Lets play some Werewolf! (aka Mafia)

Kosha

So here's how the game works: there are 2 factions, the Town and the Werewolves. The Town is completely ignorant of who is and who isn't a Werewolf. The Werewolves know who is a Werewolf and is conspiring to defeat the Town. There are two phases: a day phase and a night phase. During the day phase, everyone votes on who they think is a Werewolf. Whoever gets most votes gets killed off and what faction they were a part of gets revealed. During the night phase, the Werewolves will make their kill while Town power roles will do whatever they were assigned to do. This keeps on going until one factor is the victor. The Town wins by eliminating all Werewolves while the Werewolves win by outnumbering or being equal to the town.

Still confused? Here is a tutorial on how to play. I know the tutorial is for Mafia, but the only difference between Mafia and Werewolf is the name. Why Werewolf? Furries, that's why.

Setting:

Welcome to Lazarus, a quaint little trading town near a forest! It's the last town with a trade post before the Capital. Since the town is near a forest, meats, furs, and hides are commonly sold there. There are always visitors at the trading post since travelers need supplies. One morning, the Huntmaster, named Kosha, was found dead in the middle of the town with claw marks on his chest and wolf prints leading from the forest. Since wolves seldom leave the forest, it had to be werewolves.

Rules:

1. Adhere to forum rules.
  2. Day phases last 48 hours while Night phases last 24.
  3. If you want to join, please make it clear to me by posting something along the lines of "In." I'll start the game once I think we have enough players (~10). Once the game has started,
  4. Votes must be bolded.
  5. If you wish to change your vote, simply Unvote.
  6. If you are dead, you are no longer able to vote, or reveal any of your previous night actions or claim anything you did while alive that isn't present in the thread. You may indicate who you believe is werewolf/town/whatever, however. But unless you use their in-thread behavior as a reason, or give no reason, you are not allowed to explain why.
  7. Private Communication is only allowed if I'm one of the recipients of the PM.
  8. Do not quote any message the host (or anyone else) may send you; you must use your own words. This also means that you can never quote your Role PM.
  9. Abstain is allowed.
  10. Inactivity results in death.
  11. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE CAN YOU EDIT YOUR POSTS.

Round 1:

Spoiler

Players:

1. WolfNightV4X1

2. Chrysocyon

3. Zop

4. Teto Villager, killed Night 1

5. Misomie

6. Rhíulchabán

7. Mr. Fox

8. FenrirDarkWolf Villager, killed Night 2

9. Shiekra Tora Villager, lynched Day 1

10. Astrium

Replacements:

1. Crazy Lee

Round 2:

Spoiler

1. FenrirDarkWolf

2. Crazy Lee

3. Caledonian

4. Chrysocyon

5. Zop

6. Misomie Werewolf, lynched Day 1

7. Wax Werewolf, lynched Day 3

8. Luccus

9. Fossa-Boy Villager, lynched Day 2

10. GarthTheWereWolf Falaffel

4 hours ago, Teto said:

Question about the rules: I know I cant edit my post under any circumstances, but what if I really, really want to?

Please do not. This game requires analysis of posts and recognizing patterns. Editing your posts is pretty much evidence tampering.

Day 0

The town was quite distraught by Kosha's death. Everyone showed up to his funeral, many tears were wept. After Kosha's body was good and buried, everyone went home for the night.

The game has started. Send in your Night actions.

Edited by Kosha
  • Like 3

:P You'te quite the trigger happy murderer, there. 

Knowing your reputation as a derpy coyote amongst the forums, however, I do not yet take your accussations quite seriously besides messing around, but whoever you are you're certainly starting us off with quite the stir

1 hour ago, Zop said:

Vote FenrirDarkWolf

I mean come on his name is Fenrir and he is a dark wolf. He might as well be wearing a sign that says "I did it."

This is night time, no votes.

Also, you're whole vote needs to be bolded, like I just did in the quote.

Night 1

Teto went home in a rush, worried some thief might have used Kosha's funeral as an opportunity to ransack his home. He picked up his ripped sack and counted his coppers. To his relief, he still had the two coppers he had before he left. He figured this was as good a time as any to repair his sack and retrieved his sewing kit. After sewing his sack back together, he cooked a nice stew. He stewed over this stew until it was as stewey as a stew can be. It was quite a good meal. It was getting dark and Teto went into his usual nighttime ritual. He sat in his big chair in front of the fire and chewed some fat. He chewed and chewed and the fire crackled and crackled, until as he started to get sleepy. Just as he started falling asleep, he heard something snap outside. Curious what caused it, Teto went outside to investigate. As we've learned from terrible horror movies, this was not his wisest decision because as soon as he left his house he was mauled.

Teto was killed!

Spoiler

He was a villager!

Day has started! Commence voting!
Edited by Kosha

I would call off the Zop votes, I doubt he's a werewolf honestly, he's just messing around.

If Zop was a were he could have attempted to secretly kill people off in PM rather than blow his kill-happy spree in the beginning of the game before the rules even permitted it, thereby revealing his identity as werewolf...

1 minute ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

I would call off the Zop votes, I doubt he's a werewolf honestly, he's just messing around.

If Zop was a were he could have attempted to secretly kill people off in PM rather than blow his kill-happy spree in the beginning of the game before the rules even permitted it, thereby revealing his identity as werewolf...

Unless it's a clever double-bluff intended to make us think he's just Zop being Zop while he actually is a werewolf.

Or he could be a Tanner.

Would like to add, either Zop is a villager who's goofing off, or a werewolf who is goofing off and simply wants to get killed way too early...but I would think as a werewolf one wants to last longer in-game rather than give up so soon, also consider that Zop actually WANTED his role as a were in the beginning of the game. The were role is supposed to be lesser than the town, so the chances he got what he wanted are...low, I would think

But from his posting style, can you not tell he's taking his role in this game rather facetiously?

1 minute ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Would like to add, either Zop is a villager who's goofing off, or a werewolf who is goofing off and simply wants to get killed way too early...but I would think as a werewolf one wants to last longer in-game rather than give up so soon, also consider that Zop actually WANTED his role as a were in the beginning of the game. The were role is supposed to be lesser than the town, so the chances he got what he wanted are...low, I would think

But from his posting style, can you not tell he's taking his role in this game rather facetiously?

My guess is that he's the Tanner, who wins by dying.

Unvote Zop.

• Like 1

Hmm...what happens if we point accusations to a new face in this town?

For example, Rhiulchaban was also quick to reply after the death, perhaps to cover his tracks as a wolf himself? Hmm?

I see Rhiul has already accused me after I refreshed the page, a bit of cross-fire, how interesting.

You have two marks against you, good sir, and to be quite frank I'm a bit wary 

Vote Rhiulchaban

Edit: for the record I did not edit the comment so much as type more...the comment auto-merged.

This site kind of sucks and never merges when I want it to, but nooooooow it merges into the post. How quaint. I hope that does not defy the rules, DM

I will also consider the fact that the wolves among us are being silent, probably not on at this time, and will likely withdraw my vote once I consider other option or a meaningful defense is raised on the guilt of Rhiulchaban.

I do wonder what roles some of the silents have to play, caution should be exercised if that's the case. 

3 minutes ago, Rhíulchabán said:

I was bitching from my own room about all the yelling, how could it have been me?

You don't as of yet have any alibi that could confirm this statement, rather than simply an anecdote you alone bear to clear your innocence

Would anyone have some logical statement that could remove you of the accusation so shall I withdraw...or until I learn what I can amongst the others.

5 minutes ago, Rhíulchabán said:

There are no logical statements protecting any of us, it could just as easily have been you and you have no proof to defend yourself either.

All of our alibis are our own word or the words of others, but we can't judge the truth of them objectively. We're all equally miring in sin here, and there's no logic to get us out of that...

touche, though I'm looking into what action and inaction that could be considered suspicious, not simply flippant accusation.

I have some assumption to believe Zop isn't a wolf, due to reputation and comment.

While I'm at it I may just point out I'm a bit suspicious of Misomie as well, I suspect that worry for the fallen friends might be a sign of lycanthropy, given a were's first choice might be to cover up his crime

As the day wears on I'll listen to what anyone else has to chime in, and myself will revote if that seems the case