Trump could cause the third world war

Nova

On 2/21/2016 at 8:07 AM, jcstinks said:

I thought I should remind y'all that the US President doesn't actually do anything. It's a figurehead position. The President cannot pass laws, cannot approve the national budget, and generally cannot get things done on his own. Remember this thing called Congress? The President is pretty useless without the approval of 535 other people.

The only useful powers the President has are the right to veto laws, the right to appoint certain Federal employees, and the right to appoint one or two people to the Supreme Court. These people, I remind you, act independently of the President once hired, so the idea of Presidential tyranny is a myth.

TFW people don't remember the idea of Checks and Balances. 

C'mon guys this is like what, 3rd grade stuff here. I'm in college and they're still bringing these ideas up in PolSci classes like we've never read about them before. 

6 hours ago, NikoLinni said:

TFW people don't remember the idea of Checks and Balances. 

C'mon guys this is like what, 3rd grade stuff here. I'm in college and they're still bringing these ideas up in PolSci classes like we've never read about them before. 

TFW not everyone is from 'murica

On 2/22/2016 at 3:10 AM, Zerig said:

>buzzwords buzzwords buzzwords

do you have a single fact to back any of those claims up

I'm surprised you didn't throw in "racist"

libshits love to do that, despite the fact that he;s never said anything racist at all.

sorry we're not so enlightened as the rest of the world

please teach us poor, stupid, lower life forms how we should think

Obviously you haven't watched any of the right news channels, and I'm not even American. The only reason I care about what President America gets is because I have close friends and family in America. 

On 2/21/2016 at 10:07 AM, jcstinks said:

I thought I should remind y'all that the US President doesn't actually do anything. It's a figurehead position. The President cannot pass laws, cannot approve the national budget, and generally cannot get things done on his own. Remember this thing called Congress? The President is pretty useless without the approval of 535 other people.

The only useful powers the President has are the right to veto laws, the right to appoint certain Federal employees, and the right to appoint one or two people to the Supreme Court. These people, I remind you, act independently of the President once hired, so the idea of Presidential tyranny is a myth.

I didn't know this, I feel a lot  safer now at least.