I watch celebrities on TV. Be jelly, scrubs.

I did get to have a PM conversation with my favorite streamer once, lasted about 10 messages total. That was pretty awesome despite how short it was. He's not super famous or anything tho, so most people would be like "ok, why do I care?"

26 minutes ago, Kinare said:

I did get to have a PM conversation with my favorite streamer once, lasted about 10 messages total. That was pretty awesome despite how short it was. He's not super famous or anything tho, so most people would be like "ok, why do I care?"

Sometimes it's those little things that mean the most to a person!! And who often  gets to talk to someone they admire??

Speaking of streaming, once I was watching a livestream Temmie Chang (worked on Undertale) was hosting and I wrote a compliment in the chat and she actually read it and said she really appreciated it!! That was nice.

6 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

Speaking of streaming, once I was watching a livestream Temmie Chang (worked on Undertale) was hosting and I wrote a compliment in the chat and she actually read it and said she really appreciated it!! That was nice.

The streamers I watch check their chats regularly because they're not super fast (but they're not super slow either, so stuff does get missed) and often respond... I'm too nervous to ever ask anything in chat because 1) it might get missed/ignored and I don't like that either way - once a guy with a basically non-existent chat ignored me, so I never know if I'm asking something they don't want to answer or it just got missed; 2) just the fact that a bunch of other people can see what I say makes me anxious, even though they mostly seem nice.

1 minute ago, Kinare said:

The streamers I watch check their chats regularly because they're not super fast (but they're not super slow either, so stuff does get missed) and often respond... I'm too nervous to ever ask anything in chat because 1) it might get missed/ignored and I don't like that either way - once a guy with a basically non-existent chat ignored me, so I never know if I'm asking something they don't want to answer or it just got missed; 2) just the fact that a bunch of other people can see what I say makes me anxious, even though they mostly seem nice.

I know exactly what you mean. "Webchat anxiety" I guess. It feels like you're entering a room full of strangers and butting into their conversation. I never used to participate in chats at all, but I've gotten a little more confident as of late. But I don't watch streamers that often either. 

Just now, Endless/Nameless said:

It feels like you're entering a room full of strangers and butting into their conversation.

EXACTLY. Ur smert wit werdz. I had no idea how to really explain it in a more simple fashion.

I recently subbed and donated to the aforementioned streamer, but I made sure to do it at a time when I knew he would not be streaming so he wouldn't put a spotlight on me during his stream. It's only good attention that would come of it, but any sort of spotlight makes me very nervous. I do worry that he'll mention it during the 1hr chat time he does before he actually starts playing tho... Not a lot of people viewing at that point at least.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kinare said:

EXACTLY. Ur smert wit werdz. I had no idea how to really explain it in a more simple fashion.

I recently subbed and donated to the aforementioned streamer, but I made sure to do it at a time when I knew he would not be streaming so he wouldn't put a spotlight on me during his stream. It's only good attention that would come of it, but any sort of spotlight makes me very nervous. I do worry that he'll mention it during the 1hr chat time he does before he actually starts playing tho... Not a lot of people viewing at that point at least.

The best thing to do I've found is just remember, "I have just as much right to be here as all these other bozos did when they got here!!" 

But that's coming from the guy who's too reclusive to video chat with his best friend :P 

7 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

But that's coming from the guy who's too reclusive to video chat with his best friend :P 

I know those feels too yo. I have yet to do that, but I don't currently have anyone to say "no" to either. Back in the day when I had close friends, they would let me see them and I felt bad for not returning the favor, but I was just too scared of being judged. Back then they were lucky that they even got to hear my voice. Now voice is not nearly as much of a problem for me because of all the practice I've had the last 4 or so years, so maybe video chat would work the same way - easier with practice.

Derp, just realized I'm getting a tad off topic here. Sorry mods! D:

Edited by Kinare
  • Like 1

I'm married to someone who's a relative of Hatfield and McCoys, my dad works for the US Department of State under Hilary at one point, one of my friends played the younger version of the coach from The Mighty Ducks and the kid in First Kid, and a few months ago I was at a large dinner at a Bitcoin conference, and I got to sit across from and talk to the guy who was in charge of Super NES Star Fox team.

Edited by Rassah
  • Like 1