Patriotism: Helping you get off

Teto

there's a reason for those numbers but I'm not gonna get into that here

15 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

When did this become about blood donation policies?

a few comments ago I guess? because Joshi brought it up as a reason why he doesn't like England (?)

8 minutes ago, Saxon said:

All sex counts. Receiving a blowjob while you wear a condom counts. (That's actually the reason I am ineligible for the next 12 months, lol, not that I actually gave blood beforehand. :\ )

that sucks...

OT tho: @Hux I think on this forum you'd see a similar result. but generally speaking like I mentioned earlier in a similar response, if someone was wiping their ass with a Qu'ran, they're probably doing it as a threat. 

2 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I think he brought it up as a reason he didn't like Germany? They probably both have the same policy, so I digress 

see I thought that but I couldn't tell but it wouldn't surprise me that much. Germans are really weird when it comes to the gays

33 minutes ago, Saxon said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV_and_men_who_have_sex_with_men#cite_note-22

Varies between 2 and 20% depending on region. 

Essentially though, the point is that HIV associated with Men who have sex with Men is a much MUCH bigger problem than HIV rates along racial lines. 

The problem is multiplicative too; if you're black and gay then you have an astronomically bad chance of catching the disease. 

44% of blacks have HIV.

@willow What if it's not a "threat"? Aren't they entitled to the same right to freedom of expression as this kid standing on the flag? How would something like that even be construed as a threat? "Oh, you damn muzzies, I wipe my ass with your holy book! Better watch out, next time I'll be wiping my ass with you!"

1 hour ago, Hux said:

@willow What if it's not a "threat"? Aren't they entitled to the same right to freedom of expression as this kid standing on the flag? How would something like that even be construed as a threat? "Oh, you damn muzzies, I wipe my ass with your holy book! Better watch out, next time I'll be wiping my ass with you!"

Exactly like that actually 

57 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I'm guessing you're deliberately cherry picking. 

Do you recognise that the case for turning away men who have sex with men is oodles better than turning away black people from blood donations? 

I sense that you do, but that you're more interested in arguing about minutia. 

I'm more concerned with 44% not being blocked but gays are

3 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

I'm more concerned with 44% not being blocked but gays are

it's not so much that gays are blocked though, but if you engage in high risk behavior then you're barred for a period of time to make sure you didn't contract HIV

same with traveling to Africa

people who inject drugs are also barred for many of the same reasons 

it's also good to note the majority of black people who have HIV usually come from really poor areas and probably aren't donating blood anyway

• Like 1

Just now, Saxon said:

I'm not so sure; your monogamous partner might have had sex with other people before hand, and could give you HIV.

Even in monogamous relationships gay people will have higher rates of HIV. 

Nope. :3 Both clean as whistles. 

34 minutes ago, Butters said:

If you are in a monogamous relationship, you should be able to give blood I think. 

But all gays are super sexual sex fiends or whatever stereotype is popular this season. 

It's only the gay men that are the fiends. Lesbians have sex like, I dunno, every full moon? Or whenever it rains? Or some shit like that. 

2 minutes ago, AlexInsane said:

It's only the gay men that are the fiends. Lesbians have sex like, I dunno, every full moon? Or whenever it rains? Or some shit like that. 

So clearly the problem is dick.

Don't let people with dicks donate.

5 hours ago, Saxon said:

I'm not sure if you read the '44% of all new infections were attributed to Blacks' and assumed it meant that 44% of Black people have HIV?

Gays in the USA account for 53% of all new infections. 

53% shared among 2% of the population = 26.5 times more HIV than 'average' expectation for bulk population

44% shared among 12% of the population = 3.7 times more HIV than 'average' expectation for bulk population

Do you see why doctors are more worried about gays than blacks? 

I'm on phone but I think it was 44% new cases in 2011?

2 hours ago, Saxon said:

Phoenix is fucked on mobile so I can't delete this blank quote so ignore that

44 is still huge and blacks still make up a massive proportion of HIV infections, I have my own opinions as to why blacks aren't barred though. It's easier to discriminate against gays that it is blacks

ive never had sex with someone who had HIV and I don't have HIV, yet I'm still barred?

I get into monagomous relationships with people who don't have HIV

and again

where is the proof for. 1 in 5

whwre are you getting these stats????

Edited by Gamedog

11 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I think you're more preoccupied with minutia and the 'if I'm turned away they should be too!' mentality isn't really helping. 

Do you agree that, relative the general population, gay people are disproportionately more likely to contract HIV?

Do you agree that, compared to the black population, gay people are disproportionately more likely to contract HIV?

You should be able to see why doctors prioritise gays, then, right?

I also agree that it's easier to turn 2% of the population away than a whole 12%; that's pretty much 1 in 8 people who walks through the door, rather than 1 in 50. 

I do agree with you that some of the reasons people are banned from donating blood are silly; I wouldn't be allowed to, if I tried, because I received oral sex from a man while I was wearing a condom less than 12 months ago. 

Gays more likely to contract HIV than straights? Yes

gays more likely to contact HIV than blacks? I don't think so

i undrstand denying gays who sleep around and have unprotected sex (just like i would for straights) but being denied cause you got a bj with a condom on from a dude months ago? I think that goes less into "this is for safety" and more into paranoid bizarro world  "gays are dirty infected degenerates"

How interesting. This is from CDC

At the end of 2012, an estimated 496,500 African Americans were living with HIV, representing 41% of all Americans living with the virus. Of African Americans living with HIV, around 14% do not know they are infected.

Excerpt from the CDC's page entry on HIV infection rates in the gay and bisexual community:

"Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM)a represent approximately 2% of the United States population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV. In 2010, young gay and bisexual men (aged 13-24 years) accounted for 72% of new HIV infections among all persons aged 13 to 24, and 30% of new infections among all gay and bisexual men. At the end of 2011, an estimated 500,022 (57%) persons living with an HIV diagnosis in the United States were gay and bisexual men, or gay and bisexual men who also inject drugs."

Clayton, how'd you even miss this?

Edited by I Did It For The Cat Girls

On 2/29/2016 at 8:48 PM, Gamedog said:

The point is that: Certain items hold important value and symbolization.
Saying "it's just a flag" doesn't change a damn thing.

Wanting to punch a guy in the face because he stepped on a flag is stupid, and I doubt you owned that particular flag.

Quite frankly, if this country NEEDS symbols in order to be known as the 'land of the free and the home of the brave' and cannot make that clear through actions alone, something's terribly wrong here.

3 hours ago, PheagleAdler said:

Wanting to punch a guy in the face because he stepped on a flag is stupid, and I doubt you owned that particular flag.

Quite frankly, if this country NEEDS symbols in order to be known as the 'land of the free and the home of the brave' and cannot make that clear through actions alone, something's terribly wrong here.

Who cares about actions when you can simply repeat the words "profound", "change" and "recovery" over and over ;D

14 hours ago, PheagleAdler said:

Who said I advocated violence, or wanting to do violence?

Do you have any problem with America's bird symbol being the Bald Eagle? Do you understand why that is?
Do you understand the concept of sentimental value, representation, or symbolism at all? I get the feeling that these are concepts you can't grasp.

Would you get mad if someone came by your parent's graves and took a big shit on em?

On 3/8/2016 at 5:11 PM, Gamedog said:

Who said I advocated violence, or wanting to do violence?

Do you have any problem with America's bird symbol being the Bald Eagle? Do you understand why that is?
Do you understand the concept of sentimental value, representation, or symbolism at all? I get the feeling that these are concepts you can't grasp.

Would you get mad if someone came by your parent's graves and took a big shit on em?

You know what? I am getting a bit angry, AT YOU. Goddamn, let it go already, please.

I understand these concepts quite well, what I 'cannot grasp' is that people like you continue to get bent out of shape any time something happens to a precious American flag. Do you not understand the concept of OWNERSHIP? This is America, these people can and should be able to do what they please with what they own.

What you fail to comprehend here is that NONE OF THESE FLAGS ARE MINE. You can't compare someone shitting on my parents' graves (both are alive atm, so that's not even relevant anyway) to someone doing something construed as offensive to a random American flag that I most likely do not own!

On 3/8/2016 at 2:08 AM, PheagleAdler said:

symbols are generally there to stir some sort of emotion in people. so it's not about being known for anything but rather that when you see an American flag, it makes you feel some sort of emotion. also symbols are easier to show than words tbh

7 minutes ago, PheagleAdler said:

I understand these concepts quite well, what I 'cannot grasp' is that people like you continue to get bent out of shape any time something happens to a precious American flag. Do you not understand the concept of OWNERSHIP? This is America, these people can and should be able to do what they please with what they own.

whatever someone does in their own time in private is fine but if you're gonna post that you're desecrating something a lot of people have some sentimental attachment to in a public place like Facebook, you're probably going to be criticised.

Just now, PheagleAdler said:

Do tell me what the point is then, because I don't see anything good from getting upset over flag desecration.

obviously if you yourself don't have any sort of attachment to it, it doesn't make sense.

but, despite the shitty things that have happened in the name of 'freedom', a lot of people attach emotional sentiment to it. so seeing anyone disrespect it, even if it's not their own, will probably upset them. it's not that hard to understand really..

Just now, willow said:

obviously if you yourself don't have any sort of attachment to it, it doesn't make sense.

but, despite the shitty things that have happened in the name of 'freedom', a lot of people attach emotional sentiment to it. so seeing anyone disrespect it, even if it's not their own, will probably upset them. it's not that hard to understand really..

Oh, I understand what it symbolizes, it's still just a piece of cloth though. As for what it symbolizes, those things aren't going anywhere when something happens to the flag. 

My point is, MAYBE people should get upset about more important things, like their own health, education, etc.

Let me ask a rhetorical: if you had to leave a burning building, would you stop to take your flag(s) with you, even though it may mean you'd be risking your life?

4 minutes ago, PheagleAdler said:

Let me ask a rhetorical: if you had to leave a burning building, would you stop to take your flag(s) with you, even though it may mean you'd be risking your life?

I'm assuming by burning building you mean my house in which case yes because they have some value to me due to how I got them. also because they were both $20 and I don't wanna replace them

they're not American flags but same idea