Foreingers of FAF: Draw the USA

jcstinks

I'm curious how good of a grasp non-USians have of the USA. ITT, foreigners draw maps of our glorious nation without consulting Google.

I'll start, as someone who has essentially foreign knowledge of the USA's geography as I have not consulted a map in over 15 years.bFxy9Gs.png

• Like 6

3 hours ago, jcstinks said:

I'm curious how good of a grasp non-USians have of the USA. ITT, foreigners draw maps of our glorious nation without consulting Google.

I'll start, as someone who has essentially foreign knowledge of the USA's geography as I have not consulted a map in over 15 years.bFxy9Gs.png

Can confirm, many elderly Jews here, except usually further south.  I think you nailed the nuances of each state better than I could, and I live in the U.S.

• Like 1

This makes me laugh. i keep forgetting that not everybody i know is familiar with the US geography. Fuck, not even half the twits who LiVE here know more than what i've seen in this thread. What's more surprising is how non 'Muricans are still familiar with stereotypes and where they fall on the map. i'm not sure if i should be flattered everybody knows about the Pacific Northwest or worried because i know NOTHiNG about Europe, let alone the UK, no matter how many times i watch CGP Grey's videos. i couldn't tell where the people say, "Oi!", the people say, "Pip pip, cheerio!", "Bollocks!", 'Ello Gov'nah!", or, "Croikey!".

Though i'm pretty sure the latter comes from Australia.

5 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

>Thinking Massachusetts is Maine

I find that highly offensive. I'm reporting you for cyberbullying and comparing me to sub-humans.

I got the acronym wrong, not the state.

I thought "MA" was Maine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Frasier's in Seattle Washington, not hipsterville Oregon. :V

I did an overlap of the states above and below, because I knew Seattle was just inside the border of one of them, but not sure which. Seattle, Washington rings bells though. Bells rung.

1 minute ago, LazerMaster5 said:

How dare you place Ohio in Michigan. If there is one thing people in Ohio hate more than anything, it's Michigan.

Uh oh. That means I at least got Michigan close to where it should be, gotta give me that. :3

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Revates said:

Uh oh. That means I at least got Michigan close to where it should be, gotta give me that. :3

Nothing is given to anybody that thinks North Carolina is Virginia.

Confusing us hicks with those awful-BBQ-havin', politician-lovin', awful-driver-bein' hicks is nothing short of a sin. The only thing that could be worse about your map is if you called North Carolina West Carolina; at least we know our compass.

Serves West Virginia right for being labelled Kentucky, but I've gotta pity Tennessee; what did they do - aside from allow Dollywood to exist - to deserve that? Ain't nothin' is what they did.

• Like 1

On 2/29/2016 at 10:44 PM, MalletFace said:

Nothing is given to anybody that thinks North Carolina is Virginia.

Confusing us hicks with those awful-BBQ-havin', politician-lovin', awful-driver-bein' hicks is nothing short of a sin. The only thing that could be worse about your map is if you called North Carolina West Carolina; at least we know our compass.

Serves West Virginia right for being labelled Kentucky, but I've gotta pity Tennessee; what did they do - aside from allow Dollywood to exist - to deserve that? Ain't nothin' is what they did.

But Kentucky's nice. My uncle, aunt, and cousins live there. Of course the one has gone on to college in Florida. 

• 2 weeks later...