Disappearing Acts

I'm thinking about those people I've met here online that have faded away, people whose current status is unknown.

Back on the old FAF there was this man, Ariosto. For some reason he keeps springing back to mind. Must be because he made a good impression on me. Guy had a wolf with ram horns as avatar. Since I associate people with their icon I would often end up mistaking him for another guy who was using the same hybrid species. isuckatdrawing/MarkofBane was his name if I recall correctly, another decent fella. Back to Ariosto. He was from somewhere in South America. Peru maybe. He always came off as cultured to me as well as well mannered and chill. He had a passion for opera. I still remember a piece he once shared, Gianni Schicchi. It was actually rather nice, much better than what I anticipated.

Didn't hear from him ever since the old FAF's final period, after the leaks and before the shutdown. I don't really know the guy but even so I inexplicably do hope that wherever he is, whatever he's doing, that he's doing alright. It's worrisome when people disappear without a word. Should any of you know more about his status, let me know. Thread post or PM, take your pick. Chances are he just moved on in life, maybe simply left the fandom, found something better and I'm getting worked up over nothing.

If you too know people you appreciated that just vanished, leaving you wonder where they are, what they're doing now, do share. Or not. Do whatever you want.

Edited by Guest

Doesn't exactly fit the thread, but I've moved and had to switch schools tons of times, and just disappeared without telling anyone. Kind of made me feel like shit each time since I did have some friends I liked (and missed afterwards), but I could never bring myself to tell anyone because I just didn't want the attention.

Ariosto is on Skype like

All the time.

Every day we talk c:

And also has no intentions of coming back to either forum.

I have a few friends I'm genuinely curious about knowing where they went, one of which is Gronix...( @WolfNightV4X1 knows who she is)

Edited by FenrirDarkWolf

20 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

Ariosto is on Skype like

All the time.

Every day we talk c:

I have a few friends I'm genuinely curious about knowing where they went, one of which is Gronix...( @WolfNightV4X1 knows who she is)

I should hit her up on steam since I'm like highly sure she spends most of her days gaming and has vanished from skype and forum activity for the most part.

I wish I would keep up with people better >< I'm worried about talking to her again and then disappearing off the face of the planet.

Alas, it is I who is the great Houdini, unfortunately so.

32 minutes ago, MuttButt said:

I talk to ariosoto on a weekly basis on discord/skype, and I live in the same town as markofbane, they're both doing fine :3

If you guys were to ever meet up you should hug each other or hang with each other in spirit for me, WolfNight commands it.

Also Amiir Muttbutt is correct, both are fine and well and I attempt (horribly so) to contact them on skype occassionally, Ariosto is definitely all that you described him and yes he is from South America, Columbia to be exact. Neither are forumgoers as much anymore, you're likely to run into Ian on FA with a swift PM if you don't skype often though.

Speaking of dissappearers, you hadnt been on foruming in awhile I was starting to wonder about YOU myself :P Glad you didnt pull a dissappearing act either, dude.

Edit 36293: As for who else I recall that are no longer with us (I'll probably remember more as they pop in mind) Kitsunecross was pretty awesome to have around and I think he exists on FA but hasnt jumped the forum ship at all recently, Rattical is on FA I believe but isn't doing forum stuff because of life stuff (he was adorable I loved him), Funky3000 is doing college life stuff and is on skype doing well as ever, Samandriel Morningstar was one of my favorite cool people but I guess she-now-he fell out of the forum scene, Bonobosoph is pretty dang awesome as well she joined a bit again but also fell out. Queen-Cheetah was pretty dang cool but is probably on FA more often now. Ninten was waaaaaaay back and he was an awesome part of my forum-gaming experience. Mr.Sparta is still around but also fell out of the forums, he's on skype now but as per the usual I suck at skype PM's, love the guy to death though. Jtrekkie and Kleric/Luke are still fierce friendpanions of mine, both are no longer forumgoers but are more active on skype. I'm sure Dbatty is around somewhere doing bat things. Sniperfreak is still on FA probably and lurking whatever other forums.

Hikaru Okami...holy shit that guy is amazing but damn he just quit altogether, I hope wherever he is he's doing swell and having a good life.

....aaaaaand yeah. Big list already I know. I retain a lot of memory of individuals even those I hardly know well, it's ridiculous.

If only I had this ability in physical social situations I would be "normal"

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

2 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

I should hit her up on steam since I'm like highly sure she spends most of her days gaming and has vanished from skype and forum activity for the most part.

Also Amiir Muttbutt is correct, both are fine and well and I attempt (horribly so) to contact them on skype occassionally, Ariosto is definitely all that you described him and yes he is from South America, Columbia to be exact. Neither are forumgoers as much anymore, you're likely to run into Ian on FA with a swift PM if you don't skype often though.

Hikaru Okami...holy shit that guy is amazing but damn he just quit altogether, I hope wherever he is he's doing swell and having a good life.

Ohhh, if you find her, do say hello for me!

In the wise words of Ariosto *Colombia.

I have Hikaru's number, I wonder if I could text him..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Terminal7 said:

The last activity I've seen of them was 3 days ago on Twitter. 

9 hours ago, MuttButt said:

I talk to ariosoto on a weekly basis on discord/skype, and I live in the same town as markofbane, they're both doing fine :3

9 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

Ariosto is on Skype like

All the time.

Every day we talk c:

9 hours ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Muttbutt is correct, both are fine and well and I attempt (horribly so) to contact them on skype occassionally, Ariosto is definitely all that you described him and yes he is from South America, Columbia to be exact. Neither are forumgoers as much anymore, you're likely to run into Ian on FA with a swift PM if you don't skype often though.

That's reassuring. If I may be so snoopy, could you tell me what they're up to these days? I'm genuinely curious, 'bout Ariosto especially

Speaking of dissappearers, you hadnt been on foruming in awhile I was starting to wonder about YOU myself :P Glad you didnt pull a dissappearing act either, dude.

;u;

You're always so kind to me. Both you and @DrDingo showed concern towards me and words cannot express how much I appreciate it. Thank you. Truth is I still feel like an idiot for that couple of outbursts I had back in january. Figured I'd leave for a bit and return when I'll feel better, give myself some time to reflect, cool down and all that jazz. Either way, thank you again guys, you're awesome

On a side note, feel free to add me on Steam if you want Val. Nick's Amiir on there as well. Whatever floats your boat. If you do, great! If not, I won't mind :)

Rattical. Funky3000. Bonobosoph. Mr.Sparta. Jtrekkie and Kleric/Luke

[...]

If only I had this ability in physical social situations I would be "normal"

Yes, these folks are in my good people list too. I wonder what Trekkie and Kleric are doing now. Didn't they become, like, boyfriends or something? Probably not any of my business lol

And you are a lot more ''socially skilled'' than you may think dude

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Amiir said:

That's reassuring. If I may be so snoopy, could you tell me what they're up to these days? I'm genuinely curious, 'bout Ariosto especially

Yes, these folks are in my good people list too. I wonder what Trekkie and Kleric are doing now. Didn't they become, like, boyfriends or something? Probably not any of my business lol

And you are a lot more ''socially skilled'' than you may think dude

Ari's being Ari, derping around, being a smart ass, and knee-deep in uni.

Yes they did and they are super adorable!!!

• Like 1

Mr.Sparta is still around but also fell out of the forums, he's on skype now but as per the usual I suck at skype PM's, love the guy to death though.

Also Sparta used to be here a bit, as you know, shitposting about, but the way a lot of the furry community acts really hits him hard and hurts him a lot because we're very depressive among other things. It was extremely poisonous to him so I convinced him to pull off of the forums for his own safety because I was super worried and there's only so much I can do.

Also @Amiir this is from Ariosto:

pOMXvB0.png

So many sweeties that I'm glad to hear are okay.

I also miss people I liked to see post, even if I did not really get to talk with them. Corto, Aleu, DinosaurDammit, the kiwi from new zealend. Fallow was on this list until he came back. 

KitsuneCross was really cool and I bugged him about things like an immature child, aswell as DBatty.

It has been a long time since I have made human connections, mayhaps it is time to start anew.

(There were also a couple of users that tried their best but given that I was mentally insane when I joined at first, I drove them off with it. Anubite, Ember Aldino, and jack the bipolar bear all suffered me at that time.)

Edit: Also people I have on my skype (and rarely talk to) that don't post here anymore including Kellie, Gibby, and Kalmor.

Edited by Johanna Waya

Not a forum member, but one of the people I considered a br0 disappeared after repeatedly speaking about suicidal thoughts and overall instability.
He abandoned Steam, deactivated FB and severed all connections to everything and everyone I know without saying anything to me. Given the social suicide, I've been worried he might've done the IRL one as well.

Few months ago I managed to catch a glimpse of a notification of a friend making friends with a person with the same name on FB, so I hope he's still alive, but with a fresh start.

there were a few users that I didn't exactly talk to on a daily basis but they made the forums pretty interesting 

namely Ratte, Catte, Thatch, Icky, Harbinger, and a few others. they all stopped using the forums way before they went down though 

I used to talk to Catte on Skype for awhile though

18 minutes ago, willow said:

there were a few users that I didn't exactly talk to on a daily basis but they made the forums pretty interesting 

namely Ratte, Catte, Thatch, Icky, Harbinger, and a few others. they all stopped using the forums way before they went down though 

I used to talk to Catte on Skype for awhile though

Harb used to be on Skype for a while and then he just up and disappeared for reasons.

I still catch him on the main site at times, when he makes a journal.

For myself, there was an old friend of mine, Harvex. We used to be such good friends, but things started going downhill with his bf and eventually he just cut all his ties with furries to start anew.

I confronted him about it twice and both times he said he more-or-less said he wants nothing to do with me or any of his other friends any more.

25 minutes ago, Johanna Waya said:

Smelge

I recall them being an alright person, if a bit biting

Also, this is now offically technically a callout thread

MOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, jcstinks said:

0pv3unA.gif

Hateful Bitch was always hilarious and a sweetheart.

lmaooo that's me in 2011 (or 2012). I turned into Hateful Bitch at some point and kept using avatars of like Ke$ha and stuff. I'm still a sweetheart.

Christ my hair was good. I'll have it back again in time.

Edited by Teto