Donald Trump Is Going To Save America

PastryOfApathy

Liberals, conservatives, or whatever else label you choose to apply to yourself how about we all take the time to look past the rhetoric and the stereotypes and actually understand the viewpoints and positions that each side truly holds.  Lets put aside our notions of conservatives as hateful bigots from the 19th century and liberals as pompous assholes and actually engage each others arguments and examine the strengths and weaknesses that said arguments possess.  This is not to say that we should all agree or come to some sort of compromise between our ideas, but merely that we should earnestly engage each other in discussion.  Let us first realize that all any one wants is for the world to be a better safer place we just disagree on how to get there.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

Seems ike I can't say the same for my eperiences in the politlcal discussion.

I think certain groups attracft certain personality types

SORRY FOR TYPOS THIS GREY FONT ON WHITE BACKGROUND IS SHIT AND I AM TOO LAZY TO FIX

I wouldn't be surprised really

Just passing along some info about Trump.

He isn't a conservative. 

Conservatism is an ideology. It has principals. 

Trump has no ideology. He has no principals. 

He just does whatever he feels like at the moment. 

He does not embrace any political ethos. 

He's just an egomaniac driven by an immense sense of greed and self importance. 

Edited by #00Buck
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

He isn't a conservative. 

dont you dare talk about him like that, i will die for our president

tumblr_musbbcGF7G1sr2rwmo3_r1_250.gif

9 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

He isn't a conservative. 

Not a lot of Conservatives come out of New York, just saying.

http://www.vox.com/2016/1/15/10776154/manhattan-new-york-conservative

52 minutes ago, Derin Darkpaw said:

Liberals, conservatives, or whatever else label you choose to apply to yourself how about we all take the time to look past the rhetoric and the stereotypes and actually understand the viewpoints and positions that each side truly holds.  Lets put aside our notions of conservatives as hateful bigots from the 19th century and liberals as pompous assholes and actually engage each others arguments and examine the strengths and weaknesses that said arguments possess.  This is not to say that we should all agree or come to some sort of compromise between our ideas, but merely that we should earnestly engage each other in discussion.  Let us first realize that all any one wants is for the world to be a better safer place we just disagree on how to get there.

This is a very @Jtrekkie sounding post

3 hours ago, #00Buck said:

He isn't a conservative. 

He is Merkel!

Well, besides her going for the bland-i-don't-have-a-position rather than the shouting.

The thing that I can't fathom is how people support Trump despite his "tenuous relationship with the truth".  Do Trump supporters not take the effort to fact check anything he says, not believe the facts, or do they simply not care that much of what he says is complete bull.  Here's the latest example from the Daily Show last night.  Don't pee on my leg and tell me its raining.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/ml4hgx/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-donald-trump-s-victory-speech-infomercial

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strongbob said:

The thing that I can't fathom is how people support Trump despite his "tenuous relationship with the truth".  Do Trump supporters not take the effort to fact check anything he says, not believe the facts, or do they simply not care that much of what he says is complete bull.  Here's the latest example from the Daily Show last night.  Don't pee on my leg and tell me its raining.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/ml4hgx/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-donald-trump-s-victory-speech-infomercial

Trump is first and foremost a businessman and he has a way of speaking that makes you at least kind of believe what he's saying. You know it sounds crazy but you're also like 'it makes sense'

Build a wall to keep out the Mexicans? Sure

Temporarily ban Muslims or make them wear some form of identification? Okay

Repeal gay marriage? Please

It kind of reminds me of this

(there was a better clip but I can't find it)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Strongbob said:

It's called charisma. Politicians by their very nature have loads of it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, willow said:

Trump is first and foremost a businessman and he has a way of speaking that makes you at least kind of believe what he's saying. You know it sounds crazy but you're also like 'it makes sense'

Build a wall to keep out the Mexicans? Sure

Temporarily ban Muslims or make them wear some form of identification? Okay

Repeal gay marriage? Please

It kind of reminds me of this

(there was a better clip but I can't find it)

As a Businessman, you have to sell yourself and the product your peddling.As terrible as it can be, using tactics to rile up the masses by preying on their fear is a good tactic to tell someone "You need me", or "you need this". That, and the American public has been teetering between both anger and fear with current society. They want more action and less word games and they feel that Trump can bring what other Bushs, Clintons, or Obamas can do. They want a guy that's not of the establishment and for the common people. 

I can see the appeal in Trump. However, I feel that he's very poor on explaining the policies he tries to sell to people. Any person that can read between the lines can tell easily.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

This is how Billy Mays rose to power.

Beware the Sham Wow and the germ killing power of Oxy Clean. 

I'm ok with salesmen bending the truth because I expect them to do it to sell their product.  I'm even ok with politicians stretching the truth, because most issues don't have easy solutions.  But when the politicians start trying to sell me a complete load of bull that I can easily verify as a load of bull, we're going to have problems.  I can choose not to buy a Sham Wow, but I can't choose which laws I need to obey.

33 minutes ago, Zeke said:

As a Businessman, you have to sell yourself and the product your peddling.As terrible as it can be, using tactics to rile up the masses by preying on their fear is a good tactic to tell someone "You need me", or "you need this". That, and the American public has been teetering between both anger and fear with current society. They want more action and less word games and they feel that Trump can bring what other Bushs, Clintons, or Obamas can do. They want a guy that's not of the establishment and for the common people. 

I can see the appeal in Trump. However, I feel that he's very poor on explaining the policies he tries to sell to people. Any person that can read between the lines can tell easily.

yeah that's basically what I was trying to get at but I wasn't sure how to word it. he's also louder than any of the other GOP candidates so people are more likely to listen to him.

which reminds me, he's coming to St.Louis tomorrow

13 minutes ago, ZorroValdez said:

It's too late, we're already here!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

20 hours ago, Derin Darkpaw said:

You must be new here. Intelligent, thoughtful debate? What?

23 hours ago, Wrecker said:

Hidden Content

Judge Judy?
judge_judy_by_izra-d9iv33n.png

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

You must be new here. Intelligent, thoughtful debate? What?

I have had numerous intelligent thoughtful debates on this very website.  There is no reason to assume that people are incapable of such.  If you set your expectations high you will be surprised how often people will truly rise to meet them, but if you set the bar down in the mud well don't be shocked when you get dirty.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Derin Darkpaw said:

I have had numerous intelligent thoughtful debates on this very website.  There is no reason to assume that people are incapable of such.  If you set your expectations high you will be surprised how often people will truly rise to meet them, but if you set the bar down in the mud well don't be shocked when you get dirty.

This site is like a fake news show, it's mostly crass shitposting with mild entertainment value, but there are a few nuggets of wisdom that make it all worth while. 

I love how all my friends who are all Bernie supporters (and about 99% of my friends are), are like "Well Hillary has won 70% of the states so far, but don't lose hope because Bernie is going to win all the states in the future for sure! There's no way Hillary will win any of those states."

Like, what delusional fucking universe do you live in? Wishful thinking does not equate to fact. You can't just think it will happen and it will just happen. This is what we get when we hand out trophies for participation and for "trying".

I am no Hillary supporter but I can tell you it is likely Hil will win most of the states in the future. Bern may get a few here and there, but not enough to make a difference.

Edited by Crazy Lee
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

I love how all my friends who are all Bernie supporters (and about 99% of my friends are), are like "Well Hillary has won 70% of the states so far, but don't lose hope because Bernie is going to win all the states in the future for sure! There's no way Hillary will win any of those states."

Like, what delusional fucking universe do you live in? Wishful thinking does not equate to fact. You can't just think it will happen and it will just happen. This is what we get when we hand out trophies for participation and for "trying".

I am no Hillary supporter but I can tell you it is likely Hil will win most of the states in the future. Bern may get a few here and there, but not enough to make a difference.

Hillary has a lot more  influence politically than Bernie, so its a no brainer who'd win the primaries. I'd like Bern to get it instead of Hill, but it's not going to happen. 

To be frank, Trump has a higher chance of becoming president now that a handful of the people running behind him are throwing their weight behind him. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

She has a lot more influence and she's doing relatively better than Bernie however, in the majority of the states she's won, it's only been by really small margins (between 1-5%)

I think in Illinois she won by 2%