Rave: Spent a week in Mexico! Did not get sick!

Rassah

Somehow avoided drinking tap water the entire time I was there though. Whole lot of coke (the Cola type) and Pina Coladas though. So, it's possible to go to Mexico without getting sick, or gunned down by drug cartels. Huzzah!

Oh, and cheap as hell too. This was $50 a night.

20160218_211916.thumb.jpg.590151e181a0b0

And this was out back (sorry about the white reflection of my shorts).

IMG_20160220_165839.thumb.jpg.0a136e1ef7

That's only three of the four pools back there. Forth is to the right behind the building completely out of view. I was like, how the hell is this $50 a night? And where are the drug wars I keep seeing on the news?

Edited by Rassah

17 minutes ago, Rassah said:

That's only three of the four pools back there. Forth is to the right behind the building completely out of view. I was like, how the hell is this $50 a night? And where are the drug wars I keep seeing on the news?

In the poorer sections of the country, not the tourist places?

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Conker said:

In the poorer sections of the country, not the tourist places?

Probably. But you'd think the Mafia would be living in the nicer parts of the country. There were no police in this city too.

51 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

You should've taken me with you or everyone in this forum!

For what that place charged, I probably could have!

Rassah have you ever been to NEpal? Apparently its super cheat to do lots of great stuff there. I'm doing a project for you and its pretty huge in tourism. Getting there is a tit in the ass though. 

9 hours ago, Rassah said:

Somehow avoided drinking tap water the entire time I was there though. Whole lot of coke (the Cola type) and Pina Coladas though. So, it's possible to go to Mexico without getting sick, or gunned down by drug cartels. Huzzah!

Politics aside it looks good, wouldn't mind visiting at some point ;D

16 hours ago, Snagged Cub said:

What was the food like? Did you bring a Sombrero as a souvenir? 

In Acapulco it was lots of seafood. Really good restaurants, tastes good, looks fancy, and costs $6 to $14 per plate ($14 was highest I saw). Stuff like grilled octopus, whole grilled fish, shrimp buritos, snapper ceviche, and of course lots of guacamole.

Didn't want to look too much like a white gringo, so avoided sombreros.

7 hours ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

You should have done actual Coke too.

If McAfee had attended, I may have been obligated to :/

2 hours ago, Wrecker said:

Does Mexican Coca Cola actually taste better?

It's sweeter, cause it has sugar instead of corn flavor. And it's no different from Coke from any other part of the world that doesn't subsidize corn and heavily tax sugar (so, every country outside of US). But, honestly, you wouldn't notice the difference unless you were actually aware of it.

• Like 1

I tore a ligament in my right foot along with severely spraining it in Krakow once because apparently Tram drivers in Poland like to speed around street corners but go really slow when on a main stretch of road..... That was really fun, resulted in getting left at the top of the salt mine for 2 and a half hours while my two tutors and other classmates from college went down. Some German lady I couldn't understand started to try and have a conversation with me.

Decided to read a gaming magazine while I waited, most boring and slowest 2 and a half hours of my life!

11 hours ago, Rassah said:

It's sweeter, cause it has sugar instead of corn flavor. And it's no different from Coke from any other part of the world that doesn't subsidize corn and heavily tax sugar (so, every country outside of US). But, honestly, you wouldn't notice the difference unless you were actually aware of it.

And it makes rum taste a lot better and less syrupy. The downside to it is that it goes flat compared to it's redneck cousin. 

On 2/24/2016 at 9:45 PM, Rassah said:

All of that for 50 a night ? Cheezus that looks amazing.

On 2/24/2016 at 10:45 PM, Rassah said:

HOTEL ROOM

SHORTS

HOLY FUCK, FIDDY DOLLARS FOR SWANKY ROOM AND YOU DIDN'T GET SICK?

1387936653864.thumb.gif.2ac707850fe90e90402943db70e58062.gif