Kalamazoo shootings

Crazy Lee

This is not a gun problem. This is a neglect problem. Clearly people ignored this person, or just assumed he was making idle threats. We need to stop blaming a tool for what someone decided to do. I've been on both sides of the argument, neither one helps. Let's figure out how to actually treat the problem.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Butters said:

It's also kinda the opposite of liberty if you cannot leave your house and return home alive without having to have a gun on your person all the time. It's pretty much giving in to shooters and murderers. 

Actually "giving in" means walking around unarmed and getting killed. 

Taking measures to protect yourself is the opposite of giving in. 

7 hours ago, willow said:

no one wants to admit there's a gun problem in this country so things like this are just gonna keep on happening. I'm also gonna say untreated mental illness has a role here too only because the reports I've seen state the guy was driving recklessly while he was taking rides. as generic as it sounds

It isn't a gun problem. It's a crazy person problem. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, willow said:

it's honestly both.

well that and the fact that people think it's their God given right to own a gun..

No it isn't. Eliminate the crazy person and the problem is gone. 

If you eliminate guns and you keep the crazy people they still have knives, chainsaws, axes, gasoline, cars, rocks, sticks etc. 

The UK banned guns. Now they have banned knives. Then they will keep banning things until they finally realize that crazy people can use their fists and feet. 

Then they will ban walking and typing. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, #00Buck said:

No it isn't. Eliminate the crazy person and the problem is gone. 

If you eliminate guns and you keep the crazy people they still have knives, chainsaws, axes, gasoline, cars, rocks, sticks etc. 

The UK banned guns. Now they have banned knives. Then they will keep banning things until they finally realize that crazy people can use their fists and feet. 

Then they will ban walking and typing. 

So all America has to do to stop mass shootings is execute anyone that's been diagnosed with mental health problems, or at the very least...cut off their hands and feet?

15 minutes ago, KyryK said:

So all America has to do to stop mass shootings is execute anyone that's been diagnosed with mental health problems, or at the very least...cut off their hands and feet?

No but a psychiatric facility where they can live separately from sane people would be a good solution. 

With your obvious bent for pointless violence you'd be a good candidate for the funny farm.

14 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

This sounds like a wunderbar idea.

image.jpg.8f8c3c83cc09358294e50141bdc59d

Oh I see your a fan of that guy.

7 minutes ago, KyryK said:

Indeed, it certainly seems like the most simple and direct way to solve the problem. Freiheit uber alles!

Yeah, Nazism along with killing innocent people isn't that cool.

You probably are mentally ill. 

3 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

No but a psychiatric facility where they can live separately from sane people would be a good solution. 

Ah, yeah you're right. Lifetime imprisonment of the mentally ill is the humane way to curb gun violence.

5 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

With your obvious bent for pointless violence you'd be a good candidate for the funny farm.

Yeah, Nazism along with killing innocent people isn't that cool.

You probably are mentally ill. 

;3

I'd say that most of the time, spree killers just want to kill as many people as possible because they want to express the incredible amount of malice and discontent they have for everything in this world....

Contributing factors to this? Well, we live in a violence-obsessed, gun-glorified, murders-on-the-news-all-the-time culture that pretty much feeds on this sort of shit. Ever heard of infectious memes? You give someone at the end of their rope enough examples....heck, they might even do it to get attention sometimes! See the problem here? Individual crimes have individual motivations. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KyryK said:

Ah, yeah you're right. Lifetime imprisonment of the mentally ill is the humane way to curb gun violence.

;3

As opposed to lifetime imprisonment of the mentally ill after they murder a whole bunch of innocent people?

My solution makes logical sense. Yours not so much. Report to the funny farm immediately. 

5 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

While I agree with the rest of that sentence, I don't believe this a causing factor

CAnadians love their guns and we don't go shooting up schools

Of course, but when you add the other factors to the mix, you get the societal problems we face here. Nothing by itself leads to such complex issues, true. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PheagleAdler said:

Never having invented guns would be nice but that's a moot point, guns are here to stay.

God damn Chinese imports, just can't get away from them.

2 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

As opposed to lifetime imprisonment of the mentally ill after they murder a whole bunch of innocent people?

My solution makes logical sense. Yours not so much. Report to the funny farm immediately. 

I called them but they said they didn't have any free beds. Ok, how about this. Ban guns but legalize swords. No one would want to carry a Glock when they could carry a Rapier, you'd have a greater chance of defending yourself with something to hand like a bar stool or a bin lid, swords aren't ranged and most Americans are fat fucks that can't walk up a flight of stairs without stopping for breath let alone charge at someone and run them through so it severely limits the effectiveness of potential spree killers and gang members would duel in the street providing a great source of entertainment to passersby and giving impoverished areas a means of income through tourism and fencing schools. Is that not logical?

7 minutes ago, KyryK said:

God damn Chinese imports, just can't get away from them.

I called them but they said they didn't have any free beds. Ok, how about this. Ban guns but legalize swords. No one would want to carry a Glock when they could carry a Rapier, you'd have a greater chance of defending yourself with something to hand like a bar stool or a bin lid, swords aren't ranged and most Americans are fat fucks that can't walk up a flight of stairs without stopping for breath let alone charge at someone and run them through so it severely limits the effectiveness of potential spree killers and gang members would duel in the street providing a great source of entertainment to passersby and giving impoverished areas a means of income through tourism and fencing schools. Is that not logical?

Glock is better homie. 

We bust shots on the daily. 

Nah mean? 

Stay yo ass in da white boy hood in tha starbucks.

Feel me?

25 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Glock is better homie. 

We bust shots on the daily. 

Nah mean? 

Stay yo ass in da white boy hood in tha starbucks.

Feel me?

Yeah I feel you dude, too scared to get into a real fight. ;3 

...And I get my coffee from Waitrose, bitch.

Just now, Naesaki said:

Waitrose is an overpriced supermarket chain offering healthy alternatives for all produce and such.

So crystals and creams that magically cure cancer?

Got it. 

So single origin, artisanal, non GMO, organic, fair trade, small batch, coffee shit out of a cats ass. 

I drive for Uber. They just raised their take from 20% to 25% while lowering rider fees. I'm going to go on a shooting spree too.

By the way, there's a reason Americans are so obsessed with gun ownership, and it's not God given rights. You guys living in UK? You know what you did.

Edited by Rassah
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, #00Buck said:

So crystals and creams that magically cure cancer?

Got it. 

So single origin, artisanal, non GMO, organic, fair trade, small batch, coffee shit out of a cats ass. 

Precisely, and all approved by Prince Charles to boot. He loves coffee shit out of a cat's ass. It's delicious btw, want me to make you some?

48 minutes ago, Rassah said:

By the way, there's a reason Americans are so obsessed with gun ownership, and it's not God given rights. You guys living in UK? You know what you did.

Indeed, and the only reason we don't take back what's rightfully ours is because you have consealed carry permits.

4 minutes ago, KyryK said:

Precisely, and all approved by Prince Charles to boot. He loves coffee shit out of a cat's ass. It's delicious btw, want me to make you some?

Indeed, and the only reason we don't take back what's rightfully ours is because you have consealed carry permits.

UK is a trash pile. No teeth. No balls. Source of nothing. Except inbred "royalty." Enjoy your feudalism. 

• Like 1

Well this is interesting. I was reading up about this guy, and according to one passenger of his, he was okay until he received a phone call, and then ater the phone call he started driving crazy and on the sidewalk. That was the guy who jumped out of the car and reported his erratic driving to the police, who oddly did nothing. Then he went and shot the woman at the apartment complex, who survived. Perhaps she had something to do with the phone call? A mistress, maybe? If I were the police I would find out who called him that caused him to lose his shit, but I don't know if they will or if they care now that he's confessed.

21 hours ago, willow said:

no one wants to admit there's a gun problem in this country so things like this are just gonna keep on happening. I'm also gonna say untreated mental illness has a role here too only because the reports I've seen state the guy was driving recklessly while he was taking rides. as generic as it sounds

Actually I was hoping you'd say something else.
There is a "Gun problem" in the fact that we have way, WAY more guns per person than any other country on the planet. The next country on the list has almost half as much per person. We have a gun problem in that way way too many of those guns are in the hands of criminals. Still, even though we have an insane amount of guns and too many criminals with them, this guy was a legal owner and not a criminal (until he started shooting).

You could say we should ban all the guns. Or some of them. Might help. Seems to work for many countries like Australia and some European countries. However, the number 3 on the list on the other page for gun ownership is Switzerland, which has pretty high gun ownership but is a pretty violence free country. (Switzerland also has mandatory military service and mandatory training if you own a gun, as well as registration for guns).

What I was hoping to hear is that we, as a country, have a problem with VIOLENCE. This happens to us way more than any other country, and I think it has less to do with the number of guns and more to a cultural thing, where we seem to be angry for whatever reason, and we feel slighted over the littlest things, and we think being violent fixes everything. Look at the amount of road rage incidents in our country. Look at how pissed we are at each other. Trump's campaign is filled with a bunch of whiny ass angry white men who are pissy for the wrong reasons (jobs are going to China, let's tarrif chinese goods!).

Our gun violence isn't because of guns (although that might make it easier for people to kill each other). It's because America's filled with a bunch of angry assholes.

I also blame the 24/7 reality-tv media who broadcasts this shit and makes people want to be mass shooter martyrs, but we can't exactly censor the media.

As for the mental health thing, there's no proof this guy has any mental health issues but a neighbor did say he was a bit paranoid and shot his gun out his back door for questionable reasons, so who knows. I will agree our mental health system in this country is balls, and I've said this before.

3 hours ago, Rassah said:

I drive for Uber. They just raised their take from 20% to 25% while lowering rider fees. I'm going to go on a shooting spree too.

I understand the argument that the guns of ordinary American citizens keep the country from becoming a tyranny. But those guns don't help much, when a redneck with his assault rifle is up against a government who can blow up his house from 10 miles away with a drone. Or brrrrt the shit out of his safe house. Or blow the shit out of his anti-government compound with a stealth bomber.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

I understand the argument that the guns of ordinary American citizens keep the country from becoming a tyranny. But those guns don't help much, when a redneck with his assault rifle is up against a government who can blow up his house from 10 miles away with a drone. Or brrrrt the shit out of his safe house. Or blow the shit out of his anti-government compound with a stealth bomber.

One redneck sure. But a full country filled with armed citizens means any drastic totalitarian ideas would be very difficult to implement, since a drone won't cut it, you'd need boots on the ground, and the troops who are immoral enough to point their guns at their own people might at least think twice if those people are able to shoot back. The purpose isn't for Bubba to take down the gubmint, but for the government to not be able to take down it's people.

Have you seen Netflix's Winter on Fire documentary? It's that kind of stuff that needs to not happen ever.

15 hours ago, #00Buck said:

UK is a trash pile. No teeth. No balls. Source of nothing. Except inbred "royalty." Enjoy your feudalism. 

Uk isn't a trash pile, it's THE trash pile. Best shithole in Euope m8. You're just jelly that we've got chavs, girls with tattooed on eyebrows and pork tongue for dinner.

10 hours ago, Rassah said:

One redneck sure. But a full country filled with armed citizens means any drastic totalitarian ideas would be very difficult to implement, since a drone won't cut it, you'd need boots on the ground, and the troops who are immoral enough to point their guns at their own people might at least think twice if those people are able to shoot back. The purpose isn't for Bubba to take down the gubmint, but for the government to not be able to take down it's people.

Have you seen Netflix's Winter on Fire documentary? It's that kind of stuff that needs to not happen ever.

Ok, please humour me. What drastic totalitarian ideas do you see realistically sweeping America? Why wouldn't drone strikes be enough to deal with any organized gathering of resistance members? Why would the army support the suppression of it's own people? Why would some dude with a revolver make a trained soldier think twice about engaging him? Why would the government want to take down it's own people and how would a small subset of elites ever be able to subjugate the vast majority of the population?

4 minutes ago, KyryK said:

Uk isn't a trash pile, it's THE trash pile. Best shithole in Euope m8. You're just jelly that we've got chavs, girls with tattooed on eyebrows and pork tongue for dinner.

Ok, please humour me. What drastic totalitarian ideas do you see realistically sweeping America? Why wouldn't drone strikes be enough to deal with any organized gathering of resistance members? Why would the army support the suppression of it's own people? Why would some dude with a revolver make a trained soldier think twice about engaging him? Why would the government want to take down it's own people and how would a small subset of elites ever be able to subjugate the vast majority of the population?

Answers:

Communism.

Communism.

Communism. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Saxon said:

It's more like a grocery store for slightly posh people, but yes it has (free) coffee. 

Obviously knives aren't banned. Guns aren't banned either; my neighbour owns a shotgun. 

What's he use it for?

i heard you need ID to buy kitchen knives lol

Edited by Gamedog

1 hour ago, #00Buck said:

Answers:

Communism.

Communism.

Communism. 

Ah yes, I forgot that the established rulers of the paragon of capitalism were secretly hell bent on abolishing money and setting up a dictatorship of the proletariat. Quite odd seeing as it seems more like the kind of thing an armed populous might try to do...