't sold. They're rich, but they still have their money in bitcoin. So the "late suckers" aren't really a thing. In my case, I don't even need to cash out. I'm using my BTC as collateral in loans to buy properties.

I suppose it's easier on one's conscience if they believe that cashing in on desperate "investors" looking for bigger fools themselves is all for the greater good. Personally I would've been fine with getting in and out at the right times without attaching ideological baggage to the whole endeavor.

I'm not sure what you believe to be the ideological baggage here. It certainly wasn't finding greater fools. And the ideology is being realized step by step. My offshore bank will be a step in that direction too.

EDIT: Also do you have more kawaii art? ^____^

MegaPack2-650x650.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rassah said:

Would you have wanted to buy when it was $32, $100, or $1,200? It crashed a lot after each of those 😁

Like I said at an earlier point it's easier for the price to go up substantially when it's at such a low level. Also easier to go up in the initial stages.

What about the price rising, the billions of dollars being put towards businesses in this space, banks and governments looking into how to adopt it?

The price has gone up due to bigger fools coming in hoping to get real money from bigger fools later down the track.

Businesses and governments do pay some attention to minor as well as major financial "assets" so them paying attention to bitcoin is not surprising.

Btw, all those early comers with ideology haven't sold. They're rich, but they still have their money in bitcoin. So the "late suckers" aren't really a thing. In my case, I don't even need to cash out. I'm using my BTC as collateral in loans to buy properties.

Some of the early comers would've sold, the new comers had to buy their coins from somewhere after all and bitcoin is only used for regular transactions in a minority of cases itself. The market value of bitcoin wouldn't have gone up without so many latecomers bidding it up and even going into debt to do so. So yes, late suckers are a thing.

So a handful of businesses accept bitcoin as collateral (an interesting practice to accept something that can halve in value in a short amount of time), whoopie doo.

I'm not sure what you believe to be the ideological baggage here. It certainly wasn't finding greater fools. And the ideology is being realized step by step. My offshore bank will be a step in that direction too.

The ideology is believing that a record-keeping system that scales poorly is a worldwide revolutionary movement. Most of the people who bought bitcoin were looking for bigger fools, only a tiny minority such as yourself saw it as something else. Perhaps you are a true believer after all and the profits gained merely vindicate your beliefs.

Offshore banks have existed for quite some time now. All you're doing is reinventing the wheel but with a different "currency".

Cute art though, keep it coming ;3

On 2/19/2018 at 9:16 PM, WileyWarWeasel said:

Like I said at an earlier point it's easier for the price to go up substantially when it's at such a low level. 

It went up 10x to get to $100, $1000, and $10,000.

The price has gone up due to bigger fools coming in hoping to get real money from bigger fools later down the track.

That's not true at all.

Businesses and governments do pay some attention to minor as well as major financial "assets" so them paying attention to bitcoin is not surprising.

It's pretty serious...

http://bitcoinist.com/bank-of-america-bitcoin-threat-sec-report/

Some of the early comers would've sold, the new comers had to buy their coins from somewhere

Mostly from miners. Yes, early adopters we're selling a little, but most of the early funds haven't moved much.

So yes, late suckers are a thing.

I mean, that technically applies to every investment and money

The ideology is believing that a record-keeping system that scales poorly

It scales pretty well

Offshore banks have existed for quite some time now. All you're doing is reinventing the wheel but with a different "currency".

Actually what I'm doing is just something no one here on this group can even come close to doing. And there are no banks like this. There is massive demand for it, but no one has been able to set it up.

20 hours ago, Zaraphayx said:

When Rassah's ponzi scheme is unmasked I call dibs on the YouTube documentary.

I love documentaries.  Like and subscribe. :o

I hope that like half of the documentary chronacles Rassah's countless hours spent trying to impress furries on a small forum with a fading userbase.

@RassahAt this point we really are retreading the same ground over and over. Also not sure what is the point of bragging on a small furry forum that you're setting up a bank and they're not.

On 2/25/2018 at 4:45 PM, Rassah said:

Actually what I'm doing is just something no one here on this group can even come close to doing.

Funny that with all our back-and-forth I've never asked: do you talk so much about bitcoin on other non-bitcoin related furrumz?

On 3/1/2018 at 12:28 AM, WileyWarWeasel said:

@Rassah Funny that with all our back-and-forth I've never asked: do you talk so much about bitcoin on other non-bitcoin related furrumz?

I guess not really? I don't really talk on forums almost at all. But my life is mostly bitcoin, business, and now real estate (and sometimes politics), so that's what I mostly talk about on other places, and typical furs (or an average person) don't have much in common I guess. But I actually don't talk much about much to anyone anywhere. Most of my life stuff I consider uninteresting or private, and not something I would bother sharing. That, plus if I talk about it, furs just think I'm bragging and that's it (like all my constant travels, my new plane, my business ventures, the famous people I meet...)

Regarding the bank, it fits in the claim that a person who invested in ideology (me) ended up with the resources to implement that ideology (the bank). And it's a really frickin big deal if I get this going, since banks that specifically cater to crypto, or know how to handle it, don't exist yet. I'd be the first, and to give you an idea, on day one of privately announcing it to a few high level people, I got over a billion dollars worth of funds in committed deposits as soon as I open it. I.e. soon as I open, I'll have over a billion to manage. Honestly that's a bit scary even for me 😖

11 hours ago, Rassah said:

That, plus if I talk about it, furs just think I'm bragging and that's it (like all my constant travels, my new plane, my business ventures, the famous people I meet...)

I assure you, that's a problem for other furries who are just trying to hide their own issues by project.  No one on this forum thinks that you are emotionally insecure and constantly seeking validation from others.

rassah.thumb.png.a5c43b0208438fd4821c87ee38c7b7fc.png

Oh wait, never mind.

• 2 weeks later...