Tim Hortons and Bitcoin Megathread

Pignog

13 hours ago, Revates said:

Enjoy your trip, make sure to only drink pure maple syrup.

I'll watch Super Troopers to see how to practice. Will also smuggle in some funyons into Canadia, since they're supposedly banned there, and trade them for kinder eggs, since those are banned in us.

2 hours ago, Rassah said:

Will also smuggle in some funyons into Canadia, since they're supposedly banned there, and trade them for kinder eggs, since those are banned in us.

Considering that Funyuns were never banned in Canada, only not sold by Frito-Lay in Canada up until 2016 at which point they began selling them in Canada, I can't see what could possibly be wrong with this plan.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the funniest shit to me about bitcoin still is that Rassah gave a bunch of poors on here a bitcoin when it was worth ~$250 and they immediately did what poors do: spend it on toys.

It ended up peaking at like ten thousand dollars earlier this year.

trumpsmile.PNG

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zaraphayx said:

I think the funniest shit to me about bitcoin still is that Rassah gave a bunch of poors on here a bitcoin when it was worth ~$250 and they immediately did what poors do: spend it on toys.

It ended up peaking at like ten thousand dollars earlier this year.

trumpsmile.PNG

Being poor is a way of life.

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2018 at 2:47 PM, kazooie said:

i check back here & yall are just shitting on poors & regurgitating bootstraps rhetoric, ahahaha

god bless

Hey, my bootstraps are the best bootstraps. I wanted to see if I could bootstrap myself again, so tried real estate. Ended up buying like 6 houses just this year alone using bank loans, and will make like $50k on the flips and $1k/m on the rentals already. In 5 months, from scratch. But Poor's just really love having jobs I guess.

Btw, heading up to Canada this weekend for almost two weeks. Niagara, Toronto, Montreal, and Tim Hortons.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rassah said:

Hey, my bootstraps are the best bootstraps. I wanted to see if I could bootstrap myself again, so tried real estate. Ended up buying like 6 houses just this year alone using bank loans, and will make like $50k on the flips and $1k/m on the rentals already. In 5 months, from scratch. But Poor's just really love having jobs I guess.

Btw, heading up to Canada this weekend for almost two weeks. Niagara, Toronto, Montreal, and Tim Hortons.

teach me how 2 real estate rassah daddy I need to fulfill my dreams of being a slumlord

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rassah said:

I need evidence of your bootstraps. Let me see those boots.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rassah said:

But Poor's just really love having jobs I guess.

I mean, if I didn't have my job, then I wouldn't have the job where I literally get to make movies, doing the exact task in movie making I love the most?  From my perspective, any change, even if it yielded more income, would be much less fulfilling.  I helped make Ragnarok and Black Panther, that's pretty freakin' cool.

2 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

I mean, if I didn't have my job, then I wouldn't have the job where I literally get to make movies, doing the exact task in movie making I love the most?  From my perspective, any change, even if it yielded more income, would be much less fulfilling.  I helped make Ragnarok and Black Panther, that's pretty freakin' cool.

creating meaningful value & supplying labour to our economy is cool n' all, but you really should consider exploiting the surplus labour value of others --- it's where the real money's at!

2 hours ago, kazooie said:

creating meaningful value & supplying labour to our economy is cool n' all, but you really should consider exploiting the surplus labour value of others --- it's where the real money's at!

Honestly I'd outright avoid any move to a management position of any sort.  I want to make movies not tell others to make movies.  :x

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

Honestly I'd outright avoid any move to a management position of any sort.  I want to make movies not tell others to make movies.  :x

Why bother making movies when you can tell others to make the movies for you and still get credit?

4 minutes ago, fennecbyte said:

Why bother making movies when you can tell others to make the movies for you and still get credit?

1) Makings shots is the fun part.

2) Looking at the screen during a shot I made and going 'I made that and there is is, 40 feet big. :O'

There's no satisfaction in getting credit for not doing the actual work.  All you get are bragging rights over others but no knowledge that you actually made a meaning full piece of it.  I'm sure for those more interested in having others be impressed with them would be fine with credit even if they didn't make the actual thing though.

12 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

You could help make those movies where someone else tells you what to do and you just do it, where they were the ones who got the relationships and the contracts and you're just an employee nobody whom nobody will remember...

Or you could help make those movies where you're running your own thing and have the reputation such that they come to you to ask you for help and work with you on your terms, with you working together with them and making decisions for them, instead of just doing what you're told.

It's not about the money. Never is, and never was. It's about having control over your own life and being able to choose your own path without having to rely on others.

7 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

This sounds like "I want to be the one who manufactures film, develops it, and tapes together the final cut (physically makes them), not direct them."

Different people like different things. I like to direct, make decisions, and feel like the thing I made is mine, not that I'm just a human robot making someone else's stuff.

On 5/17/2018 at 10:55 PM, AshleyAshes said:

Couldn't resist the urge include that part at the end where you get to express how you look down upon others who don't emulate you, huh? :)

I look down on jobs, and things where you're just told what to do without you having any input (the whole anti-authority thing). I like having input, "driving the ship" so to speak, and feeling like my decisions actually contributed to something. Has nothing to do with others, just jobs in general.

• 2 weeks later...